Eve Online General - /eog/

Elite PVP edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg
>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Lifeblood "expansion" Oct 24. updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ship re-balance, shitty minigames, moonmining, refineries and more things you didn't ask for!

Past:
>CO2 dead, Gigx permabanned for Serbian outburst
>All-Out confirmed worst guild in EVE.
>Goonswarm is dead.
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

First for Join All-Out

gayllente

test alliance please ignore

plate rep is best

>Burst on d-scan

>put a batch of Covetors up for sale
>every transaction is 3 at a time
I don't get it.

Another dead, another nosense, thx a lot, 5 days in game

>We felt bad man. We didn't see you were 5 days old. So...we killed you. We want you to take the 10m as compesation for what we did man. But you really shouldn't be going out into nullsec in an unfitted Bantam.
i Dont need your money. I just want understand that game, butt u shoting to every one n everything what moving.

>If you have any questions about understanding the game, Go ahead and ask me. I'm always glad to help a new bro
No, only the answer "Go Fuck yourself" all the time is the same all the tinme. Now i have nothing, no money, no ships, nothing, have to crateat 2nd character. I Want learn alone but your lvl intelligency is so low, u got everything, billions ISk, PLEX, Ships, Fleet n u still shooting to new players, they r not your enemy "bro". Maybe Next time if see new player, write to him, tell what he doing wrong. Dont kill him because he dont known where he is, n what he doing in your space. This is not the reason to kill him.

>I'm trying to help you. You don't have to create a second character. I threw money at you to help you. Alright? Take my money and use it.
(I poured money back, 10m ISK) No sense. Do u rly Think 'you are the Gods of the game" do rly think the new player are the idiots n they rly need your money ? No they just want check what the game is. U got the cloak u can hide, Alpha clones dont. Why the hell u doing this. Stop killing new players u r not better of them and please before u shoot click RBM n check what lvl n scan what ship yr oponnetn got.
GL n HF in game

To all, do u rly have to do this? u crying all the time is the only 34k players in game n the years before was more. Maybe your logic or stupid rules are wrong. If u rly want help new players just help, dead is not good to everyone. Check lvl first then shoot.

is this copypasta

bait

Tactical Supremacy once again showing Pandemic Legion whom is boss.

So how should i begin?
I like games that you can start guilds to fight other guilds and to maybe make alliances etc.
Is this how Eve is?
Will i have fun playing?

>guild

I would join another corporation. Trying to start your own is very difficult not because its gameplay is hard but because if you don't really know how to play the game how could you make your corporation more likeable for others?

I never made a guild even on MMOs that i played for years lol thats not my plan
Will it be hard to join a corp? Do they help newbies or something?

what's the best way to get game time? plex or monthly sub? how much plex is need to sub anyways? it's been a while...

500 plex = 1 oldschool plex = 30 days

depends on the corp

There are tons of new player corps to pal around with

Pandemic horde
Karmafleet
Brave Newbies

and more

How bad is the hazing?

just a timestamped dick pic and a 20-minute ERP sesh with your recruiter.

what the fuck do i do with a bunch of slightly damage crystals i dont fly >amarr

and i cant repackage them do i just reprocess or stick them in a contract and hope someone buys them?

>buy 440 plex
>get 60 FREE

where do i sign up

provide ships for a plate rep beam omen roam

I can't have my future corpmates see I only have 5 inches hard...

(((CCP)))

People have been asking that question for years.
You contract sell them or you do what everyone else does and keep them in a container called damaged crystals that only ever seems to fill up.

Tormentor

nerf

oneiros

Is there an easy way to plot trade routes as an alpha hauler? most guides recommend using eve central to find where stuff is selling low and selling high but as far as I can tell that sites been down for awhile.

use Eve marketeer

oneiros

Damage Control

How do I map tripwire wormholes without a second monitor and/or ingame browser :(

You get good at alt tabbing

24/7 cloaky camping evry day.

reported

Anyone know an incursion community/channel?
I'm a new player looking to try incursions in order to get some fleet experience.

/dog/ can't help you with that.

what are the details of the upcoming alpha balance changes?

Try getting into TVP. Don't really remember whats the name of their channel. Also there was a group doing smaller incursions ISN(iirc). If you will google TVP Im sure they will have their channel listed somewhere.

You can have alpha with 20m SP. The thing is, on alpha you can skill only same skills like now. To get into those 20m you will have to inject or get omega. AFAIK Alphas will be able to fly T1 BSs and have T2 small and medium guns

wow nice, i have a maxed alpha account right now. being able to fly t1 bs would be pretty cool

We should post /dog/ fittings into the community fittings

But to get those skills above alpha we have right now, you will have to inject them or plex and skill them as omega. The thing with new Alphas will be that they will be able to use some skills for Omegas, but only after they were skilled on Omega or injected. If you play only on Alpha, then current SP maximum will stay the same for you.

blobbers cant post anymore in this thread.

bye bye.

>alpha
>hauler
ytho

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep sovnull, safe ratting space, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

>Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

oneiros

rattlesnake

jaguar

tristan

When is CCP going to sharpen the gila's appearance? The cockpit looks like garbage.

ded

the time (of dogs) has come and so have I

Already?

>scanning your chain every day
>rolling all holes
>forced to have alts that do nothing but sit on critted holes if you can't get some newfag to do it
>having to listen to EVE sounds in case someone jumps in
>after 3 hours of chores you can finally run your sites while dscanning like a maniac
>like all EVE PVE it's not actually fun
>new sig pops open
>frantically get your expensive PVE ships safe
>play cat and mouse with the other autists who just rolled into your hole
>if it's a bigger corp you're forced to sacrifice a fleet to their t3c blob in a ritualistic ''''gudfite''''
>dropping caps is haram if you don't want to get evicted
>you can never be sure if you've killed all of them
>there are days you can't run your sites at all so all you do is PI
>your actual Isk/h is barely better than that of a highsec mission runner if you account for all the legwork you have to do
>your corp is inactive and spends more time shitposting than actually playing the game
>you have to spoonfeed them if you want to get fights
>to do anything at all you first need to probe shit for an hour
>this is the whnigger life
>meanwhile in nullbabby space
>log in and open intel tool
>intel bots do all the hard work for you
>explorers report new holes
>alliance pays people to roll them
>undock your rorq army without a care in the world
>you're safe under a supercap umbrella with fax support
>the only people that die are those too dumb to light a cyno and too lazy to watch their intel tool
>effortlessly make 1b+/hour while pvping on your main or playing other games
>moongoo mining just means even more demand for rorqs
>whniggers roll into your system
>log in titan to bosom them
>they cry in local and run away

accurate

Someone is hauling them somewhere else to sell them for higher, and can only haul 3 at a time?

Or making Hulks from 3-run BPCs.

>quiet

Not anymore

I'm more than satisfied making one billion every few days, I only really need like 3bill in my wallet to replace losses. I don't know how or why nullbabbies feel the need to pve for hours on end, it's just not fun. I guess we don't have supers to aim for though so they've got more uses for the money.

the amount of autism in null is beyond richters scale.

people will literally laugh at you for suggesting that they should move to the optional staging for dank l33t content with "lol I can't make money there" while sipping roids with his 3 alts and super ratting at the same time

I also don't get their deluded idea that wormholers sacrifice ships to HK/Lazer to avoid eviction when we just fight because it's fun.

Gudfites isn't a meme, it's life.

Nice b8. Eve is cruel. Learn to survive. I was fucking over players with years of experience on me by week 3 of playing.

Here's the formula for Eve.

Power = (Skillpoints + Isk)^(Ruthlessness + Creativity)

Someone with infinite resources by a passive mind is a nonthreat. Someone with few resources but a dangerous mind is an extreme threat.

Varies heavily between corps, but the vast majority of eve players go out of their way to help new players. Just don't be a cockbag. That said, if you prefer to solo you can just join some guilds that don't have ops or one of the public channels. Either way you want to make contact with a regular group of players to help you out, but that doesn't necessarily mean going for group play. Could just be a buncha guys to shoot the shit with while you each do solo stuff.

plate bellicose

no fitting

Retribution

when is CCP going to make a ship design that isnt shit?

you're opinion is shit

>It's a CCP ruins another Caldari hull with a "redesign" episode

Nullbears don't understand fights between 100v100 f1 blobs, fighting isn't fun to them.

I've seen this episode before

Inner hell more like inner smell lmao gottem

Worm

>live in a wormhole no one wants so no one bothers you
>create 5 accounts, 15 characters for PI
>do initial fucking AIDS of setting up that many PI extraction colonies
>if you managed to not kill yourself after that ordeal, you now have an extremely profitable venture that doubles as a skill extraction farm
>literally 5 billion a month for resetting your PI once or twice a week, even more if you can be bothered to reset it every other day
>have to probe literally only once a month when you have to ship the products to jita
I literally never have to worry about isk for the rest of my eve career and PI prices are about to spike too because of the new structures so right now the profit is even more absurd.

While this is some delicious bait, I can't help but agree to some extent.

Why is it that in Eve the default thing to do is to just kill indiscriminately? Some people even go out of their way of sitting for literal hours in a relic site waiting for a 2 mil heron to show up just so they can kill it.

I just don't understand what they have to gain from this? No one is impressed with an exploration frigate killmail and the loot is invariably terrible.

Because 2mil Herons can be full of relic loot worth tens or hundreds of millions. Not all of them are, but some are.

>Why is it that in Eve the default thing to do is to just kill indiscriminately?

it's fun

>Some people even go out of their way of sitting for literal hours in a relic site waiting for a 2 mil heron to show up just so they can kill it.

this is only fun if you have asperger's syndrome

>this is only fun if you have asperger's syndrome
No it not, not even for us
t. Person with asperger's syndrome

That would be called piracy. But I see your point, I don't get my jollies from killing people in newbie ships or very obvious newbie t1 frigates.

Sometimes I be doing lowsec piracy and attacking people in plexs every single one of them who is capable of fighting is a warstabbed bot and the few people who really do want to fight are 3 day old newbies in kestrels. It feels bad to kill them especially when your in shit like a garmur or Comet.

whspace sounds like hell

Its mostly boring hole jewing, and occasionally a T3 fight breaks out.

oh boy t3s they sure are balanced and a lot of fun

They have the best force to mass ratio in the game, it's an unfortunate side effect of WH mechanics.

Cry about it faggot no one uses the teng and proteus anymore because they're shit. Only the liking is good with the legion at a distant second

the tengu and proteus are still overpowered though

I'm Jewish.

why are you in a garmur?

I have a pile of money. Why wouldn't I spend it on ships?

if you want to fly a garmur you'll need a letter from a doctor explaining that you really have brain damage so it's ok

No they fucking aren't. The tengu is ass slow and can't compete with the loki with hams at all. The proteus is literally a shit legion with worse cpu and everything

The only thing I've seen people do with their proteus is fit up these retarded solo fits that get maybe 800 to 900 dps and go around solo cloaky hunting until they can find something they can melt. Other than that it's slow, useless and is inferior to the legion in every way

the loki is more overpowered than the others. they're still overpowered

lol no they aren't

>covops cloak free combat probes 999 dps 99999 tank every ewar bonus you can imagine

wormholefags talking about balance

stop talking about shit you don't understand