/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Rattle CLANG edition.
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIFE7h3m40U
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=15.99 pln to eur
drive.google.com/uc?id=0B5CdbqtIMPsUSm1UbkZEZzFsNEU&export=download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone else wonder which one to pick?

First for being a second late to post the new in the old one...
Download antimicro to map the controls as you like, that tool is made to map controls on "shitty indie games with shittier controls" such as spungos.

3rd for watch out for them

The uncontaminated one

thanks for advice
first i will fuck about with windows' thingy, i am quite suprised they have this thing
warning spoiler contains kurwacontent
also proof 2 stick are not 1 stick

So mine is even fucking worse than that.
With antimicro you can asign the axis to mouse movements, so you keep the analogs as such
Another usefull tool is Vjoy, that lets you assign multiple physical joysticks into 1 virtual if the games dosent have multiple devices support, so far i know know that flying and racing sims has this ability to recognize them because hotas, or shifters and analog handbrakes being on different USB ports

I know that luamacros can handle 15 keyboards and each of them is separate
youtube.com/watch?v=lIFE7h3m40U
either way thanks for names, will add them to my list of software for dealing with bullshit, they seem useful
>mine's even fucking worse than that
you might not want to know how much they costed me
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=15.99 pln to eur

>/egg/
>8 matches

>join the supposedly new spengies serb
>the simspeed immediatly tanks to fucking 0.3
can someone just gas marek already?

This what all lasers look like according to ChoDE

drops to 0.3 happen about once per hour
they don't last long, usually 5 minutes of superlag
mostly it's 0.8 simspeed, with occasional moments of clarity where it lies to you that it's 1.0 or 1.02

>8
>not 9
look at this fag not using autowatch

On the other hand, my somewhat middle-class laptop can actually run the game at 40-50 fps, so I sure as fugg hope that the simspeed situation is getting better

How the fuck is it possible to not know about raycast cameras yet
They've been in for a fucking year and we've been building server scanners for just as long, it was a huge fucking deal when thar patch hit

Space
Kerbal
Squad

Those are the only lasers I'd bother pumping several gigawatts of power through, mate. Everything has much lower efficiency at higher power and size.

They're out in full force this thread.

space
clang
keen

Should i do a month long narration of a Simple Construction Sandbox playthrough?

Or would that add nothing to engineering games general?

Boosters!
Struts!
Oops!

I love to play engineering games and post in engineering games general

Reminder to argue with me if you want to play f/egg/torio.

Argument: kerbal space program is more of an engineering game than many of the games in the op, and should be allowed in this thread.

where the fuck are they

Where have you been? I've been on this world for like two days and I haven't seen anyone else

Post ksp!

Stay strong brothers, and pray for the Mods' salvation.

post fish webm

>sweating it
Report, don't aknowledge, is it that hard?

Engineering games are about having a great big tedious game loop but part of the game loop is automating the game loop so you can play to reduce all tedium until you reduce the game loop to nothing at which point you are a god inside the game world.
KSP is just some physics simulator where the only goal is to masturbate to rockets getting shot into orbit.
I just played a bit of singleplayer on that world. Decided it is more fun to play other games while I wait for /egg/men to agree on a modpack. Post a screenshot of the map.

Engineering games are about building viable machines and optimizing them.
What you wrote only describes survival games where it starts out as grinding.

Change the next thread to survival games general and k*rbal won't make sense.

Easy.

Neither will FtD, Cuckout, Shenzen and every other /egg/ that doesn't have a survival mode.

>building viable machines
They need a purpose. I'll concede that I forgot about games where you put parts together to produce a desired behavior in a
different environment than where you put the parts together.
>survival games where it starts out as grinding
There's plenty of survival games where grinding is the game loop, actually most survival games are that.

I got to trains before you put the junk trains mod on there, but I'm having an issue where I desync whenever I try to activate auto mode of a train while I'm in it. Not sure if it's related though.

Need more copper and less heavy oil

>narrowly define the thread scope to exclude one game at the expense of several other games
>allow one game to be posted

Seems like an easy choice to me, /egg/men :^)

>aai vehicles
>no asphalt

That's not the map. Also: did you update mappinger and ion cannon?
Asphalt from Asphalt Roads looks way better than the asphalt from nauvis. Is asphalt better than concrete? Note that I left the programmable part from AAI out for UPS reasons.

hello, is this thread about eggs?

Supposedly it's better, but only for vehicles
otherwise it's slightly worse

you're right the programmable part is kinda shitty, both in the ups part and the blueprints not working correctly part, still not sure wether it's worth it or not

Happy now?

It doesn't let you join if your mod versions are different, I don't remember which ones were off, but it did yell at me that I needed to update some mods

Machinecraft hasn't published an update since July
RIP

>two clamps
it's like you WANT the kraken

>Happy now?
Yeah thanks that's pretty cool.
>Supposedly it's better, but only for vehicles
If there's a config option I can add it with a 160% movement speed bonus.

>red 10 reporting in
looks like /egg/ is running out of energy

/ded/

>>Those are the only lasers I'd bother pumping several gigawatts of power through
good, cause you have no choice! You can only make arc lamp pumped lasers with elliptical cavities.

>>Everything has much lower efficiency at higher power and size.
Bullshit. NO ONE has made an arc lamp laser with an average power output in the gigawatt range. The only reason ChoDE does this is because lasers with this shape are easy to model.

Easy to model and most explored, probably. The US army is currently doing experiments with stacked fiber lasers in the 60kW range, and those are mobile.
The only lasers we've made in the gigawatt+ ranges are horrid enormous laser and capacitor complexes completely unsuitable for being put on a space ship. Quite a lot of them are used in fusion tests, in fact.

I'd be more worried about wavelength than efficiency on different types of lasers. Ce:LLF can get down to about 77nm or so with two frequency doublers and was about 30-40% efficient off the top of my head. It is a modded material and uses molten metal as arc lamp gas so it might not be that realistic.

So i tried looking at some drawings but i'm still a brainlet.
How does a constant voltage power supply work?
And a constant current one?

what is this pic from? Seems oddly familiar but cant place it anywhere

Doctor Who.
It's the episode with those ravenous microscopic shits that hate light.
And with "ravenous" i mean it, the guy had flesh not even a minute ago

ah of course it would be who. Should have guessed it. That fucking show had so much nightmare fuel...

GasMask: "are you my mommy?"

yeah that too. And the school cooks who turned the kids into ayys.

neither has REM

>catalog
>egg
>three qts
>and furries
I don't know how I feel about this.

/gbp/ usually has a cute op.

I'm fine with the qt animus showing up in my catalog but I don't know if it's worth also furries. Qt animus, qt skellingtons, and qt spaceships are the ideal catalog.

let's be real here
one is a broken mess, full of animoo, dicks and has no hope for future
while the other has thomas the tank memes

i don't get it
might have something to do with procelio

joke is to try trick reader into thinking post shits all over machinecraft being a broken game
then spoiler shows, the alternative is in fact machinecraft
leaving rem to be the only remaining target to take the previous shitting
/joke

The general for Five Cashgrabs at Cashgrab will be gone soon, they just had the word egg in this edition of their thread. Still, furries deserve only exterminatus.

i see
thankyou for the thorough explanation fellow /egg/man

>ywn partake in the orbital bombardment of furfaggotry

the main part in it is the suprise that's caused by 180 tonal shift when spoiler is revealed
usually humour is someway connected to defying expectations

i guess unless you're used to that sort of humour which then ruins the suspense in attitude

there is a whole set of so-called no-jokes
they defy that expectation by playing the punchline straight
a double flip if you will

which category do heathcliff comics fit in, then?

i'm familiar with double entendres but have you ever experienced a triple entendre?
>two fillipinos and a german walk into a bar
>the german whips out his caliper and spirit level to measure the roundness and trueness of the bar, then declares the bar to be of satisfactory standard
>meanwhile the filipinos are already drunk in front of the karaoke machine

might be because I'm ESL but I didn't get even a single entendre

that's 1/3 of the joke

alright, second entendre: german humor?
no idea where the filipinos fit in all this

hey, hey
german humor is no laughing matter!

unsymmetric designs are the best designs

Get another cricket. Double crickets are fun as hell with a cloak.

>no idea where the filipinos fit in all this
filipinos can be found wherever there is karaoke

drive.google.com/uc?id=0B5CdbqtIMPsUSm1UbkZEZzFsNEU&export=download

factorio just updated, here's a supply drop

never heard of that

are you at least aware that fillipinos call themselves flips in short hand?

where are the /egg/men on the spengies serb

actually, no, I wasn't
let's stop this before my retardedness keeps derailing the engineering games general from engineering

don't worry friend, being retarded means you belong here

Any tips for trading in Avorion?

just jew it

Because then we shall fix it
Through medical or... 'fun' means

>just jew it
Explain further please.

Is trade in avorion even worth it? I am focusing in mining.

>unsymmetric
>un

We try to keep this a respectable general. Don't post anime where it isn't absolutely necessary.

fine, nonsymmetrical then you knob

>nonsymmetrical

>nonsymetrical
It's dissymetic fool

asymmetrical

~t. kspg

>asymmetrical
>kspg
And next you'll tell us about """"center of thrust""""