>grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/eVLJ3gPN
grimtools.com/calc/lNkB3eDZ
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/37/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP you need to type the board if you are cross board linking, like this

ded thread

So how is everyone enjoying the game? What builds are you up to?

>Inb4 we got 24 replies 2 images and archived or something like last time
I am very much enjoying my time. Made a Deathknight and just taking my time through Normal. I am well aware it's not gonna be as good in higher difficulties, but I don't much care, cause I'm having fun.

When and where is the best place to farm gear?
Doing the challenge dungeons?

Purifier
Currently in Smuggler's Pass, thinking about going through the steps of torment but I'm scared I might not be strong enough

Started Warder. Probably gonna quit around `~40 like usual and re-roll. Already found some summo item.

Chaos Ignaffar Deceiver, the damage is really good but I have to tank shit so we'll see how it goes past normal.

What class goes with Soldier to make a shield build?

I want to run through mobs and watch the fireworks.

how is this build ?grimtools.com/calc/eVLJ3gPN
should i switch to aether fire with devastation, aether ray, rune of kalastor? i ask this because pain is starting to take more time to kill enemies, but i also got some new gear that buffed it's damage. Also how good are the 2 rune skill in inquisitor?

Demo has some retaliation stuff, but arcanist or occulistist work too
Soldier is pretty versatile you could probably combine it with most other classes

Get the anvil devotion

>Converted to Health
About this stat, does it work like other conversions wherein it is quite literally converting a portion of your AD to Health for you and thus, it reduces your damage or what?

Since I don't think I'll have time to grind for legendaries in the near future I'm planning some builds around Monster Infrequents instead. They really spiced up some of the MIs with the expansion. Does anybody know any broken combo?

>Rift Scourge dagger
>100% piercing damage converted to acid to Shadow Strike
IIRC before the expansion a perfectly rolled Rift Scourge is already the best weapon for an acid based Nightblade. Don't know why they even added this, sounds broken or is it? There is even a new constellation for acid/cold hybrid nightblade so this looks really bonker.

>Servitor's Corruptor
>55 Chaos Damage to Cadence
>100% Physical Damage converted to Chaos Damage to Cadence
Sounds really good, the weapon comes out of the box with +2 cadence too. Pretty much built for a dual wielding Witchblade.

Also I'm considering making a poison Cabalist that throws Dreeg's eye and use the Blight Fiend's skills (the Fiend's skills are likely the only good minion skills in the entire game, outside of auras). Viable?

Challenger crucible if you have it (Gladiator takes so much more time it's not even worth it even if you can do it). Or Ultimate Udenbog/Malmouth, they're really dense with bosses.

who is this girl

I think it just means you are healed for part of your damage, as far as I'm comprehending it it doesn't reduce the damage

But I haven't tried yet so I might be wrong

Attack damage converted to health = life steal from other games. Only works from weapon damage. Example:

Your default weapon attack deals 50 physical damage and 50 fire damage

Callidor's Tempest deals 40% of your weapon damage and 100 aether 100 fire

Only 40% of your weapon damage (40) is taken into consideration. If you have 10% attack damage converted to health, you heal for 4 point per target hit by the Temptest.

>can't stop making new characters
>played Act I way too many times now
>decide to switch it up by rotating camera 90 degrees

Find yourself a hoarfrost ointment for the SoT boss, nigger freezes you.

I put some more work into this Rune of Hagarrad/Amarastas Blade Burst/Autoattack build. Im still undecided on the gear choices, especially the shield, but I really needed to grab pierce resistance from something. Do you guys see any glaring mistakes?

grimtools.com/calc/lNkB3eDZ

>you heal for 4 point
Would it not include the added damage from Callidor's Tempest in the calculation?

Yeah I went through the Steps with another character before, I remember the boss being a cunt
Thanks for the tip I'll get the potion

With this guy I'll need to level a bit though, I'm having trouble murdering the guy who guards the entrance

Nope, weapon damage only. This means pure spells (no weapon damage) can't heal you. It also means Callidor's tempest sucks dicks at life stealing when you're down to a single target. Well, it just sucks in general.

I see. That seems like a really silly decision to me. Nonetheless, thank you. At one point, I thought it was lifesteal/leech like in other games and at another I thought it worked with their other conversion shit, since it has converted in it.

+1 ring of steel and its modifier for a point blank freeze

Why not max Inquisitor Seal? I'd take points from Ranged Expertise - it's critical if you're purely attacking but since you're mixing with spells it doesn't mean much.

I'd take Aura of Censure over Aura of Conviction too since it reduces cold res.

No comment on devotion, I suppose it's tough taking everything when you're balancing between spells and attacks.

Should I concentrate on phys damage 2h if I'm doing a death knight build?

I want to be the tankiest man on earth, what do i pair up soldier with?

The Cataclysm mod was updated and works with the expansion.

Adds 8 new classes, trying it out now.
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/37/?

Inquisitor for the le balanced Seal.

I'm leveling the same build but I don't see the point in going with shield, you're more of a kiting build so you don't get hit in the first place.
So my plan is to either dual wield those bad boys or use the Northen Wyrm like my old Spellbreaker build, or altern between both to use the Northern Wyrm skill on cooldown though I'm not even sure that be optimal unless there's a cool proc attached to it.

Maybe arcanist for -20% damage bubble and three second invincibility.

Are the new classes worth it?

The shield was literally just for pierce resistance, I was dual wielding the pistol until I realized how god awful that resist was going to be with what appears to be ideal gear, thats also why the poison boots are in there.

Thanks user, I didnt max Inquisitor Seal because I was unsure of how practical it would be to use. I was taking Conviction over Censure because Censure depends on you being rather close to enemies to make use of the resist reduction, 7.2 meters is really not that large.

Who wants to talk about lore?

Looks like your fire and cold damage are too low to warrant all those points shoved into word of pain, might as well use them on TSS and shattered star but you'd lose AoE damage. Maybe max out star pact and use Olexra and absolute zero.
I'd put one point into rune of hagarrad and a few more into biting cold to debuff enemy DA, and you should pump up your defensive ability, pick wolverine and eel constellations. Also there are 28 devotion shrines in normal/veteran first 4 acts alone, the fuck are you doing with 26 points?

What do you want to talk about? I think they closed all plot points so far didn't they? Perhaps except for the disappearance of the gods.

Still a lot going on like Korvaak leading Kymon's Chosen, Uroboruuk still missing and chasing after who knows what, Ulgrim being secretive about his Ascendant status, the Three doing whatever, who knows what other Gods coming down to play with mortals, etc., etc.

Don't worry about the resistances too much, you can craft/find/buy boots with a shit ton of resists, same with MI shoulders from Nemeses.
Plus you're not even using that component slots on your legs, could use it for resists or puut a scaled hide in it, which is worth more effective HP than mutated scale most of the time.

tl:dr there are better ways to cap out resists than sabotaging your dps with a shield on a ranged build

Did they calrify what Mogdrogen plans consist of?

this user

The real issue with chaos cadence is, same with discord, yeah, you can convert all your damage to chaos, but should you really? Physical is pretty much the best damage type already.

I'm looking at them now, they are seem really interesting and allow for some cool builds.

Nothing seems overpowered, worth downloading and taking a look to see what you think.

Who's the best deity and why is it Dreeg?

ye boi

>pick necromancer
>dump every skill point into skellies
>uninstall because game is 2ez

On the contrary, all the plot points are still unresolved, especially the one about the emperor's son being alive somewhere. And if the elurans emperor had an ascendand as a servant, you can bet his bloodline has to be somewhat special too.

Nah, the only mention so far that I've found is Creed ruminating on rumors of Mog, and of other Gods potentially making appearances.

With all the different types of Ascendants, I really wonder what reigns in the 'God' hierarchy.

Where did the Witch Gods get their power?

Discord is a bad comparison however since the game originally didn't have a lot of support for elemental damage. So instead of maintaining 1 damage type now you're maintaining 3.

The main advantage of dealing chaos damage is that it's hard to stack physical damage. Solael's Witchflame gives this aplenty especially if you can find items that boost its level.

I suppose there's not much else going for it. Chaos is a really sad damage type as a whole. Aether and Elemental kind of got a boost after the expansion but so far Chaos still seems to get the short end of the stick.

Wait, is the baby of the woman imprisoned by Aldrich the emperor's son? I don't recall much of the dialog

They were occultists who studied Eldritch Realm, and in the end they found a way to tap into its power, but the revelation changed them forever (Dreeg grew 1000000 eyes etc.). Nobody knows how exactly, and the gods themselves sure won't tell anyone.

Randomly shitting these things out isn't worth it over an extra skeleton, right?

Building a Tactician. What is the best devotion for piercing and fire damages?

Not him but are the randoms they kill others who get close to their power, as a way to keep their power exclusive to themselves?

Oh also, Amatok is fun but I'd totally go the Murmur+Whirlpool route instead.

Eh, you can get to 1500% physical damage fairly easily. Not as good as some other damage types that break 2000% easily, but its a ok tradeoff considering its unique status. Another problem with the build as I see it would having to max out the occultist skill tree, making you even more point starved. And you would probably miss out on all that +skill soldier gear because thats all mostly physical support. I admit it would be pretty cool though.

Maybe. Considering the whole Temple of Three storyline, they got pretty spooked when Chton decided to return, which shows that they're well aware of their own mortality. They still give their servants power and knowledge though, so it's not like they're "bad guys".

When ulgrim killed the emperor, the latter asked him to hide his son somewhere safe. Ulgrim referenced it too in the xpac, so its pretty obvious they are planning to go somewhere with it, if the game does well enough. Oblivion anyone?

thanks, i didn't search for all the shrine but i was going to get the remainig point once i had honored in rover. i'll try to get those devotions, is it worth to go for blind sage?

I think everyone is spooked of Ch'thon. The Three definitely have a very hands-off approach though. They are still so seemingly secretive, even to a direct subordinate.

Those pet bonuses on the blue weapon are pretty sweet

Blue weapon is broken, use it.

Well, they are pretty fucking assholish though. Turning people into stone and requiring human sacrifices too, if I recall. I guess the bar for "not being the bad guys" is pretty low on cairn though. At least they dont want to wipe out the entire plane of existence.

I want a doujin about the necromancer girl from the loading screen getting captured by Kymon's Chosen, who explain the error of necromancer ways to her, take away her goth poetry book, wipe that crap off her face and give her a proper frilly ladylike dress.
During the course of her stay at the order she falls in love with the dashing and muscular warrior who captured her, so unlike wimpy acne covered necromancer nerds she is used to seeing around her.
After learning about her feelings and rejecting her crude advances for some time the warrior realises that she finally changed and proposes to her, they get wed by Father Kymon and live happily ever after, guided to happiness by the light of Empyrion.

They would probably just bash her skull in with a warhammer. Also, im pretty sure shes possessed.

So, what's up with Empyrion? Considering that he has a constellation named after him it's unlikely that he was straight up invented by Kymon to hide Korvaak's true nature. Constellation description implies that he's the sun god, so why should he be any less real than the other gods?

Aside from Ulgrim, are there any other known higher-order forces working for the betterment of Cairn?

Dead God. Kymon chosen are just baited to believe that he's returning and that it's the origin of their power.

So if I was to do a Lightning/Bleed Savagery auto attack build what would be a decent sub class for it. I would want to do a S&B I doubt there's any benefit to having a shield if you don't spec devotions for it.

I thought gods couldn't die. Ch'thon should've died, but instead he just floats around in the void, being immortal and all.

Well it's simple, if you want good s&b support, choose soldier.

Ch'thon is the creator god after all. The real deal.

Uroboruuk could count I suppose. He's beyond mortal status. He's MIA working on how the Cthonians are fucking with his skeletons.

True but is there really any benefit to it? I always feel I'll lose out on too much by not picking Kraken.

Cthon is THE old god though. As in, one that created other gods, so maybe they couldn't kill him. Other gods could be in the same situation honestly, considering what Aethereals say.

Well Empyron has not returned if you prefer. Returned from the void maybe I don't know.

Anasteria and that other aetherial guy you can save, i guess. The idea is that the ones that invaded cairn are a pretty extremist faction of the aether, and not everyone up there is an asshole for no reason. I guess mogdrogen is also somewhat worried about the rovers, maybe. And then there is uroboruuk, whos probably ascended as well.

Father Kymon, though he is an idiot, wants to help and is described in game as a formidable fighter.

What's the good stat? +%offensive ability?

Kymon isn't an idiot. He made a dangerous gamble and so far it has paid off a lot - he harnessed a bunch of fanatics capable of fending off the Cthonians.

>not everyone up there is an asshole for no reason
Well, the expansion revealed that emotions of the avatar can influence an Aetherial personality too so humans being humans could be an outlier in Aetherial behavior.
I think Mog is neutral.

>/v/ the musical 5 finally out
>Now crushing skulls to autistic parodies
Feels good, man.

Yes. DA is not to be sniffed at either as pets get wrecked late game.

Does Anasteria have power within the Aetherial hierarchy? I was more speaking of gods but my fault, I should have clarified.

Are we putting Ascendants on the same level as gods? And what gods are we classifying as gods?

Mog has some sort of beggar jesus complex going on. I dont think he would go out of his way to zap aetherials but he would probably try to warn someone if shit were about to go down, like with the whole uroboruuk deal.

So I just got the game and expansion.
Any beginner tips and common pitfalls to avoid? Also how careful do I have to be with my character abilities? Between everything goes and artistically care about 1% difference where does the game fall?

>come up with infiltrator cold damage build
>its on the forums already

i just want to be special

I think Mog is a cocky Ascendant.

Any must have components for an Electrocution builld?

Anasteria seems to have approximately the same ranking as Marcell and Aldrich, they were vital in the invasion of Cairne. They still answer to some other Aetherials however.

I think "God" is a vague term in Cairne. There's Old God (Cthon), younger gods (worshipped by Arkovians) and witch gods (humans made into deity status through Eldritch knowledge).

I don't think it's really clear where the Ascendants are on the power level ranking. Ulgrim is clearly not mortal in terms of life expectancy and he can 1v1 Loghorrean easily. He doesn't show any special powers aside from Nightblade skills however.

Ignaffar cold build?
It's one of the first things that come to mind if you check the item database.

>first time playing
>spent 15 hours going through act 1 and most of act 2 as a summoner
>get idea for a new build
>reroll
>30 hours spent now as a firestriker
>suddenly get the itch to play as a scythe-wielding type of /edgy/ build
>try to resist the urge to reroll

I WANT TO SEE AT LEAST THE END OF NORMAL GODDAMNIT

Okay. Honestly, lore is released so slowly that it is difficult to remember everything. What made her defect?

Possible to have Tempest, Ultros and Blind Sage?

>tfw your cabalist annihilates everything in the flesh works

arcanist babys need not apply

She grew to respect humans a bit more. She still looks down on bad behaviors however (like how she complains about humanity's penchant for violence when you don't listen to her story about Beronath) but it's still miles ahead of the way other Aetherials consider humanity to be cattle.

When aetherials haunts humans they get influenced by some of their traits. So especially pious humans can make them undestand they are acting like complete dicks, while especially wicked hosts (like krieg) just makes them even more angry and cruel. In the case of the guy in fleshworks, he just infested a really good person, while in anasterias case its possible the witchs willpower is somewhat influencing her as well, or some shit like that.

what's funner, cabalist or ritualist?

Who is your favorite god-like entity?

Respec is easy as shit, so just go nuts and clean it up later if it's too shit. You may have ot grind Aether Crystals for a while if you fuck up your Devotions, but it's still not that bad.