Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #925
Sippy Sippy Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
How to use AAUnlimited:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

Previous thread:

the cutest

aa3 when

Kind!

>1 second
That was close wwwwwww

>wwwwwww
fuck off

leave the xenophobia to the japs

horny girl

no u

>this is my fetish

For applying hair textures it's what was said in the posts you quoted. Archive override tab, first field jg2e03_00_00.pp, second field A00_20_00_00_00.tga, third field is whatever hair texture you want to use to replace the default one. There's a few hair textures in the pastebin that you can drop in your overrides/Hair_Textures, and I believe in one of the recent threads someone uploaded a file with most of the hair textures.

I figured it out. I guess I just need to find something closer to the source material then.
The front hair doesn't look like it'll be a problem tho.

Looks like getting the hair color/texture right and probably getting a decent back hair will be the biggest challenges here, unless I want to go full autismo and try to make a face that has the DDH, the right kind of eyes, the right kind of elf ears, and color-able eyelashes.
Though that one sounds more difficult than all of those things.

>make a face that has the DDH, the right kind of eyes, the right kind of elf ears, and color-able eyelashes.
You have all the tools that you need to make this at your disposal. It's just a matter of looking at each face that does one of those things, and then combining the things all together.

There a guide out there for that? I'd much like to read it if it exists.
Doesn't seem like the Mod Resource Guide has anything in particular like that for faces.

do you plan to put the horns on her?

yes

best of luck to you, at this rate i'll be tempted to make the other two dragon girls

oh, one more post before i vanish again

that's not a normal hair gradient, there was an overide made to her hairs themselves instead of a gradient overide like the gradient guide in aau is.

what you're seeing here is an overide made to her hair colors

That aside, where do I put the train 3d room? with my other rooms in the aau folder?

The modder's reference doesn't go into detail on faces, but for this most part this is what you need to consider:

Chin (DDH) and Eye (the 'face type') shape are both part of the .xa file. You'd do well to find an existing DDH face that has the eyes you want, and use it as your base xa file. If you can't you have to learn xa modding, which this image touches on.
Elf ears are part of the xx file, so they're easy. Find a face with the ears you want, and there's your base xx file.
Lastly, the colorable sclera is a material setting. Generally the ones that have that right now use the same material for eyelashes as in the eyebrows. You change this setting in your xx file, and you are done.

If you post images of what step you are on (as you have been doing) with SB3U running and where you are stuck, I promise you will get all the direct answers to your questions as you need them.

Lively!

Sounds good. I'll try that out.

To be honest, the face I have now for her is pretty much fine. The eyeshape is the way I think I want it, the face shape in general is fine. The only thing I think I really want to change are the ears and to have color-able eyelashes.

The face I'm using now is '82: Face 13 + elf Ears'
I'd like to add the ears from any face with Long Ears Type - A; so '9: Face 1 Long A' would be perfect.

A couple of questions real quick though:
1. Do I need to extract HEXAFC pack..? That's a pretty fucking large mod if so.

2. Does a head/face override work the same way that the mesh override worked or is there some special snowflake way that needs to be handled?

Tamamo is cute! CUTE!

>1. Do I need to extract HEXAFC pack..? That's a pretty fucking large mod if so.
I don't know what that is by name. HEXAOC is "the mod with all the faces in it."

>2. Does a head/face override work the same way that the mesh override worked or is there some special snowflake way that needs to be handled?
Overriding a whole head is an archive override or two. One for the xx file, one for the xa file. You don't necessarily HAVE to override the whole head, but it's certainly safer to do so if you're planning on using elf ears in the foreseeable future.

Kouri does a head xx override, for an example.

Me

playful!

Oh! I remember now, Taimat. Taimat from Fate GO.

I wasn't aware Snowflake-tan had an actual name.

Also yes I meant HEXAOC, that's my bad.
I still need toe extract it though, right?

Also from what I'm understanding it doesn't really seem like I really need to do anything in SB3U except maybe for the Material thing for the eyelashes.
Correct me if I'm wrong here though; I can just keep the face the way it is, take the .xx file of Face 9 for the ears and then open the .xx file and then do the thing for the eyelashes - however the fuck I do that, right? Because the ears themselves aren't part of the actual face model but probably a separate one parented to it.

F R I S K Y

You need to extract the 1 or 2 files you need from it, and that's all. you can do that with SB3U to only get those files, or you can extract everything and delete the chaff. And correct, in the case of your face the material change is the only thing you should need SB3U for if I'm not mistaken.

Since you have a DDH+Eyes already, your best bet is indeed to do as you said. One xx file, so only 1 archive override, same as Kouri.
The thing with the eyelashes is easy as well:
>open face
>find the meshes for the eye lashes - the matuges and the mabutas if you want to be thorough
>one at a time, click on the only option in the submeshes area that lists "verts/faces/Material"
>open the dropdown for material and change it from mege to mayu (or whatever you'd prefer, but that's the eyebrow one)
That's it.

The ears themselves are part of the face xx. Not the model, but object overriding the elf ears (which is an option) would be a waste of time if you're changing a material reference in the face anyway.

AAU
3+ stripping
When

I actually like aloof and manly

That means I have taste aligned with like 5% of players surveyed

>liking manly

Say something nice to Kind

Manly is actually surprisingly popular if you take a look at the old database. She's a common personality on there.
So all you gotta change is your survey target demographic, and you'll get much more than 5%.

Your last bit left me a little confused.
Will me simply taking the Face 9 .xx file and overwriting it for the current Face 82 .xx make the ears work or do I still need the Face 9 .xa still?

I found a 1.4 version of HEXAOC in my mod backup folder, and I think I found the right .xx file.
Let me try out what yu mentioned though.

post card

>not liking manly
you came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfuck

>Your last bit left me a little confused.
That was more information than you needed, sorry. It was about an alternative approach to elf ear replacement, but that method doesn't make sense when you're already swapping out the xx anyway.

Doing an archive override with an xx that has the right ears will replace the ears for you, for sure.

Kind has a cute laugh and according to this Creepy girl she smells nice!

Playful and Frisky are rivals for penis.

Well it seems like this comes with the entirety of the head...
Is this fine and to be expected or is something fucked up here?

She's mature, yet curiously insecure and flustered and feminine. Makes a good big girl personality.

aa4 when

more like autistic xD

That's playful.

Let's be real here. There is literally nothing cute about manly.

Nevermind, I think I see what it does.

Anyways, I did the thing and set all those things to Mayu and saved it.
I think the only thing I need to know now is which file is it I'm overwriting in the Mesh Overwrite

lets be real here, you're literally in the wrong neighborhood.

mai waifu uses kind

you must not have ever bedded her

>having a naturally exploitable waifu

Please respond.
don't really see anything that a .xx file can replace in the mesh overwrite unless the mesh overwrite isn't the right thing.

Guys, what is this hair textures and hair highlights for them in AAU, thk you very much!

no one's made it yet. no one's made good cards for them either.

Archive override. Not mesh overrides. The AAU guide and the ice girl card can help you for this one.

None of her lines are cute and her bedding sounds like any other personalities.

She's a perfect homo cadet!

AND a legal loli

she's not loli though?

>legal loli
Hol up.

No, not at all. She's modest and honest.

samefag mr manly hater.

CONFIRMED MANLY VIRGIN

What personality would Elf have?
I want to say Tsundere, but I feel like there's a better one for her.

I don't think I'm understanding it correctly right now and I have Mini so the archive stuff probably doesn't work the same.
Will probably continue with Gradiants and stuff tomorrow.

Ok but in the end, what sort of hair texture is that?

goblin card when?

one of the flat variations probably?

Thks senpai!

How would I go about editing the hat?

>lewding Hat Kid
How dare you?

Raise her eyes a little bit.
Also DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

quick! post lewds before they get you!

She's good enough for headpats.

Joyful

i'm not sure which is a more disgusting deed, this or the dragon loli

She is for headpats, hugs, and kisses only.

Will do.
What personality should she be? Have her on silent right now, just cause I didn't know what to pick.

She looks ugly so I doubt she'll get any dickings at all

>kissing Hat Girl
Your private affection should be kept private.

that's the idea

someone new make a poser quest

who the fuck is this? what vile memery have you wrought?

Never. The Force will be used on her regardless though.

>.
you know a space works just fine, right?

Does it? Of course it does. Fuck.
Thanks for the info.

Why not split the three words into two names, rather than having all three in one name?

>archer high elf
>elf archer high

Why is kind always subject to rape?

she gives biiiig hugs

This desu I'd rather it constantly be correct.

Last I knew, it shows the last name first pretty consistently, though.

She looks like an alright fellow

it's just so satisfying.

I think it's only every 2 threads.

last thread didn't have one.
I'm asking for someone else to make one because the next one I'm making is gonna be a multi-stage and would last the whole week

>last thread didn't have one
There was one and we failed miserably.

>last thread didn't have one.
Hence every 2 threads.

gimme the bonus

what? The action shot quest was a success and it was for the 2 threads ago. Last thread had a maker quest and it still got some submissions so i wouldn't call it "failed miserably"
aa2g #923 - action shot poser quest
aa2g #924 - you get the quest reward
aa2g #925 - new poser quest
you didn't earn it. Better luck next time