previous thread
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
No news whatsoever. Some paid roguelike crap but no one cares.

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex) devnull soon

Other urls found in this thread:

angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=123699&postcount=128
gfycat.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cogmind!

Is gay

Hey, at least you spoiler them now.

YOU HAD ONE JOB
TO NOT SHIT UP THE THREAD

It's not like there was any hope anyway.

>dead general
>dead genre
At least I have nethack.

So haven't played in a while, what happened to PCB? The dev lost internet access and redid a bunch of stuff? Someone named clouded and him got into it so he purged a ton of crap from the game out of spite?

What's going on exactly?

>hey fellow rlgoers
>I heard [insert a bunch of oddly specific allegations here] happened question mark?

What i don't enjoy about ToME is the fact that there are no endless dungeons i can repeat for safe exp and loot.

Every dungeon feels like a dice roll, with me hoping i will find a decent piece of gear this run.

/rlg/ is supposed to be a board for roguelike enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple posts about ToME, a game infamous in the genre for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and autistic gamers.

ToME posters plague /rlg/ constantly, and are some of the worst posts on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average ToME fan, which is not and could ever not be a roguelike enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore gamers that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /rlg/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general "ur game isnt a roguelike" warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the general.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /rlg/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to ToME, be it games, screenshots or namefags. I'm sure that the quality of the general would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that ToME fans are not welcome on /rlg/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.

To explain, I went into the changelog thread for 7.0.2 and saw a ton of salt being tossed about:

> Given the sentiments expressed in chris' removal of clouded's content contributions "out of personal disgust for the contributor," and in his removing the easy_lore and easy_id options because "players of this ilk deserve neither respect nor consideration of any kind," and so on (taken verbatim from commit messages), I rather expect he intentionally means any posting of such games to the forums and ladder at all so as to minimize visibility and playerbase of sub-variants that he considers morally wrong to enjoy.

(To explain, the PCB dev asked people to make sure they differentiate between PCB, PCBR, etc.)

Just trying to figure out the drama. Is anything going on with it? I guess he removed Blue Mage and redid a bunch of monster / vault stuff?

Grinding is shit and boring, why the fuck would you WANT to do it?

You wish the game had more opportunities for mindless grinding? You wish that instead of requiring you to take risks and think about your choices, all obstacles in the game could be (and would optimally be) overcome by simply grinding up more exp and gear?

yes

Well you can't use Beyond The Flesh without fucking your damage as Posessor, but you can at least telekinetically wield a massive statstick like a physical Staff and get all the bonuses without having to actually turn the sustain on.

Found it: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=123699&postcount=128

Apparently the drama comes from the dev accusing a big name player of cheating after he got mad at the changes.

So what all did they change from 6 to 7?

you're asking this in elona poz general what do you expect

Most of the autism happened in 7.0.2

The only really annoying 7.0.0 change I remember is telepathy only showing monster glyph (which might matter if there weren't a rod of detect monsters you could use to see it anyway at the cost of more keypresses). I think I got gangbanged by a roper once or something with the free action changes but whatever.

Why the fuck is "delete world upon death" an option in CataDDA? Why is this not hardcoded to be an automatic thing when the player dies??

Actually, reset world upon death should be the default.
Sometimes you don't want to have to create a whole new set of world settings for your next character.

Shouldn't you just save the changes to default so that you don't have to do that every time to begin with?

Also a solution and probably a better one, but would require more contributor hours to implement.

on one hand I'm happy that GearHead development is alive, on the other I really wish the author sat the fuck down and focused on one of the games.

But it seems he's doing that now, so I guess maybe in a year or so I'll get to sit back into the cockpit.

>get stuck with immovable if you choose to play ogre possessor
>oh well at least treants are cool
>wrathroot is a giant
Fuck you game.

what game?

Aren't there world options in the main menu settings you can adjust, along with a preset list of mods you save to use every time you start a new world?

some roguelite

I was more thinking along the lines of "world creation no longer being a thing".

Just finished Lair. I've found some pretty neat rings and sword.

That would be much cleaner and I like the idea

>scimitar

have fun fighting hydras, lmao!

that rF+++ ring makes an ok swap if you need the rF but should be off otherwise
rest is great for where you're at

I'm a spellcaster

Take off the resist ring which makes you stupider, less stealthy, and shittier at fighting.
Put that shit on when you need to take poison or fire damage.
In fact, both of those rings are resistance swaps. Don't you have any rings of stealth/wizardry/ev/prot/+stat?

left is useful enough that if they have nothing better it's an ok general purpose, toggling it for 50% of fights isn't worth the trouble of 2 dex

Managing over a dozen orcs is too complicated. What if there were a god like Beogh, except he just gives you one very powerful orc.

What if there was a god like that, but you were the very powerful orc.

This sounds like something out of an inspirational christfag copypasta

What do you think of my goal?

gfycat.
com/DisastrousdenSechimPanzee

What were the big changes in 7.0.2?

Because bones files are fun.

The autismal ones were removing clouded's monsters and vaults because the mere mention of the name drives him into a frothing frenzy and removing options because, well, the commit message speaks for itself
>I don't think the game should make this sort of behavior more convenient and players of this ilk deserve neither respect nor consideration of any kind.

>Beogh best god
>implying

is brogue a roguelike?

I almost won recently but i died

tfw you die and xom brings you back

Xom takes care of his precious teddy bears

This, but unironically.

If Xom's favorite thing is a teddy bear, does that make Xom a loli?

Xom is whatever he wants to be.

Could Xom be a good god?

Xom is just a nice guy who wants to have fun.

Why are the vegas knights so based?
/hoc/ roguelike when?

>page 10

I've never touched tinkers before. What in the world am I supposed to do with them?

Just pulled a 15 runer Ds of Xom in 78k turns and 6 hours real time today

Feels like this might have been the top optimal play of my career

Congratulations.

do minotaur necromancer next

that wouldnt be nearly as hard

kiku allows holy weapons,grants torment resistance and I would just need enough int to cast animate dead

>necromancer = kiku
Dumb post.

I wish ADOM had Crawl's religion and spellcasting and literally nothing else

what are you on about

he's the optimal god for a necromancer in extended

You can't have a game with only two extraneous systems. Like, how do you move or select your character?

>implying there's anything else in Crawl than religion and spellcasting to begin with
Even when they decide crawl's melee is too mindless (go figure) and implement Sil strafing what do they do? Attach it to a new god.

>picking god based on what's optimal for your fully realized background in extended
This is why people lose games.

>not going Trog as DECj because it showed up in the first 3 floors and in Crawl you're meant to take what you are given

I really dont get your point

When is a sword and shield better than a war hammer or a spear? From everything I can tell, only artifact or magic medium sized weapons have value. Even if you max skills for a sword it has less damage output and less armor piercing/crushing. A silver spear is better than a silver sword to kill a ghost.

Double wielding a lightning rapist and an ice mace I understand, but an earth hammer is more powerful.

Also can someone explain armies to me? If I have a plate mail early game regular bats wreck me but if I wear a cloth tunic they easily die. Do metal armies take increases shick damage as well?

my nigga

>3 (three) followers on my android run
Call me Doriath because I'm SLAYING this bitch!
How are your runs going?

Chris doesn't have internet for most of the year, nobody knows why, it's been speculated he's either a hobo, a ranger capable of casting create food or an antartic researcher.
Clouded is a really cool dude that won PCB at its highest difficulty, made his own for to curb a bit of 'tism and annoying things and made a ton of new uniques and monsters
Chris went on a true shitfit in his last appearance (the fact he probably has legit autism is pretty popular by now) and deleted all his contributions because THAT'S NOT HOW THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED. He's been doing that for a while now, but he went full retard this time.
7.0.2 is considered the worst implementation of PCB on that regard, because of how costrictive the gameplay feels and how godawful boring it is. Moreso than regular PCB, which is actually a feat.

Don't forget
>If you look at monster spoilers you're literally cheating

>[c]louded... made his own [fork]
Not true, by the way.
>the fact he probably has legit autism is pretty popular by now
According to whom?
>considered the worst [version] of PCB on that regard
By whom?
>7.0.2 != regular PCB
It's literally vanilla.

>Not true, by the way.
Didn't he?
I remember him saying that he removed ambushes. Maybe he was speaking of a collaboration with another forker?

me
hello yes it's me again
yes and it's shit

I mean if you literally enjoy playing without easy_lore you might just be a very special person yourself and that's the change between 7.0 and 7.0.2
also I've been playing variants for years now and the removal of clouded monsters makes it feel like part of the game is just missing
>but I can just add the spoilers from a file
yeah, and?
Who even enjoys the ID game? It was bad enough with regular ID being *ID*, now that I have to go back to *ID* shit this is a major turnoff.
This version broke everything and chris is a fucking idiot
not to mention his paranoia about clouded

Indeed, 7.0.2 was a downgrade from 7.0.1 in many many respects, but saying stuff like "it's well known that", "the popular theory is", etc. when it's just your own opinion is for huge fags.

but everyone here thinks that

At least this time you didn't attach "it's commonly regarded" before your baseless claim.

You'll get there one day, bud.

Alright then user what do you think about this whole thing
do you think chris is justified in his actions
do you think that he might have exaggerated a little
what do you think he should have done
do you think clouded was in the wrong
do you prefer vanilla

I haven't played 7.0.2 mainly because the changes look fucking retarded.
The drama is ridiculous too, and Chris made a bad move for his variant out of pettiness.

All this nonsense about it makes me want to continue a new PCB fork in the vein of pepcb and R.

But my main point is still: stop posting like a fag.

I agree on all those points

>run from a hydra i can't fight
>it spams stinking cloud on me
>die because i have a 110 damage poison stack ticking on me
and i have barely any hp in the first place because i'm playing one of your shitty bloat races that have a ludicrous experience penalty
love the new changes

>go through all of lair, D:15, orc, both S
>0 useful weapons from oka

zzzzz

Carry some healing items bro. And teleportation items, very important too.

died to an entropic weaver or whatever this new meme enemy is called because im retarded and forgot about the existence of ranged attacks.

also i ran into orb spider orbs like 5 times.

feels good to be awful @ crawl again after a streak of wins before i quit :^).

Anyone else never 3-runed but multiple 15-runes?

I always get too attached to my character and don't want to just end the game on 3 runes, even if I'm not likely to make it through extended.

>lost internet access
not a recent development.
he's always lived on a submarine or a log cabin in antarctica or some shit

every version release comes along with a note saying "by the way I haven't accessed the internet since (date several months ago) so I haven't yet responded to any of the suggestions or bug reports posted on the forum since then"

>implying DE^Trog is bad
that god is intentionally imbalanced and overpowered on every race

>By whom?
by the one (1) guy you're responding too, the guy who only ever plays PCB-R and only ever does retarded cheesy nonsense with androids and ironman_vaults and forced_runesword

15 runing is for fat, impotent gays.
3-5 runing is where all the svelte, virile, young men may be found.

>fat gays
Gay men are the least likely sex/orientation combination to be fat, though.
So you probably meant fat failed breeders

I meant what I said.

Then you are wrong and silly

Listen, punk. Everyone who plays DCSS is a gay. The people who 15 rune are fat and impotent, the folks who 3-5 rune are lithe and potent. Exception for the coreans who all 15 rune because of their general lack of homosexuality and poor genetics.

My logic is sound. I have tested this.

>Everyone who plays DCSS is a gay.
If everyone who played DCSS was a gay, then DCSS would be fabulous, not bland.
DCSS devs are obviously not gay, so either your hypothesis is wrong or DCSS devs don't actually pl-
FUCK

>run away from thing that can cast spells in LOS
it's called a teleport scroll.

I never expected to be able to drown uniques outside of town too.

Enjoying the new cheat addon but also legit?

Still not as strong as Archmage.

Doesn't requiere extreme autism, that makes it superior.