/v/ The Musical V - Aftermath Edition

It was a fun month once again with a fantastic result at the end of it. So good job on another great release everyone, no matter how big or small your contribution has been.! Enjoy it and talk about it in this last thread!

Videofags make sure to message greene on youtube if you're done with your video once these threads are dead.

Bandcamp with download links and unlimited streaming: vthemusical.bandcamp.com/music
Video Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ
Whole download + DLC: mega.nz/#!208HxLaT!ADS4jb_EqjrXDPPNWIl6ZfPRTVIeDkzu0U0u9GtSSHE
Individual CDs: pastebin.com/73MTHgF8
Youtube Playlist: youtube.com/watch?v=PwzzVdbrz20&list=PLMj7raxM5vDMX2caUvPDZuHIWHk_I3bbu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2Afw0BLRq0VwrKzpLNf2yu
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
youtube.com/watch?v=tCDbSMEwA84
picosong.com/w3bwC/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Roco, K, Taff, Baka, t1fa pls post feet

Fun things are fun!

Fuck off with this shit already.

I'm going to go make several random obscure General threads just to push you to page 15.

>when you call someone a poo poo head in the last thread thinking it's over but now you awkwardly have to share another thread with them after the hurtful thigns you've said

Should have made a /v/ thread you faggots! Better make one tomorrow or I'll insult you all again!

I don't take offense from petty insults. Now answer the question.

You're not me! What the heck.

I'll make one tomorrow. I promise.

>still linking the all musicals video playlist
That one is ordered by date. The /v/ the musical V playlist has it's own thought out order to it. Link that one instead. People can easily get to the all musicals playlist anytime they want. This is the second thread you guys fucked it up so people aren't going to watch the intended order of the videos.

When you make this complaint, link the playlist you're mentioning in your post.

There really isn't much of a thought out order though. I just put them at semi-random making sure the same videofags are spread out a bit.

Sorry, but we got plenty of BV and anonmememous's feet if ya want.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2Afw0BLRq0VwrKzpLNf2yu

It's comfy wind-down time anons, what were your overall thoughts of this year's Musical? There was a lot of dumb circlejerk memeing, a couple of singfags went MIA unexpectedly, videofags seemed to burn out in week 2, and even so some really impressive collabs happened between some new faces and old. We've produced a lot of great content despite all the video wiping and doc autism.

I'm really proud of you all. Thanks for memeing with me.

Consistently highest quality out of all years. Even most newcomers sounded incredible. Videos were a little slow, but that seems to have grown into just one facet of the musical over these past few years. There is a shadow canal and they do control the weather

The same shit as every year. Strong start, godawful weeks 2 and 3, insane recovery in week 4. Not enough /v/ threads, too few commited videofags. Outdated organisational structures. Too much IRC. Increasingly hostile climate in certain regards. Some well-meaning people were legitimately more annoying than the people actively trying to sabotage this.

But the result made it all worth it and nothing in the world could keep me from doing the same shit again next year with you beautiful fuckers.

I think this year's is one of the best in vocal quality. Sure there were some.... questionable takes but the bell curve leaned more towards the good part of the graph.

>godawful weeks 2 and 3
This is factually false though. Week 2 had almost as many songs done as week 1 this year. Week 3 was lower than other weeks but still higher than previous years.

>Not enough /v/ threads
Disagree. That might have been the case in the very last week, but in the other 3 weeks I'd actually say we'd had too many /v/ threads. We don't need to have them daily after the first week.

Those weeks may have produced some great songs but they were painfully slow and uneventful aside from watching /v/ threads die and spreadsheet vandalism. 4 weeks is just too much.

Nah.

That statement doesn't even make sense.

Different user, but even if every week is amazing it's too many weeks and I hate it. It is 1 or 2 too many weeks.

nah

Yeah

maybe

You do know you don't have to be her for 4 weeks though right? I mean, for someone who thinks it's too long you're still here for some reason.

I literally have to be here every minute of the musical, it's in my contract.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Let's just extend it to two months then, I mean no one has to be here for the second month if they don't want to right?

The sad thing is that you probably thought this was a good and witty argument

The sad thing is that you thought this was a rebuttal.

You are free to extend the musical to two months if you want. Everyone else will still finish up and ship in a month and ignore you during your second month, but you are totally free to do it if you want to.

Hey, technically you guys are content creators now, so why does the content have to stop now that /v/ the musical is done? Make other song parodies and release them on your own! Or even learn how to edit and make your own content!

Just don't shill them on this website, you know how people get.

That's not a rebuttal to the criticism.

Problem wasn't the frequency of the /v/ threads, it was the quality. People either didn't even bother to participate or just dumped their lyrics, filling the first 15 posts of a new /v/ thread with overwhelming autistic stuff or circlejerky in-jokes that would completely overload any newcomer. People need to rekindle their love for actual Veeky Forums threads at some point, or we might as well rename ourselves "Veeky Forums the Musical".

This only works if you're a singfag.

>what were your overall thoughts of this year's Musical?
Probably the best one yet all things considered. Singers were great, both the returning ones and the many new ones. Writers were pretty great as well, aside from the overabundance of Todd and Valve lyrics, because we've got quite the diverse range of topics. Videofags also produced some videos of the highest quality. Really impressive stuff. Docfags/organisefags also did a pretty great job despite the many trolls and saboteurs.

All in all I has a lot of fun an am proud with the results.

Things to improve next year: encourage videofags more and get a new spreadsheet owner.
The videofags we did have were great, and I'm sure the ones who are still hard at work are great as well, but we need more new blood now that the old videofags are dropping like flies. Give them more (you)s, give them some good tutorial, whatever.
As to the docowner I think we all know the problem there so I don't think I need to elaborate much. Just give it to one of the other docfags who've done a great job this year.

It doesn't help that /v/ pretty much sucks mad cock anymore.

Yes it is.

Hey guys. Name something you're hoping to see happen in VVVVVV

You forgot one thing.
MAKE MORE TODD SONGS SO WE CAN HAVE A FUCKING TODD ALBUM

people stepping out of their fragile self-worth and accepting that there will be better content made so they shouldn't feel ashamed to try singing/editing

Nope.

MAKE MY SONG

>VVVVVV

youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0 this in whatever form it could take. Maybe with husbandos.

videos and songs specifically written to have videos. It's /v/ the Musical after all, not /v/ the Band.

Nope. If the point of the argument still stands, it's not been rebutted. The criticism still stands that setting any arbitrary date and then people just don't have to adhere to it can be applied as an argument by nature to ANY date, thus making it not and argument for a specific date, has not been rebutted. Now you can feel free to come up with some rebuttal for this, or you can act like a retard and post meme images and none arguments. however when all you do is make non-arguments and one-word posts that's great for me because it is simply conceding that you cannot refute the point. So go nuts fag.

>videos and songs specifically written to have videos
A lot if songs are. It's just not realistic to expect them to get a video.

The criticism doesn't stand because it doesn't make sense in the first place. You can carry on into November if you want, the only difference is you'll be alone in doing that and no-one else will care or even notice that you did, just as you can also skip weeks 2 and 3 if you dislike them, and once again no-one else will care or even notice that you did. There is literally nothing stopping you.

I think we have very different ideas of what "written to have videos" means then

Just ignore him dude

That's not what I said. You can't even understand the simple premise here.

>Initial premise: The end date of the musical is meaningless because anons can just participate in the musical however they feel.
>Criticism: If the end date is meaningless and arbitrary like that, then there's no reason for us all not to officially set the end date to two months and then, as you say, if you think it's too long you can just not participate in the whole thing.

No-where contained here is the suggestion that I personally should extend the date for myself, and so suggesting "Haha okay well you personally then can bla bla blah" is not an argument, it's a strawman. you can either address the criticism as it's written or you can be deliberately or unintentionally ignorant, but if you do the latter (as you're doing now) only you lose by doing so.

Now, do you have some rebuttal to the actual argument? Or are you going to go off on an irrelevant tangent of inability to understand a basic premise again?

>If the end date is meaningless and arbitrary like that, then there's no reason for us all not to officially set the end date to two months
Yes, there's no reason for us all not to do that, but we're not going to, so that's a completely moot point that makes no sense and holds no meaning or relevance to anything. Your initial premise was,
>If the musical lasts for four weeks then I must be here for all four weeks of it because I suck cock
And the reply, "No you do not," is a perfectly valid one, you dumb fuck.

I like video games and music!

what about video game music?

So you're just going to strawman then?

I accept your concession.

I like that too!

No, I will keep making b-sides forever.

Well damn I guess you're right, we'll only do two weeks next year guys you heard it here first, adjust your calendars accordingly.

I want 3 weeks.

Only fags don't go for at least 5 weeks.

I hate video games and music.

Ignore the obvious retard already.

Nope too late it's been done I wrote it in the diary no take-backs.

great!

To h*ck with the diary!

He's not a retard, a shorter musical isn't a bad idea at all, it's just hard to get anyone to agree and then implement it. :(

>He's not a retard
Yea he is. He's the same guy who went, "wait let me get a coke, I have a feeling this is going to be a good one".

Also if you want a shorter musical just leave earlier, no one us irreplaceable.

Is it that fucker? I wasn't following the conversation that closely, hate that guy.

but like I said, can't leave, under contract.

With the Shadow Canal????

With the devil.

Contract expired two days ago, go home.

>Mega.nz

Tell me what you want! No one answered me last thread on if I should learn how to make a torrent for next year or not.

Have you guys been able to play vidya again, now that it's over? Feels amazing.

Dude just dropbox that shit

>not using facebook to send files to other anons
it's like you want to fail

feels just as empty as before

>mfw I've been playing vidya instead of making songs I was meant to be making this whole time
I told you I was busy with work and you actually believed me.

time to play some different vidya, user

I did believe you, but in turn you only played yourself out of good songs

Just for you? You'll download it?

Nevermind, I'm not going to do it, you have to download their bullshit program or app. No thanks.

I'm sorry AnonFag-san, I was just really low energy this year. But I delivered the thing the people wanted, and they liked it, so I think you can let me off this time. But for real tho sing me to sleep and stroke my hair no homo

As long as you enjoyed yourself along the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCDbSMEwA84
>Unless you're a babby
>Don't Play it on Easy
>No matter what the third musical says
As the writer of Play It On Easy, I literally roared into laughter. You fucking prick, whoever wrote this song, I love you.
Although Play It On Easy was meant to be tongue in cheek, I've seen a lot of people take it at face value.

I swear 50%+ of youtube comments completely miss the point of most songs.

late night bumpu

wew I go to sleep and the threads turn into a massive shit show.

See you fags next year

Yaypyroo if you're still around, in how many countries is the audio of "Luigi Floating on an Egg Over The Sea" blocked?

Cause if it's almost everywhere I don't think it's much use continuing making and uploading a video for it, seeing as it's guaranteed to be blocked.

guys. i just went through doing audio analysis on No Conscience. emanon wrote it, and the writing style seemed suspiciously familiar, so I did some analysis on his submitted voice files. There's evidence of a pitch shift that, when reversed, yields this:

picosong.com/w3bwC/

IT'S FUCKING LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA, DOING A DIFFERENT ACCENT TO DISGUISE HIS VOICE. I've A/B'd, spectral comparison, everything. Lin-Manuel FUCKING Miranda was in the chat. Lin-Manuel FUCKING GOD-DAMNED Miranda wrote this lyric-swap cover for our stupid internet album.

What the FUCK.

What are you even going on about?

THE WRITER OF HAMILTON WROTE AND PERFORMED NO CONSCIENCE

HE FLOATED IT RIGHT PAST US WITH A SLIGHT PITCH SHIFT AND A DIFFERENT ACCENT.

>spectral comparison
Would work if everyone used the same microphone ever. Unfortunately, in this reality, it doesn't mean shit.

I can hear it. I don't believe it, and know it isn't him, but I hear it.

Nah

Take into account also that his narrative voice is all over the lyrics he wrote

Take into account that you're a retard