/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050/Raiden_V_Directors_Cut___V_Directors_Cut__V/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_spectrum_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Pawarumi
>October 2017
oh shit, i forgot about this

Psikyo is for patricians

You forgot 3jus in upcoming releases.

No need to thank me, OP.

>garegga is $350 for saturn
what the fucking point

>be tranny
>deny your bilogy
>do a boat load of drugs daily
>destroy cognitive function
>destroy logic centers
>damage reaction times
>never 2-all a psikyo game because of it

Truly a Sisyphean struggle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_spectrum_disorder

what did he mean by this?

Bahmpu~

salamander is well designed, random backwards shit out of screen just rush into you

>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
>Free update
More reason to play best girls game again.

>rerelease
you sure it's free?

>It's a completely free update and will be available on Steam, Humble and itch.io (the old "White Label" version of the game will be made available too).
They are only doing the whole rerelease thing so they can get another chance at the new game on steam free marketing for some extra sales.

Literally nothing wrong with that

> please give us free marketing for fixing our shit game

good for them, more content for free is a good speculate to accumulate marketing strategy.

Danbo shilling so much his shit game in past and this thread. Makes me vomit

fuck off cunt, why is it wrong for him to want success? wait and see if black label is worthy first before you stink up the place with negativity.

he should make better games that does not need that kind of shilling. Go wear skirts like your ancestors did you fuck.

>if you make a good game it doesn't need marketing
I'm pretty sure that trying to follow that is the entire reason the genre is dead.

You're a cancerous tumor of a human being

marketing and shilling the ass out like those pawarumi frogs are two different things

redpill me on dbcs
it's useless without dlcs?

it's a modern video games, of course it's useless without DLC

No, they are like arrange modes seperate from the main game.

Go buy Blu Revolver guys. It's best shmup! It has waifus and shit. And it's like raisin and cave! Go buy it! Now!!

The DLC are all just crossover ships with extra missions for them. There is already more than enough content without DLC too.

What are some good horizontal shooters for jamma or naomi?

>he should make better games that does not need that kind of shilling.
Marketing is way more important than quality, sine mora is shit but did well for this reason same with mainstream hollywood shit, time to grow up and learn how things work.

p.s

you overtly ideological bum fluff.

naomi = borderdown

jamma? how long you got? gradius 1,2,4,4, xexex, x multiply, metal black, salamander 2, in the cunt, etcetcetc.

and music

i will wait for 90% discount

Danmaku Unlimited 3 worth the $5 on steam right now?

Thanks man, borderdown looks really fun. And all I play are fighters and I decided I wanted to try a different genre in my cabinet. Hoping to get a rotating monitor too so I can play some vertical shooters.

Sine Mora also did good because it has pretty impressive graphics and art style.

yes which the marketeers capitalized on, they proved quality of gameplay is irrelevant to the normie masses who are fucking retarded as shit at any game anyway.

digging through my PC and I've had a folder of Dreamcast shooters since 2013. Any recommendations on what to play?

At least Sine Mora is still a decent shmup though, and even quite original gameplay-wise. Not like Cuphead which doesn't even let the player die, has generic as fuck gameplay and has 10 hours overlength.

>10 hours
lmfao if you're retarded perhaps, it takes 3 hours to complete

I would play Zero Gunner 2 from that list.

Still overlength though and not arcade game style anymore. At least Sine Mora still tried to be an arcade game.

yeah but sine mora is putrid trash while cuphead is fun

Or wait, actually I think I would play Psyvariar 2

>doesn't even let the player die
you die in 3 hits?????

>impossible to die
>fun
Wow, so much fun without any challenege at all.
>b-but it's hard having to restart the level
No it isn't

see>without any challenege at all.
it's harder to S rank all stages than it is to 1cc plenty of shmups and run and guns

yes and then you just restart the level
in arcade games you restart the whole game which is an actual challenege

also cuckhead doesn't even have scoring mechanics

it has rankings instead of scoring. you are graded on how well you played, same thing.

Cuphead > Ikapooga

The easiest console shit perhaps, and you're comparing mastering cuckhead to a basic bitch clear lmao

>it's harder to S rank all stages than it is to 1cc plenty of shmups and run and guns
S ranking isn't hard though, besides you are comparing doing a game with a decent amount of error allowed to having to perfect a boss with no mistakes.

Border Down, Mars Matrix, Gunbird, Psyvariar and Zero Gunner 2 are all great

It's a mobile game and not even a shmup.

I didn't like the demo much so I'm still waiting for a good discount. I'll bite at 5 buckaroonies.

seems to be marked as a console game actually.

Pretty sure the dev said the game's never going below 50% since it's niche. And forget bundles and the like.

Real talk, how's the 360 version of Guwange stack up against the emulated version? Any glaring deficiencies between the two I should be aware of?

>prefering memerunning shit over STG greatness
Go away Aquas!

is shit

>they fall for the cumhead meme
normies gtfo

t. virgin shmup player

what emu

wrong
cuphead is much harder than metal slug 1 and anything rated 10 or less on the jap wiki

you have infinity credits faggot
arcade games casual shit

true
you can beat arcade games just by holding down the start button. in cuphead you have to have skills to see the end.

Nobody plays arcade games with infinite credits though. They are meant to be 1cced.
Cuphead is just another memerunning game. Also the reason why noone gives a fuck about scoring in it.

Not really you can clear both in under 10 hours. Or do you want to compare scoring in the two games? lol

>They are meant to be 1cced
where did this meme come from

metal slug 1 is pathetically easy to clear on 1 life, cuphead is much harder to s rank all fights

It's a common strategy, I can't really hate on them for trying to get more people interested in the game.

When you have to compare scoring to simple survival clears you know you're full of shit

>Also the reason why noone gives a fuck about scoring in it.
it almost as if it doesn't have scoring

if you want to compare scoring then you must compare it to cuphead speedruns, retard

that just make metal slug look like an even shittier game so i was doing you a favor by not bringing it up

Well it has ranks.

lmao no, you compare speedruns to speedruns and scoring to scoring. The games have both. What do you think getting S rank means, idiot? Cuphead's scoring is so shitty you don't even consider it scoring!

Cuphead speedruns are boring as fuck. The gameplay is repetitive and stupid, like most speedruns. Not saying it is not difficult, but it doesn't look fun.

if no one cares about cuphead s rank then why do cuphead s rank videos on youtube have 1000000x the views of any shmup high score LOL!

weird i don't see the high score counter on cuphead vids, care to point it out for me?

>The gameplay is repetitive and stupid
huh sounds like shmups

I was comparing it to the speedruns which are much more popular than the "scoring" in this game.

Looks like you haven't played the game yourself

but metal slug has speedruns too?????

???????????

>huh sounds like shmups
No, shmups just require hard practice. But the runs are actually full of energy and interesting gameplay.
Cuphead speedruns is just the usual silly glitching, and running through the game.

not seeing the score counter there champ, care to point it out for me?

>too
cuphead doesn't so use a singular next time

>Max score in Craphead is harder than a basic clear in the easiest Metal slug
No shit retard

Mind telling me what this is in your opinion?

try learning to read retard, he said it was only harder than the easiest console games. metal slug is arcade or did you not know that?

i don't see a score though? i only see a grade. where's the point tally?????????

stop talking about cuphead and get back to talking about your lord and savior, blue revolver

Right above the grade, you bonehead

Cuphead is a better game than Poo Revolver

what your current goal? i working on 4 trillion in ccwi

It's not harder you fucking retard, you are comparing Cuphead's perfect score to Metal slug's basic survival, when comparing score to score and survival to survival even Metal slug 1 is much harder than craphead

you seem to have trouble understanding what a score is, here let me help you
see this image? it's those numbers right below "PLAYER-1" in the upper left of the play field

hope this helps

Damn........I guess Contra didn't have score all this time.............

>even Metal slug 1 is much harder than craphead
sorry that you think this
maybe one day you'll become competent at video games

ummm sweety contra does have a score that you can see in between levels

that's another game that's a lot easier to clear on one life than it is to s rank cuphead lol

More like go back to your baby shit to get validated on /v/ and fuck off

>ummm sweety contra does have a score that you can see in between levels
Like Cuphead then, gj arguing against yourself

i'm not seeing the point tally in this image bud