What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on college graduates working fast food jobs while looking for work?

What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on college graduates working fast food jobs while looking for work?

I have no thoughts on it. Stop caring about what other people think.

liberal arts major i assume? try r9k.

It is what it is.

Can't wait until even that job is automated!

What else are they supposed to do - work in office part time?

It could be right now, people would just get butthurt about it. You could easily design a system that feeds burg patties or fries and pops them out cooked. They just need occasional cleaning. Registers can be automated, we already have restaurants with zero human interaction.

The only thing I can't reasonably expect is automating the construction of a burger, because of lettuce. Shitty chains can get away with chopped lettuce, but if you want to optimize for the spine-removed dark green leaves, that would be somewhat difficult.

Bottom line is, automation always implies a drastic shift in user experience, but that's it.

even with a degree you still have to enter the workforce and with little experience you will have to pick up a few shit jobs and work the ladder.

The ladder however, should be quicker for you, because you have a degree and should be able to demonstrate to your coworkers and bosses that you are a mature, responsible, and productive employee.

If you do this while flipping burgers, you will get noticed. The owners will see your potential, eventually offering you a GM position. If they don't and you can't seem to move upward in fast food, then you are a fucking child and probably don't even really deserve the career your degree is actually intended to give you

definitely dont stay in a fast food job. try a call center or data entry place since retail/fastfood is hell and utter shit

work your way up from there

jews caused this.

A good way to make enough money while studying. A solid work ethic also opens up opportunity for movement into corporate side of the business if it's a larger chain.

In terms of people's perceptions and other memetic nonsense, couldn't get a shit.

>try a call center

I've heard nothing but horror stories about call centers.

>data entry place

What is that anyway? Couldn't that be automated away with a tiny script?

>Couldn't that be automated away with a tiny script?

Get the job, automate the job, enjoy free time at the job, get bored of free time, sell automation to management, exit quickly before wrath of co-workers ensues.

Bad idea and it damages your career.
1. You should be looking for a job as a priority. If you have time for full time shit wage then you are doing it wrong
2. Ruins all negotiation for wage in your new job. While you are going to get completely ass fucked anyways, they will demand you smile while they do it now.
3. When they ask why you want to leave McD your only response is it sucks. If you try the not your ideal field of work thing then you have to say why did you took the job in the first place. Money is not an acceptable answer.

You should find a horrible shit job in your current field or something you can spin to a resume. The call center would provide that interview question: "Have you had to deal with conflict; How did you resolve it"

Might as well kill yourself

tailor the just-so-i-can-pay-the-bill jobs to something you can mildly enjoy doing 8 hrs a day...

Become a server or bartender, make fat cash on tips (200 USD +) on a good night if you work somewhere nice, while also working on your social skills, because god knows all you autistic fucks need practice.

>2. Ruins all negotiation for wage in your new job

Since it's irrelevant to the job you're applying to, why even mention it on your resume?

HR doesn't like gaps. You might get a pass for the economy being in the shitter, but probably not. Also, if you can fill up your resume properly, why the fuck are you have post-grad jobs with fast food.

i'd rather do meme online work. even if it pays less. public-facing jobs are literal hell in general without even considering the fact that you're making gross (((food))) all day. i had a job like that for three years (grocery store) and it was bearable only because it wasn't fast food.

right a cute

Respect

>HR doesn't like gaps
A gap right after graduating from undergrad is not a big deal. I secured a job at Piper Jaffray even after taking a year off to travel once I finished undergrad. It's not that big of a deal as long as you have a reason why you weren't working in that time period. Stop giving shitty advice kid.

Its a perfect temporary job while you are studying or trying to find work.

But if you are working there full-time on the other hand...

Can you tell me the difference between an LLC and a C Corp?

>being a literal servant makes you good in social situations
No, it makes you bitch.

This pretty much my family.
I always make sure to tip the male waiter with my shiggy diggy look.