papercastlegames.itch.io/underhero
twitter.com/saint11/status/872098481057517568
pcgamer.com/try-the-demo-for-underhero-a-2d-rpg-starring-a-villain-turned-hero/
unrealengine.com/marketplace/advanced-cel-shader-pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to bully an indie dev

>makes an early thread just to fill it with useless shit
I love this meme!

How do I build that actual game map in love2d? Do I basically have to make an editor? If so where can I look in terms of resources?

is anyone going to say anything about all the high profile games that have simply disappeared from agdg? what happened to sourcerobe?

Sorcerobe is on hold while they finish Fight Knight.

Why use Love when Godot 2.1 exists?

twitter.com/Zambuseta/status/918662023336091650

I like that it's super lightweight, I can work purely in a text editor instead of a GUI, and I'm not really locked into doing things a certain way. It's very freeform.

So is that the end of your list

This. I mean yeah, there's some barriers to working with a scripting language when it comes to OOP based design but it beats having to learn some engines language, syntax rules, and how to get around them.

also I really like lua as a scripting language. gdscript is extremely similar to python and I detest python.

i signed a contract with nodevs

Goddammit I keep getting problems with angles.

I honestly don't understand how people can make games purely with text and not have a GUI editor for setting various things up.
But I guess to each their own.

>Yooka Laylee removes Jontron cameo
>gets poor reviews and mediocre sells
>Hat in Time keeps Jontron cameo
>gets great reviews and fantastic sells

PURE COINCIDENCE

Haven't posted anything here for long time since I wasn't deving. Recently I released a thing.
Game is nothing fancy, but I just wanted finish something before jumping on bigger project.
If someone would like to check it:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Ozi.Unbolts

whats the bug?

>contains ads
nah. But congrats I guess. Although this isn't a release general, this is a general for posting progress of games in development, and THEN posting the release.

Could you like, at least find something that has the current year on it?

>associating your game with SimLoli once it's beyond the infant stages and worth actually showing

just imagine the backlash once Tumblr finds out that dooting skeleton game came from here

Do you really think he cares?

it's a troll thread that was made half an hour before the bump limit

I promise that you care more than anyone else in the entire world.

whoof, finally cleared my last major hurdle - a functioning lobby. Had to build a new custom Network Manager derived from Unity's built-in one to tweak some functions to allow for it to work, since Unity's built in lobby stuff was breaking my game.

Pretty happy with how its working so far! Got some bug squashing, balancing, and some other finishing touches, but I'm hoping to release the itch.io version next Friday!

Spazzing skeletons, can't have that too unrealistic

I posted progress earlier when I was more into making it. Just recently went back to project and because it was mainly fixing everything, I didn't posting here.
As for ads, it's one banner in main menu and video when you post score online, and it's only once a day, and I'm asking player if he wants to do it. So no ad spam at random moments, I know that it is annoying.

>I care more than tumblr about literal pedophiles

kek ok

the only thing worse than lolidev is people who regularly whine about his supposed association with /agdg/ and all of its devs

there's a reason hopoo, a literal millionaire with agdg roots, posts on tumblr frequently and never ever here

how do I get my pong paddle to not be a gigantic pussy that's afraid of the ball?

Because he's a faggot who uses tumblr? What's your point?

why do people care if a dev posts on agdg? isn't this place a bit too obscure?

>moving the goalposts

thanks sweetie, I needed that internet argument win for a quick boost before bed

hopoop leaving /agdg/ for its discord very likely has more to do with a constant stream of shitposting and people who constantly try to make lolidev and other shitters into a bigger thing than they actually are than lolidev himself

I'm not the guy you originally replied to, I just don't see why you think tumblr makes for a good appeal to authority.

I actually prefer lolidev to googem.

Lolidev when compared to dirtydev:

(A) Actually post progress
(B) Is objectively a better artist
(C) Isn't a shit poster
(D) All the Above.

Hello Danny

>hopoop
What game did they make?

you guys are obnoxious faggots. this general usually has some of the most unoriginal and retarded shitposts

LEWD JAM WHEN?

Thoughts?

papercastlegames.itch.io/underhero

february

How many furfaggots are in here?

The GUI is only really useful for level design. A framework like love2d is nice because it handles pretty much all the graphical and audio stuff while you program the rest . And if you even wanted to you could build a gui/drag drop editor for visual design reasons. Also, if I remember correctly love2d is built on SDL and Opengl with C++, so it gets better performance than stuff like godot or gml.

At least three or four.

You forgot that Lolidev also isn't Gaben's street hoe, get on that corner gogem and earn him money, he good to you, dumb stupid hoe.

do you have any of the stuff they make?
i need it.... for science

Kek, why are you using physics?

dang, lookin' good

all these unity tutorials are telling me to use physics2d

That looks like a feature to me.

make your paddles kinematic bodies

gdscript and lua are the worst parts of both of those methods of game dev.Duck typing is the devil and lua has retarded meme shit like counting from 1 and doing shit like typing and instead of using an actual operator. Just thinking about it makes me angry. Fuck lua, fucking commie rat pig motherfuckers, get fucked faggot fuck you nigger kike retard.

Not enough.

get rid of the ball and just make the paddles fight it out

>2016
But why?

as a reminder that you have made almost zero progress since then

Great job with making the movement smooth. The forms also hold their shape well. Their movement in 3D space is good. Few crits:

- Doesn't have enough snap. Kind of like she is moving through molasses. Emphasize the extreme change in form to get a good snap (fully drawn back -> complete swing with blur). The two frames that start the swing dull this snap.

- The movement itself doesn't make sense. There are no counter acting forces against her swing. As if the sword is doing the movement, and she is being moved by it. If she is the one forcing the sword down, there needs to be a counteracting movement in her body that generates that force.

- Force force of the action doesn't follow through, it rewinds. After she does the motion, the force should continue on its path and be used to get back to the start. Right now a magic force is generated in the opposite direction of the initial force to return her to the start

I made a quick edit that mostly addresses #1. #2 and #3 are more fundamental issues. But as for the fitness of this animation in the context of the game I think its just fine.

If you're using a tutorial then doesn't the tutorial tell you what to do?

"Actual" Pong doesn't use any complex physics, it just flips the direction of the horizontal/vertical movement when it collides with something.

is it possible to take an image, convert it into a texture, scan for a particular color and then replace it with a different one, before rendering? i'm guessing it is, but why do people normally just use a separate image for palette swaps?

Well it only took about two years but these guys behavior is finally back to normal, but now on a pretty solid non-prototype system.
I think this is it, every system seems to be pretty solid and it's all set for enemies/content to start being added.

TWO SWORDS
ONE IN HAND
ONE TELEPATHICALLY CONTROLLED
SKELLYS DON'T STAND A CHANCE

I really want to sit down for like an hour and fix the colors on your game. Everything looks so washed out. Post a png screenshot if you want me to try

two swords
tch
ack

Thanks for the feedback! Duly noted for the snappiness.
As for the movement, I animated it knowing that it doesn't make full sense, but I'll definitely put some work into making the follow-through look better.

Is this good info?

twitter.com/saint11/status/872098481057517568

Do these people know how to market?
I've never even heard of this.

wew lad

Something feels off about this portrait and I'm not sure what

Also working on fixing my year old shitty collision code behind the scenes

His hair is twice the size of his head, and comes out at an odd angle.

How do you market? Posting on /agdg/?

pcgamer.com/try-the-demo-for-underhero-a-2d-rpg-starring-a-villain-turned-hero/

Well thanks user that'd be swell, spritework takes ages for me and they always can be changed later so I tend not to focus too much time on it.

I don't market because I don't even have a functional protoype yet.
You bet your ass once I do I'll be marketing from the word go.

I've been learning more of Vulkan in the last two weeks, so I decided to veer off Overv's tutorial once I knew how to allocate vertex and index buffers and quickly integrated my BSP loading code. No texturing and lightmaps, so the colors are copied from the positions in the vertex shader. Depth buffering also isn't being done. Here's the menu map you see in the Demo Day 16 flyby.

I'm suddenly getting flashbacks to 2012 when I learned to display this in OpenGL. It feels nice.

Really? The hair does look a bit big, but seems generally fine in my opinion. Been trying to fix the face and eyes for a while now.

What a massive waste of time, I say this having done it myself.

I just link to bgfx, assimp, sdl and imgui nowadays.

this. the small perf gains aren't worth it unless you're a AAA dev

Called me?

Truly you're almost ready for $23,000 a month on patreon. Here at /agdg/ we're known as the place niche fetish games are made because we have no standards or shame. All furries and degenerates submit your desired content here and I'm sure some starving nidev will make you a subpar catering fetish game for THAT GREEN BABY.

and you'll be shit at it.

Maybe, but at least I'll make a concerted effort right from the word go.

Fuck off you vile furfag.

Thats the spirit

love you too senpai

At least he's making a game unlike you

To be fair at least every other day I tell my dog to "yiff in hell furfag" so it's not even an insult at this point.

unrealengine.com/marketplace/advanced-cel-shader-pack

is this any good?
the screenshots look like shit
but it says it has a lot of diferent pre-sets

looks like shit

copy and paste some shader code or look into how borderlands did it and put more effort into it

ive gotten used to the salt
never gonna stop posting here
i like the banter
and the criticism is always harsher(and most of the time better)
I like agdg

Nobody cares, subhuman.

Is doing this really that hard?

whoa... so this is the power of unreal

>and the criticism is always harsher(and most of the time better)
Truly, you are retarded. There is maybe one or two instances per thread of constructive criticism if you're lucky.

Lmao, why not just make your own cel-shader?

Are you the furry dev who plugs diffuse into emissive?

(Not him) That doesn't look any better on my monitor. I think the main problem with his game is lack of contrast, rather than tones. Everything would look 100% better if there were more colors than brown and more tiles.

That's when you know it's home to be honest. Whenever people talk about /agdg/ turning on them they act like people sucking a dev's dick is the natural state of things, the natural state of things is banter, sometimes pretty harsh banter, but if you persevere its endearing and people will stick their neck out for you. Loli-dev gets shit on all the time but people still stick their neck out for him because he's /agdg/ regardless of how much some people want him not to be. same with googs and whoever shitposts constantly sometimes, I think its rotate but I don't even know anymore.

It's about the sword.