pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Last page in the book of grudges: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204490/heart-of-avelorn-moonstaff-single-player-any-confirmed-way-on-how-to-get-them
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204437/hidden-legendary-items
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204031/new-legendary-gear
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck lizards, this is now a Bretonnia thread

2nd for witch elf abs

Fuck-kill the horse fuckers, this is a Skaven thread now

>queek sees the light and defends ulthuan in end times

this fucking setting holy shit

Rock the boat!

>It went just like how you're imagining.
so she got raped a lot?

That doesn't happen. Queek kills Belegar in 8 Peak Bowl, then gets merc'd by Thorgrim, who get's killed in his sleep by Sneek.

8th for Inbredonia is the worst faction with the worst lore, unit, """""""""""aesthetics""""""""""""", and accent

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of all the Chinaposters that will be mocked when the next historical turns out not to be China.

you're probably right but it's a shame

I am posting the Von Carstein emblem here to show that this thread, and all future threads of /twg/ now belong to the immortal Emperor Vlad von Carstein and his wife Isabella.

>when the next historical turns out not to be China.

Of course not. Three Kingdoms China will be the next *fantasy* title, with legendary lords and spells and everything. That is when we get to merge with the cancer that is /eagg/.

Does he get a qt elf girl as part of the deal?

>Game has some really nice maps
>Never get to play on them ever
Does the difficulty change what maps you get?
I even just used the scout terrain function which showed me a choke map, only to find the actual in game map is a fucking open field.
Glitch or CA just getting rid of all the flavorful maps at higher difficulty?

probably a glitch
choke maps are supposed to come up at specific spots on the campaign map. Game probably got confused for some reason

Would you take a vacation to sunny Lustria?

What about that dynasty warriors mod?

Warring States is has way more factions and last far longer than Three Kingdoms. Legit fit for the clusterfuck factions a TW game need. Too bad historyfags are ironically historlets that don't know shit outside of Dynasty Warriors

Did you try that Dynasty Warriors mod?

>Warring States is has way more factions

They're Chinese factions. Literally arr rook same.

Its too bad, 45 hours in and I havent gotten a choke once. The few times I get them the AI has the choke and they charge off because of artillery disadvantage.
Instead im stuck with open plains and the same two ambush maps over and over again. Gets tiring, cant wait for a settlement map pack to be out.

Stupid question but are bridges and river crossings still not a thing?

I miss my chokepoints

there are, in fact, chokes in twwh2. kinda rare though

HELLO STUPID ELF-THINGS

HAVE YOU HEARD-HEARD GOOD NEWS, YES-YES

I've been mad that I couldn't block major river crossings with navies since major rivers were introduced in R2

FUCKING JEHOVA'S WITNESSES

Do you have a time-time to.. talk-talk about our lord and savior the big-big horned rat?

Yes, there are chokepoint battles in WH2.

Based scribe

So how long until we see these things added to the High Elf roster?

What am I even looking at?

DLC unit most likely. Probably added with Elith Anar and the Shadow-warriors as part of the tacticool pack. It's gonna be a highly mobile light artillery piece with a non-alt fire bolt thrower, as will be the Scourge Runner on delf side.

Lothern Sky-Cutter. It's a levitating boat that gets pulled by a great eagle. Lothern Seaguards man it and either use bows or a mounted light bolt thrower. It's essentially a lighter elf version of the gyrocoptor with a brimstone gun

DUDE SKY CHARIOT

Fuck right off horsefucker

*Condescendingly Blocks Your Path*

t. historylet
Same can be said about greek city states and late WRE/ERE in Attila. They made it work somehow

>No anti large
>No ap
Literally why?
How do their stats compare to blood knights?

That's the stupidest thing i've seen in my life

>read through end times wiki article and age of sigmar wiki article

It seems like the skaven are the canonical winners

ASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR

>dragon prince
>just horses in dragon costume

Is there a more pathetic elf than the dragon prince?

What can CA even do to make Trogolodons unique or interesting?

Are they just going to be the t-rex mount for chiefs and priests with less weapon strength, poison spit and a aura buff?

>Great Horned Rat replaces Slaanesh as fourth Chaos God

>all the other gods treat him like shit and Archeon actively refuses to recieve any aid or blessings from him

I don't think 'winner' is the right word

Am I really the only one who thinks it's bullshit CA locked some unique epic LL items behind random missions that don't always even trigger for everyone??

>Heart of Averlorn
>Moon Staff of Lileath
>Armour of Midnight
>mfw

Am I missing any others? They should be guaranteed to trigger. It is horseshit you can go for a completionist playthrough and miss something simply because "lol bad luck dude".

Fuck you CA.

What happens if you engage it in flight?

Its progress!
Is there an image of the great horned rat looking seductive and stuttering that maybe he could be your god of pleasure tonight?

I think Archaon, Sigmar and Nagash are the ones that can be considered winners if you ask me, the Skaven too sort of i guess, but the other gods don't like the horned rat, Archaon doesn't either, and i think Archaon is now a pretty big deal in age of sigmar.

What actually happens at the end of the end times? I mean, I know everyone gets wrecked by the Skaven Chaos combo, but do Skaven reign everywhere? Does Chaos exterminate everyone? Does the world blow up?
Never bothered to look into AoS much cause its shit.

pretty sure of those only Heart of Avelorn actually exists

>Does the world blow up?
This one. After a long cavalcade of "remember that character? he dies. really STUPIDLY" Chaos swallows the world and existence is unmade

As for the Winners, everyone is forgetting the Lizard Men, who literally blast off into space on Pyramid space ships

I want to ____ that lizard

I've gotten Armour of Midnight as Malekith, but not the other two. I have seen a screenshot of the quest for Heart of Averlorn though. So, at the very least, two of those are accurate/real.

The Moon Staff of Lileath I haven't seen for myself but multiple people on the CA forums have claimed to have encountered it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

Here's the cliff notes. Be warned: large parts of it were written by Matt Ward.

Skaven blow up the moon with rockets.

The world was literally consumed by Chaos.

Nagash goes on to become a god and make his own realm of the dead. Sigmar meets a space dragon and finds the survivors of the world and makes his own godly pantheon and society, Slaanesh gets fat from eating a lot of elves soul and then gets beaten to death by the elven survivors, the Horned Rat takes his place but the other gods don't like him, Archaon spits on his face and calls him a fag. The lizardmen become lightning fueled star angels that show up to wreck chaos's shit wherever it may appear, Malekith turns into a furry, Morathi turns into a shadow demon thing, Tyrion and Teclis become gods, Manfred gets punished by Nagash for all eternity for being a manlet.

Tomb Kings and bretonnia got squatted.

basically almost everyone is canonically dead and then also the entire world ends in nothingness apparently making everyone else dead too, the end.

but then age of sigmar starts up and its like, a gigantic undefined hand wavy muh reincarnations bullcrap where everyone can come back basically how ever GW wants. Lots of stuff up in the air, but one definite thing is that the great horned rat is a legitimate chaos god now.

If you look at it purely pragmatically it seems like the skaven got to further their racial goal, as now the great horned rat is even more powerful, and so they can try to take over the new realms instead of the old world, same old same old.

Everyone else lost a whole bunch of stuff and is totaly rebooted, but you can kind of continue the skaven story through as if the entire thing is just another twist on their path to total domination.

I guess the reason i say they won is the entire theme seems to be 'everything resets and starts over', only the skaven are very clearly better off. They made some progress.

Armour of Midnight is a thing, although I can't say for the other two because I haven't played either Helf yet. Don't actually know what I have to do for any of them specifically either, the quest just popped for me presumably because I fell into the right criteria.

>Manfred gets punished by Nagash for all eternity for being a manlet.
Based muh boi

>Skaven blow up the moon with rockets.

Sigmar, Nagash, Archaon and the Lizardmen also made progress though, Sigmar has an army of space marines, Nagash is a god even if he didn't become "the one god" like he wanted, Archaon has even more titles now and even the Chaos Gods are spooked, the Lizardmen are now the legion of the damned from 40k.

No matter how many times the universe steals Manny's platform shoes, you'll always be weak.

Guess I'll post proof since apparently even on /twg/ people will blindly defend CA.

Did sigmar really make progress though? He seems basically in the same position he was before.

It just seems like everyone else had their plans interupted, the entire thing ripped out from under them, but then some managed to land on their feet, but maybe if i gave a damn about skaven i would be aware of all their unfinished intrigues now forever ended and i wouldnt see them as just a hoard of rodents trying to become powerful.

Don't you have a hole to rot at, mommy's boi?

You guys do realize you can calmly go to Veeky Forums right

>it's a "user doesn't play the games but complains instead" episode

A fair point, but honestly no one seems to treat them as anything more worthy of respect than before. If anything they just get more grief since everyone knows about them now and thinks they're all annoying assholes.

Could always change, granted, but considering even their god gets no respect I doubt it.

And here is three different threads on the CA forum in which multiple different people claim to have gotten the Moon Staff of Lileath as Teclis in singleplayer.

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204490/heart-of-avelorn-moonstaff-single-player-any-confirmed-way-on-how-to-get-them

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204437/hidden-legendary-items

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204031/new-legendary-gear

So go ahead and eat shit, /twg/.

I mean, having space marines must be better than having normie humans right?

Congrats now go continue pointlessly grinding fag

Cool, didn't know anything but Heart of Averlorn was in game

What's your point?

>people claim to have encountered so and so
>only one person out of those quoted believes any to not exist, others simply say they have not seen some
Are you okay user? I fail to see the point of your seeming displeasure.

Is Mannlet actually short? Or its all just cus of his name?
cus you know Vlad's model is shorter than his waifu

Nah, I'm done with TW:WH2 for now I think.

Vortex Campaign is pretty trash to be honest, it is kind of boring to play over and over. I did a Queek playthrough, a Malekith playthrough, and lost the will to finish my Tyrion playthrough after discovering this RNG locked bullshit.

I found the game to be pretty bare bones once the initial hype wore off unfortunately.

>RNG locked bullshit

why are you so autistic about some fucking item?

>Are you okay user? I fail to see the point of your seeming displeasure.

Realistically, it is probably due to the fact I have OCD and this genuinely impacts my ability to enjoy a campaign. The fact that a lot of people seemingly don't give a shit also means CA will do it again in the future. I'm the type of guy who likes doing one or maybe two playthroughs which each LL and doing everything I can as that LL. I don't enjoy having to play the same guy over and over again to try and get the complete experience through luck or RNG.

It is what it is though, enjoy your game /twg/. Clearly we have divergent opinions on the topic. I've gotten 120 hours of enjoyment out of the game before this began to bother me, so I suppose at the end of the day I should be happy with that.

>literally total war warhammer AND total war warhammer 2
>talking about warhammer is off topic!!!!!!!!

KARA BOGA

Isabella also has a gigantic hair. Anyways I think mannlet is actually around the same height as all human sized LL. But he's still a bald cunt and mannlet is a nice name to mock him with.

It's his name and the fact he gets no respect and is eternally shit on. Let me explain.

In the lore, after Vlad-daddy died, he left a scattering of successors, none of whom could live up to him. They were all batshit crazy or incompetent and lacked Vlad's intelligence, charisma, or magical know how. The only one of them with any sense, was Mannfred, who said "fuck this" to the power games of the other von Carsteins and instead travelled the world so he could be the very best, like only Vlad ever was. So while Konrad Von Carstein was being a retard and causing the vampire wars, Mannfred was bat-man training on how to be a man-bat.

Then Mannfred returns, the prodigal son, powerful and competent and ruthless, and returns dignity and hope to the Von Carstein line. That was the present. Mannfred was basically the de-facto faction leader/big boss. He was going to make Sylvania great again.

Then they brought Vlad back to life, immediately overshadowing Mannlet in every aspect. Then they made him BALD. Then Mannlet spent all of end times being someone elses puppet or jobber, and realized at the last moment his whole life had been a joke, he'd never made any real decisions. So he knifed GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO ESTALIA in the back and doomed the universe, because it was the only choice no one ever expected to make and the only choice that mattered because it was one that he made for himself.

TL;DR, Mannfred did everything right but got dropped for the return of a fan favorite, then he was a bitch about it till he killed everything and everyone. And also he was bald. The end.

mad lesser race shitter detected

It still confuses me who can be vassalized by whom. Dawi can make border princes their bitches, but the lizardmen who swamp around new world colonies can't? The nwc and southern lizards killed off thr orcs so now nothing will kill the new world colonies and I don't want the negative hit to diplomacy by breaking my nap. But I can't bring them under the protection (and provincial edicts) of Mazdamundi's flaps and wrinkled girth? I surround them on all sides, could instantly crush them. But I'm not allowed to make them agree to massage Mazdamundis fatflaps in order to issue a commandment?

>Then Mannlet spent all of end times being someone elses puppet or jobber, and realized at the last moment his whole life had been a joke, he'd never made any real decisions. So he knifed GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO ESTALIA in the back and doomed the universe, because it was the only choice no one ever expected to make and the only choice that mattered because it was one that he made for himself.

Honestly this is one of the best explanations for the rationale behind why Mannfred did what he did that I've ever seen on /twg/.

>Mannfred did everything right but got dropped for the return of a fan favorite
You even got the TL;DR right. The only reason Vlad came back was because GW wanted to milk VC fans nostalgia for all it was worth with their end times shenanigans.

10/10 post, desu.

At least he got what he deserved in the end and now he is stuck in a hole rotting for all eternity.

I just read mannfred's end times wiki, and holy cow
What a Manlet

>"got what he deserved in the end"
>was the only named VC to survive the end times while everyone else no longer even exists

Mannfred won in the end. Even if he is just Nagash's bitch lieutenant in AoS, he still got to continue existing and having content/lore created for him.

*blocks your path as you are condescendingly blocking others path*

Fucking travesty he gets to come back and Vlad and Isabella don't. Especially since in the end times Izzy was literally one of the last 3 named characters who were the last to die.

yeah i wish it was a more generally available option. I had a vision of Queek dominating the various lesser races in an Aztec like manner, where they're commended to send slaves to the rat empire in exchange for their continued survival. And Queek could finally move up from a eunuch skavenslave tongue bath to having every part of him licked clean by gentle elvish breeders.

oh well

>Mannfred was bat-man training on how to be a man-bat.

This sentence is pure gold.

Also people tend to forget one of the biggest reasons; Mannlet was literally, LITERALLY Vlad's fuccboi in every sense of the word for a good long time.

Vlad sexually fucked Mannfred? Did Izzy watch or join in?

Yes they were lovers, Vlad used Mannlet's boipucci. This was long before Izzy, who was never privy to their relationship.

I think people just REALLY read a lot into that one quote from him that gets thrown around sometimes.

>"He may not have loved me the most; that honour, I am certain, went to Isabella, but he certainly loved me the longest"~ Mannfred von Carstein

Source?

Isn't that just referencing how Vlad turned Mannfred into a vampire before he turned izzy?

I personally believe so yes, but I think that quote is where people get the
>lol they were gay lovers
thing from.

I've never seen anything in any other book or manual to suggest that Mannfred and Vlad had sexual relations.

People just love to shit on Mannfred and will jump on any reason whatsoever to do so.

I always felt their relationship was a classical sort of love, as men used to be able to have before faggots started acting like any time two dudes cared and respected for each other they wanted to rub dicks

Gilgamesh 'loved' Enkidu and vice versa, but they literally meet by Gilgamesh getting Enkidu to fuck a (female) prostitute and their whole relationship revolves around Bro's before Hoes.

Though they may be a bad example since both of them were Bi and fucked 100 men and 100 women for a week before setting out on their travels. But my point is, once upon a time, guy love was a thing. Jay and Silent Bob. J.D and Turk. That kind of shit.