/vn/ - Banana Edition

Visual Novel General #1680

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/p5237
vndb.org/v20622
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mitcher!

Blood related mother impregnation

>you'll never split an order of juicy kaarage #1 with Mayuri
>you'll never happily greet her with a 'Tutturu!'

You should be able to solve this.

Ntr'ing your wife is way better.

Ching chang chong to the third power

So what we're basically saying here is pls translate the whole thing

Here you go friend: vndb.org/p5237

>NTR'ing
>Your wife
Uh?

Which Tina H-scene should I save up for?

The last one

You could easily cut out Sasa and nothing of value would be lost. However, the way the game updates the main menu by "unlocking" silhouettes would be awkward if one heroine was missing. See pic for what it looks like blank.

>Sasa is crap
Well shit, she looked cute.

Here's what it would look like with the silhouettes uncovered.

Konami a qt.

warms my heart to know that awaiting them is a life of being pariahs, hated and scorned by everyone

vndb.org/v20622
Hmm. Seems interesting indeed.
I should research further at some point.

I have heard you can permanently fuck up your playthrough of KT without a walkthrough, is that true?

Couldn't they just move somewhere else?

One thing Sasa does have going for her, is she has above average h-scenes, imo, because she has a wide variety of sexual positions. Compared to, say, Ushio who kinda got screwed with h-scenes; why did Ushio need multiple doggy scenes when there's no cowgirl/mating press?? Really disappointed me.

Not 'permanently fuck up' so much as 'permanently miss scenes without any way to see them besides restarting'. You can only get the Hisui/Kohaku threesome scene, for instance, if you choose it the first time the option comes up, and if you don't then you have to restart the playthrough.

That said, here's a walkthrough, good luck.

WTF

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i lost the scene fuck

>all in nip
WHY

I'm confused, according to I was being trolled with regards to this being translated, but then there's this guy who seems legit.
Is Mashimaro happening or not?

Don't worry, if you get 99% completion, and are literally only missing that scene, you'll get a special "teach me ciel-sensei" scene where they give it to you. Also there's a hidden scene select that lets you watch any scene in the game regardless of whether you've seen it or not but I'll never tell how to access it.

It's a Schrödinger translation

To start out with are you an optimist or a pessimist? This is important in regards to what answer you get.

For a moege it is pretty good - side characters that actually do something and have tons of sprites, excellent H and voice-work, etc. The untranslated eroge general on /jp/ was basically mashimaro general for a couple weeks in September.

Oh that's great i'm still fucking around trying to finish the first chapter only with the basic tips bu it's still nice to know that i don't need to replay various time to see everything

It could still be getting translated, but those pictures were not legit from a translation because the text was white, meaning they were made via the sprite editor Mashimaro includes in the Extra section.

>The college student has no route

I'm surprisingly enjoying hatsukoi 1/1. Part way on yukino, after I finished maya's route.
Bit too many h scenes, and they're too vanilla, but I sorta like the characters and the voice work.
Normally I do prefer more serious stuff like looseboy's VNs.

>mashimaro and sukisuki have a similar artstyle that i like
>neither are likely to be translated or be released

life is suffering

>Part way on yukino

Enjoy it while it lasts.

What about the student council president, tsukiyono usagi?
She seems relevant to my interests.
I expected way more perverted stuff. I have low expectations on that with just one or two scenes left.

>see this in the CGs
What is this expression called? It's hot and I need more of it.

Fucked silly.

That panda looks sad :(

The big flaw with Mashimaro, in my experience, is that the girl's route become a sex-fest too quickly. It starts out fairly slow until the confession scene, but after that you start reaching a point where the game literally becomes: H-scene -> short filler scene -> lead up to next H-scene -> H-scene -> rinse&repeat. There's a LOT of h-scenes, and it quickly overpowers what little plot the game has in favor of more ecchi time. So while the game is quirky and funny in the common route, the individual routes feel like 70% ero, 20% filler, 10% plot.

All in all, it's a great game for faps and group banter - although, once the "gang" has all gathered together they kinda fall into a rut of playing their role and become one-note in the process. So it does kind of drag on, once you've seen Raiha tease the MC for the 50th time, with Sasa apologizing profusely AGAIN, Kanon making some random usagi comment, and Ushio with her onee-chan stuff.

"The worst MC in a VN"

any donkan MC

Rance

Taichi Kurosu.

The "I'm denser than a black hole" MC

>not fapping to all of Tina's H-scenes

Fuck pandas. Those pieces of shit won't even fuck to save their species on their own. They deserve to be extinct

I'm sure there's some really awful cheap obscure VN out there with a complete neanderthal of an MC.

My vote would go to the MC of Hatsukoi, he's by far the dumbest I've experienced. The problem is that he's inconsistently stupid, which makes his low moments that much more infuriating.

>the individual routes feel like 70% ero, 20% filler, 10% plot.
The only exception to this is Kanon's route, which, while still a sex-fest, has quite a bit more plot than all the other routes, due to being the main heroine.

Whoops, wrong pic. Here's the one I wanted to post.

The weakling MC who allows himself to be cucked by fat ugly balding sumbitches

Then they shouldn't have made it 50 hours long.

You mentioned Tina? Here's the best Tina!

I agree, but that's just the reality of eroge - there's a ton of filler. Almost every single VN could lose 1/2-2/3rd of the bullshit and turn out better, but then they couldn't charge as much as they do.

The longer the game, the more they can charge.

And lastly, the H-scenes in Mashimaro are actually very long. So not only do you have a ton of h-scenes, each one lasts for a good 20-30 minutes. So there's a ton of "ahh, dame, kyaa, kimochii" repeated over and over. Anyone who plans to translate Mashimaro should be warned, and I sincerely hope they've played the game beforehand to understand what they are getting themselves into.

fucking hell, fags like him don't deserve qts and should get kicked in the nuts

I want to believe this is an edit and there is no MC this retarded. I know it isn't but I need to believe it to preserve my sanity

every
moege
MC
without
exception

and Shirou ofcourse

> So there's a ton of "ahh, dame, kyaa, kimochii" repeated over and over.

that's what ctrl+h then leaving it to your editor is for

is the fat rolling cat a metaphor for a philosopher rolling himself up sisyphus's mountain only to eventually die and roll back

I'm honestly shocked there's even people interested in translating Mashimaro given how recently it came out. What even prompted this to begin with?

It's a moege with a loli onee-chan

One guy and his mission to spam post Ushio

Well, considering that's the reason I picked it up myself, I suppose I can't argue with that.

The hero we don't deserve

>loli onee-chan

Kinda defeats the purpose.

>loli
>onee-chan
did you mean imouto

So a random JOP posting untranslated VN pictures caused someone to pick up said untranslated VN and start translating?

Interesting.

No, Ushio is actually a loli onee-chan. She's older than the MC by 1 year. And she's not really his older sister, she just plays the part so she can 'spoil' him.

Time to start spamming KKK

every day until you like it

It'll most likely get dropped anyways. I wouldn't get your hopes high.

Very interesting.

トロ顔 / torogao
It's as big as "ahegao" in Japan but in the west it didn't catch on for some reason.

>there are people in this very thread that can't appreciate loli onee-chans

It seems that since the anime aired the steam version of DI got 12k more downloads so there is a chance actually

Considering how Ushio crushed the official Mashimaro polls - both 1st and 2nd - apparently a lot of people liked the loli onee-chan. The 1st poll was strictly for the trial, the 2nd poll was for the full game. Here's poll #2.

This actually.
Spam enough and you'll get someone interested.

fug. That's a big difference.

#3 is a side character.

>Half-finnish last
Worst girl can't be like Maya. Hope it's one autist's spam.

>imouto with no route is more popular than half of the heroines

Poll #1 was even more of a blowout for Ushio, see pic.

Torikori is like 50-60. She still looks good but she's got to have saggy tits under that kimono.

>japs
>ever having good taste
Never take a poll as an indicator of best and worst girl

>Torikori is like 50-60.

So is Karula though.

Don't underestimate lolis.

To be frank, I was honestly shocked Raiha was so low in the final poll. The fact that even Sasa beat her was too WTF for me. I think it might have had something to do with her MarySue-ness, as she and her uber-rich daddy often seem to save the day. The Japs probably didn't like seeing their pure waifus having to rely on some dirty foreigner.

My personal ranking are: Ushio > Raiha = Kanon >>>>> Sasa

Kanon is a ponkotsu heroine, so she's quite a bit like Kaoruko from Wagamaa except she's all about baking cakes and shit instead of seitokai business.

Ushio is a loli onee-chan who often fails at being an onee-chan in funny ways. For example, during one of her and MC's dates where she was leading MC around, someone pointed them out and them and called them a cute 'older brother and younger sister' pair, which didn't make her happy to say the least.

Raiha is literally Maya from Hatsukoi (same voice+attitude) except she's a foreigner and acts a bit more arrogant.

Sasa is a picture book author who habitually apologizes over everything. She is downright insufferable and I honestly don't know how anyone could vote for her unless they really liked her H-scenes.

What's the other loli about?

No route so no point

Karura is in her early to mid 40s and doesn't wear granny clothes, so we can tell she's still fit. Also, giriyagina body types don't really change, so she wouldn't sag. Urthoriy is clearly getting saggy though because she doesn't have the muscle to support her like Karura does.

Shizuka and her brother are side-characters who pop up quite a bit for comic relief. She's VERY precocious and openly flirts with the MC, calling him dear husband and what-not, openly says she wishes she was 10 years older, etc etc. She's basically weapons-grade moe.

See pic, one of the many, many times she calls MC her "danna-sama" aka husband. MC never takes her seriously though, and they are basically a boke & tsukkomi routine when you get down to it.

Do the other girls get jealous in their routes because of her?

i guess fucking another woman?

anyone care to explain the end of subahibi to a brainlet who didnt get it?

The girls do not get jealous over Shizuka, but they DO get quite jealous after you pick a heroine, but it doesn't last long. They don't dwell on it but every now and then they make a snide comment about being jealous or envious of heroine X, wishing they had a bf, etc etc.

All of humanity has one soul that sees events through different perspectives, the world has already ended and time is looping, Ayana is a supernatural being who retains her memory when time loops.

Yuuma from Hatsukoi 1/1. He brings down the entire VN with his stupidity, ranging from "what? these things on your chest, they're getting hard? naples?" to being unable to make a fucking sandwich.

Well, it's still a VN I really like because it has Maya, at least.