/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #18

Autism Awareness edition

Previous Thread: Website: ddlc.moe
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WadSSpy
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=65468219
i.imgur.com/zIvgD4Y.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Yuri!

Monika is best girl!

>Monika starts appearing in other games you play!

helllo guys

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

You think Natsuki lets boys touch her so she could borrow their manga?

tell her to get the fuck out

Have the .rpy files from the newest patch been uploaded anywhere?

No but she does go into sewers to search for dropped coins

You have to show Monika who the real enemy is.

>"user, catch!"

Monika doesn't want to come back!

Finally. A fucking Sayori thread.

discord.gg/WadSSpy

You do realize that nothing's stopping you from making one, right?

Did I miss something, or is this just a silly edit?

i need to prove to someone that sayori is best girl can someone give me a list of every good thing about her

It's a silly edit based on one of the Undertale endings.

no regrets

Blundertale reference.

epic undertale reference

fuck this shit then

Unfortunately she is not even close to being that competent of a programmer, and neither is Dan.

>Monika prepares lunches for all your Xcom operatives heading out for their sorties
>Monika is a librarian sharing arcane lore with you in Darkest Dungeon
>Monika hostess mini-game in yakuza
Comfy as fuck desu

Your appointment with Monika should be finalized within the week

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=65468219

I'll just leave this here.

>Monika waiting for you on the rocks in Majula
MAXIMUM COMFORT

I know right? Its like people can't open their eyes and realize who best girl is.

>Childhood friend, understands you better than anyone.
>Loves you for who you are, despite knowing all your character flaws.
>Fun, bubbly personality, makes you feel better just by being in her presence.
>Gets passionate about things that catch her interest, a real human bean.
>Depressed under her genki persona, gives her actions a whole new layer of depth, and makes you want to give her everything she deserves.
>Never outwardly shows her pain, because she cares about everyone in her club.
>Doesn't delete everything, unlike Monika.
>Just wants to make you happy, doesn't think that she matters.
>Low self-esteem makes you want to hug her more.
>Petite, but not a womanlet, perfect for picking up with a massive hug.
>Perfect for cuddling and hugging. Can just plop down on the couch with her and marathon some movies.
>Cute hair and clothes. Manner of dress is casual and approachable.
>Infectious smile, cherubic laugh.
>Nice legs and shapely breasts.
>Innocent, makes you want to protect her smile even though you can't, which makes her linger in your mind even more than she would otherwise.

whoever did this is really good at mimicking other styles. jesus.

>Monika giving you quests in Monster Hunter
>getting villager requests from Monika

and then she kills herself irregardless of your actions

bummer.

dan is a cunt

>Doki Doki Radio
>Consists of Monika talking about anything under the sun, a la the space classroom, in between her playing the piano live
>Eventually starts addressing player directly as she becomes aware that your're her only listener

would you buy a snack for natsuki?

>then she kills herself irregardless of your actions
i thought this was because monika amplified her depression towards the end of act 1 trying to make Sayori more unlikable?

Is Yuri one of the best yanderes in recent memory?

She just hits all the right notes for me. She's not crazy just for the sake of crazy, her obsessive behavior is shown in a totally relatable light before Monika starts messing with her, she even nails the emphasis on the more carnal elements of the archeype. Once the initial shock wore off, the scene where she turns on the lights and just stares at you while breathing is fucking great.

This isn't even a best girl post, Sayori's depression also cuts fucking deep.

I'd spend ridiculous amounts of money in manga and food just for her

yes, the hidden poem implies that someone messed up her code and then she kills herself. so it was monika

but everyone knows the real person behind monika.

Dan

Yeah I'd share my Ritz crackers with her.

That's the canon reason, but since this is even more meta than that, the real reason is because Dan didn't want to give us any options that would result in a happy outcome. There were so many times you probably wanted the MC to do something, but he just couldn't because there was no option to. I mean really, who didn't foresee her suicidal tendencies? Everyone would have chosen to wake up and immediately head over to Sayori's place, at the very least.

>Monika is a unit in Fire Emblem
I dont know how to feel about this

I've never apologized to a computer before this.

I wanna kick Dan in the peepee

the whole thing is a lot less fun when you boil it all down to Dan, though.

I mean, I agree, I was pretty much shouting at the MC about how much of a dumb cunt he was for not waking up Sayori the following day, but that's part of video games and visual novels in general. You're role-playing as a character, and as much as this game pushes past that and talks to YOU, up until the end of act 1 that's what you are.

>Monika is a FE unit
>She's always treated as having vantage.
>Her attack is just deleting the opposing unit.
>Have her in NuEmblem
>Try to S-Support someone else.
>She fucks with their programming and gets them to kill themselves, then delets them.
>Eventually you're just left with your MU and her.
>She deletes the final boss and traps you in the skinship section of the game.

Monika's the chief retard of the game. She could have done 10,000,000 different things to set herself up as the romantic option, but she didn't. She only had the President title for a few days/weeks, didn't she? If she'd spent more time learning Python instead of how to play piano, maybe we wouldn't have to go through this bullshit.

>Doki Doki Heliborne

Funny enough I saw some glitches in my last game

oh yes, I was yelling at MC in the beginning too

anyway, Monika is straight up weird. She apparently wants MC to spend time with her, but doesn't give the means to it, like, she made other characters downright insane, and killed the most lovable one, and yet you had to see Yuri's sudoku and Natsu-chan's suffering.
weird, that to spend time with MC she had to delete everything but her

what a cunt

Well, Dan is to blame for all. He made Monika a sideline character despite being the popular girl, ponytail, and president trope that many players would have aimed for as their chosen heroine. Hell, I was going to go for Monika when I blindly started playing, so I was disappointed to see that just the other 3 were available in the poem minigame. Though that maybe Monika was going to be the secret route or unlockable true ending. Of course,
things went crazy after the first half.

Oh my god, make this pain go away. I instantly fell for Sayori because I fucking love that cliche of being in love with childhood friend that have always cared and worried so much about you.

You forgot her cute little feets!

I feel ya, mate

fuck, I really believed there was a good end

but there was none. only corruption and suffering

She's just a drawing with a personality simulated by a program.

I can't into pixiv, what is it?

>tfw want to delet her to replay to get the "good" ending but it got dark outside and she's staring at me right now from my other monitor via WE magic

>weird, that to spend time with MC she had to delete everything but her
Because she was never given a route in the first place. She's a support character, a background character to the other 3.

The game tries to set itself up in the beginning of Act 1 as "I just joined this literature club of incredibly cute girls, who will I try to romance?". Every single time in Act 1 when Monika is given screen time, she's asking for more, only to be taken over or interrupted by another character. She was never intended to be one you could love.

Eventually, she realizes this and starts tampering with the game. She says a time or two that she's not very good at tampering with the game, and the easiest thing for her to do(for anyone to do, really) would be to go into the Characters folder and delete someone.

The personality changes are her attempts to tamper with other parts of the game. She mentions all of this stuff during JUST MONIKA. Eventually she realizes the game is so rigged and hard-wired towards the other three girls that she eventually just deletes them in order.

She didn't delete the others because she hated them, she deleted them because she was desperate, and had no other choice.

oh yes, that bugged me a whole bunch, too
monika wants (You) but you can't even make a poem specifically for (Her)

bummer

The gag is that Monika is an undateable background character who the game doesn't consider to be a romance option. Monika tried to find a way to put herself into the narrative and spend time with you, but the other girls and the scenario itself was pretty much hard programmed to force you to spend time with the other girls, which causes Monika to realize the only way to be with you is to tear the entire game apart.

In other words, you actually can blame Dan for this one. She was never given a route.

the kinda good end comes from showing love to all the girls in act 1

God I both envy and pity the people who play this and end up hating Monika.

SUBVERTED ROUTES? IN MY LITERATURE CLUB?

Protec the Natsuki

salty sayorifags on suicide watch

Actually she didn't really delete them either. She has them safely stored elsewhere. Same reason why you deleting Monika from the character folder actually didn't remove her from the game. And why the game could by itself put chr files into the folder.

that makes me even more depressed that I was to start with

th-thanks guys

>lets hang

It happens gradually actually, the game itself never lets her like the one time she gets everyone to leave it just fades to black with her going "not yet, stop!" or when Yuri won't leave you alone and she just skips to writing the poem bit

>Monika replaces Mipha in BotW and gets me killed just so she can resurrect me

Tell me about the screaming Monika can hear when you quit the game.

>Monika is only sentient because she's the president
>Monika fags act like she's special anyways
>Even though whoever is president becomes Sentient

i.imgur.com/zIvgD4Y.jpg

Haven't done it in a long time, but I just had to draw something happy with Sayori so that I can cope with her death and stop seeing her lifeless face when I lie awake in my bed
Whould you like a sweet bun, user?

>2nd run
>Sayori becomes president
>everything is perfect
>fucking Monika

that was the moment I knew Dan was a hack

CUTE

Yes I would sayori.

Have you ever had those dreams where you die and are in a void where the only thing you feel is nothing but inexplicable pain and flashes of different scary things happening, where you're constantly dying? Well that's what it's like. If you haven't experienced that before than congrats I'm jelly. The mere memories of it are painful to have.

Is the good ending canon?

What the hell is a sweet bun?

>Sayori becomes president
>Suddenly the constant fighting between Yuri and Natsuki stops
>Yuri agrees to read manga while Natsuki agrees to read a light novel
Monika was a mistake

I think it's pastry

I am very jealous that these people do this for Monika and not Yuri.
At least we have null writing intense stuff for Yuri

And by painful I mean physically. My body has a painful reaction just to thinking about what happened (in the dream).

As is every other girl posted here.

Monika a shit

>Monika playing TF2

What class would everyone main?

The only problem here is that she looks like every character Hews has ever drawn and not like Monika.

The only bad dreams I used to get are punching someone with no result and falling off a building, both of which imply powerlessness and both of which stopped after I got Veeky Forums. I think you need to see someone about it, user-kun.

Oh I guess its an Asian thing.

Sayori reprogrammed them to get along

Best girl indeed

oh how evil of her, helping her friends get along.

Yup hit all the right yandere notes and instantly fell in love with her

Cute!
Hope to see more cute Sayoris in the future. There is not enough cute art of her in this world.

I only get dreams where my dad yells at me for being on my phone all the time . _.

It's a jelly donut.

>Monika reprograms people
>They go nuts.
>Sayori reprograms people
>They become more accepting people
hmmm?

I'm not into yandere/bloodplay and even then i liked her a lot. She gained me on act 1 when she goes all alpha on Monica all of sudden( pic related ). Wasn't expecting that.

>Once the initial shock wore off, the scene where she turns on the lights and just stares at you while breathing is fucking great.
I don't remember this for some reason. Is it 'cause I was trying to write Natsuki poems in the second half?

>It's a jelly donut.
Thanks Brock.