/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread
>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5FtVmb5a!82rPCD-dr73-b7YVcYJ4sXH4XcshRsqDmvrRuhShDio
photoshopronpa.tumblr.com/post/166149514708/improved-v3-sprite-transparents-masterlist?is_related_post=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Kirumi!
Good morning, /drg/.

Yes, Hajime only got shafted because he didn't had the right body type

ywn be bullied by miu

It's coming!

Welcome to Danganronpa, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Good morning, Kirumibro.

But they were both babies at the same time, how does that make her a pedo?

Thanks, I'll get cooking soon.

I hate Maki!

Goodmorning

I'm excited, we don't get tick r treaters on my street but I'm going to buy a bunch of candy and get drunk and watch halloween movies all day anyway

ENHANCE~!!!

>For what purpose...
just more things to use to tease our Kuzu~

any weebs want to try and justify genocider as a word?

>Genocider
One who commits genocide, (attempted)Genocider Hitler, Genocider Mao, Genocider Stalin, Genocider Syo and so on.

HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN, TRICK OR TREAT HYPE

>just more things to use to tease our Kuzu~
user pls...no.

YAY~!!!

>user pls...no.
Naw, gurl

;-;

More halloween dangans!

Koko!
>LPer finishes Chapter 4
>Begs Kaito to kill Kokichi
>Comment: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ouma Kokichi. His motives are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of analytical theories most of his lies will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Ouma’s pacifistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Chiaki Nanami’s character in Super danganronpa 2, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lies, to realise that they’re not just lies- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ouma Kokichi truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the metaphor in Ouma’s catchphrase “It’s a lie!” which itself is a cryptic reference to New danganronpa v3’s ending in its entirety. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kodaka’s genius wit unfolds itself on their gaming devices. What fools.. how I pity them.
Damaged.

Behold!

I'm a brainlet.
Explain to me what hope and despair are, as Danganronpa defines them.

I want to inappropriately touch several of the characters in this franchise.

Hope=Anime friendship power
despair=Not needing friends

Just what they sound like but despairs are literally insane death cultists (komaeda is also an insane death cultist but for hope)

I want to have hate sex with Maki.

Conked out before I could post this here last night.

1/7

Hope=Anime friendship
Despair=The reality that friendship does not protect against stab wounds

>Shuichi never got to fuck Moogs because K1-B0 sperged out

How does one start learning to draw?
Tutorials or just trial and error?

Poor Mugi

And done.

Read the sticky, practice 10 hours a day, loomis

A bit of both.
I'm not an artist, but the same applies to all forms of art, since I'm more of a music guy.

They are just buzzwords at this point.

Oh yeah, and beta Peko is literally Shirogane + Neesan.

I want to abandon reality and talk to Angie

Me too, me too.
Where did you get transparent sprites?

Where do I get Mugi Lewds with no glasses?

mega.nz/#!5FtVmb5a!82rPCD-dr73-b7YVcYJ4sXH4XcshRsqDmvrRuhShDio
Everything is in the pastebin but here.

Oooh, thanks.
I thought the pastebin had sprites on black backgrounds.

No problem.
The sprites with black BGs are the main game sprites, the Bonus Mode sprites are bigger and transparent.

I strongly recommend books and stay away from tumblr tutorials until you have learned the fundamentals, a great website for it is www.drawabox.com

Angie and her beloved Saihara!

Oh yeah, Photshopronpa has been transparenting the full body ones

photoshopronpa.tumblr.com/post/166149514708/improved-v3-sprite-transparents-masterlist?is_related_post=1

>Be Kaedefag
>Fall asleep and dream we're hanging out
>She's constantly dismissive and refuses to get close
>Text her
>'Are you avoiding me on purpose?'
>'yes'
>'Well at least you're honest'
>'you're pretty creepy and your suit is ugly'
>Suddenly realize I'm wearing a suit

How fucking low does my self-confidence need to be for this to happen

I didn't have a single surgery event for the past 15 characters I developed in the boardgame.

MUGI!

I'm actually beating the game now and feel a little conflicted, but also feel like I still understand and relate to her.

Did Moogs base Kirumi's backstory on Trump?

No, the translator did.

What the fuck did I just play

I-It's okay user, just try again.

A decent VN/adventure game if DR1 or 2, a bad one if v3.

3 sadly.

>tfw got one on every single character I've made so far and they all succeeded
I feel like its only a matter of time before my luck runs out

You played a quadruple fictional game

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that.
Thanks for sharing this though.

This is a plain Jane. Someone post the full CG and I'll give you a friendship fragment.

Whoever drew that CG spent all their time on Moogs

Is hating on V3 a necessary step on becoming a member of /drg/ or

V3 isn't a bad game. Chapter 6 is just shit.

>implying v3 is bad
You taken an iq test lately bud?

Tsumugi still did not deserve to die

I take the concept as a parallel to meaning and nihilism, which I think is a big motif of the games. Sounds a little heavy for a game this silly and they never really mention it directly (aside from the "Nihil" bullet), but I think it fits when you realize all the games are just the antagonists trying to crush the characters' will to live by making everything they accomplish feel meaningless (despair), but the characters always try to find some meaning or endgame (hope). It's just the games' goofy anime way of presenting it

All you need is a low IQ and avatarfag

Yeah, no problem!

Tsumugi did not deserve to live.

If I had enough Jeremiah Weed to fuel me I'd make an hour long analysis explaining every reason why v3 is shit

not even, only chapter 1 and 4 were enjoyable desu

I see. So would the friendship that comes from trusting your mate to stab your enemy in the back while you distract them from the front be hope, despair, a hybrid, or something else?

Tsumugi deserved to live and learn, find meaning. She needed help.

Finished 2 recently and something is bugging me
If Monokuma said the only way to die without a killer is sickness, wasn't the Funhouse starvation shit against the rules since he would've been the ''killer'' of everyone had they died from hunger?

Disagree. The only case I disliked was the second one. Also, I thought /drg/ hated case 4.

That's /v/ because it killed off their precious cinnamon bun Gonta.

I want to pump Himiko full of magic

There's a lot of cheating in 2 with some of the setups.
Like "Okay I'm going to make your brain approve every order. And also make you crazy."

How strong was the butthurt from kaedefags when the protag switch meme turned out to be true and she got btfo?

Thank you for translating this. I really like Ouma works that show him in a serious light. You should save your translations somewhere, or have them put in the pastebin?

:^)

>mfw steam trading cards spoiled the story for me

Tsumugi deserved to become the SHSL Bartender

Someone resorted to making a head canon where she turned into a ghost and possessed Saihara
Kaedefags aren't the smartest beings out there.

Same, I wish I could powerbomb Kodaka for this.

I haven't seen anyone talk shit about case 4. Only times I see it mentioned are crying about gonta or talking shit about miu

Hey guys lets do a seance to contact your dead waifu.
Just bite this curb and close your eyes.

Posting best girl!

what is a curb?

>/v/ mod is a kaedefag and deletes danganronpa threads out of resentment for thr franchise

The only thing she didn't deserve was a quick death. Ki-boy fucked up.

That was probably Mugi's best scene. It had nothing to do with reality or fiction. She wasn't referencing any shows. She was just...being herself, and enjoying herself, without anything about Danganronpa.

The Outside World may not have wanted her to live and find purpose, but I would have stopped Kiibo myself if I could.

Am I pathetic for closing my eyes knowing the moment Mugi was going to die? I couldn't bear to see her go like that.

I'd be a Junkofag if she looked like this

Her death is really weird, after the executions being so over the top even rivaling DR2's absurd ones like Mikan's hers being so mundane felt fake

I was actually dissapointed that they casually talked after the trial and she just let collateral damage kill her, it was so expected it was just dull.

dr1 but junko is spriteswapped with crossdressing ouma and hiro shimono redubs all the lines i can't explain mukuro

I thought that was the point, she's super into DR and doesn't even get the ironic execution to send herself off with

I'm not sure there was a point