/wpsg/ - wow private server general

>elyg
Upcoming Servers

Ares - 1x Instant 60 TBC - October 21st
ares-wow.com/

/wpsg/ FAQ:

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have (eg. if you have a TBC client, look for a TBC server)
2. Copy their realmlist URL (eg. set realmlist logon.hellground.pl). This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in the WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - never start the game with launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in like you would on retail, use your account name you registered with.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Discord:
discord.gg/bSXZw39

WE WILL ALL WAIT FOR LIGHTS HOPE ISN'T THAT RIGHT????

le aunt poisoner

yes boys we L I T E R A L L Y B A C K

Yeah we are all playing there

No one is going to be playing on there, the trust is gone, devs are scumbags.

I'm so glad I waited for FreshFreshFreshFresh

When all is said and done, yes. People will forget everything and end up back in elysium/lights hope once they realize how shit the alternatives are and the amount of time rerolling would take.

tauri revival when?

*summoning kain*

/y need two (yous)

anyone else /retail/ now?

thats 4 60s and fucked every time
no more till official legacy

This. I'm fucking done for real this time. I'm not dealing with this again when Lights Hope goes down.

Yeah, I've literally leveled to 60 five times, I'm NOT doing it again

Even though retail sucks, at least I know I won't losing my fucking character that I put so much time into, I'm done with the private server scene, it's too sketchy and always ends in the good servers being shut down

Plus I missed ERPing with NE sluts.

Yeah I already subbed, going to use my boost on a mage I think, it's a shame because I love vanilla WoW but shit like this just doesn't make it worth it.

I remember I had nine level 60s on Emerald Dream private server. And that was a 1x server.

I just really love leveling. Raiding is really not that good, except UBRS of course.

Hey guys. Much like all of you, I'm a little tilted with this whole server drama. We all just want a stable vanilla progression, I get it. So I thought maybe I could share something personal with you and we could all have some time to relax and talk.

This, is a picture of my wall.

no fucking way for me.

Now this is a picture of my wall after I wiped my cum on it almost every day for 6-8 months.

Whitekidney was thick into it too. He just was being shorted on his cut.

I can't quite put my finger on why, but this picture reminds me of Kronos.

rip Elysium

reminds me of the oc meme that got me shadowbanned from /r/elysiumproject

>make character on wrath server in 2014
>log in again today
>still up and running, still works fine, still alive

meanwhile TBCucks and vanillards have gone through half a dozen servers and are left with nothing
lmao

which server?

dalaran
playing there is kind of pointless now because ICC has been released already and they're now slowly rolling out the nerfs. but i had a lot of fun progressing through ulduar back in 2015 and 2016.

i hope they do some kind of reset or launch another progressive server once the current one reaches the end of its lifespan.

You missed Ulduar on GD with us a few months back.

lol I made a character on elysium yesterday

why can't blizz just make a legacy server

Same shit with Kronos 1, I logged on to it today and everything is the same, decent population, no lag, no drama, was nice.

GD revival when.
Probably one of the better servers I played on, especially since we started from scratch and with Naxx.

what is the population really like?

Decent, 1200 people or so, with most of them being on Alliance, it's 100% lag free which is nice, but 1200 people isn't really a whole lot.

Elysium is still the future, you all are fools!

>1200 people isn't really a whole lot.
more than many retail servers had back in the day
but yeah, for vanilla where 40man raids are the only way to go, its probably not super healthy

There are a few bright sides to it

>Towns aren't camped 24/7 by enemy faction
>Little to no competition for mob tagging
>Fuck ton of less trolls/ninjas

Bad things are

>Finding dungeon groups at mid level is hard
>Finding groups for elite quests is a pain
>Only a few guilds raiding at 60
>Horde is pretty dead

Better than nothing I guess, the big thing for me is that there's no lag, you can actually play the game without a 2 second delay between everything.

That
Heartwearming
Anime
Radiating
Innocence

why is nobody on kronos?

imagine thinking rolling on an instant level server is a good stable idea

Idk, but it's the only TBC server available

They know that most people have already leveled to 60 multiple times and no one wants to do it again

Also you can start fresh and be rewarded for it if you really want.

What's < Mandate of Heaven > gonna do now that they can't sit on IF bridge all day?

t. lvl 49

Idk, I just hit 50. Idk what the plan is server wise.

What's this about a guild on excalibur?

tbc takes considerably longer to turn into raidlogging than later expansions and is a much better game at cap than vanilla

idk why we let it die, there was plenty of interest, if we just made new threads it would have been easy to fill 3 or 4 spots.

GD would be fun for wotlk

>0 light with that raid comp
what kind of garbage undertuned server are you playing on lol

reporting for duty

K R O N O S

R

O

N

O

S

Gamer's District - is there a better wotlk private server?

so why did it get shutdown?

>log into gd
>make a human paladin
>see glorious northshire abbey in cinematic
>cinematic ends
>wtf, my character is level 80
>5 human paladins stand in a circle around me
>they all seem to have slavic names
>"welcme", one says
>"we fun here", the second says
>third one hands me several stacks of flasks, 100k gold and several BoE items
>"u rdy now", the guy says after I accept the trade
>my character is auto invited into a raid group and teleported to ICC to a near-full group
>ICC gear that came out of nowhere appears in my inventory and is auto-equipped
you know what, maybe GD isn't so bad

>"we fun here"

So we're doing an Archeage revival yeah? neat.

psst kid let's make an ICC raiding guild on GD

>ICC
Nah we'll go Naxx.

>Naxx
Nah we'll go Hades cataclysm.

>elysium is going to be full of retarded staff infighting
>light's hope will be shady as fuck too
good vanilla server never fucking ever

>Cataclysm
I would but it wholly depends on the server.

Is there any interest in playing Ares? If the upcoming servers are between TBC or Cataclysm..TBC sounds better?

There is, someone said that boys might be rolling on Excalibur though. Waiting for some sort of confirmation.

Psure there is going to be a decent influx on people on ares. Hype train as usual will last around 2 weeks, aka honeymoon phase. From there people will start to test things more core to the server, like scripting and things actually working. If it's like really bad, it will probably get dropped, if not, maybe 1/3 will stay. Cata is a dead meme that not even in decent pop wpsg atlantiss could hype up. At best you'll get the same if not lower numbers as to what ares will be pulling. As for excal , I remember hearing mixed things about it. Perhaps maybe a slight better core than ares, but yet to be seen.

If you're trying to wager which server is the best bet as to time spent, I would say play the hype waves till a more cemented server rises. Till then no server currently is worth their salt.

I don't give a shit, I'll play wherever the folks from /wpsg/ play.

No one will go back to elysium, practically everyone have already left that to work with Light's Hope-

And Lights Hope has corrupt admins as well that will pull something to piss of players again who will freak out over private server drama again

>tfw no finns to roll on ares with to play glorious tbc
fug

ARES IN 4 DAYS BROS

Where are the decent Wotlk servers?

Idk, I would be interested in one though.

What happened to ? I couldn't raid for a while since school started again and my mother wouldn't let me on the pc. Are we dead?

user.. we didnt have much time

>

what server/faction/etc need to get in on this

downloading excal now, let's get salty dogs going bois

Game-District
Dalaran

I'm playing on Warmane's TBC server. It's been pretty fun. Anyone else play it?

>warmane

been playing the 10x or whatever it is wotlk warmeme server

its comfy as fuck but only because im a hunter so dont have to train or spend money on spells, if not for that and also a guild that invited me that immediately hooked up mount money it'd be pretty difficult i imagine

also apparently max level the community is so-so

overall wotlk is so fucking casual compared to vanilla its amazing, not sure i'll keep going to 60

would rather tbc probably desu

Citizens of /wpsg/, your calls have been heard by your Lord. I, Senna, declare GD revival as of today. Next raid will be Wednesday at the regular time. We will pick up where we left off

Level ally on excal

Who?

>pick up where we left off
I played back in the fuck you talking about.

Reminder that Hades is releasing in about a month.

International community, flawless scripting, blizzlike release dates, pre-nerf dungeon heroics.

Get hyped for a good cata server.

I want to feel alive again.

>10 man
ELLLL OH ELLLLL

>flawless scripting,
nah it's shit m8

>Senna shilling his dead guilds
fuck off slav retard.

I did not know abou this but i will try it. I will probably make a blood elf warrior.

Who /Medivh/ here? so comfy

Feel free to join the discord and drop a message on the #atlantiss-twinstar channel. We have a spreadsheet going.

hades lads, time to stop playing fucking vanilla

t. only retard on the server that resorts to shilling it in a vanilla thread

why dont you guys/girls/things just play a game that isnt run by literal (you)s ?

fuck of Senna

says "/wpsg/ - wow private server general"

this isn't a vanilla thread buddy

because they are too bad to play retail at the highest level

retail requires skill to reach the top and Vanilla requires time

>vanilla thread
you guys have your own containment thread, get the fuck out.

>totally weren't shitting up the thread posting about our dead lol10 server
Autism speaks

The cycle of wpsg:
>New vanilla server comes out
>wpsg dies
>Shit goes south on vanilla server
>wpsg magiclly appears again and it's the same 2 people shilling their dead guilds

desu I'm not joining you wpsg retards on ares, or anywhere else, gonna make sure the guild I'm in is ran someone who ran the guilds on Elysium

(you)