Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Resposting because I am lonely.
Please gib guild card.

I want a cute girl to taunt me

why can't I scan other people's guild cards
is my 3ds camera too shit or can you not scan from a laptop screen?

r8

just play the fucking jp version/10

I think I may have a Bun addiction. Please send help.

Increase the Nenes.

Try cleaning your screen and your camera lens, that helped a bit for me.

DLC CIA when?

>EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.
>October 17th
But it's the 18th

5 step program:

step 1: acquire bun
step 2: bun the bun's buns
step 3: bun in bun's oven
step 4: bun!

>Both US cards
It hurts.

>to smart too have wis

Yes, and?

just give in

>falling for bunnies

Amateur.

People posting guild cards: are you using a hacked 3DS to take screenshots or is there some legit way to do it?

OP has good taste. Nice post of best girl.

Also, Is that one user that keeps adding guild cards to image-ur. imagur. muguur... going to keep up with all of these new etria bros? what about updates to cards? I will continue to refer to you as Guildmaster user in future posts. Stay strong guildmaster user. You have your work cut out for you.

it should be past tense now for that day

Yes, the same way it's been done in every game where you could share guild cards. It's saved to your SD when you enable street pass.

Miiverse.

I thought Miiverse died

In the process of it; closes down completely on Nov. 8th

Do you actually need Chop/Take/Mine, or will Gathering Skill suffice?

Last thread.

>3DS loses the only way to take screenshots without CFW
God fucking damn it.

just gathering

here's another party for yall

You can get rare materials without them? Cause I never did. Guess I had super bad luck.

Thoughts on dlc?

I'll probably buy Mediko, because I'm a shameless Mediko fag And if I read the dlc notes correctly,the FM tracks is also an in-game OST for ALL of the game's music, FM and OG. If that's TRUE, I'll shell our the five quid, i mean bucks, to grab that.

I actually thing the school kids are neat portraits if you want to RP a sort of "spirited away" situation.
Not for me, but I see the potential.

inbefore:
>YOU BUY DLC!? WHY NOT PIRATE!?
>MEDIKO FAG! BAD TASTE

Was going to have an all girls team, but the old man is just too cool

MEDIKO FAG! good taste

Where's the fuck are Shunk Cabbage REEEEEE

It's a rare 1st stratum gather. If i'm not mistaken. Invest in gathering skills.

Take with taking skill on 2f. Sometimes. Or trade a fish to the lemur.

as long as you have the take skill it's all about getting lucky

>fighting an Iron Crustacean blind and winning on the first try
God bless bunkers, god bless chants, god bless Poison Jab.

There's no more exhilarating feeling than fighting an FOE with 0 knowledge of what it can do and coming out on top.

>beat both Golem and Gryphon blind
It's a top notch feeling. Though I was overlevelled/overgeared for Gryphon.

>scanned a bunch of guild cards
>conrad STILL shows up

Please leave me a lone, Conrad.

You should honestly just pirate. Not because it's saving money but because staggering out DLC releases for portraits, something that has literally no effect on the game balance, is fucking stupid.

Mediko is cute.

Delete him from your guild cards like I did. Fuck Conrad.

I think I hit a wall here. My Pug/Harb/Mas/Necro/Sham was doing pretty well but I keep on having trouble in with some FOEs on the 1st stratum

But user, he love you!

Conrad was there when no one else was.

I wanted to run that team, but replaced Shaman with Botanist before I even started to save headaches later.

Im pretty disappointed in non-botanist healing in this game

I know it expands alot with second names but that still leaves us out in the cold for so long if you try to not use one

I hate using a character just to ditch them too though I guess I did it in 4 with medic->arcanist so I could do it again, just feels wrong though

So just to be clear...I should only put in the minimum of skill points in mastery skills because it's only a 1% boost for every skill point I put in EO5, right?

Conrad best boy.

How the fuck do i go there?

>gathering is based on fucking race
god fucking damnit

Check for yourself.

waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html

>Humans get all 3 in 1 racial skill

Human master race.

welp, looks like i'm gonna have to restart again. Fucking end my suffering please. I was spoiled from EOU2 party set up. I probably deserve it

I feel like none of my teams have enough damage or healing, but I dont wanna use pugilist or 4kat masurao or botanist, it kinda feels like all the classes are support

Thanks.

At least you get the level up texts to help out. I think Dog rover is okay once you max out the random heal at least.

by not putting walls over empty spaces on the map.

thanks

Is this team viable? I'm not really sure what I'm doing.
> Pug, Dragoon,
>Botanist, Warlock, Harbinger

Good night /eog/. Have one final Bun.

Put Harbinger in the front and yes.

dum bun

Cool. Should I keep the Dragoon in front? The game calls them a backline defender, but that doesn't really make sense?

>walk into inn
>jen asks me if I want to save
>literally asks if I want to save
i dont know how to feel

well shit now I can browse /cfwg/

They have a gun so they can attack from the back row, and Line Guard is fully effective regardless of where the Dragoon is. You might want to keep them in front though just to split the aggro between your Pug and Harbinger, unless you're going Dragon Roar, then you'd want to be in the back.

Is there any way to recycle the active abilities on weapons, or are they stuck on the weapon that you find them on? I just killed the scorpion on 7F for a challenge and it makes an INCREDIBLY strong Katana for this point in the game, and it has Power Charge on it, which I can only assume is as good as Charge effects have been in previous games.

Is there a way for me to lift Power Charge off this Katana in future and keep it with me?

I was trying to resist using shaman but I guess I failed, i just love monarch march so much

>flatress was best grill in 4
>no one remotely like her in 5

I miss her

god damn, how long do i have to hold the 3ds still to scan a QR code?

Does masurao spirit sword take a debuff slot?

I think that power charge caps at a 2x multiplier for the katana skill. So it's not that good but its something you can use on off turns (either way remember if you spend a turn power charging you lose out on duel passive damage amp). If you're pick a 4kat later on you can just stick the scorp katana in your last equip slot and forget about it for a good while. No way to extract skills from equipment.

>Pugilist throws a rock
>recover 1 TP
>okay, but what if I make the bunny do it
>Masurao hits a fucking FOE and puts me in a battle

How is this party

Harbinger, fencer
Shaman, warlock, rover

Where the fuck do i plant the seed for the quest?

Some of you guys are really fucking horrible at naming your characters.

rude!

>party was blindsides
>4 squirrels

>Music is uninspired
>Nothing really new in terms of mechanics, whether it be bosses or dungeon crawling
>union is just the limit gauge from 3 but it's tied to races
>legendary names is just more pointless gating forcing your character to specialize into something when before you could freely do whatever, in a sense there was still specializations(combat medic or axe/sword land for example) but you weren't completely locked out of one for choosing the other
>graphics aren't noticeably better but the fucking that pop in
>easily has the worst mascot too

So burnt out on EO at this point, I'm kinda glad the next one is the last of 3DS EOs, wonder what the fuck they're gonna do with the series after it

well i figured out how the game wants you to input the QR code. now the issue is that there's just so many of em!

Look at for example.

Or who wrote fucking Siegfried wrong, one of the most prominent fable names.

>Music is uninspired
No, you.
>Nothing new in terms of mechanics
Besides improving massively on buff stacking and splitting TEC into INT and WIS fucking finally.
>Union is just the limit gauge
Yes. And?
>Pointless gating
Making a decision is far more interesting than simply having everything.
>Complaining about pop-in
It's not that bad, and I'm perfectly happy to sacrifice pop-ins for the huge QOL improvements.
>Worst mascot
Eh, I suppose.

>So burnt out on EO at this point
Then take a break. Nobody is forcing you to enjoy yourself.

I agree with most of these points so far, but I at least enjoy the upgraded character customization, dungeon events, and the return of 5 floors per stratum. Also I didn't get either of the untold games so this is my first new EO since 2012, which makes me a little less prone to burnout than I'm sure many others on here are.

What do you consider good names?
My current party is Morgan(F), May,
Maira, Cosmo and Stacia.

you are the only person I've ever seen here that cares enough about spelling to try and correct people. You do know that no one really cares what you think, right?

That experience DLC is obscene, 15k on the first floor

Torn between making a predictable Chain party or swapping out Rover for Necro and maybe Masurao for Pugilist

>>Pointless gating
>Making a decision is far more interesting than simply having everything.

yes but it was never like that in any game before and having only base skills on classes makes it the worst early game so far. Sure EO4 had tier gating based on level but mos of the first skills you had access to were ones you wanted to max out anyway on a lot of classes

>It's okay to eat shit when I look smug while eating shit

Why is fencer so weird to fit into teams

Unless you build around it they seem like totally useless, no wonder everyone has masuraos

You put walls inside the water tiles, right user?
The automapper proves that's the correct way to play.

Since I'm waiting on my copy, lemme get some opinions. How is it?
My personal ranking (without EOV of course):
EO3 = EO2U > EO1 > EO2 > EOU1 > EO4
How's EOV fit into this? EO4 was a fun game but I thought it was a bit too easy and the bosses were almost too resilient to the point where I might as well have been using auto attack. EO3 had the best spread of cool story + aesthetics with fun combat + bosses (even though they got pretty easy towards the end too).

>It was never like that in any game before
You realize that the only difference is that now it's a story breakpoint instead of a level breakpoint, right?

>Base skills suck
You realize that the core skills of the Fencer, Pugilist, Warlock, Botanist, Shaman, Rover and Masurao are all basic, right? At least for one spec.

>tfw to smart for fences

>it's ok to talk shit about someone talking shit while i'm also smug and eating shit
weee