/wpsg/- WoW private servers general

Hades will save us edition

Upcoming servers:
>CATA
Hades - 1x, fully blizzlike with pre-nerf raids and dungeons - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en

>TBC
Ares - 1x Instant 60 TBC - October 21st
ares-wow.com/

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfXLDRCxiYI&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was away since sunday. can someone make tldr what happened with elysium and why they don't have general anymore.
Someone destroyed database?

who rolling /ally/ on /ares/

>wasting time on Ares when based HADES is just around the corner

Sad!

>cata

last thread died before anyone could answer me so again
how is atlantiss now?
last time i played pets didnt work right/at all and mob pathing was fucked
also alot of multiboxxing which i dont really like

It's still shit, same as always.

Plus you'll never get a new /wpsg/ guild over there, we downed Ragnaros heroic and agreed to drop the server immediately after.

Just wait on Hades that will be absolutely flawless, T11>>>>>Firelands too. Lots of people are rolling there.

alright thanks
man everytime i want to play wow a server either died or the next hot server is right around the corner
do you know an instant 85 pvp focused cata server by any chance?
just want to have some fun and scratch the wowitch

WoWMortal if it's still around.

thanks again

Doesn't Cata have femgobs?

Isn't cata pure shit though? I am currently playing on dalaran and it seems fucking dead so i might reroll on hades but damn cata sounds like shit to me, is it any good?

Have you ever played it?

Cata is when the game started to get good for me. Fun and challenging boss encounters, great class depth, balanced pvp(until DS), models that didn't look like absolute garbage...

No i haven't played it but i played mob and i hated it. Which classes would you recommend for pve dps with easier rotations?

Easy rotations? Ele shaman, fire mage, combat rogue, surv hunter, ret paladin if you don't mind following CLCRet.

Keep in mind that the concept of rotations died with wotlk. In cata your "rotation" is in truth a priority system.

I see, i have never rolled ele shaman so i will probably go with it when hades launches, thanks m8. Also another question, does cata have more end game stuff than wotlk? I am close to 80 on dalaran and i don't know if i should play a bit there just to see what stuff is like or just wait for hades.

T11 is 13 bosses spread across 3 different instances, with one of the bosses being hc only. Cata rhcs are incredibly fun too, and twinstar claims to have them pre-nerf. Then there's tolbarad, pvp which is usually lively in cata servers...

You won't have as much endgame content right off the bat as in a wotlk server that is already in ICC, but you'll have plenty to do.

Hades is releasing in 1 month so you have plenty of time to explore Dalaran.

man i forgot how bullshit rogue and mage were in pvp in cata

>Currently testing/playing around in Artemis server
>Got to level 23
>Gameplay is flawless
Hyped about the Twinstar's Hades server.
Also
>Progresses to MoP in a couple of years

Delete the discord or don't post it here, please. It's a shitty circlejerk and harms the thread.

Discord is necessary, makes organising shit much easier.

There's no circlejerk either, everyone is welcome, several different cores in there.

You're fucking delusional. It's the same 5 faggots circlejerking all day about stupid bullshit. Kills the thread by stealing all the discussion and makes it so there's no new people.

Listen, I reported the discord link post and it was deleted. No one wants this shit here. As for ''organizing'' this general had longer lasting/better guilds without it. How can this be? I'll let you figure this one out.

>only 5 people talking
>steals all the discussion
Way to contradict yourself there homofag

The most successful guild this general has seen was formed on that same discord lol.

Also, it's pretty obvious you aren't there if you seriously think it's just "5 people talking". How about you just give it a try instead, we don't bite.

To clarify, only 5 people remain since all reasonable people have left.
Which one? Hope it's not the 10 man + pugs cataclysm guild. Yes, I lurk that server. Hell, the most alive channels(beside general shitposting) are retail and dota, no one gives two fucks about private servers on there anymore. Fuck it, you didn't include the promising MoP guild in the thread.

If everyone left then why is the thread still dead if there's only 5 people that talk in the discord at all? Your statements don't work together.

Yes, the only guild to have actually downed the last boss of the tier in the hardest difficulty.

>promising MoP guild
You really aren't in the server. Retail hasn't been alive for a month now.

>/wpsg/ is back
>it's rerolling on cata
Really?

>it's not a rotation it's a priority system
That's exactly what s rotation is

Discord killed it, obviously. Not everyone refreshes Veeky Forums every second to see if there's a new thread up. I realize the community might be dead because there simply isn't a server worth playing on right now but you'll see what will happen once the tbc or cata servers pop up.

Everyone goes to discord > thread dies(everyone shitposting on discord instead) > guild dies because people leave(happens every time) > no new people to replace them because no thread > back to square one

The difficulty with raiding with /wpsg/ is definitely having enough people to even raid. I would consider clearing even the easiest of raids on 25 man requires more raw effort than anything 10 man.

You hype. Yeah I can tell. You hype.
>he's hype

It's also the fact that there are so few good players here that difficult content in anything outside of 10 man is next to impossible unless you play on a funserver like GD where you can be raid ready in a day so you can just constantly throw yourselves at it until it finally dies 6 months later.

Not really, a rotation is something like;
>go A, B, A, B, A, A, B and repeat

while a priority system is more
>A if C
>B
>A
>D

You click 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 in a rotation. Clicking 1-2-3-4-2-1-etc would be a dps loss.
With priority system having procs that reset skill cooldown you're required to click X that proced, doing otherwise would be a dps loss.
Rotation is static, priority can shit.

>wotlk
>hard
youtube.com/watch?v=CfXLDRCxiYI&

As if downing content actually requires any actual ''skill'' in wow. If you're bleeding edge competitive on retail, then yes. Still, even top guilds have casual gamer girls and old men playing in them. Raiding is 80% dedication and preparation. You just have to keep people logging in and doing their job, private servers don't have super tight ass tuning unless you're doing M'uru, playing on a server with custom tuning or have shit gear.

>I would consider clearing even the easiest of raids on 25 man requires more raw effort than anything 10 man.

If you're raiding with retards, sure. 10 good players will have the same difficulty downing a boss as 25 good players. I'd argue that in cata 10m are scaled in a way that makes 10m actually harder if anything.

/wpsg/ was dead for close to half a year before discord was even a thing.

No, and no. Simply look at the fact that it took almost a year longer for slavs to clear 25 man heroic ragnaros on atlantiss. 25 man is always harder, purely because there's more organisation required.

That's because the fight was bugged beyond redemption. Did you even follow the forum drama?

Rag 25m hc straight up didn't work.

The most I read was that getting one meteor was extremely difficult which would imply it had tighter tuning(difficulty).

You don't need to get 1 meteor to down rag 25 hc lol.

The 2 guilds attempting it had a GM always with them to keep a track of the bugs in the fight and make sure nothing was being abused. It was a complete mess.

>tfw new tbc server coming
5 bucks says finns cant resist ares. but alliance or horde?

While not flawless, its bretty good. Though can we transfer from Artemis to Hades? Probably no reason to level in that case and just wait for Hades.

Doesn't matter, bugs are part of the experience. It was still harder though, right? So...

horde because of racials and bloodelves as fapbait

The Devs have stated that there will be no possibility to transfer from Artemis to Hades or vice versa.

/tbcg/ when?

is it good to split up the generals? why cant we all post in wpsg

>25 man is always harder, purely because there's more organisation required
HC Halfius.
25 man - group 1 interrupts, then group 2
10 man - you didn't bring reverberation specced shaman? Touch shit, I don't care.

I see guess I'm waiting for Hades then.

>Isn't cata pure shit though?

cata endgame is great. t11 (blackwing descent, bastion of twilight, throne of the four winds) is a really good raid tier, and very challenging. t12 (firelands) is also neat, but sadly very small (only 7 bosses). t13 (dragon soul) is uninspired garbage and a massive letdown.
5man content at max level is the best of all expansions.

the main problems i have with cata is that the leveling from 1 to 80 has been streamlined and tuned down so much that it is unbearable. completely braindead. literally feels like you're playing diablo 3 instead of wow. also the new azeroth zones are ugly shit.

if you like max level PvE then cataclysm is great. if you like leveling and open world stuff then it is garbage.

Fuck cata and the slavs that shill for it. TBC is the superior xpac

Amen

Let's not forget that the server is going to progress to MoP later on, which brings a whole new level of interest in this project to so many players.

Slavs don't have strong enough PCs to even run cata so you''re wrong.

What classes are you going to roll on Twinstar's Hades?
I for one am rolling a male troll or a female ud mage as a main and a blood DK later on as an alt.

Is the scripting any good?

discord.gg/bSXZw39

We have a spreadsheet going around.

Real /wpsg/ cats play all servers regardless of expansions

why are you cats

Come on, just post your preference. Let's get some convo going.

t. tyrannis

Fuck off.

not for me desu, i hate pandaland expansion.
but more importantly, i wont sit through a year of farming fucking dragon soul for it. im mostly in it because the first months of cata on retail were legitimately the best time i ever had in wow.
gearing up through cata 5mans and heroics was so much fun that i even did all the achievements for the stone dragon mount.
progressing through T11 was super fun, because even normal fights were decently challenging and heroic was balls to the wall brutal. we only managed to clear 6/13 hc before firelands release, but still had a lot of fun running this content.
same for firelands, literally every raid day was fun, even when it was just us throwing our bodies at heroic ragnaros for 4 hours straight.

thats what i want out of this server. i hope its gonna be good.

verdy told me that shamans were bad in 10 man

if you wanna roll mage the best race is troll, followed closely by goblin

undead is not good for PvE

>tfw never played cata before but played hades ptr and it seemed pretty fun

nothing was bad in 10man in cataclysm
well maybe if you insisted on playing a shit spec like enhancement shaman or cat druid and your raid already had too much melee, but overall nearly everything was viable in cata
except for obvious meme shit like pve frost mage or sub rogue

>or sub rogue
You tried to fit in but failed.

Gotchya.
I took a look at the general section on Twinstar's Cataclysm general board and there seems to be a guild looking for ranged dps in the form of 2 Warlocks. What is the reason for the overwhelming preference for 'locks?

because he's a (cat)a shill

>sub rogue
>bad
are you actually retarded

the only reason senna was remotely competitive with that sub rogue is because it was bugged to shit on atlantiss

this

it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with atlantiss. did you even play the fucking expansion?

should I play on ares or hold strong for crestfall/netherwing?

Lmao exposed

sub wasn't good until DS. I'm not sure what was changed about it but throughout the other tiers it was a huge meme.

i'm a poorfag slav and i have a pc that can max out any wow expansion

It wasn't about a specific class/spec combo being bad, it's about "bring X or get fucked while 25 mans cruise through content".

has anybody here actually played on the twinstar cata server?
is it good?

>Atlantiss
>Good Scripting
Maybe on the surface level

Slow as fuck releasing content, but good quality in general.

how much content do they have running?
cata dungeons and heroics?
t11 raids?
zul aman and zul gurub?
firelands?
4.3 heroics?
dragon soul?

That image must be years old since someone still believed in Corecraft. Back then Atlantiss was the only server with even some of the low level content in Cata working not to mention raids.

Dungeons:
Throne of the Tides available
Blackrock Caverns available
The Stonecore available
Vortex Pinnacle available
Lost City of the Tol'vir available
Halls of Origination available
Grim Batol available
Deadmines available
Shadowfang Keep available
Zul'Aman available
Zul'Gurub available
Raids:
Baradin Hold Argaloth, Occu'thar available
Bastion of Twilight available
Throne of the Four Winds available
Blackwing Descent available
Firelands available

Basically everything up to and including patch 4.2

crogge did literally nothing wrong, he was just raising money to pay the server hosting.

Shit, wouldn't found myself
Who even cames with names like this

so it has pretty much all the good stuff about cataclysm available?
sounds great. looking forward to hades launch.

We really need official servers because of shit like this. What a fucking joke of a community

They're basically escalating "guild drama" to a higher level. And r*dditors love this shit.

why would anyone want to play a paladin in vanilla?

ares!

overpowered as fuck in pvp

Suffering is nothing new in my life, I'm used to it.