/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

WOMB OF DEMONS Edition

Previous adventure:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8p8bC0zk3hI
kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lohse is worst.

Lohse is best.

Adramahlikh is the best.

1. *cast Bless and shout DEMONE BEGONE*

Let's go chief!
youtu.be/8p8bC0zk3hI

remove demon conspirators

>he loses it when you suggest you can free him
I freed him. No regret.

Reminder that this game is full controller compatible and is super fucking comfy with one.

Can I make actually good armor with crafting, or just generic plain "white" items?

Fuck off and take your shit taste with you.

How viable is duo mage lone wolf on tactician?

Does this game have multiple endings? Like is there good/evil and other types of endings or does nothing you do matter and you get the same hamfisted ending regardless?

Play the game nigga.

>controller
>comfy

Everything in this game is viable thanks to consumable/craftables

lone wolf makes the early game arguably much easier as well, 4 man only outpaces it later on and it doesn't really matter.

He loves her the moste.

>Refusing to get comfy
You only have yourselves to blame.

1.What is probably the most effective composition for Div 2? I'm getting memed left right and center. Was running Wizurd Fane, Enchanter Lohse, Assassin Sebille, and Fighter Red Prince.

2. Where the fuck am I supposed to GO? or whats easier to go first? Into the fort? the Underground?

I don't want to do an evil playthrough and get a shitty you a good boy ending like the 1st game.

>elves are trees
How the fuck does this work.

That sounds so fucking hot

Less convolutedly than sucking liters of blood from the floor with your feet in your shoes to fix open wounds on your head.

There are good/evil endings and endings which could go either way

How do you reconcile this

By being the best race.

>tfw Adramahlikh will never be so deep inside you it would've bugger your soul

is it just me or does everything in this fucking game resist fire

Yep, which is why even despite its statistically highest damage output of all magics it gets out-DPSd by Aerothurge and Hydrosophist.

hehe im playing tactician lonewolf coop with my friend

he is pyro, im air

sad times for him

The undead dog who thinks he is death incarnate and summons 50 skeletons in Act II is not, fire is his lowest resistance.

It's just you

So that is what it means to choose Lohse as my main character in my first playthrough.
Rip Saheila im sure someone will miss you

kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503
Lucian is back by the end of Divinity II(FOV, to be exact), so OSII, where everyone's wailing for him to return, can't possibly take place after it.
You play as a Dragon KNIGHT, not a Dragon.

I vividly recall the actual Dragon in Divinity II because of a few things:
-He's in some cave that needs the guidance of three trees to get to
-He claimed that his very name is a spell that shifts reality
-He opened the entrance to the Hall of Echoes as if it's no big deal
-His mind is an esoteric vortex not for mortal minds to comprehend, but the very attempt at reading it causes you to gain bonus stats

>fighting the Undead Heroes in the Graveyard
Fuck this
I'm getting really sick of these fucking gimmick fights.
Is this what the rest of the game is going to be?
What a shit show

>Sahelia
I killed that bitch in Arx as Sebille

Dragon Knights are basically "touched by dragons souls" literally (Dragon Commander and his dragon-mom) or figuratively (any other Dragon Knight we've met, really). Dragons are, on the other hand, are extremely powerful Astarte-tier creatures that now exist mostly outside of Rivellon since it's full of brainlets.
Note that DK can only shapeshift back to it's original human/elf/lizard/etc/ form, and dragons are born like this and can shapeshift into any creature they want.

You can just knock out Lohse in that fight and she'll even be thankful for it.

That fight's pretty easy.
>get up the ladder
>teleport the lizard and rogue far away
>kill them one at a time.

>>kill them one at a time.
but they keep coming back

>Being a loser

No they don't. Just cc the guys that lack one type of armor while you deal with the others.

Just once for each.

thats neat to know but if I am playing as her im going all the way

First they rise naked, and when you kill them, they rise again with their gear. Then when they die, they stay dead.

How the fuck do I free the dwarves in Mordus' cellar ?

Thinking of Ego Draconis made me realize that OSII has a serious lack of Maxos worship and memeboi Bellegar.

One thing I'm really starting to dislike about this game is how often you get ambushed and you're pretty much never prepared to deal with hard encounters unless you know before hand.
You pretty have no choice but to save scum or hope you get lucky if you dont want to save scum.

Pull the lever on the wooden column closest to the door.

Urgh, thanks

Or when you start a dialogue with one character, walk the others slightly away behind them, so they can enter the fight on their own terms.
In co-op this unintentionally is the case, since we aren't all on top of each other, and one player triggers the ambush without others being in the zone.

What would the world post the demon ending look like?

Arx is so boring.

Like this.

Make one, two, maybe three of your characters flee and sneak-re-enter the battle with a bullshit skill while they're all stuck in limbo because it's your turn and you're not moving.

Might sound cheap and cheesy, but so are their ambushes, so fuck 'em.

something something secret of mana

Utopia

>want to play a bit after a shitty day at work
>at the Lich fight in Mordus' cave
>level 11
>feel my balls getting slowly busted as my party gets completely violated

Fuck yes

Should I be levelling warfare on my phys damage scoundrel even if I never intend to use any warfare skills?

>want to play a bit after a shitty day at work
>at Kremm's manor
I want to blow it up along with everyone inside it

Play explorer difficulty wagecuck, it's designed for you

>start new game on highest difficulty
>pick scoundrel, since its the class i didn't have in my first play
>get killed by the first encounter after i leave the boat

Yes, but shit like Phoenix dive might as well be used

When do I get to hire randoms/custom companions? I'm running out of options as I killed Lohse, Ifn, and Sibellwhatever in fort joy because they annoy the hell out of me

Act 2

You died to the two voidslugs?

explorer is probably more up your alley, brainlet

Waypoint out, go back to the cave entrance, teleport behind him. You now have height advantage and the possessed are easilt CC'd while you focus down mordus.

Yes. They just beat me to death in 2 turns, I am a melee character with low everything as a scoundrel.

No blly.

Not Mordus fight, I already killed him, the lich in his cave. As in his house

There is no reason not to pick the knock down skills for a single point investment. It's the best CC in the game.

Will I get more damage out of warfare than I will scoundrel? I really don't understand all the factors affecting damage in this game, other than weapon damage.

So as a scoundrel that dual wields daggers, my damage is affected by scoundrel, warfare, and dual wield. Should I be levelling all of those? just one? How do I spread these points

All schools have amazing single point skills, thats not exceptional.

where the fuck do I get the last rites necromancy? can't find any info online about finding it or crafting it

I'm in Act 4, and whenever I talk to the Red Prince the only convo option is "1. What do you think we should do next?"

This results in me being unable to dismiss him and do lone wolf with another character. Any fix for this? I've tried killing/rezzing him.

What's there to reconcile? Either you're in the 'games are art' camp and art is supposed to trigger powerful emotional responses. Or you're in the 'it's just a game, chill out' camp in which case chill out, it's jut a game.

>Open crate
>Lucky Charm sound effect and shit pops up alongside a reward
>I don't have any points in Lucky Charm
>My face when

Sure you're not wearing gear that gives you Lucky Charm?

100%, this was a new character on the tutorial ship. Double checked to make sure I didn't fuck up my civil stats and it's in Persuasion, no LC at all.

Where should you go first when you land on Reaper's Coast? Last night my friend and I made it to Driftwood, but with all the shit here I wasn't sure where we should go next. We tried freeing the Lizard we were supposed to see but we got fucked.

Warfare increases base physical damage, scoundrel increases the crit multiplier for said damage. Like huntsman, you only level it for the skill requirements and sink the rest into warfare.

why not pick up one of the companions you didn't kill

explore around town for quests, do them and go over the eastern river to the big graveyard for more shit to do
there is a nasty ambush near the graveyard so watch out
after that look for possessed dwarfes at southwestern side of the map when you are around level 11

Free her and flee the battle.

I'm playing Lohse on my 2nd playthrough, is there any downside to not snuffing out these candles aside from andramalamafam having more hp?

Warfare, Dual Wielding and Scoundrel are all a 5% increase, but they are not equal because they're applied at different stages during damage calculation. The order of effectiveness goes Warfare > Scoundrel > Dual Wielding.

Say your base attack damage is 30 and you have 20 points of FIN increasing that attacks damage by 100%, you're also backstabbing for 100% crit chance with the base crit multiplier of 150% meaning your attack deals the following:

>[Base Attack]30 * [Stat Multiplier](1.00 + 1.00) * [Crit Multiplier]1.50 = 90

Dual Wielding is the worst investment because its 5% bonus is ADDED to the damage increase you get from FIN - so adding a point in it changes the calculation to this:

>30 * (1.00 + 1.05) * 1.50 = 92.5

Scoundrel simply adds 5% to the crit multiplier on your attack

>30 * (1.00 + 1.00) * (1.50 + 0.05) = 93

Warfare is better because its 5% is applied AFTER stat bonuses, but isn't additive with crit multiplier so adding a point in Warfare changes the calculation to this:

>30 * (1.00 + 1.00) * [Warfare Bonus]1.05 * 1.50 = 94.5

This is sort of true, except for the fact that Scoundrel builds do invest points into Scoundrel after Warfare is maxed due to it being the next most efficient damage increase.

First time posting in this general, I just wanted to ask if terrible performance in Arx is normal.

I'm dipping below 40 fps in a few spots in Arx, I think the game was always at 60 fps lock before I entered this chapter.

That's pretty unintuitive.

They just need to standardise damage increases so that Weapon Skills are worth taking. If Dual Wielding's bonus was applied similarly to Warfare's instead of just being treated as another point in FIN it would be in a much better spot.

They could also probably do with increasing Scoundrels bonus to 8-10% since even with backstab critical hits aren't always reliable and there's no reason to not take Warfare since it adds more on crits as well anyway.

yes
arx is not polished, in fact it's rushed

pls

Malady dislikes you for it. Also you only have a certain amount of time to defeat Adram before Lohse is lost to his influence anyway so "just having more HP" can get you fucked over if you don't kill him fast enough. Of course the usual solution to this is to buff up a 1-hitter-quitter guy in your party and one-shot him before he even leaves his human form.

So if I take my level 10 scoundrel who has 5 points in dual wielding and none in warfare and Respec all 5 points so he now has 0 weapon skills and 5 warfare, his damage will go up?
Yeah that's p unintuitive

Yep
I get 40fps in the arx townsquare and i ran the rest of the game at 60fps 1440p

Yes that's exactly how it works. All Weapon skills are calculated in the way I explained which is why they are all shitty with the exception of Two-Handed which is only worth taking because it gives 5% crit multiplier in addition to it's shitty damage increase.

anyone elses saves brake after the latest update? Can't get my game to load and it's pissing me the fuck off.

Im around the start of act 2 and I currently have 2 mages in my party both specced into 2 respective elements with 2 in poly for the added utility. Im considering respecing them both to more general mages with no specialty, say 2 or 3 in each element, while eventually maxing poly for the extra damage increase across all schools.

My thought behind this is that dipping hard into 2 schools wont populate your bar with enough heavy hitters to have something useful to cast every turn causing me to lose turns wanding especially consdering how much more useful it seems to be to have 2 2 ap spells to cast per turn (like impale->fireball) as opposed to most 3 ap+1 ap combos. How valid is this line of thinking? I know that I can always change but doing this will pretty much lock me into buying a shitload of spellbooks and im already a tad low on cash since buying some new driftwood vendor spells.

Quick question or two having just finished the "tutorial" and a few hours on the island.

Can I play an """"evil"""" character? I'd like to as Fane or a custom character ....

What's the difference between Source and generic magic?

What's the best party comp? Tank, support, and two ranged damage dealers?

Are the Necromancy/Summon trees any good?

Thanks.

I'm just going to kill this guy. Talk me out of it. Why shouldn't I?