/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIyQVmu03YU
44086.diarynote.jp/201701022309495930/
github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk/issues/1022
reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/76qroi/fsa_takes_out_small_combat_group_of_assad/
problemkaputt.de/gba.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I get rid of these texture seams in GC Crazy Taxi? Latest dev build of Dolphin, native res/1x AF/no anti-aliasing.

>MelonDS 0.5 finally comes out
>It's fucking nothing
>not a single commit since
>last tweet from Staplebutter was him threatening to blow up a building
>that was 5 days ago

Is it possible to achieve this sound quality with a DSP plugin in RetroArch?

youtube.com/watch?v=CIyQVmu03YU

Ok, I need an manual of instruction of bizhawk.
There must be some way to adjust game internal clock without having to messing up with PC's clock.

>give up on Lakka because no package manager to fuck with things
>compile RetroArch on arch Linux
>spend all night setting it up with Alsa and PulseAudio
>wrote a script to scrape roms from torrent sites via ssh
>set up samba so it acts as a media server in the background
>finally comes together nicely

This is a good feel.

What system is that? PC -FX?

Snes. Japanese Super Famicon.
Far East Eden Zero. 天外魔境Zero

Also by PC I was meaning windows 7's clock.
Not clock speed kind of clock.
Pic related kind of clock.

My English sucks.

Isn't there an option for that?

zeromus did nothing wrong

Anyone got atari800 libretro to work? It doesn't find my bios files.

I thought that was some more modern system with RTC. Can't help you, I can't even start game, it stays in some check program.

Use the RunAsDate utility if you need date spoofing for a single thing and don't want to deal with fallout from changing the system clock.

Press F1 to get into internal emulator menu. There - emulator configuration, system rom settings. Yes, it's another half-assed, no documentation libretro core.

Also do it on Bizhawk.
Snes9x can do it but shit is complex as fuck.

I will try it right now.

For ps3iso site, does anyone know if the links the site uses all work?

I'm considering buying a month of MEGA to download all the good shit and be done with it but I don't want to waste my time and money if all the links have been removed by now.

Fix'd

Here's the thing with this sort of bottom of the barrel dogshit. This could easily be a problem with the game and not the emulator.

Mupen64Plus, btw.

Aaaaand did not worked.

Looks like I have to search where are the address related to S-RTC chip.
This japanese guy found it but did not show where.
But at least it exist.
44086.diarynote.jp/201701022309495930/

And we have another random crash. That's the third in three different locations.

>Mupen64Plus
Plain awful

github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk/issues/1022

>tfw you realize NO$GBA is actually pronounced "no charge gbeeayy"

Beats me, I looked but wasn't able to find it. I have everything as close to "default" as possible.

I always thought it was "no money".

Why is Byuu's cat such a fat ass? Why doesn't he put it on a diet?

what games are you emulating

Playing Parasite Eve II using the mednafen core on Retroarch, reached the part where I'm supposed to switch disks, go to quick menu, load the .cue file and... Nothing happens. Tried ejecting and closing the virtual tray, loading the .bin file (it crashed)... What am I missing here?

Its a double entendre
You dont have to charge it
Theres no charge for them

I was playing Hercules on N64, but it's a busted piece of shit. So I'm watching videos of regime fighters getting BTFO in Syria.

reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/76qroi/fsa_takes_out_small_combat_group_of_assad/

It's no cash. Go here and look at your browser's tab:
problemkaputt.de/gba.htm

Should have just went with the m3u solution for multi disc games.
But normally just add the 2nd disc, open tray, change disc index, close tray and it works, unless RA broke down again.

The downside of doing things that way its that you will have to go through that process everytime you want to play if you don't wanna rename savestates / memory card.

Worst case scenario save near the end of disc one load that save with disc 2 and roll with it.

Byuu here. Kill yourselves.

Squarepusher here. Go fuck yourself.

I think I found it.
In the most weird address as possible.
Every time 000095 get up to 10, 000096 get an +1.
Then I saw shit was like the date but in backwards.
Except the last, or first two digits, the "19" of "1995".
There is just an 1 instead.

Fucking layers.
I keep forgetting to merge it.

Also that's what happens when you close your bizhawk and reopen it, loading the save file.
Do not even try to use save states.
Bug as hell and crashes a lot.

I tried to inject another values like 7 on the 5 of 1995 via cheat code.
It failed.
It becomes 07 on hex editor but still saves and show 05, 1995 instead of 1997.
Looks like the only way to solve it is pray to Bizhawk someday get an option to manipulate S-RTC, making the game believe we are in between 1995 to 2014.
Also not making it obligatory associated with window's real time clock.

Fiora here. Die CIS SCUM

Staplebutter here. My involuntary psych hold is up, so expect some more UI changes in 6 to 8 weeks.

Weird, I'm adding the second disc but it's automatically changing the index and closing the tray, and it's still not working. God dammit.

I've been downloading a couple of versions of Demons Souls to play on RPCS3. After hours of download and failing to boot i just read the PSN isn't working atm OMFG. I've been downloading a couple of ISOS but none of them would load. I even have my original fucking legally bough copy of the PSN store.

Help, what version did you use that could load?

Childhood memories.

Someone help this poor man out of his misery!

Tryna emulate Rusty

Dunno if default settings for neko project II kai core are good. There's all these soundboards.

Fuck it. Snes9x 1.54.1 got it working somehow.
Also the rtc is not fucked up, with dedicated rtc file.
Well, time to play it all over again.

Are you loading the .cue file with the append disc function? I just tested it and it works fine.
You must be 18+ to post here.

That blurry mess looks awful, use a nice shader user.

But my childhood memories are a blurry mess.

I'm just starting to learn how to code but I feel that I want to become an emudev. What should I know and how do I start an emulator?

First you must question your gender identity.

Not all blurs are created equally. I'm sure you could play around with it and find something that you enjoy more.

Start with editing readmes

Theres a miner on that site

>Then I saw shit was like the date but in backwards.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness

Steal secret console documents, otherwsie youre not gonna make it

>the only dev who actually does reverse engineering is a 40 year old german hippie who lives on the poverty line, makes closed source emulators and begs everyone who can't run fast enough for money

Working on recreating this meme with fitlers.

Doesn't hold up under ultra-zoomed in scrutiny, but I think from normal viewing distances I'm getting reasonably close.

That picture has been created with shaders.
Why would you try to recreate it?

It's originally from this.

What about this?

What CRT is that from?

Just some mediocre CRT monitor.

meant to reply to

What filters will make the game look like its being played on one of those Sonys giant rear projection TVs?

>RPCS3
The Demons Souls of emulation

Vaseline.

My friend had one of those in the mid 90s, and while it was fucking HUGE, it looked like washed out blurry dogshit unless all of the lights were off, and then it just looked like blurry dogshit.

Why do people shit on Retroarch, when it's one of the few projects that still gets regular updates and improvements?

Dolphin, PPSSPP, mGBA, Mesen, all this shit is lucky if it gets one commit a week at this point. One meaningful commit a month, If we're being generous.

Why should I use retroarch instead of a few dozen individual emulators that do everything RA does but better?

>regular updates and improvements
Like spending dev time getting it running on nearly 20 year old consoles and actively harming the accuracy of cores to try and get them running on shitty phones and pi zeros. Oh boy I sure do love me those regular updates and improvements!

Works fine for me. Maybe you're retarded?

@192587832
Foolish for thinking a post defending Retroarch wasnt bait in the first place

I work on a peripheral project which augments ra, and ra is good for netplay and shaders...maybe av sync...but that's about it. anything past the 16bit era should be avoided in ra.

Cores losing accuracy so that they can be ran on really trashy devices "works for you"? Are you retarded? What are you even trying to say?

If Retroarch is such shit, what does that make the other projects that can't even measure up to it?

Fuck everyone ITT. Literally the worst general on Veeky Forums

Emulation itself is shit, and it's entirely the fault of devs and the community.

Vulcan renderer for MAME. Why or why not.

Vulkan is a meme

MAME is a hideous Frankenstein's monster.

MAME is beautiful, you take that back.

It's just another go nowhere legacy project that the devs have sunk too much time into to just let die.

Just wait another 5 years and maybe we'll get a real arcade emulator.

just like I remember

So when is Parallel getting an update?

It's quite behind Mupen64

SP said he's burned out and doesn't care about it anymore because he wasn't getting the appreciation he felt he deserved.

I hope he gets shot in the spine.

Lum is such a slut.

Final Fantasy Tactics, with update patches, on the n3ds somehow...

Gaming is more than simply playing the game. It's an experience that emulation can never replicate.

Pretty glad it doesn't. Failing contacts and deleted save games are an experience I don't need to be replicated.

I agree. Emucucks will never get the True Experience of blowing into a cartridge, wiping off a smudged disk with their shirt, or flipping through the manual and smelling that old paper scent. Also if you're playing a game on anything other than the original controller, you might as well just jump off a bridge because the games were made for those controllers and nothing else comes close.

Or coming home from school and playing Xbox. But only for 30 minutes, then your brother gets a turn.

That's a shame, i was looking forward to those super vi filters

I'm sure he'll eventually stop being a bitch and get motivated enough to work on it again.

The crushing experience of getting an Xbox instead of a PS2 because your shitty little brother thought Halo was the best shit ever will also forever be lost.

Eat shit. Halo 1 and 2, Destroy all Humans 1 and 2, Stubbs the Zombie, Morrowind, Timesplitters 2 and 3, Burnout Takedown, Black, Battle for Bikini Bottom.

Those are just the games I had. There's tons more good ones.

If the Xbox is so great, why is there no good emulator for it?

Check mate, atheist.