/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Previously on /ddg/: Sweet Pope Bully Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Tdlg2JXuaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This pawn...swore eternal fealty!

first for muscle

Do I evict the family and have them hate me
yet survive the postgame

Do I not evict them and doom them to everfall

such choices

They hold the advantage!

behead those who are pope

evict their asses without a second thought

Post Arisen.

I never new it was that strong

Wowsers and shiiiiiiiit

guess I am restarting as a MA build
fuckmylife.exe

nice wizard look

>There are people in this thread right now that still have some ties to the wrym
What's your excuse?

That's a fat snake. Did you find a tsuchinoko?

damn it takes forever to get anything gold rareified
do I really just have to go through BBI 1.0 over and over again to gather materials? I don't think I'm strong enough for daimon, let alone BBI 2.0

BBI noob here, but what do people mean when they say BBI 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0? Does killing a specific boss raise the difficulty or is it just different areas?

Finally, after 5 years I finally did it! I got the elusive third star for my pawn. I don't even think I managed to do it on ps3.

beating it raises difficulty,

Once you defeat Daimon and exit his area, it moves BBI into "2.0". The entirety of BBI is altered to be way, way harder

And repeatedly beating Daimon keeps raising difficulty, got it. Maybe I should level up a bit in BBI 1 and dragonforge everything first before doing Daimon then.

It's the magic equivalent of maker's finger. It isn't a guaranteed kill like the finger, which actually has some interesting behaviour to ensure a kill, but it will oneshot pretty much anything that doesn't have high dark res.

Also, I managed to get it while having Swolros and Uncle Dante, so to their owners rest up!

I have a confession to make fellow Arisen

I have never killed Death
I know I suck.. I'm sorry

>repeatedly beating Daimon keeps raising difficulty
nope, only the first time

reposting for new thread

About to start BBI with my fighter duo. looking for looking for sorc/mage/strider/ranger pawns to drag through it with me.

Sorc Pawn lvl 87, psn eddy169

Why do people godsbane in front of her when it doesn't change the rng? Is it just to try with a different class combination?

>The Arisen who knows what I post what he seeks to know, knows it well, while Arisens who know not, knows not what I post or post not.

You get one of three items depending on you and your pawns vocations

Got a second version of a yellow armor you have? Godsbane to change to a mage and get a blue item

>I've learned of this area
oh boy pepper your angus
She's about to get a whole new level of attention and rc

Your pawn has been very helpful to me.

Gotcha, figured. Just seemed odd that she's the go-to for godsbaning pics after I spent a few good weekends liberating all the Everfall's unique equipment with that dagger.

favorite helmet

I almost forgot i got a moonbeam gem from the arisens rest area in BBI, but i dont know which door i should open first, already killed daimon once

oh shit I forgot how kawaii those eyes are

>over 100 hours of playing Assassin
>had no idea you could extent the length of the 'Kisses' attacks by spamming the attack button

I found Almace and love its looks, is it possible to skill around it to keep it forever or am i forced to play with """"better"""" equipment somewhen? I skileld only physical classes, didnt kill grig and am level 47

Is that not literally in its description though?

A lot of people skip most of the Everfall and just go straight to BBI, and many of these new kids don't care about hording fashion, so they just don't know, not like you and I know.

aaahahahahaha
haahahahaha

Just wow

I imagin you paiently waiting for every single animation to end until you queque another action

I've got my pawn with a gold forged Almace, and it works fine. Struggles against a lot of the stronger BBI stuff, and fighting things with ice resistance is annoying.

But every time you get a freeze proc it's worth it.

Good. Did you skill anything magic related?

QUICK. POST SLIDER-FU GUIDES

best inclinations for fighter/warrior pawn?

seems like scather or challenger would be good but i'm pretty new to this

A-user..

I'd say try playing something easier like mage/sorc, but you probably wouldn't realize you have to hold down the cast button to cast spells.

Utilitarian a best

After switching to daggers for a little bit, I don't know how I ever lived without this dodge roll

buying pawn gf

Just picked up the remaster. Any of you with endgame levelled pawns I could add as friends so I can hire your pawns for free? I want to burn through the early game stuff nice and fast to get back to where I was on the ps3 version. Vocation doesn't matter if they are stronk.

Do you also use Instant Reset to make your one-click kisses come out faster?

for PS4 btw

PS4 : ImbaProtoss
Lvl 38 Ranger / Semen Demon
pls hire

>loli
>elf
>riftslut clothes

gonna brine that rift slut

Into the Brine it goes.

add me Medkitz-

this is nice to look at

Wow. Slut hating is at full force right now. How much did you get from me hiring her? I'm low level just trying to figure out what I did was worth. Player name: Raion

Nice pic. Mages always ruining pictures with the green glow.

>right now. How much did you get from me hiring her? I

as far a i remember something like 13000, thanks btw.

sent thanks

anyone else?

Okay that's about what I thought. I'll pick her up again later when I am doing cooler shit.

Join the Dragon's Dogma General community on PSN and add players. Look for the pawn Swolros. He's a beast lord.

Loli is my arisen, plus my pawn doesn't actually wear silk lingerie so... try it out.

>look for the pawn Swolros
He's no longer a beast lord. He's back in training right now as a sorcerer ;_;

i'll add you when i come back from work, will take ur pawn for a ride.

HE IS
Not for long, might I add. He's only going to be a sorcerer for a few levels for some extra magick defense.

any warrior arisen out there? what's your preferred skill setup?

i usually rock:
pommel bash
arc of deliverance
exodus slash

having a hard time deciding if i want to ditch pommel bash. i play on hard, so everything has insane stagger resist, so pommel bash is a usually a good opener for hard to pin down enemies, followed up with a grab, and kick for that lecker knockdown damage buff. i know that exodus slash's i-frames are necessary, so i cant lose that, and arc of deliverance is why i play warrior so thats gotta stay. i just dont know if i wanna drop pommel bash for indomitable lash. the lash is incredibly satisfying, and sending enemies flying through the air is cathartic, but i dont know if the damage is worthwhile compared to a couple of simple overhead heavies. that, and having two charge attacks seems kinda redundant, espicially when my main damage- and stunlock-dealer against bosses is gonna be the arc. that said, i dont know if the pommel bash can be beefed up enough to deal reliable stagger against tougher enemies like bbi and post game. i know that there is jewelry to increase stagger, along with the warrior augment. but id just like some input from an user more knowledgeable than me, can the bash's stagger be increased to viability? or is it doomed to inadequate impotence in hard mode, and straight damage should be prioritized?

will do but I am playing right now so I'm hoping to get people who can add me right now too.

>strider or ranger
>load up your inventory with 4 or 5 rancid bait, 40 conqueror periapts, large mushrooms, some liquid vim, then as many blast arrows as you and your pawns can carry
>bbi 2.0, keep entering the first room from the entrance and exiting until you get the saurian spawn
>clear everything out, death is the necrophage on the saurian spawn and he may appear
>if not, drop a rancid bait in the lower courtyard, this is where he will spawn
>X4 periapts, then blast error his face
>after three volleys he should be stunned, keep shooting his head to keep him permastunned
>if he gets up shoot his head immediately to keep him from bitching out
>once dead, save and godsbane, then reload
>run to the next room and immediately return to the first area
>if done right, death will have respawned when you walk in, wandering the courtyard
>with a strong bow and good timing/enough arrows, you can get 3 death kills for each bait used, can probably get 5 kills if you have bulky pawns with sinew to carry the blast arrows

or click R3 to manually aim spells like maelstrom around corners

Thought about making a mod to change the music during the sweet popes boss fight to from the pinnacle to the pit, but then I realized I have no skill in modding and the song is already baller.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Tdlg2JXuaQ

Would still be cool though, cursed dragon roars, that bass line kicks in.

>tfw so aughtistic you get The Hero in a single play through from memory alone.
Well, I'm in NG+ now... so that means it's time to work on an alt. My hiring activities will slow down, but I'll advertise to those who desperately need it over the coming days.

If you want to catch up, I've got a level 200 Sorcerer you can use. Shoot me a friend request at Vaiire

that'd be fuckin rad
>YOU HAVE THE POWER

he's beautiful

Swolros is a slut now?! Oh my gaaah

Is that Mason's twin brother Jason?

>tfw you had to do NG++ because you fucked up on the last quest needed for The Hero during NG+

Ur-Dragon is at about half health now if any you boys and girls wanna chance at one of the masks or something.
>forgot just how powerful gouge is
>able to finish off one his bars just by myself
>strength is nearly 2000 even though I'm still using the silver rapier
Assassin is out of control.

No way jose

Ready for some oldies but goodies?

added thanks

Don't forget about the secret augment from BBI that you can get from novelty lvl 3's, think its adhesion? Increases strength by 30% while clinging to enemies. Makes assassin already banana sandwich.

The most commonly forgotten quests, in my opinion, are Mettle Against Metal and pretty much all of Valmiro's quest chain.

>someone saved my failed mason attempt from a year an half ago