/fhg/ - For Honor General

Poorly Drawn And Smug Centurion Head Edition

ETIAM! >Season 3 Info:
pastebin.com/wENXbKNh

For Honor v1.14.1 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393-16/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3lGKx2ePtrg
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
youtube.com/watch?v=GH0Ghg0N1xY
youtube.com/watch?v=AwMJjclgktE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good OP
Also fuck my connection. Just got red Nat.

Ability to host matchmaking-enabled games WHEN?

>have a ton of experience
>not good enough to duel confidently
>tourney ornaments are RNG
>have to flawlessly win games

What ornament is so important to you?

How do Tournies work?
Might not mind losing a few if I get dyes n shit out of it.

The ridiculous Law plume. I'd feel more complete with it since its the only end game feeling reward.

Ubi doesn't want to reward my autism.

1st-nets the ornament of a random hero. Unlocked or not
2nd- earns you color for a any hero. Choices I've seen are vaporwave(pinkish blue) bounty hunter(boba feet colors) and winter king(purple and pure white)
3rd-nets you patterns respective of the faction(still random)

>tfw want t play tourney but never find a match

Ah, so you have to place to get something?

You randomly get a reward based on how well you did. You can't choose which hero it is for. To get all the dyes, you'd need to come second in 42 or more tournaments.

Yes in the actual tourney. However any thing below 3rd place is still the 3rd place reward but only 1. Getting 3rd place nets 3 to 2 awards out of the 3rd place rewards

>flicker gets fixed
>ninja gets buffed
>suddenly no roaches in sight but 500% increase in Shinobi

Samurai might have some of the lowest tier heroes, outside of exploits like Nobushi unlock tech or Goki rush spam right at launch, but fuck do we have some of the most blatant low skill bandwagoners.

>DC
>Sentinel
>premade
>Sentinel
>DC
>sentinel
>premade
>DC
>DC

Its interesting that samurai have never had a top tier hero and all viability has been due to bug abuse

Roaches aren't human. Both terms are true user, I'd imagine actual roaches gain enough intelligence to sit up right and play forhonor. But like a good roach, they don't die, just move on and evolve to be a ninja roach

I predicted this would happen when Flicker was nerfed in these threads, and quite few people told me I was retarded because "Shinobi and Orochi play nothing alike" and other excuses. Then it happened, and I was right, and all the "hardcore Orochi mains" on my server swapped over to Shinobi.

Your average Orochi main was/is a delusional fucking moron who didn't realise that they only ever succeeded because alternating between the strongest attack by speed/damage ratio in the game and a bugged attack that looks exactly like that attack for a part of its duration until it hits is incredibly powerful. If they did realise it, they were often in massive denial and desperately wanted to believe it was their xXMLGxSKILLXx that got them wins, and not an easily exploited bug.

I fucking hate Orochi mains.

Forgot my pick related

Kensei- unlocked or never bother for tourney
Shugmiester- youtu.be/3lGKx2ePtrg
>esports ready
Orochi- Flicker abuse and nothin else
Nobu- whore of the land, and unlock bullshit. Fuck her and her "MLG/duel only, pre-made tourney player" mains
Shinobi- genuine OP but ok hero. Nerfed rightfully like shug. Has no unlock moves, yet still remains fun like shug(for me, so whatever)
Ronin-?????
Only one left

Shug was top tier without bugs. I mean he had that 180 charge bug and it helped but he was top tier even without it.

>spend 2 weeks intentionally losing tournament after tournament spending hours waiting for matches
>finally get ranked as Bronze 1
>get in another tournament the second I rank
>perfect every single person 3-0 and finish the tournament without a single loss as shugo

Is this really allowed?

>tournament finals are two shugoki running in circles
Please, I wanted to forget.

Yes. Why didn't you do this before to slow poke. Be sure to get Glad and Highlander's ornaments once your done with the pre-season 3 heros

The whole tournament system is fucking godawful. I would have made it based on a store you purchase stuff from using tournament points instead of this shit, with tiers of rewards being locked behind certain ranks.

>Bronze: some patterns, some symbols
>Silver: all patterns, all symbols
>Gold: all colours, all patterns, all symbols
>Platinum: ornaments
>Diamond: maybe a special material?

I say this as someone in Gold.

>tfw diamond
I better get some reward whenever shit resets

Not that I deserve it since my placements put me in diamond

Oh so you Do still get something?

>Get placed in Gold
>Australian community is so fucking small that the only people who play ranked are all in Diamond or higher
>Haven't found a game in fucking forever

Auslife is fucking miserable.

Yeah, but it's a random pattern or symbol.

Why would a shield be shaped asymmetrically like this?

>weapon hand is on the inside
More like why would it ever be symmetrical

I dunno, why WERE most historical shields symmetrical?

Probably balance and area coverage. Also, ease of construction.

>jobber soldiers needed the extra freedom of movement
>teaching everyone how to use specialized equipment

Not a historian but im gonna guess that most people's primary job was to not die before getting to the enemy, which a big slab would do

>Hey fag, take this fucking thing.
>Remember to not die to the first pleb ya see ok?

Can i go one game without a conq on my team?

I don't think he's top tier. He gets bodied just as hard by parries if not harder thanks to his bonus damage, has some of the worst dodges and feints, a bash that only comes from at best a 600ms light eats stamina and has no real followup, and loses armor on even teched GBs.

Sure he can parry wallbang you and heal or if you are a dumb chuckle fuck and trade with him then you will get flattened, but you kinda fucked up by making a parry-able opening move like that. Plenty of heroes in the game can punish you just as hard for that mistake at less risk to themselves and with more options to hurt you aside from sitting there and waiting.

This notion that some Goki players out there are reliably or consistently slapping down every GB attempt with a light+headbutt, trading a heavy for every bash, and parrying everything else is just horse shit. If every Goki player was doing that then nobody would be playing anything else.

Face it he was only top tier because of an exploit, now he's just good for stomping noobs, dying in a gank, or insane CC when ganking.

Replace "fag" with "scrub" and you have Gearbox Software's For Honor.

>was top tier
>was
user please

Sounds hella cash

>Shug was top tier without bugs. I mean he had that 180 charge bug and it helped but he was top tier even without it.

Kinda indicates you think without the charge bug he is still top tier because that's the only changes he's had.

No, the charge also got nerfed to no longer knock down. The knockdown was not a bug. This was just a mechanics nerf, not a bug fix.

As if FH's UI isn't a bloated mess that blinds you half the time already.

shug isn't top tier, he's high tier(in duels)
basically the same tier as cent and raider due to being the best turtles that don't have an opener

Its just because gamers are getting too good at image recognition.
So to make things more challenging make it harder for them to see the what they're doing.

Lord Jesus that is a fucking mess to look at.

It doesn't even capture how badly Battleborn runs, and the constant FUCKING HILARIOUS dialog that never fails to make me wheeze with sheer fucking delight. You know what's really fucking funny, user? What really tickles my funny bone and makes me rock fucking hard with laughter while I shit myself to death? Pop culture references and every single NPC talking like an obnoxious Joss Whedon character taken up to the absolute maximum possible level of irritation.

I'll admit you got me to laugh hard

>he didn't get it
Also Runs on My Machine.

Why does almost every Lawbringer i see have spikes on their shoulders and the saw blade mohawk?

By saw blade, do you mean the Pierced Blade you get for beating the campaign on realistic, or the mohawk of spikes that you can buy? If you mean Pierced Blade, it's because it's one of the few genuinely good ornaments in the game, even if it doesn't accept armour material for whatever fucked up reason. The spiky shoulders is because most people are tasteless faggots who think spikes = cool.

Who has the most annoying voice in battle born?

That one character voiced by Ashly fucking Burch. The whole Burch clan really needs to be abolished from this world, they have provided NOTHING of worth to anyone. Ashly seems to ruin everything she touches.

>it's a player plays only pk and is rep 20 but still gets nuked episode
I love this episode

Yeah it's either her, Orendi, (think Tiny Tina with more screaming) or Alani, the valley girl faux-buddhist yoga-meme fish girl.
Didn't help that Alani was op as shit on release.

>I stopped at a minute and thirty five seconds. (Voice video
I can't anymore

How do i deal damage with law without having to rely on GB? Also parrying lights isn't a thing for most players on console.

Top lights. That's all you have without parries.

It most certainly is if you fix your dead zone level. Allowing for more better reaction speeds on blocking and parrying. Along with knowing animations.
But to answer your question, top light or shove on block or raw side heavy meme

Reminder that this chart is dogshit because it doesn't mention Shove into Heavy as a mixup for people who reliably dodge in reaction to the red indicator from Shove into Light. The Heavy catches the dodge.

lol I got u senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o

at least we got to hear this magic tho
youtube.com/watch?v=GH0Ghg0N1xY

The Burch clan must be purged.

Reminder that playing law against good players period is shit because you can always roll backwards from a shove and nothing will ever hit you so your argument itself is pointless

what setting do you guys have for dead zone?

I also have the elite controller which lets me change it a bit but i wonder if combining them is fucking things up.

20 is omg nigger what are you doing tier
Before the latest controller update, I had mine set to 6, but since the update changed it a little I've been runnin 4 or 3.
Also helps that I'm a autist on Xbox who's played a ton and know animations of heros including DLC. Sure PK lights are trouble but unironically the update to fix sped attacks works on my machine. So I can reliably block all of them

Is the game good and alive on the bone user? I've heard if you don't play on PC at 60 fps, you'll never find a match and if you do the gameplay sucks

>fight a meme stack of smiley faces in dominion
>win
Fuck you reddit

If you own a PC? Just get it gifted to you or get on a sale. Not to much money from a uplay sale. I own both like a loser so just get it. On bone it's pretty alive as most bone games go, dedicated assholes and duel only just like PC. It's fun when it works(no disconnects)

Fuck, almost. At least the berserker seemed impressed.

I don't think i've won a single game today somehow.

I don't get whats going on. Everyone is running in bunches and then i get games where we are down one or two players but their spot doesn't ever fill.

>can't find the last survivor Kensei Bot
>check spawn
>AFK Gladiator who isn't on the enemy player list at all

???

I ask because all I own a bone and a laptop with a gt 754m, I tend to relocate a bit, so if I get it it has to be on the bone

Yeah I joined a game as shino. But it stil had the warden bot listed on the screen and breaking moment. We lost sure but my name never changed from the bots, weird indeed

Aw shucks, would be nice on a fully functional Pc(have one now and it looks smooth, but I'm rep 2 compared to rep 65 on Xbox.) probably should wait until season 4 if they have another sale

I wish user, I'm about to settle down for the last time I think, so maybe I'll make the plunge and buy a good PC, it's been a dream of mine ever since I left my parents house

Thanks for the info

No problem

How does one land a hit on zerk as law?

I can't parry mid combo and they just sit there and wait for me to make a move.

well I know you said you can't parry mid combo but, parring the light that 90% of zerks throw after a side heavy during there combo is the best way.

since you're law you can also just shove on block into gb or side heavy if they keep dashing the light.

How do you know which attack is the light on a zerk?

>does not confirm anything besides GB or light riposte
You mean GB->sideheavy->light->toplight->heavy?

Does it CONFIRM?
No.

Reminder that the >brozerker meme remains grounded in fact.

>already failed first attempt
I guess I won't be playing any tournament afterall.

I think playing PVAI is royally fucking up my 'skill' rating.

>elim
>honorfag trying to honorfag
>I go in and start annoying his enemy with feints
>teammate stops and says "wow"
>I stop
>they start fighting again
>I do it again
>teammate gets killed
>I kill the enemy
>immediately get a message from teammate "wtf man"

jesus I'm not even allowed to feint without disgracing your fucking honor

>Never intentionally threw tournaments
>Get ranked Plat 3
>Still manage to win every single ornament
I'm finally free of that gay ass mode

So is tourny mode just empty at this time of night or what?

Reads "medium" activity.

What rank are you? If you're too high you'll spend fucking forever searching

all modes are gonna be pretty dead until s4 starts
enjoy the silence, because when that happens all the streamer fags will come back for a week

Tourney is dead plat and up. God I wish I took the tank all matches to get bronze meme seriously.

>Tfw all it will take is ONE popular streamer to honorfag in Tribute for all the honorfags to start doing it

You can't really honor fag in tribute though. Hell, the only time people honor fag in dom is when the other team is breaking with like one alive.

>Hell, the only time people honor fag in dom is when the other team is breaking with like one alive.
You underestimate autism. I've had a few games of dominion where faggots on my team honorfag the entire fucking game, regardless of whether or not a team is breaking.
And it would be simple for them to honorfag in Tribute if they actually wanted to
>Try running the flag back to my area
>Get stopped by an enemy
>Start fighting him
>Teammate shows up and instead of taking the flag to the drop off point he just emotes and watches the 1v1
Tribute will be ruined as a mode if honorfags decide to do it

Well, I won the first tournament I entered.

But I don't even have roach unlocked.

And I play half the roster, so I actually had a decent chance to get something usable.

Goodnews/badnews I guess.

if they were to honor fag i feel it would be more
>they see you 1v1ing with the flag dropped
>instead of helping you they go fight someone else who's alone.

>browse through the ornaments
>they're all mediocre or worse
Huh.
I might start throwing matches at second-place.
Dyes/symbols beat this crap.

I know it's kind of long but it's worth it for the salt and I wanted to share this with somebody. The salt mine was incredible even after the match
youtube.com/watch?v=AwMJjclgktE

>Implying they wouldn't just wait to 1v1 your guy, or 1v1 the enemy who will show up for the flag

>threw the fatman into the twerp into the spikes
10/10 would not even be mad if I was the twerp

Pretty sure I fought you before, lawfag right?

Unranked.

Got & won Been re-queuing since.
Matchmaking's ded right now.