/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #135

Manlet edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>Duelist Kingdom is live now.
>GX world is live now. Get your game on!
>Bonz is currently roaming duel world till the 20th, his drops suck it big time.
>Pegasus and Paradox Brothers will be permanently added to the gate in November. They will also have unlock missions for latefags
>new full box out, it has nothing for Cyber Angels though so it's not the new meta
>new minibox coming next week
>Dr Crowler will be available to unlock in late October

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>when sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it's gives the most XP
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks. Both have fallen off the meta but are still viable up to plat
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph
>Level up Alexis for a free Spell Shield Type 8

if you can't tell the difference between these two things, you're definitely an idiot.

I want to FUCK titty monster

fuck you

this game needs sideboard

like, not even necessarily matches with side decking in between them, just let us pre-side before game 1 after seeing who the duelist is.

>side board

?

Got no help last thread. Should I use this version of zombros,

add 1 despair from the dark

Or this one? Edits or suggestions for either?

assuming you're not just being a cunt about semantics, it's another term for side deck

Ghostricks are really cute~!

why not just make this a rez deck? it's basically right there. drop il blud + goblin for bacon saver, samurai skull, and wyvern.

>no cute girl LD who loves cute ghosts to play a Ghostrick deck

One of the biggest changes concerning Duke from the manga to the anime is that here, he's performing this plot under command of his father. In the anime, he was doing it because he believes Yugi put Pegasus into a coma, and thus ruined his chances of Dungeon Dice Monsters making it big.
I thought I was posting this here instead of the soon to be dead-thread.
Anyway Duke Devlin.

>despair from the dark

He's a thing? What set?

I'll try it. Blud just seemed solid with Call of The Mummy.

It's a SR Chazz drop.

>early thread
kys retard

>translate the dialogue
>except any and all exclamations
>and random nouns you don't feel like translating
Fucking weeaboos, I swear.

Huh, so the gang is only in their Second Year right now. I actually haven't read Millennium World myself, so I wonder if they'll be in their third years by the time it comes around.

Burning Abyss when?

fuck off back to dueling book that shit was the worst thing to happen to the era it came from

Just a reminder that they don't know Keith actually died.

nope
millenium world happens right immediately after battle city
the whole yugioh story spans in roughly 1 year, one year and a half tops and that's because of the time Kaiba took to recover from getting MIND CRUSHED by Yami Yugi at D tower

Well they're coming back mother fucker

oh fucking fuck this shit
I'm done with this awful game

Good to know.

So, if I'm KOG now does it mean I'm losing a ton of gems from round 1 of the KCC?

god this is so much better than the shitty booster draft game that it's not even funny

what the fuck was wrong with the producers of the anime

I never heard the term side board before. Side deck is a deck that lets you swap cards with main deck immediately before a duel? Forbidden memories had something like that

>make bet on utterly ridiculous claim
>make insane wager
>"Haha, there's no way I can lose! I'm in!"
Jesus Christ. Joey has absolutely no warning bells going off in his brain when it comes to making terrible gambling decisions.

They probably thought simple dice games wouldn't be enough to keep things interesting to kids.

He gets it from his father. Gambling is in his blood, good and bad.

>KEEP MAKING CARD GAMES *CRACKS WHIP*
Can you imagine the pressure Kaz had back then?

This reads like yaoi.

fuck the kids, the manga is the embodiment what yugioh is really about. even that retarded "season 0" people jack off to like it's good is a pale, soulless adaptation. that shit's even worse than the main series.

just wait till y'all see the manga's equivalent of the stupid "possessed bandit keith" duel

>look, Yugi, I may be a retard
>but I ain't no RETARD, okay?
>there's just no POSSIBLE way he could trick me again!
>DOUBLE OR NOTHIN'

Joey really doesn't fucking know when to quit.

That die must have really fucking stung

>I summon Petite Cyber Angel in attack position!
>mfw I Forbidden Chalice it

I mentioned this before, but one of the things I dislike about the anime is how much of a chump they make Joey to be. In the anime, they let Joey get into the dog costume before Yami challenges Duke.

So Yami just beat Duke's ass in a fair game of 4 Aces after figuring out Duke's trick. Also, much like how Duel Monsters was originally called Magic and Wizards, Dungeon Dice Monsters was originally know as Dragon, Dice, and Dungeons.

What was the trick? You can't just skip over that and leave us hanging.

Alright, here. I just don't want to make a habit of posting almost entire chapters like I did for the Duelist Kingdom finale.

And this is how Yami overcomes Duke.

there's nothing wrong with storytimes. it's a better use of the image limit than some of the other nonsense that gets posted here.

That is a good ass question

Side deck is what it is actually called in Yu-Gi-Oh, yes. But no, that feature was not in Forbidden Memories

I suppose so, I'd just rather not over-stay the welcome when it comes to these things.

Apparently they are socute

god the people in charge of tcg naming need to be fired and/or executed

So, if I heard correctly, Darkside of Dimensions is a movie sequel to the manga, not the anime, right? I wonder because Duke's father was not present at all in the anime, but he's in the movie clown costume and all. Also, it has a much heavier focus on Shadi too, who was much less important in the anime than in the manga.

dsod is still the anime continuity, as far as i can tell. duke's father showing up in the movie was just for the sake of a cameo.

Hmm, alright. I'll probably do some more looking into that on my own later on.

It's kind of weird to think of Duke as an abused child, even if that's exactly what he is.

So the stuff I actually skipped this time isn't all that important. Basically Duke's Dad shoves some D.D.D packs into Yugi's pants, some guards take Yugi to the backroom because he was "stealing" them, and Duke's Dad takes this as a chance to confiscate his Millennium Puzzle and throw him into the "holding cell" with Duke here.

Socuteboss is a pretty good pun on succubus, I dunno what nonsensical untranslatable Japanese pun it is in the weeb version though.

I'm pretty sure the dice game happened in the anime

>getting a carbo crabo + supervise t1 against cyber angels
>double destruction dioxogre t3
the crabo is a god

サキュバス is literally just the fucking word succubus written phonetically

it's a pointless tcgism and it represents their stupidity in its rawest form

>this kind of friendship is too weird
Yugi not everything is friend, he is just being an ass

I wonder if this inspired the Deck Masters from Duelist of the Roses in any way.

>tfw no Dungeon Dice Monsters Links
If Pokemon can bank off of a digital version of their shitty Figure game, you can too Komoney!!!

Yugi only knows friendships.

I like how so many of these little games involve monsters in some way or form. It shows off a bit of Kazuki's childish side not only for his love of games, but his enjoyment of great beasts and creatures.

>those tears
Poor grandpa

>implying it's bad
Yugioh loves having pun names. Some Japanese puns don't translate to English

D.D.D seems like something of a natural evolution to Capsule Monsters imo. I wonder if Duke was inspired(stole?) from them at all in-universe.

Plus I'm pretty sure he loves designing monsters in general.

Okay, now I really think Duelist of the Roses is just a mish-mash of Dungeon Dice Monsters and regular Duel Monsters.

Oh totally, a lot of the best Duel Monsters artwork imo are for the more otherworldly and horrible monster designs.

Ah God, I hope this isn't the norm for the rest of the arc.

>Magnet Force denies monster effects
>Genex memery is sllightly viable

Won't happen for a while, but one day, my friends, I will cuck the fuck out of some Cyber Angel user and it'll be fucking great.

Are you that user who posted their Genex deck a couple days ago? I've been having a lot of fun with it. I found that using Double Summon for Genex Crusher allows it to get onto the field easily for an Army summon while still searching your deck for an Ultimatium.

Proto Silent Magician?

I didn't know Duke was that lewd.

Which is a better skill for a Silent Magician deck, Restart or Balance?

Restart. You don't want Lvl 8 ever in your hand.

>that result caused him an ugly shape

That's me indeed, I'm glad you're having fun with it user. I thought about Double Summon but I don't have it, good to see that you've been able to tweak it to your liking.

Now I only need a shitty punny name for a would-be Genex themed duelist

Yeah, it's been pretty fun. I'm waiting for the next box to drop before picking it back up again, though. Genex Turbine and Worker seem like they'd be really good, especially if Turbine's ability to special summon a Genex monster counts as a Tribute for Army.

Konami will fear the samurai

>Losing on your rank up to a meme deck

Fans of the DM manga, you need to read this. Trust me on this one - make a NAC account if you must, this is the best chance to get a copy of the DM manga that you'll ever get.

neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=6722

Oh wow, what a coincidence. I should read this thread for context while I'm waiting for the timer to run out to let me post this on /dng/.