Doki Doki Literature Club! - #23

Just Monika Edition

Previous Thread: Website: ddlc.moe
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa
Monika Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jJHe4i90Ua0
pastebin.com/j5X1VdJk
youtube.com/watch?v=EDwb9jOVRtU
discord.gg/WadSSpy
youtube.com/watch?v=KrDOAXf_mXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for all girls are good high tier girls and to remind everyone to keep this thread waifu-war free

My heart goes doki doki
Whenever I think of Monika

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

Reminder that this is the best track on the OST

youtube.com/watch?v=jJHe4i90Ua0

Dear god she's even more petite than Megumin.

But waifu wars are F U N

Actually no, Megumin is 145cm.

threadly reminder that monika lies to you at the end of the game about the other girls suicides being mistakes, since sayori heavily implies monika physically told her to kill herself

Seconded
Also what movies would each doki love?

Thanks you very much for posting this.

Hey if that futa Monika writer is in here, that was good stuff man.

Yuri needs the knives for self defense against creepy Python programmers

Yeah but she's 45kg while being shorter. Natsuki is literally starving to death, fuck me.

>Maybe Monika is right...
>Maybe I am stunting user's emotional and social growth by attempting to monopolize his time by making him enter a relationship with me...
ez fix.

best song feat best girl!

the 'roughly 40kg' thing was just copied straight from the megumin one. I don't think Dan has said anything about the girls canon weights.

Yuri: The Ring
Natsuki: PreCure movies
Sayori: The Hanging
Monika: Crazy About You

nth for don't bring her into other games. She ends up breaking menus and looking right at you.

Yeah, with regards to the script
She's pretty callous throughout the whole game but I don't think she actually tells a single lie in her spaceroom speeches. She even fesses up to a prior one, that she couldn't actually bring herself to delete the other girls

>feminine testicles

okay I haven't heard that one before, touche.

then what does sayori mean when she says "i'll listen to what she told me"

>pastebin.com/j5X1VdJk

>I hope you'll enjoy reading this mess of a story as much as I had writing it.

I enjoyed it a lot, look foreword to more! (just please stop blindly praising monika 10/10 and actually help her with her issues)

After Yuri it's time for Sayori.
but I just couldn't left her hanging...
damn you Sayori...

Awwwwh, that's super cute

>Yuri
Horror, Slasher, Psychological Thriller
>Natsuki
Anime shit, especially magical girl shit.
>Sayori
Indie, RomCom, anything bittersweet really.
>Monika
Documentaries, Romance

>that's cute
>oh no
>goddamnit
>awww
That was a whirlwind of emotions.

She'll listen to Monika telling her to kms herself, presumably
She never denies getting the girls to commit suicide, she never even tries. She only apologizes for making you see some gross shit as a result of it

>Came in expecting cute
>Ended with cute.
Thank you user.

Yuri would also like fantasy stuff like LOTR and whatnot. She likes that kind of stuff, not just violent twisted things.

>Romance
>tfw I wanna watch old timey romance films with Monika
Would she love "Roman Holiday" and it's ending where Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn don't get together?

at one point she states that she "just wanted to make them unlikable" even though it's obvious that she went above and beyond that

Monika would watch Her with you, but then at end, look at you and say she wouldn't leave you like that.

She also says right afterward that tactic didn't work and she had to resort to more drastic measures

Making Sayori depressed has the opposite effect. I notice more Anons falling for her due to the "wounded puppy" effect.
[Spoiler]Like me. Big time[/Spoiler]

All my feels, my man

The AI leaves the guy at the end? Guess I can take that off my plan to watch list.

That, and her depression is probably the most relatable case of depression I've ever seen in a work of fiction.

SHIT. I'm a dumbass. I'm sorry. I'll go Sayori now.

i want to help sayori fight her depression and make sure she's okay

No worries man the movie is like 5 years old.

Well, what else could she have done, she couldn't really make a route for herself since she's doesn't have a firm grasp on how to code, so she did what she thought was the only way. It's kinda sad she had to do those things but she clearly regrets all of it in the True Ending.

Are there any good/ notable LPs or streams yet?
I wanna watch other peoples reactions

M2K's stream was legit fun.

>implying that regret redeems her as a character

There's ManlyBadAssHero and MagikarpUsedFly, but aside from them not really much, hoping to see since the game is only like a month or two old.

Depends on the person, I guess, I mean she wouldn't have a fanbase if that were the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=EDwb9jOVRtU

Is this Sayoris favorite song?

discord.gg/WadSSpy

Is it weird that I imagine Monika mucking with the game's code but not quite knowing what she's doing, leading her to get flustered and agitated and it's super cute?
I just want to hug her and teach her how to do it properly. Even though I have no idea how to code

>implying there was anything to redeem
She was already a good character and a good antagonist, regretting it only added another nuance

Every thread

The things that Monika does are technically far more complicated than simply writing a fucking route.

>this is monika literature of choice

If she's anything like me, editing existing assets is infinitely easier than creating new ones.

Can you imagine what it would look like if Monika was able to write a route for herself? Would the text be bold and black like during act 2's spooks but with romantic texts about Monika? Also the world glitching around them as you progress to her probably buggy and unfinished route, ending with the game crashing.

What I mean is that, if you look into the actual script, Monika's actions often require actual coding. Meanwhile, writing straightforward visual novels is simple as fuck with Ren'py.

Alright nerds I need your help with a autistic project of mine I'm bored, sick and I wanna mod something and make it Doki Doki Literature Club related.

However I'm shit with most modding things but not as shit with sprite editing so I'm gonna do something with Sanic Mania, already working on replacing Robotnik/Eggman with Monika need help figuring out who the others should be.

Any other suggestions would be nice too.

Natsuki Sonic
Sayori Tails
Yuri Knuckles
No idea how their flying and gliding would logically work though.

Sayori could fly with a helicoter noose or something. Though i think that might a bit much for a simple mod.

>Sayori Tails

The tails are actually a noose holding her up.

My plan was I was gonna give whoever Tails is a jetpack.

Yuri as sonic because she's got an edge over the other girls
Natsuki as knuckles because she'd smack the shit outta anyone who tries to get her cupcake emeralds

I like you and your purpose, user

she's a good antagonist and i guess a well written character but in terms of being likable she's practically roadkill

the yuri one is incorrect bad post

Someone has to the peacemaker in a battlefield.

Sayori bullying is half the reason I open these threads.

sayori bullying is the reason i hate these threads

Replace Yuri with stabbing herself to death pls

Does Monika ever blush?

When he got to the part where monika calls (you) by name
>do you think
>that dan salvato made this game
>and programmed that in just on the off chance I play it?
I fucking love m2k

Sayori is a good girl who deserves peace of mind.

I love this game and the community surrounding it. Now im just waiting for new updates and 2018.
It's time to be a fucking hero.

Both of us.

>He gets to Natsuki's line about Yuri's breasts seemingly "getting" bigger.
>Wait do they actually do that?
lol m2k

>both of us
>mfw it's gonna be about Monika redeeming herself by saving her friends from big bad
or it could be something different but with references to Doki Doki, which is fine too

>Monika as Eggman
>remember that one part in Mania where Eggman is in a scuba
>tfw imagining Monika in a skin tight scuba suit.

fuck whyd you have to share?

Most people seem to believe that protag is leaving that message.
Here's to hoping.

D-d-don't lewd the dokis!

I heard it's supposed to be different due to artstyle change. Something about looking at Monika's CHR file. I don't have proof, hoping another user would back me up on this.

We don't know whats going to happen yet. Right now the biggest questions that i have are
>What is the third eye?
>Who is the patient in project libitina and who is the doctor?
>When can i marry Natsuki?
>What the actual fuck is going on really?

Rate the dokis, sluttiest to least slutty.
Monika > Yuri > Sayori > Natsuki

oh shit, that makes more sense, the protag and (you) team together. Wonder if it'll give (you) choices that the protag would comment on.

Most likely that message is monika saying stuff to YOU, not protag or anything.

Natsuki is pure and i love her. Thanks.

>IS NATSUKI REALLY A MAN?
>WOULD YOU STILL LOVE HIM?
>YES

We don't know, but it definitely will be big.

youtube.com/watch?v=KrDOAXf_mXw

>but in terms of being likable she's practically roadkill
I can see her being that for most people, she doesn't really do much to make you like her. Some of her space room dialogue changed my mind though, she was really just doing the best she could to not go insane with the absolute shit situation she was in
Also I thought at the time some of her interventions in act 2 were so Yuri didn't kill me or something, which I appreciated

>Monika most slutty
>when she's so dedicated to you she deletes everyone else
>Yuri who dies for you
>Sayori the pure childhood friend
Slutsuki would probably be number one as she takes her dad's dick every day she thinks that's all she's good for and sucks guys off for lunch money in the school bathroom while they say things like "drink your milk whore".

Monika=Yuri=Natsuki>Sayori
But in the end, they all want MC-kuns 6'' lovestick

sTOP THIS NETORARE SHIT MAN ITS NOT FUNNY

Yuri: doesn't play games, but finds a deep and abiding love for sheik
Monika: doesn't like games, always hits random
Natsuki: knows a good amount of tech but has nobody to play against. Falco.
Sayori: doesn't like games, Kirby

>Netorare
I mean it only is if you like a literal human cum dumpster like Nutsucci.

I thought the story summaries that Yuri was giving from her horror novels were hinting to the actual plot of this game until very late when I realized it was just Monika. I thought protag and Monika were the only two humans trapped in an underground bunker being put in a simulation by weirdos who want to torture them, and thus Sayori/Yuri/Natsuki were malicious, controlled by the torturers to keep protag in a nightmare scenario/psychological torture. It made the game much scarier and feel more threatening than it actually turned out to be.

Delet this

I always see a lot of people suggesting that Monika would play this character or that character, but don't forget that she's Dan, so that would make her a Link Main.

>mfw taking a closer look at natsuki

is there any good cosplay yet?