/tf2g/ - Team Fortress 2 General

Valve will not fix the server browser, quickplay, or competitive and everyone will love and praise valve over the update anyway because of cosmetics edition

MULTIDAY UPDATE SOON!
teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/#

NEW VIDEO!
youtube.com/watch?v=YHf7e67T54Y

>list of good comm. servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9QpmfOLaUcw
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=30147
youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3gPQuVCWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Praise Gaben

Second for flyros everywhere

It's gonna be a bad update lmao

opengl vs. dx81 when!?

yeah, unfortunately
and everyone is gonna love it
i hate the tf2 community

Same. What a buncha bums accepting shitty handouts and being happy with trash

idk if you're memeing on me but i genuenely think its sad that everyone is fine with getting shit

Absolutely not, my guy. I'm serious when I say that this update is gonna be trash and people accepting said trash with arms wide open are suckers. Team Fortress 2 is a mess

youtube.com/watch?v=9QpmfOLaUcw
You ready for Scream Fortress 2017?

no one said the update was good jesus christ wait three days before whining like retarded faggots
also reminder that viBBa play GTA V and is fine with rockstar fucking his spic ass with shit updates

the problem as I see it is they keep adding content when the base game code needs to be fixed. I've already played the custom maps they are really horrible. I don't give a shit about taunts.

why is Star such a faggot?

Because he can't get boner.

alright

im glad i'm not alone with this opinion, even though it's your opinion you have the right opinion

I play GTA to help people who need cash. I carry them through Heists and stuff. I don't care much for the updates or dripfeed vehicles. I just like making money

Exactly. I'll look forward to the patch notes, not the 20 dudes in a Valve server playing with their new Taunts

tfw i'm one of the few people with an actual reason to hate viva and i dont
meanwhile people hate him for speaking the truth and for posting obvious bait

>Exactly. I'll look forward to the patch notes, not the 20 dudes in a Valve server playing with their new Taunts

well said

Reminder that reading biba's posts will give you cancer

>A nice breakaway from Scream Fortress

oh, right, they aren't gonna do a halloween update because of this update

good job valve you weasel fucks

reposting from last thread
comp mm fix
>community reporting system like overwatch in csgo
>placement matches and ELO
>fucking class limits
>balanced weapons or at least weapon bans
>progress punishment for abandons like in csgo
>what else
all they literally have to do is copy csgo's mm system. please don't fuck up
alternatively make mm a lobby system and burn tf2c to the ground

Wow, it's just more Saxton FAIL fanwank. Fuck this game, where's the Source 2 port?

>alternatively make mm a lobby system and burn tf2c to the ground

i fucking wish

We don't know if there is gonna be halloween or not.
Especially as halloween is normally 100% community made.

day 3

ill have to try to keep a straight face when i ask my 6s team tomorrow who will be the pyro of our lineup
community reports do fuck all if theres no one to read them
>weapon bans
do you really expect them to do that? they have to nerf the guns not outright admit that they are OP and bad game design
>punishment for leavers
inshallah brother
the question is, if you get a med that only uses meele what do you do about that?

Is he not going to play the tf2 update? Is he being that stubborn?
Talk about burning bridges

>punishment for leavers

what does ur response to that mean ive seen people say it as a meme but idk what it means and i dont want to google it

what's with all the negativity, is it because of v*va? jesus christ the changes havent even been revealed yesterday was just for community stuff and the reveal of the update
stop jumping to conclusions you meanies
today we'll have the actual changes up

>viva boogeyman
>you meanies stop thinking for yourselves and wanting an actual healthy update to the game

kill yourself, stop shilling for valve for free

kek

this new update is so fun!

what if viva is just trying to lower our expectations for the update so it will be really nice when it turns out to be great

>nothing has been revealed yet but for some reason the update sucks

???

fuck you all im excited for the update

scrap.tf only allows me to sell one of my skins when I got like 4 I want to get rid of, how come

are you willing to bet with me that the update will be good (good as in actual balance changes and more focus on the game than cosmetics and aesthetics, must also fix the matchmaking so you can play with friends and join their servers)

your friendly reminder to filter tripfags and cease providing them attention

inshallah/ojalá means "may god make it true"
its basically "I hope so"

>one tripfag saying to be smart and use your brain and think critically about the update and not let valve scam you with minimal work and no ethic
>FILTER HIM REEEEEEEEEEEEE

i dont even like viva but im really tired of this narrative where valve is amazing and can do no wrong

im not saying valve is amazing im saying we dont know 75% of it yet so stop acting like day 1 is the entire update

you're complaining about an imaginary shitty update that you made up

day 2 is going to be more cosmetics and/or a saxton hale game mode

day 3 is going to be some changes to the game itself

day 4 is going to be new weapons and weapon changes

really nothing special, they most likely aren't going to fix matchmaking which is what most people want but they are spoken over by the annoying cosmetic community

Nope, I haven't tested it on Linux. Only Win10. I was thinking about making my machine a dual-boot with some linux distro on the side.
I'm not too big into using Linux outside of virtual machines yet, which distro should I go with for games? Basic ones like Mint or Ubuntu?

I think the direct hit needs a model update

meant to reply to i actually want the update to be good and the game to be healthy, unlike you where you just wanna play dress up constantly and play ugc steel

Why allot resources even if they are minimal for this update?
Why keep on beating a dead horse?
Especially if you aren't going to actually fix anything with it.

Also, if you want to test it yourself: just record/download a short demo then type timedemo "demoname" without the quotation marks into console.

>make up a shitty update
>pretend it's real
>complain about the shitty update that you made up

did anyone else get a 3 day raid thread ban? i think that one thread really pissed off our hotpockets

you're bitching about an update that hasn't happened yet. you are searching for things to complain about.

im speculating, not making hard facts, stop being a pedantic faggot

i'm basing my opinions off of every update in the past 5 years (when valve stopped caring and gave in to money grabs)

come to think of it, remember that proposed balance changes list posted on the blog a while back? how much of that do you think will be altered or will go through as-is?

link

god damn I hope to god they don't go through with those amby changes

teamfortress.com/post.php?id=30147

>actual new voiceacting in the trailer
color me impressed I must say

>speculating

you are making things up. "valve won't fix the matchmaking because they haven't fixed it in a major update yet" is retarded because this is the first major update since the matchmaking happened. you are making things up and then complaining about the things you are making up.

that's a good way to defend valve
>all the other updates were not ~MAJOR~ updates so that makes it ok they've ignored it for over a year

do you realize how long mm has been in the game and how many updates have come out since then?

>2 characters says like 15 lines total
>WOOOOOOOWIE ZOWIEEEEEEEEE VALVE IS DA BEST

so fucking lame to see you people in the community

>why hasn't valve fixed matchmaking in the major updates that never happened
>i can't believe valve didn't fix matchmaking in the imaginary version of the update that I made up

ah yes, like that time they put 30 minutes of voice acting for a comp MM that didnt even work properly and left the comp MM beta as a finished product for 2 years
yes, good work on the voice acting

why are you sticking to my speculated update thing so hard

you are attacking what i said more than the fact that valve doesnt do shit

So is this update going to fix the hacker issue

probably not
i doubt it even fixes the flamethrower issue, wich was the main reason people wanted a pyro rework.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3gPQuVCWo

no lmao

>hackers drive players out of comp
>hackers drive players out of casual
>BETTER ADD NEW HATS GUIZEEEEEEEEEEE HAHA FARTS

pathetic

>more than the fact that valve doesnt do shit

valve didn't do anything in the imaginary update, which is what you are complaining about

i'm not though

i said valve wont do anything and then said what i think the update with comprise of

People are thrilled by the Pyro's jetback but after a month they propably start to whine NERF NERD JETPACK OP VOLVO PLS NERF

He nuked the bridge's ashes a long time ago. He will probably play a few games by himself but he will never stream it. Even if he wanted to stream it, he can't because Blizzard would end his contract.

it's funny how you talk down on casual players when you sound like one yourself

>>WOOOOOOOWIE ZOWIEEEEEEEEE VALVE IS DA BEST
not really, but the last few trailers were all silent movies IIRC. So the fact that they suddenly changed that is kinda ...huh. What happened?

>add a couple voice lines
>WOW THEY SURE ARE CHANGING AND PUTTING IN TONS OF WORK

please stop responding to me

>have a shitty lowtier unusual
>get a couple shitty stranges
>sell them as a "set"

why do people do this

Which linux distro is the best for TF2?
afaik SteamOS blows

What anime would the mercenaries watch if they did watch it?

none

do you know about linux? have you ever run linux? why do you want to run linux? what are your goals?

so how late does valve update the webpage
I think it was around midnight yesterday (in urup time) but I was actually kind of late to the party so iuno exactly

friendly reminder that:
its only fucking day 1
hats are all community created so valve put their effort into actual meaningful shit
hats are just seasoning for an already good update, if the update sucks the hats won't matter

steamOS doesnt suck, its just regular ubuntu
the bad thing about it is that SteamOS doesnt ask about partition options, it just wipes the whole drive without mentioning a thing or asking permission

>hats are all community created so valve put their effort into actual meaningful shit

lmao

they've always done this shit

they pay the workshop people jack shit, make all the money, and dont even work on much

legitimately not surprised if they outsourced the sfm saxton hale shit

why do you respond to me first if all you have to say is a textbook example of that "how to argue on /v/" pic from ages ago I can't be assed to look for?

?

>you are doing an argument that i cant describe and wont post
?

I’ll come back when the game is fun again this update won’t change anything

>somebody is quick selling his high-tier unusual 100 keys off
>cool, i guess i can get some extra cash if i find the right buyer
>buy that shit, put it up on sale
>a week later, the price of the hat goes down 100 keys

bye nameless nigger no one will miss you hang yourself

>do you know about linux? have you ever run linux?
Only in virtual machines to try them out. I used Ubuntu for like two days once but outside of that most of my knowledge consists of how to do some very basic shit in the terminal.
>why do you want to run linux? what are your goals?
Privacy, better performance in some select games and my studies are kind of bound to Kali Linux. Not in any particular order, but since I'm in /tf2g/ I think performance goes first.
>SteamOS doesnt ask about partition options, it just wipes the whole drive without mentioning a thing or asking permission
Shit, is this common with distros? Perhaps I should buy a backup hard drive before dual-booting.

not him but lol

you probably worship tf2 youtube celebs

looks like google images is easier to navigate than my own folder, there you go

I assumed everyone knows that one by heart by now.

are we on /v/

Why not try and get it running in Kali then? or if you don't like ubuntu or one of it's derivatives, you can try out debian

>mfw i saw people making plans on how to lower the price of a certain unusual
>mfw the mad men actually did it

Demo and Soldier would get smashed and marathon Inferno Cop. Spy would watch "deep" stuff like NGE. Scout would either watch shounenshit like jojo and Hokuto no Ren or tons of seasonal haremshit "ironically".

chekt n rekt

no ????
I just don't complain on the first day of the update like a little bitch

I bet you suck dicks

we're in a general that started on /v/ and was later relocated, but that's beside the point, which is that described behavior matches the presented example. So basically what I'm saying is
>you're acting like the /v/ an its worse

Or maybe the point was that some of the voiceactors reappeared after a loong break, which is rather surprising.

whoa are you implying this virtual economy handling non-tangible goods might actually be rigged somehow

F L Y R O
L
Y
R
O

>1 voice actor

hes always been in the community

he goes to the scrap tf and tip of the hats shit for exposure, afaik saxton hale never had a model or voice actor so it's not like "some of the voice actors reappeared"