/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Chocolate fever edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

CURRENT Q:C NEWS: Small ("small") patch is out, supposedly fixed something with friends lists. Who has friends anyway? The Big Bug is still not fixed; reports say that Burial Chamber is currently hosting an impromptu yet amazingly accurate Michael J. Fox impersonator convention.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>(Incomplete) QC custom weapon skin showcase (someone should probably update this):
my.mixtape.moe/wrrdkk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

>October patch notes:
photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO8BA5o24yv-F6X-govF7kUIzvbiNJzv2upOBlNNI6aJDhNclKdeNn7UUvzWqdxgA?key=UU1VaWJOZTBQQ0tpZUI0dGZCc1FwYVlnU
>Latest patch notes:
bethesda.net/community/topic/111915/patch-notes-early-access-update-16-10-17

Prefer vanilla instead of mocha? Here's the last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQdzexzbumc
youtube.com/watch?v=pcwowe80MHM&t=4m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=erp6WZXmOcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for best girl

Hunter-chan is cute CUTE

So now that cross-game promotion is a thing, what kind of BJ cosmetics can we expect if we get the new Wolfenstein?
youtube.com/watch?v=yQdzexzbumc

I guess his new model. With the head attached t a new body
>Tfw you realize they gave you the old TNO BJ just so they could offer you his new model as cross promo item for Wolfenstein 2

>dat image
>dat Q:C current news
>mfw
Gave me a boner, and made me kek in one post. Quality OP desu

True patrician taste

>Slosh that low
>no Ranger
This list is shittier than Lockbox.

>Ranger
>Low tier on any list

Is there anything more satisfying than telefragging somebody as Ranger? God it feels good to make an explosive entrance like that.

Ranger is bae, but there's no denying the hunk of QC is BJ

No. Even if you're not doing anything really impressive, it just feels good. Telefrags are fun (as long as you're not on the receiving end) in pretty much every game they're in, and being able to do them on command is even better, especially with that SQLITCH and gore explosion.

When will they make the Q2 rail blue?

No idea. They gave it the corkscrew, but haven't changed the color yet. It's not like the tech isn't there, the Twitch LG correctly has orange lightning instead of blue when used by other players.

low quality oc incoming

>Been trying to get out of jail for 20 years. Ain't about to give up now

*Quakecon LG, not Twitch LG. Forgot it's the rocket that has a Twitch skin.

Milton's stream is comfy as fuck, thanks to whoever mentioned it last thread
People said it was "painful" to watch him play but he's rather solid in Duel. Makes some dumb mistakes on account of trying to apply QW ideas to a game that's nothing like QW, but his execution is solid. Even his Rail has leveled up

hopefully he goes back to streaming qw

/ourgirl/ is looking delicoisly squishy tonight

He still streams QW. More often than QC, though usually for not as long ('cause lel, playing QW without setting up a pug)

>Some faggot anarki wants to fight me with his gauntlet
>I telefrag into him

feels good man

>2019
>Still no Rocket Arena 5

Rocket/Clan arena is gay af. What's the point of turning Quake in some sort of CS-style round-based game with permanent round-wise damage and no item control?

no you gay af dumb fat ass

I don't think RA is meant to be a competitive game-mode. In QC I think it would be more akin to those arena or 1v1 maps in CS; there for aim practice and just having fun.

Anyone who takes it seriously is a faggot though.

Better competitive game mode than duel aka quake rally without rally cars you underage faggot

>Better competitive game mode than duel aka quake rally without rally cars
What

>whoever gets to da item first wins
duel is literally quake rally without rally cars

Except that's not how it's like at all. Major items (and controlling them) just force you to shift the fight to specific places, making the game more dynamic. In most maps it's impossible (or very risky) to control red and mega at the same time

> just force you to shift the fight to specific places, making the game more dynamic
Then item pickup is pointless and you're just a bird brain that needs it to tell you where to go.

>CA fag can't handle variables

>variables
>get da ra or mega
either item pickup is balanced therefore pointless or not therefore duel is shit version of quake rally

>either item pickup is balanced therefore pointless or not therefore duel is shit version of quake rally

>Better competitive game mode than duel aka quake rally without rally cars
>youtube.com/watch?v=pcwowe80MHM&t=4m35s
>4:35

Wow that's actually pretty good, I was expecting cars strafejumping around the map

People did some ridiculous stuff with Quake in the day- some of it surprisingly well done, and some of it really kludged-together but worth noting just for how silly it was, like Kickflip Quake (shown earlier in that video, in fact).

>playan tdm
>get killed by guy
>respawn, try to kill guy
>guy warping around like no tomorrow
>can't land a hit
>killed by hmg
>respawn
>killed by long-range unscoped hmg
>respawn, get RL, find him, shoot rockets at him
>calmly stands still with RG, only warping to dodge the blast and then warp back to previous position
>wtf
>team starting to get pissed too
>manage to take him down with the wagglan LG
>dude starts complaining about how hackers are ruining the game
Please tell me they removed slow mode in last patch, because this guy sure as hell seemed to be using it but I want to believe he wasn't.
if so, who knew you could fight one bullshit exploit with another

>Q:C is going to become like those Korean games or private CS servers where it's just everyone hacking at once trying to out-hack each other

>Please tell me they removed slow mode in last patch
Slow mode and wagglan LG popped up two days before the patch, so no

>game is playabel once mor!!!!!!!!!!
>lg wiggle not gone
>landing sound bug not gone
>za warudo bug now present

Saddest patch notes ever
They're eating shit for it even in the official forums

>friends list fixes get top billing
T-thanks Tim

>tfw have no friends and only one follower who still shows up as online all the time anyway

add someone from the list in the op

>Q3A Anarki
>rainbow letters
>respected those that mastered the 'tube
>all around cool d00d

>QC Anarki
>drug addict
>kills his girlfriend
>all around piece of shit

Where did it all go so wrong?

why would I do that, i have poor communication skills, a poor connection, poor gamesense and only play at REAL QUAKEDAD HOURS anyway

thavage

>za warudo bug now present
what's this?

>youtube.com/watch?v=erp6WZXmOcQ
>He doesn't play Ranger's Bizarre Adventure

>kills his girlfriend
>killed his parents
>killed a bunch of doctors
>killed hapless delivery guys
>killed who knows how many other people
>is completely insufferable to listen to
>is one of if not the best champion in the game
th-thanks tim

The reason people are freaking out over this is that you can just edit some .inis to get it. You don't even use a third party program

i dont understand

xaxaxa)))))

basically a cvar that slows the game down

youtube.com/watch?v=erp6WZXmOcQ
don't worry user, I'm shit as well, have a shit connection and only play tdm

but it doesnt look different
also wouldnt that fuck you over?
or does it slow everyone down? or what?

>but it doesnt look different
Literal perceptionlet over here

looks as slow as regular qc to me

I really dont think this game will float on cosmetics, the genre isnt like Sloverwatch which is packed full of women and kids who like shiny shit, they need to offer premium services of some kind as well.

i odn't understand how this wouldn't desync the player from the server at a ridiculous rate, leading to the player having a net negative experience

JUICE IT UP BABY

if i don't see some acTION SOON I'M GONNA START WINNING LOTTERIES

game theory:
all that air oliver lottery man drank like booze was actually tire fumes, and is in a coma of quake champions as anarki

>they need to offer premium services of some kind as well
Don't give them ideas, user

game theory: who could have placed all the weapons around the arena? could it have been dragonborn, from OTHER GAME?

game theory: who gave ranger his balls? Could it have been nukeman from OTHER GAME?

if you look at the letters in slash's tattoo, it spells out a word. look carefully and you can make out the word "SLOSH"
what does it mean? is it a reference to her drug and possibly alcohol addiction? remember to rate comment subscribe like share reblog retweet sand varnish buff varnish buff stain sand varnish sand buff

Lo Wang wen?

The damage powerup is called QUAD Damage - This is a reference to Quake 4, which was lambasted by critics (i.e. "damaged") for its uninspired SP campaign

You can see on ranger's pre-order skin that there is a box of bullets that can only be enabled by secret cosmetic options. When you look closer at the box, you can make out the letters V-I-V. Could this be a hint that ranger is in fact a robot???? But wait, the second V seems to be reversed, could this mean that it is a misdirection, and that he was in fact human the whole time???????? Don't forget to like comment tweet retweet facebook blog steam discord Veeky Forums tumblr blog youtube comment mumble and subscribe!!1!11!

was kinda disappointed that NIN was changed to VIV on ranger's nailgun box
had to remove shit because Veeky Forums's spam filter thought I was a bot

it is NIN, it's just worn out

Just got a twitch reliquary bois post shader predictions

To hell with unboxing waifus, Nyx is pissing me off so goddamn much that I want to unlock Visor 24/7 specifically so they can't pull that "lol where am i going? ha ha enjoy getting gibbed" shit.

2 weapon shaders and a rare helm for clutch

camo clutch, shiny blue ranger, nailgun shader

I guess it could be. Just seemed odd that if it was still intended to be NIN that the wear would be mirrored in a way that'd keep it from being recognizable to anyone unfamiliar with the series.

I had just kind assumed that for one reason or another they didn't get permission to use it again.

Legendary Champion: Clutch
Galena cosmetic
Weapon shader

>count to 4
>shoot your feet with rocket

Alternatively
>strafejimp away backwards ready to blast

More than you'd think, but less than you'd hope

>Item from Bone Daddy set
Every single time
Why does it come up so often?

All I can say is thank fuck it wasn't the head. I don't want to have to roll it again to unlock the flames when they inevitably get rolled back from default to attachment

free 250 shards user, so then you can buy more weapon skins

Actual fucking patch when?

clutch in a nutshell
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

clutch air control when?

>euromeme and garbage suggestions
go sit in the corner

sorry you're allergic to fun user

every time i see a clutch on my team, i know i'm not going to do well

>Anarki with a bunch of lines for a name clears FFA early with 8k+ damage
okay

What did they mean by this?

If you turn the box 90 degrees to the right it looks like a robot head with angry eyebrows.

they want to play it safe

So has anyone noticed how Galena's wings vanity animates differently while she's running, jumping, or in her menu poses? Were they part of her original model that they decided to strip off or something? That seems like way too much rigging effort for a single vanity item when they can't even get the damn descriptions to match the skins half the time.

>can't find a match in 20 minutes
guess i'll fuck off to sleep, then

This game swings back and forth between "Hey, that's pretty polished and detailed" and "DID THEY EVEN FUCKING TEST THIS?" fast enough to snap your neck. Either explanation could be the case here.

>Pick clutch
>Man I can't wait to relive ut2k4
>Get railed 3 times in a row
>Can't move because of 100% LG accuracy
>Cry and switch to a different champ