/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Devil Gene Edition

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Bx5TscKVcs?t=1492
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm pretty sure EVERY character is unga
Are there any not-unga characters, other than [ones you main]?

*plays honest fundamentals in your path*

Unga is a term coined by sore losers to not admit that they lost due to fault of their own or being outplayed by their opponent.

>Y-you only won because your character is unga!
This is the cry of the retarded sore loser

what's in 1.09 tell meeeeee

tekken bowl online play and customisations when

>keep losing to absolute dogshot players because I don't know how to fight their character
how is learning this game fun

Miguel

You need to have autism to get decent at Tekken. Just play Street Fighter.

Fundamentals still universally apply. If you don't know the match up, google the characters top 10 moves to know which are safe, which are steppable etc. Other than that just apply your game, backdash out of sticky situation, at least jab punish everything you don't know and so on. Test your opponent with lows and throws, it seems like you're at a pretty low rank. Most people in those ranks absolutely refuse to block low.

>Yes, so broken in fact that absolutely nobody above yellow ranks uses it.
youtu.be/0Bx5TscKVcs?t=1492
what did he mean by this

Jeondding is a fraud carried by Chloe and Eddy.

Then why aren't there other good Chloe's who make top 8 user?

All I see are infinite amounts of d/f 2.

*deathfists u*

hahaha just block and punish dude stop mashing and block and punish :DD

how is that king purple rank and doesnt know how to punish deathfist

>punish
>a death fist

Good joke, not even JDCR bothers to punish a deathfist. You're just gonna get baited into a second deathfist, all the Paul player has to do is backdash a little bit.

He did do the right punish.

Even the best can play dumb and not punish basic stuff

as you can see, he tried and barely missed, so he ate another deathfist

what punish could king have done there, user?

it's called being just out of range
like df and dm shouldn't even knock back
if you yolo that shit you should eat a nice full punish, just like for every shoulder move you do with any character

demoman is even worse about that shit. people complain about it having no range but if you do it out of range and they block hits two and three they can't punish it at all most of the time unless you did it at the wall because dm has even more pushback than df
prime bait for another df into the whiffed punish

>Good joke, not even JDCR bothers to punish a deathfist
[citation needed]

Which Tekken has the best soundtrack? Is it 5?

I'd say 3 but that might be just nostalgia talking. 5 and 6 have a lot of bangers too.

B3 works but i think it does a bit less damage

>want to play tekken after a long break after release
>it still crashes if you use borderless window when making custom outfits

How is this shit not fixed yet

it's probably some UE4 bullshit
I have a very specific crash too that's tied to ue4

Paul haters really are a great example of Poe's law in action

wrong

saying wrong isn't an argument user

works on my machine

All these faggots crying about Paul just makes me want to play him. He seems fun anons.

He's very fun, give him a try

>in player matches or lobbies
>dismantle bad players easily with simple fundies
>in ranked
>lose to the same motherfuckers
I realize I'm far from good but there's something about ranked that fucks me up.

wrong

Paul players will defend this nice skill there faggots

With only Anakin being more or less a sure lock, who do you guys think the 5 from America are gonna be?

>tfw poorfag and friend comes over and have to take turns on tekken online with one pad

So who was on top?

he's a scrub but not that great when playing against better people

>all female characters unga more than ever before
good shit

this is why we need tag again. pair play was the shit.

reminder if you use tekkenbot in matches you should kys

reminder if you use Josie, Bears, Claudio or any dancer, you should kys

Post classic /tekgen/ memes. This one is my favorite.

Why is Jin the worst Mishima?

but why tho?

Is debatable if Jin or Kazuya are bigger pieces of shit

there can't be any tekkenbot matches, the game just updated

I don't think the latter started an entire world war that claimed the lives of many innocent people just to summon a chicken god that was supposedly threatening the world like the former did.

And killing said chicken god didn't even work, all those lives snuffed out for nothing lmao.

>Hwrang's face
>Not Katarina

I've seen varying opinions about Mishimas but all seem to agree that DJ is very good. Is it just because the versatility of his move set compared to the other Mishimas or is there something more to it than that?

>jin
>a mishima

does everyone mash in this game online? this is fucking boring
I'm here almost out of green and I've yet to actually see anyone play decently
everyone just mashes or does their characters gimmicks like a retard and then they lose
I thought Tekken was supposed to be hard? cause I'm even getting orange ranks to do this

ye if ur playing against greens they all suck. you could literally only use jabs and win in green.

yellows play basically the same
this game rewards retarded play way too much

Pretty sure Jack can punish deathfist with his ff1+2

so it doesn't get better then
I haven't played online Tekken since 5 and I remember it taking an eternity getting out of blue

Everything Jin is doing is to rid the world of the devil gene and the Mishima blood line, everything that Kazuya is doing is to conquer the world and kill Heihachi. Also Jin summoned the chicken god in order to kill it because he thought that would eliminate the devil gene.

Jin is a misguided asshole who threw the world into WW3. Kazuya is literally evil, assimilated devil, killed innocent people for laughs, and is trying to take over the world. They are both huge assholes.

orange is where people start knowing what they're doing. maybe some usurpers too.

Maybe some juggernauts as well.

>classic memes
>Katarina

Jin may be less evil than Kazuya, but to Kazuya's merit, he did the least wrong between the two even though that's not saying much, but still.

JDCR doesn't play Jack you fucking dunce
and you have to be on point to actually punish Deathfist
that retarded move needs to be 2 frames slower on block

haha nice meme

-17 is fine but the pushback isn't
there's no conceivable reason why it should have so much pusback. same with demoman

I was meaning characters in general, not the players, my bad

haha nice meme

True but that's more the fact that Jin was stupid enough to act so brashly. Kazuya's response was pretty much "shit I wanted to start World War III! Oh well, I'm gonna use this chance to take over the world." It comes down to what makes you more evil: doing things that are particularly wicked or being a more evil person at your core.

Without pushback those moves would be terrible and Paul would be dropped to low tier

does this game just favor stupid plays and mashing more than ever?
I've been noticing it alot online but now it's leaking into nearly every top 8 of Tekken

not really
Demoman is still a true combo, does a ton of damage and unreactable. so you have to get a hard read on that
he has some decent pokes too

so you're saying the character is only good because you can gorilla your 60 damage half screen mids and misplace your 41 damage wallsplat lows?

>I've been noticing it alot online but now it's leaking into nearly every top 8 of Tekken
Explain

I'm saying by dropping the threat of those moves he becomes a lot less scary because he has even less relatively safe move. Without push back that makes both of those launch punishable and makes Paul even more susceptible to turtling.

>mashing in top 8s
beat it kid

It's true. Qudans just won a tournament with his unga Devil Jin spam.

you can clearly see the players are mashing on wake up in some matches
pulling out slow lows
supers during mid combos or on wake up
also all of Pokchops plays, but thats probably because Josie is such a cheap character

>unga Devil Jin spam.

>I'm saying by dropping the threat of those moves he becomes a lot less scary
And those moves are only a threat because you can throw them out almost mindlessly because they aren't punishable a lot of the time? I guess the lmao dude don't make mistakes on the same stage as Paul only applies to people playing against Paul and not to Paul players.

mashing isn't the only thing that's there retard
sure top players will never let any of them get away with it
but its a shame that stupid plays and acting like a blue player gets you up pretty high in tournaments

tankuna losing to green rank hopkick spam never 4get

Yup. He is the most complete Mishima. On top of god tier punishers and other Mishima goodies he has every tool possible. Good pokes, lows, CH launchers, high crush moves, low crush moves you name it.
And he has something neither Heihachi or Kazuya has, a bullshit lightning screw panic button.

>everyone says you have to play well and show respect to your opponent when playing Tekken
>play online
>everyone plays like a gorilla, jab trades are constant, armor moves or super during pressure
>people who just spam their characters gimmicks, multiple moves breaking the rules and ignoring mids completely (like DJ's fly move, Asuka's backflip, Ling's AoP)
>characters that were once really technical and hard to master are now considerably easy and top tier
>the game heavily relys on character gimmicks that ignores multiple moves and extremely cheap pokes vs actual technical skill
how could Harada do this? Why would you continue butchering the series after 5 and make it to the point that anyone can pick it up and play

You can't even tell the difference between unga mashing and highest god tier Korean Mishima play and you're trying to analyze the game?

Someone shoot this stoner.

who bitch this is

>good lows
he has DECENT lows, not good lows
other then the stock lows every character has, only his Hellsweep is actually good, db2 is reactable as fuck and unsafe on block, d3 is unsafe on block and hit, cd DF4 is decent too but reactable as well
he's the best Mishima but his lows could be better. I wish they gave him broken lows like Josie. Plus, does a ton of damage, unreactable, and combos on ch

homeless drug addict

I'm using this for all scrub posts from now on.

lads and bruvs
I've been playing Kazuya and realized that he's a bitch character that has garbage pokes
so I'm switching to DJ online starting next week. gonna lab this week with DJ, what are some tips? what moves should I use/abuse the most?
I already have electrics at 100%

I'm gonna take it as everyone is too low IQ to play DJ
what a shame

Who's being considered as the ungiest character?
I've just barely started playing T7 but It would be fun to learn a character like that and make people throw insults at me online

paul is who you are looking for

>weeb playing ugly characters
like poetry
I'd say Paul, King with his furfag suit, or Jack
Paul and King players are extremely predictable so you'll forever stay in silver
Jack has extremely good pokes so just time them at random intervals, don't be too predictable, and you can possibly make it to blue

Dude still doing evil shit under the premise of it's for your own good is still fucking incredibly evil and I would dare say is worse because you're deliberately turning a blind eye to your own abusive behaviour.

Look at how much people have bitched that Paul is OP in the past 12 hours. Do you think anyone here has any clue how to play technical characters like DJ?