>build planner
grimtools.com

Wiki encyclopedia
>grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>mods
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>Can't launch?
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/eZP4eDKZ
grimtools.com/calc/nZoX1plN
grimtools.com/calc/pZrGv4LN
grimtools.com/calc/4NOYpMXV
grimtools.com/calc/0V0Ay51Z
grimtools.com/calc/eZP4edJZ
grimtools.com/calc/q2MAJl42
grimtools.com/calc/RVvdygGN
youtube.com/watch?v=qbTgD9oY5LM
grimtools.com/calc/pZrGvK0N
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57333
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do I even want to take Necrotic Edge for an Aether/Vitality DK?

i think you get nothing from %phys if you convert all to elemental otherwise you would have the % bonus applied before and after the conversion

So I want to try inquisitor. Is dual pistol build the way to go?
I've already played a demo/arcanist pistols build and I don't want them to feel too similar so I'm thinking 2h rifles instead.
What's a good secondary class? Looking at the gear available, demo looks like the best.

Demo is probably the least gear reliant option. Whether you go 2h or dw shouldn't matter too much.

Thanks, I've arrived at something like this. grimtools.com/calc/eZP4eDKZ
A 3 button build + item abilities is already better than my old ones. Also necrotic edge seems almost exactly like zolhan's, except with the relevant damage type.

My concept is a tanky melee sword and board dude that does vitality and aether damage while lifestealing. I'm ok with Cadence being my main attack, but I want some support skills to make it less boring. The stuff I posted seems alright to me.
The first devotion I get is turtle, for obvious reasons, from there I usually just aim at the big devotion for my primary damage types and try to reach it.
It looks like the big devotion I should be aiming for is Rattosh, but all the relevant devotions for this damage type also give bonuses to pets. Does it mean that these devotions are subpar compared to others in terms of playing without pets?
Are there any other constellations I should be aiming for as a melee character of my type?
Also, how exactly should I go around converting my damage into aether/vitality entirely?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to fixing my badness again.
(reposting because thread reached bump limit while I was writing the post)

Don't play DK, they're unironically the worst class in the game.

I want a doujin about the necromancer girl from the loading screen getting captured by Kymon's Chosen, who explain the error of necromancer ways to her, take away her goth poetry book, wipe that crap off her face and give her a proper frilly ladylike dress.
During the course of her stay at the order she falls in love with the dashing and muscular warrior who captured her, so unlike wimpy acne covered necromancer nerds she is used to seeing around her.
After learning about her feelings and rejecting her crude advances for some time the warrior realises that she finally changed and proposes to her, they get wed by Father Kymon and live happily ever after, guided to happiness by the light of Empyrion.

can i ask why?

Post your current builds

>no segment where she gets possessed by Solael

dropped

Weak synergy, everything it does is done better with other combos.

But Bysmiel is the grill one, who's also into BDSM and pet-play. Solael is just a dude with a knife who'd probably want to sacrifice you to gain more power.

alright I need some things cleared up

I cannot use Reaping Strike since Boner Harvest isnt a default atk modifier right ?
Assuming I have Harvester because I play with 2 hand in hc like a man, and I also have Harbinger toggled on, what happens to my physical damage when using Bone? Since I have 100% phys to cold and 15% phys to vitality
Also, when using pic related as a weapon, what happens ( again ) to my phys damage when using Bone Harvest, with the 16% phys to acid ?
Lastly, since cold will be my main source of damage, am I right focusing on it in devotions and ignoring vitality for example ?
thx anons

I had no trouble figuring out poe mostly by myself over the years but grim dawn gives me headaches sometimes.

Is there a list/pic of Barrowholm nemesis spawn locations?

grimtools.com/calc/nZoX1plN

Testing this out. Asked about it in the last thread and I guess it will be just fine.

Are skills like phantasmal blade and bone harvest much better with a 2h weapon since they scale with weapon damage and those have higher damage?
reaping should activate by attacking normally with lmb while bone harvest is a skill you can assign to keyboard or rmb but won't proc reaping when used

grimtools.com/calc/pZrGv4LN

some more questions
I should focus on cast speed since BH is a spell right ?
does OA matters for spells? I dont know if Spectral binding is good for me, it gives OA but also aether damage and for now I dont care about it

Reaping Strike won't proc off of Bone Harvest itself, no. Any normal attacks you do inbetween can proc it.

As for conversion, this is a bit of a niche case but conversion on skill transmuters takes place before other conversions. So as far as Bone Harvest is concerned, all your physical damage will be cold damage and none of the other conversions will matter. If you deal physical damage elsewhere then conversion will apply as you expect it to. And yeah, you'll want to focus on cold devotions.

And I found one in Forlorn Cellar, fucker's fast as fuck.

So waht build will give me 15k health and at least 50k dps by level 100 with max resistances?

what second mastery are you going for?
I think oa should include spells, it affect hit rate and crits (some devotion are procced on crits), and spectral binding should be good just for the increased hp but maybe don't take it in normal and wait when you need more survivability

I'm working on dual pistol mage hunter, it's starting to get really cool but it'll surely get destroyed in ultimate Malmouth as it is. Inner focus and Deadly aim make for a yuge OA.
So far it looks like this grimtools.com/calc/4NOYpMXV

Cast speed won't matter much since it has a cooldown. You'll want CDR where you can get it, some endgame 2h weapons have it. Pic related will probably be BiS for what you want to do. OA matters for everything, since you want to be able to crit reliably. The flat health and OA on Spectral Binding are worth it alone.

i forgot this is from the last thread taken from the manual
>The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

>The Trip South
>The Journals about the woman that became a bloodsworn
>The Journal of the commander of Tyrant's Hold that question why his superior told him to disband his troops without pay and let them keep their weapons and armor

Why the writings so fucking good?

>grimtools.com/calc/pZrGv4LN

Tho i could use some help with the constellations. Should I just go tsunami + Raven to get the 5/5 Blue and green to unlock Kraken?

grimtools.com/calc/0V0Ay51Z
>tfw +3 to Emboldening Presence from a medal
Thinking about moving points to Blight Fiend and maybe Blood Pact to see if that allows him to tank the Barrowholm Nemesis.

this grimtools.com/calc/eZP4edJZ
and just started reaper grimtools.com/calc/q2MAJl42

Best class combo for a Cadence IT, Physical and Bleed build?

Soldier / Anything else

Any fun Sword and Shield builds that make me feel like a Paladin?

Take a look at the Valdun's set if you're okay with adding pierce onto it

I've seen that guy spawn to the North East of Barrowholm, I think near the mine. Shit is terrible when it spawns in the cellar, turns it into a rape dungeon as a wraith gets summoned right behind me.

Shaman has some good skills. Locust swarm has -Bleed resist and bramble vines are great for proccing the rend devotion skill. Theres also some great modifiers if you wanna go 2 hander.

nice

Any weapons with 0% Amour piercing?

Can anyone recommend me a good Reaper build for teleporting behind you?

Cadence, Physical, Bleeding and Trauma Shield Soldier with 80% + block chance, Shield Maiden, Obelisk of Menhir Targo the Builder and Anvil Devotions. Be sure to grab Zolhan's Revenge for picture related.

grimtools.com/calc/RVvdygGN im only level 35 running with a 2h gun, first playthru ever.

Maces in general tend to have low or no piercing ratios. The pierce ratio is the last thing to apply though so any other conversion you have will happen first and your damage won't really suffer as a result of a high pierce ratio.

pretty much any two handed weapons, maces and daggers (because daggers are always fully nonphysical as far as I know)

Pure Soldier?

Pure Soldier. You can always try anything you like with soldier.

>2h
>nightblade

You'll want another mastery for extra stats and utility skills regardless of what you do. If you're going a heavy physical damage route then Occultist is nice. Attack speed from Solael's Witchblade, OA/heal/phys res/p&a res from Blood of Dreeg, and physical resist reduction from Curse of Frailty are all great to have.

Like a Reaper build with lifesteal and pierce/cold damage instead of pets.

The CDR on Soulrend is hilariously broken.
youtube.com/watch?v=qbTgD9oY5LM

what can i do to increase energy regen on a reaper, amarasta blade burst and bone harvest are draining it too fast, i'm on level 16.

I'm going nightblade for max edge

I played many others builds but I really like this one, bone harvest, mixing some amarastas blade because of the CD on Bone, moving with SS, nice auras, the 2 masteries complement really well each other actually.
Isnt Bone pretty broken since its a spell that scales of main hand damage ? compared to PRM for example, which only does elemental as a base, being able to add all those little flat damage bonuses on gear to a spell really adds up.

>not making wall dude watch
>no NTR
bleb

ok thank you very much hope it drops eventually
really great itemization in this game

>feel like completing Challenger difficulty is impressive
>shit like this exists
It's not fucking fair, anons.
Not all builds can do it though; I shouldn't feel too bad.

grimtools.com/calc/pZrGvK0N
How's this devotion set up for a S&B Physical Cadence build?

same build i'm doing, as for PRM i read here grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57333 that got an item to make it scale with weapon damage to make it matter more on higher levels

Good lord, you do not know.

Could this apply as a Reaper?
Just cheat the item if you are desperate

ah thats nice I have a PRM sorceress going on, might keep playing her then.

yeah no defeats the whole purpose of those games.
I'm sure I 'll just stop playing the build when I get the item eventually.

Take 1 point out of crossroad blue, and swap Hawk for Dire Bear.

>Could this apply as a Reaper?
Maybe, hard to say so soon after the expansion. The potential is there though
That particular item is farmable anyway. It drops from Alkamos at the end of the Steps of Torment.

I guess I'll have to deal with my Paladin being called "Witchblade"

I know this is probably a stupid question but are the DPS values shown in the (If Equipped)/(Off-hand) weapon tooltip correlated with the ammo socketed into the currently-equipped guns? If so, how can I easily verify which one is better? I feel like I've had these equipped guns for the last 20 levels and I still wasn't able to find anything better.

Honestly leveling takes too long in this game. The expansion just made that feeling even worse as the later levels take for fucking ever and the levels offer almost no reward in comparison to the faster early levels. The game could really use some kind of checkpoint system where once you finish Normal/Elite on a character you can now make characters that start at level 50/75 with their devotions completed up to that point.

Listen just try pure soldier first, there's tons of skills your gonna want instead of wasting points on raising another mastery. I'm running pure soldier physical / trauma build and it's wrecking everything on ultimate

Pants on head retarded person here, is "+to all damage" 3 times better than "+to elemental damage" for elemental specs?

>explode random bookshelf
>lore note falls out

hold the fuck up

Yes, and there's really no other way than figuring it out from the stats or putting same relic into the new weapon. But don't stare at dps numbers too much, they matter less than procs and stuff

My entire built is based on auto-attack and skill procs, I thought in this case DPS would reflect closely my actual damage, wouldn't it?

+elemental% provides that bonus to all 3 elements

good thing this exists now

>filename
>price

>1 hour duration
>40000 iron
For what fucking purpose? Why are there gold sinks in a god damn single player game?

If you're at the point where you want to power level a character as fast as possible, 40k is a drop in the bucket.

Good question.You mean does it give + to elemental damage and also to each element seperately? I don't know.

Ignoring the cost, the duration serves no fucking purpose besides being annoying.

This could just be a toggle item.

>mfw it can be used in the crucible
Tell me it's possibru.

>press 6 to break the game

that's just retarded dude

tell me friends

what're the god builds

If you want to double xp permanently then you might as well just go all the way and cheat max level characters. No one will care, it's a single player game primarily. To design the game around permanently doubling xp would be stupid as hell though.

I don't see why not. I've used it in the campaign a bit after amassing a ton of quests and turning them all in at once, it's pretty damn nice.

Occultist with possession toggled :^)

I dont get it, if the cost is irrelevant how does changing the duration from 1 hour to infinite suddenly make this broken? All that happens with the current system is that you have to remember to rebuff yourself every hour.

If you want items that serve no fucking purpose, Just Take a look at all the shitty consumables vendors try to shove off on you.

Kinda, I read that +elemental is only 1/3 to fire, ice and lightning, while +all is a flat bonus to all.
So +9% to elemental damage is in fact only +3% to fire, ice and lightning, respectively.
While +9% to all damage would be +9 to fire, ice and lightning, making it a total 27% elemental.
So I'm wondering if that's the case or not.

+elemental% will fully apply to every element. It's flat elemental damage that gets split evenly.

Thanks for clearing that up

>that gets split evenly

Assume I deal 100 fire damage and 100 cold damage every attack.

I get +10% elemental damage.

Will I deal 105 fire and 105 cold damage or 110 fire and 110 cold?

>Pants on head retarded person here, is "+to all damage" 3 times better than "+to elemental damage" for elemental specs?
Physical Damage + with Soldier Cadence + Fully upgraded Discord

>40000 iron

lol just gd stash it

the latter

just look at your character stats

+elemental% will boost all elements equally

the only thing that gets split 3-ways is outright +elementaldamage

How will of rattosh and CoF interact? Do they override each other -% vitality debuff or stack it?

Is it time to let my Revenant bro retire? 5 more seconds of life to my 14/12 Primal Spirit gives it 7.8 seconds of downtime, not including the buffs to my pets in general that's also nice.

The short answer is they will stack.
To expand a bit there are 3 different forms of resist reduction
>-n% resist
Flat reduction, will stack with as many sources of it as you can get
>n reduced resistance
Flat reduction, only the highest will apply
>n% reduced resistance
Percentage reduction, only the highest will apply

The % reduction applies after flat reduction.

110 and 110. Although a single-type spell would probably have been 250 and has an easier time getting higher +%.

It's entirely dependent on the actual numbers.
Say you do 300. Elemental that's 100/100/100. +3% all damage makes these 103/103/103, total 309. +10% Fire gives 110/100/100, total 310.

So for element skills, a single-element bonus is cut in three, while for an elemental bonus it's the skill that was already cut in three to begin with.

You deal 100 fire and cold damage:
+50% elemental damage ---> 150 fire and cold flat damage

You deal 100 fire and cold damage:
+50 elemental damage ---> 116 fire and cold flat damage

Check your magical damage sheet, user; +10% elemental means +10% to fire, cold and lit.

What's the most fun class to pair with soldier?
Is dual-wielding elemental cadence tactician fun fun fun?