/akg/ Ankama Games General

New server in a few hours
Previous thread: Latest news:
>new, totally fresh international server coming out on the 17th for Dofus
>multiboxing and character transfer from other servers will be forbidden on it, causing a lot of veterans to come back and bring in new players with them/abandon the other servers

>Dofus
dofus.com/en
dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/

dofusgo.com/ (Useful in-game info)

dofusplanner.com/ (build planning)
dofusbook.net/ (build planning, fr only)

FAQ, polls and additional information/tips:
pastebin.com/F9sEcyXf (embed)
Class/timezone poll for people who want to join the future guild in the pastebin.

>Wakfu
wakfu.com/en/mmorpg
Official discord: discordapp.com/invite/4bQ4yQf
Apparently there is a /co/ guild but they are inactive for now.
>Krosmaster
krosmaster.com/en
>Krosmaga
krosmaga.com/en
Official discord: discordapp.com/invite/UbFaSAB

>General
/co/'s krosmoz pastebin : pastebin.com/Waq1WzVv (embed)
Booru link in the pastebin.
Tot's blog (Ankama's CEO, in french) : tot-prod.blog/

>/akg/ discord server (no voice)
discord.gg/ZBJjnhv
Joining the discord is NOT required to join the incoming dofus guild, just heavily recommended for obvious reasons; one of which being that the guild cannot be created and joined in-game before guildalogems are made.
Anyone can join, even people who play other Ankama games, it's not just for the guild.
Reminder to keep posting in the general, don't let it die.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/HQA4Mhm
discord.gg/nfmjc56
youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for luu

It's DOA boys.

!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!

!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!

Let's do it guys, let's figure out a way. We can still make this work. All we have to do is to create our own guild and keep track of the actions of the leader. If it is out of line, we know the metaclub is in here and has taken over the guild. Making a new guild will be simple enough once we find out who's in and out of the club.

Friendly fucking reminder to ignore all this "D-discord is shit!" "better join another guidl" garbage since Jim is at it again. Read:

and here is his declaration of autism:

Keep doing your shit, he will impersonate people reactions, talk and quote himself, and on and on. He have a particular way of writing, so you can easily identify him. He will take whatever word you name him and twist it to make it seem like a big conspiracy (his last one is "tinfoil")

And now, it may be this same fucking guy (or some another retard) that is fucking obsessed with "power" and "circlejerk". He will go and on and on about this and ask for a new guild, how the guild is ruined, how X thing ruins the internets, and on and on and on. Real fucking autism, hardcore autism if you wish. You have been warned (and of course I'm now the tinfoil guy/remikid/whoeverthefuckheisblamingondiscord now that I wrote this.)

Now, how the fuck do I know if this is a good thing and not the fucking conspiracy of the century? Play the game, if everyone is nice and friendly, you are on a good place. Boom, end, now have a good time. I don't even play Dofus (I play Wakfu and Krosmaga) but man, this fucking guy.

Duny and sawbones aren't even friends on ss13, what the fucks going on here?

This is a post by Duny. Duny has been found out. His attempts at damage controls should be pointed out as immediately as possible. Laugh the cancer out of the guild. Perhaps that will do the trick.

t. duny.

What rock have you been living under? I want in too. I honestly wish I could be this clueless and not have to worry.

So what time will the server be going up on yhe 17th?

Read this:

----------------

See what I mean? Like a fucking clock.

discord.gg/HQA4Mhm
discord.gg/nfmjc56

Here are the two ss13 discords, you can find the sheer autism and metaclubbing of sawbones and duny in the logs of these public discords

t. duny.

>don't know who to believe anymore
Whoever is the wrong guy here, he just made a lot of people lost interest in the game

who /notjoininga/vg/guild/ here?

You can pretty much google a large amount of it. For the rest, you can follow the links to the previous thread as well as the linked ss13g thread and see for yourself. Not to mention the discord logs, and even the Veeky Forumsss13 logs. There's tons of evidence.

this here is the smartest guy of this whole general

He will if you let him. Is it possible to contact a mod to IP ban this guy?

I wanted to join a Veeky Forums guild because when there's no sekrit club and they're not advertised on reddit, they're by far the best. If the conditions are not met it becomes pure ebin maymay dump and there's just no point in the guild, however, but it's always nice to see it grow at least. And a lot better than going with random guilds usually.

just in case you actually want to know who to believe or not, here's some evidence on a platter

Duny is the guy who has been spending the last week trying to get the discord going and giving people tutorials/helping people on /v/. Who do you think is in the wrong?

>linked ss13g thread
That doesn't mean shit, people can perfectly post in both threads. But yeah tomorrow I will look at those logs to se if it's true
Right now I'm fucking tired of all this drama
Good night /akg/
Maybe I'm with you user

All of this:

Same fucking guy that I'm talking about here:

See:

Just follow the people that are actually doing good stuff, ignore the destructive comments.

are you aware of a thing called "unique IP count" or are you just terminally retarded?

>duny has begun samefagging for himself

Good luck, that's all I can say to you

Please ignore all Disocrd shitposting once the server drops. I know y'all nibbas are bored right now though so go crazy until then.

>New server release is very close and people are acting like mongs

So I'd like to resume actual discussion with this question: what do you hope to get out of this new server? What's your overall goal?
Just enjoy the gameplay?
Become a super crafting jew?
Fill the MMO void in your heart?
Relive your childhood?
Find a qt baguette gf? yeah right

At first it was having the opportunity of playing with a Veeky Forums guild but right now I don't fucking know
Maybe I should save those 5€

I just heard about it earlier this month and I'm hear to relive my childhood and fill a void while waiting for other shit. is summoning heaps of shit as an Osa still cool?

>5€
Sorry but this is an American server now.

It's pretty much the same 5 people just trying to start shit and drive everyone else away from the game just because.

Has there ever been a service as aptly named as Discord?

So if I want to get into stuff beyond Dofus/Wakfu is the cartoon the main way to go? Are there comics as well? The French love their comics so I assume this world has one.

I've never played any Ankama games before, I heard about the no multiboxing thing and thought it'd be the best time to hop into this crazy game and it's lore. Gonna be rolling a sacrier on the new server.

There are comics about the best boy.

Actual human conversation with non-normies
Good time waster
As long as it's the more complex classes
Maybe.
Yes.
I don't want to relive my childhood
99% Probably not, but we'll see

I'm in the same newfag boat. Going with __feca__ though because I have a fetish for playing relatively normal humanoids that protect their allies. I'm a sick fuck I know.

Also ss13 guys are asleep in discord. come in and have fun.

so did you fags implode? do i need to go play with the huehues and mexicans instead?

Who wears shoes in a slip 'n' slide?

Ok so collecting all the Dofus (Dofi? Dofuses?) is the main point of the game and I've heard that they affect your stats in some way? How does that work?

Everything's cool now, I promise

It's just one guy samefagging. Everyone in the discord is hyped to play tomorrow and OP made groups and tutorials and shit. It's gonna be fun.

You dirty bastard. I thought of playing eniripsa (male) before deciding on my sacrier

Fags from ss13g who probably won't even play the game decided to raid the discord/general.

Communists. You're not one of them, are you?

Other way around, we posted in their general and invited them in

Of fucking course not. I'm very anti-authoritarian. But not anarchist.

Found my costumes. So which server has an alive guild? My cra's skills seem mostly the same, but the stat system is completely different so I'll go ahead and make a new character just to learn the changes. Also Astrub is fucking huge now.

Who is Sawbones and why should I care?

For the veterans here, what are the general stereotypes, good and bad, for the various classes?

luu? more like puu LMAO

Phaeris guys are sleeping until merge.
Remi guys scrambled over the world, no guild.

then who do I join...

havent played in years
right now deciding between sram and sacrier
which one should i pick

not joining until i get ogrines

to be the best healslut

ss13g guy for years, created their first (private) discord which got everyone in it banned for metagaming. However the ban got reversed and they made a public discord. He instead made a metafriend gang of people in the public discord, and through their shilling got adminship. Then he used his influence as admin to fill up half of their admin team with his metafriends.

His friends got bored with ss13 a year ago and moved onto eve, did the exact same shit with them. And now it seems they've turned their eyes on this community instead. And duny (one of his friends) is the owner of the discord, who made a private voice chat for him and gave him adminship here already.

Last time I give a (You) to this useless drama. I'm a ss13 fag.
Sawbones is an ss13 vgstation admin. You should not care.
For the record him and OP pretty much have never agreed on anything that I can remember. Their ideals for the game are pretty much complete opposites. This makes the metaclub accusations very funny to me. They are not friends.
Just ignore all of it, Sawbones will never have any power here and anyone who says otherwise is lying to you to create drama. This can be easily verified by just joining the discord.

Have fun at launch.

If you guys for some reason don't get into Dofus or stop playing and don't feel like resubing, try Wakfu and Krosmaga. Wakfu is vastly different gameplay wise (and have better graphics) and Krosmaga is currently the poster child of Ankama since devs of all games came to work on it (Ankama finally got another hit after a billion failures) the game is getting an expansion next week, the updates and balance are really nice.

Is just one guy, read:

Have fun on your Dofus experience, I hope everything goes well!

There are MANY comics on different eras (Wakfu is set 500 years after Dofus) there is a Dofus mini series (stand alone comedy, very well done) a Dofus movie with actual plot (best Ankama animation to date) the Wakfu series (3 seasons with 3 ovas and 2 specials) there are more games to the MMO (Wakfu Islands, etc) and on, and on.

There is so much to enjoy, go to /co and find the Wakfu pastebin for torrents to everything, or you can also watch it on Netflix or Steam.

I still wish for this cancelled project:

youtube.com/watch?v=PK5q0oGRzTU

To revive some day.

Remington HAVE a guild, is just inactive. Quote if you want an invite, just remember it'll be a few months before it's alive (guild is made of /co and /mmog)

>im an ss13 fag

Code for: I'm part of the metaclub that is also trying to infiltrate your discord.

I'm fucking garbage at distributing skill points and always fuck up builds.
How exactly AP and MP loss/removing works and should I even invest in it?
Is it worth putting points in vitality with all the items that increase your HP?
Why are Dodge and Lock put in the same category as Wisdom?
What's the most common element monsters have low resistance?

(You)

Proof is in the pudding, the secret voice chat channel already exists. Duny is the one who made it.

In Dofus pvp meta:
Iop, Cra, Eca, Eni - no brainer classes
Osa, Feca, Masq, Ouginak, Sadida, Enu - cancer
Xelor, Rouge, Elio - either complete retards play in attempt to look smart or people with 200+ iqs that happen to play dofus
Huppermage, Fogger, Panda, Sram - annoying fucks

Yes, a containment voice channel for ss13 shitters is proof they have power over the guild. Kill yourself. It was already made into a public channel after someone pinged OP to wake him up.

So everyone sucks, but just at different IQ levels?

According to Dofus wiki, AP and MP reduction works at a 10 ~ 90% percentage which varies inbetween the reduction value of the taker and the resistance value of the taken. Wisdom is both reduction and resistance to AP/MP theft.

Don't bother with wisdom unless you plan to PvP and you need to be cancer.

Mono builds go 300 main stat and the rest into HP. Hybrids either invest all stat into two elements or two elements at 200 or 250 and the rest into HP.

Monster resistance is not your concern, it will fall down to how effective your class is at the element that you choose.

so if i go eniripsa will i be able to just tag along with people and just heal them all day

A "containment" voice channel. Nice way to put a channel that is meant for my metafriends only. I don't believe in coincidences, and ss13g shitters making the discord and making private chats for each other definitely isn't one.

(You)

>there are people here right now who never watched the shows or read the comics

I dont read the comics because they are in french

A lot of them are translated. Look in the /co/ pastebin for them

are they good?

Yes. Some of them contain a lot of the lore.

I just don't know where to start. Do I watch Wakfu first?

Reminder that 1 power is just 1 in each element (str, int, cha and agi) without the secondary bonus (initiative, pods, heals, pp, crit lock and dodge).

It doesn't really matter where you start, Ankama prides themselves as being able to tell a story as if it was standalone.

The comics are probably the most standalone of the franchise. You can watch everything in this order

Dofus Treasures of Kerub > Dofus (the movie) Julith > Ogrest OVA (Wakfu) > Nox OVA (Wakfu) > Wakfu Season 1 > Wakfu Season 2 > Wakfu OVA 1 - 3

There's a chunk of lore in the games that you would have to invest in, so I would just ask around what happens if you needed something from the games

>There are people who have not read the Ogrest Manga

Are any of the Ogrest comics fully translated?

Add Season 3 after the 3 OVAs

No.

Can you meet Kali in Dofus? I know you can see Conqueline.

>always play as male in MMOs and RPGs
>actually considering picking Foggernaut (female) because they're so cute
This is it. This is the last chance I have to hold onto normiedom.

Kali is not in Dofus, but I'm sure she will be included eventually, considering that Wakfu gives no context of how she and Mishell are friends.

You can only meet her in Wakfu

I wonder if the Ogrest Manga will explain their friendship later.

>reading french comic books
wow
and i thought i was childish

So strength ecaflip is the way to go right?

shut up nerd

Can you meet the gods in this game? How do I do it?

I don't have Heroes but I can multiclient 3 accounts. What should I add in my Osa party? I was thinking Osa, Feca and Cra.

All builds of Ecaflip will work; str is the most common because of the initial impressions of raw power and utility

>not reading french comic books

I'm not a pathetic loser.

The gods reside in the corresponding dofus dimensions. You meet them at the end of the final quest.

Do US phone numbers not work? The account page keeps rejecting mine, no matter how I format it.

How do cras build now on wakfu? Everything's completely different since the last time I played. And it seems I can use all my elements if I want, but only equip so many spells and actives at once.