/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #592

"Last time I saw you and Chloe in your pirate outfits, I knew she would never find a better friend." Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Soon)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s
youtube.com/watch?v=2x5EigcsR3U
youtube.com/watch?v=unH9laYkWNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

First for Baechel Amber.

Never forget

Max is #1

There was a shitty episode we used to play
A shitty tornado would hit the town on Friday night
And we stay in bed until Sunday
We used to be so hateful
We were living for the hate we had and
Living not for reality

It was just my imagination

It was...

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

LMAO
RIP you ginger basterd bitch

Deck Nine should make Season 2.

>people still aren't tagging spoilers
fuck you

>wants to avoid spoilers
then why are you here?

just came back to check you stopped being fags but nah, so I'll be on my way again

but you should know that this is the exact place people can talk about leaks,spoilers

sorry for that anyway.

Would you rather have S2 with D9 or post-bae game with Dontnod?

Post-bae with dontnod, unless the D9 S2 would also be post-bae.

Max and Chloe are all I care about. Dont care about some random other person.

I don't want anything with dontnod anymore desu

>Teleports behind Dontnod
>"Psh, nothing personal Michel"

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Alright folks here is the very first info/leak;

Rachel will get herself into the trouble and (will get kidnapped) by some bad guy in this story (I will later reveal it) And we will have to save her.

i wonder if it is by Damon or someonelse

Called it, unless it's actually Eliot lol.
If it's Damon, it's probably frank that'll kill him if not Rachel? or Sera.

Then why would Chloe just forget all about that in LiS and say Frank is just some creep? I hope they don't fuck this up.

I want to play the episode, REEEE

I can't dare to scroll down, I can just type here and then close the tab.

Give me some (You)s that I won't be able to even see.

It'd probably be implied rather than Frank doing it in front of Chloe.

Damon, the skeevy guys, the biker gang are the only bad guys we know and are being investigated according to a document you find in the Amber house.

Well if we are going down this road I will give my unwanted theory. Rachel's dad isn't diddling her but he is using her as a drug courier to catch Damon and co.
You heard it hear first.

Maybe:)

Damon is your first guess because he is obvious villain right? But think more deep, just as Nathan and Jefferson.Nathan presented as obvious villain but there was a someone more fucked up than him in story..

No fucking way is it Mr Keaton. NO fucking way. The only person that fits is Eliot, which would be so fucking funny. Literally warryn on steroids XD

Eliot? Jesus. But that's great writing, Deck9 actually knows how to use red herrings properly. Can you imagine how good LiS would have been if Deck9 had made it?

Mr.Keaton is /ourteacher/ man, there is nothing wrong with him. For your latter sentence, maybeee you are right.I want you all to the play the game first and experience it before I fully reveal some stuff.

[ Eliot, Mr Keaton, Sean Prescott, Sera are the choices that would be surprising

Delete Keaton,Faggot Prescott and Rachel's mummy from that list:) Actually there will be another thing with Rachel's real mom.

This thread is starting to look like a classified document.

"Birthday money or should I say hush money". Were they hinting at the Ambers actually being drug runners? Are they going after Damon to eliminate the competition? Is Sera the heroine?

D9 owns my ass desu

i would think it'd be Sera that does the deed. I doubt they'd make frank a killer.

Well lad, since you also had guessed that Steph's actually into girls before this game even shipped and even guessed what has been cut from ep2 I will believe this. Also sounds reasonable when you consider some events in-game. I've finished the episode 2 and can't for the leaks now.

>"You want me to cut you bitch?"
> Drug dealer with a heart of gold

All i'm saying it that it would explain his attitude change from BTS to LIS. It also paints a good picture of what Max would turn into post-bay considering they both would've killed their childhood friends. Maybe frank and sera and Rachel killed him, maybe they just decided to not save him rather than kill him directly ala batman begins. We'll see

Maybe Sera isn't that bad woman as she seems, anons :)

The HMS Amberprice has taken over /lisg/

This but with Max desu

> it's probably frank that'll kill him if not Rachel? or Sera.

or... or Chloe? :D but maybe not alone. Or self defense? I dunno. Just a wild guess haha.
Plus when Chloe is talking with Victoria in Ep1 you can joke "we murdered a man", does that line have anything to do with it? - foreshadowing? I was thinking if that line meant something ever since I heard it.
Well fuck I haven't even played Ep2 yet but I'm already talking about the leaks, fuck this shit :D

Do you know what does that mean?

another intense Kiss scene is coming guys

I noticed that at the end of the tempest, she seems amused/smiles is happy, presumably because she's proud of Rachel but she glared at Chloe earlier at the junkyard. Does Sera ship amberprice now that she saw how Rachel loved chloe?

I already booked a first class suite

You'd think Chloe would mention that to Max at some point, unless it was more of a casual manslaughter thing. I agree there's probably foreshadowing in that line. Can't wait desu. Also, Rachel's bad behaviour is affecting all of us user :)

In addition to that
There will be more than one confrontation scenes, one of them is obvious; one of them will suprise all of you.

Yet, you are one of anons who kinda came closer to *one of* confrontation scenes

Joyce is a wise woman, even if she made some mistakes like expecting Chloe to move past her losses relatively quickly. When Chloe had no reason to want to move on because what was beyond seemed terrible.
You can see how happy she is when she realizes Max is back in Chloe's life. She knows it will be the best thing to happen to Chloe in a long time and will turn things around for the better.

is she an undercover FBI agent or something ?

but it doesn't mean that chill moment won't happen right?

Rachel and Chloe aren't going to kill someone. Worst thing I could see is Damon will try to kill them and Sera will take a bullet meant for Rachel.
Sera dies, the weather changes, Chloe stops having nightmares. It's clear something big changed but not directly explained so as to keep the mysteries.

Be more creative :D

I was going to reveal this before but mocap video has leaked everwhere anyway and yes chill (romanthicc) moments will happen. Pool scene is one of them and is really coming

hmm, that would clean up the issue of what happened to her by the time of LiS.

They won't kill anyone, yeah but will see something bad will that happen..

I can't fucking believe how awesome the Tempest scene is, when they go offscript and directly talk to each other.
It's magical

Wow, that really makes the scene in LiS mean a lot more, especially Chloe's line about Rachel would have loved it. It seems like Deck9 really took everything into consideration when they were writing this game. Chloe is a more fleshed out character than Max at this point. I'm shocked how good it is. I'd kill for them to do a Max/Chloe game.

Hmmm
Go on...

I know right, and the moment crowd groaned and some girl there "say yes!" to Chloe after Rachel promised her, was epic and very well written. It really warmed my heart to see Chloe happy like that.

They should've written Max and Chloe's story and I would pay them shitloads of money if they ever decide to make sequel for Max and Chloe. Because these guys has more guts; and presents romance very well and bravely. Oh, they don't also add forced tragedies that bores you and makes situation even more stupid

this scene deserves an oscar desu

Is Rachel.... T H I C C ?
This is life changing.

>Ozymandias (breaking bad) of LIS desu

i'm willing to be episode 3 will be even better

Zak Garris + Chris Floyd + Webb > Dontmich hackwriters

What did we do to deserve them :D

Decknine wasn't joking this game was also romance.

Damn, why Dontnod couldn't do this?

>"B- but where's your imagination user?"

Post songs that give you Amberprice feels or songs that would be on Rachel's mixtape from the junkyard shack in LiS. I'll start.
youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s

Goodnight /lisg/.
I better find a great playlist in the morning.

how bout
youtube.com/watch?v=2x5EigcsR3U

They did. The romance may have been more subtle in S1 but it was definitely there.
This seems like the same people who say "I hated Chloe but now I love her". Like they just couldn't grasp LiS and needed everything to be put so obvious in BtS. Not bashing either approach or people, but all this stuff was/in in both games.
Deck Nine is trying to show why Chloe loved Rachel and was so concerned with finding, which makes Rachel's whole story arc and eventual discovery all the more tragic.

bitched about Michel for 2 years straight(gay)?

I know that user but I wish dontnod had more guts.
After seeing bts, I'd take Deck9 over them anytime. Dontnod created great protags but couldn't use that opportunity and screwed everything with rushed writing.Still they at least presented Max and Chloe's love for each other, but like I said again, I wish they had more guts

Who needs guts when you have imagination XD

It goes to show you how pointless the whole time travel mechanic is and forcing it was a mistake. Good stories don't need a bunch of magic powers, they need good characters. Which DONTNOD did create but then muddied the whole thing with stupid puzzles and lame fetch quests.

Eliot was probably our punishment for all that warryn posting

Can anyone send the actual song that plays just when they kissed?

youtube.com/watch?v=unH9laYkWNI

the actual version is a spotify live sessions thing, so only on spotify. Link is pretty much the same tho

Thanks.

>tfw you realize developers even added those "pleasure,lip touching" sounds to that makeout

this. actually they could handle it if they haven't rushed things and change things during the fucking development

>inb4 nothing was cut:)

>Yet, you are one of anons who kinda came closer to *one of* confrontation scenes
Nice. I am intrigued.

Does it have anything to do with Sera's identity or something? I have some theories but I don't know if I have the courage to say it, because that's kinda fucked up :D Plus I don't know if I am right, so it could turn out that I'm an idiot. I mean, I was thinking that maybe she (Ruth/Sera) isn't evil, but that she wants Rachel to find out about something bad and investigate it? and it has something to do with her dad/family perhaps, or other bad guys. But it's still not everything what I was thinking.
Also Rachel mentioning "Hush Money" from her dad made me think that she knows something illegal/embarrassing and somebody wants to keep her silent about it.

> Actually there will be another thing with Rachel's real mom.
Omg

I can admire both, but I liked the slower approach better. Max and Chloe felt believable because it wasn't rushed or turned into some eye candy/ fan service. It just felt like two characters who were friends realizing they wanted to be more. The player watched and could occasionally offer their input but things developed on their own.
Rachel and Chloe is impressive for the daring of some of the things they do and how quickly they start to come together. However, it is forced to an extent, relies on previous knowledge from the original game to appreciate fully, and seems like there's in imbalance in what the two of them offer each other - so far. With Chloe giving far more than Rachel has.

There wasn't a problem with giving Max powers, there was a problem with pinning the finale of the story on them when they admitted they weren't developed a lot.
There's still power/supernatural elements in BtS and one more episode where they may show their impact on things. I wouldn't rush to conclusions about how one is better than the other because a lot of people thought Episode 5 would be incredible.

I know that their relationship developed and ended up being in love with each other (after yearning for each other over 5 years) but I just can't help but think Max and Chloe deserved more better. More chill moments etc. You get what I mean

If I were you I wouldn't dwell on this hush money actually.There is something more deep in otherside, which you kinda came closer

>tfw you realize developers even added those "pleasure,lip touching" sounds to that makeout
Shit. I have just noticed that

I understand. A few chiller moments in LiS would have been good, though the stuff at the lighthouse, junkyard, pool, Chloe's room, and others, were very nice.
I think part of it comes down to LiS had more pressing issues in its story whereas BtS can just focus on the calmer stuff because the conflicts aren't as grave and there's no need to solve some massive mystery. Both games also dedicated a good amount of time the side characters and giving some of them scenes.
Max and Chloe have their moments in the game and would have many, many, more after it.

Maybe someday, someone allowed to do a bonus episode focused on them after everything so we can get an idea of how they've grown and just see a regular day with Max and Chloe. That'd be nice.

I agree with you that the Max/Chloe development was a bit more believable however I think if we consider that Chloe is 16 and Rachel is 15 and they both have messed up lives at home, their latching onto each other that quickly isn't that unrealistic. Yea, one day and instantly being in love is a bit nutty but Chloe is desperate and we don't really know what the deal with Rachel's motivation is completely. There's still something fishy about her.

Your posts are always point out true facts and also comforting me. Thank you for that.

I agree with you on there. If decknine would ever decide to make sequel for them I would say yes in a hearbeat.

Molli's scrapbook idea is still my favorite for what the Bae Ending should have included.
Just some nice images and blurbs to give you a little hint into how things end up but still plenty of room for *imagination*

>as Eliot is dragged away to prison kicking and screaming, a smiling face appears from behind the walls of the Blackwell dormitories
>Warren: It's my turn now.

Thanks for the tip. I won't say now what I actually think about Ruth/Sera now because this is too much lol, but I noticed that sometimes in the game there's a suggestion about someone's identity, among other things like that, and this is where *something weird* came to my mind about that woman.

even song is so goddamn romantic

Could somebody make the "VirginNod vs ChadNine" pic

That's exactly what it is. Something that the both of them thought would fix their problems (Problems that involved their parents in some way). Two hurt girls who were dealing with a difficult time in life and found each other.
Whatever Rachel's family issues were were seemingly fixed over time, but Chloe's never really were until the end of S1. Rachel stopped 'needing' Chloe (but still wanted to be her friend) and began looking at other people to be her romance/ticket out of town, but Chloe never stopped her belief in needing Rachel.

No problemo. It's cool that you like them but also post your own ideas.
Not sure I would want another season entirely about Max and Chloe, because that would mean more conflicts and possibly hurting them. I would be very skeptical about that unless I knew the plot was good and Max's powers would be handled consistently.
A little bonus episode would be perfect, I think.

I liked your theories actually and it fascinated me that even if you haven't played episode 2 these assumptions are demanding.
Play the game without missing any dialogues etc. When the info(s) are released we will have a lot to talk about ;)

user, eliot made warryn less cringy. so at this point nobody would ever compete with cringylord eliotidiot anymore

All of you faithless whores who have deserted Max for Rachel... will find your reward in an early grave