/lhg/ Lights Hope General

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

QUICK TLDR ON THE SITUATION: The server broke into two servers due to original /elyg/ creator (crogge) selling chars and gold. /lhg/ is the the less corrupt server and it's less laggy than ever. /lhg/ got the better System admin and poached the main developer.

twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

Alliance guild:

2x Raid Groups

Horde guild:
Merged with MoH

/who "guild name", and whisper a higher level character to get an invite.

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (Drop the MPQ in your data folder, and don't post screenshots and get banned retard):
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

note: You may need to fix your WDB folder after the update due to it describing item stats wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/lightshope/comments/77at75/realm_rename_suggestions/
youtube.com/watch?v=ImK7w8lmDhY
strawpoll.me/14179244/
youtube.com/watch?v=DurcdkTvO3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LET ME MAKE AN ACCOUNT! FUCK!

>still making shitpost OPs

WARRIOR OR ROGUES BOYS I WANT TO BE MELEE AND HAVE FUN

World of Warcraft!

rogue if you want fun. warrior if you want better chance of getting groups

>pottu
>no vpn ban
Who should i buy from, mmotank or nost100?

>still playing on a shitpost server

is puddi single?

Ares!

Hunter with nightfall

so wait wait wait let me get this straight

elysium burned down with 2 of the scammers inside of it but this new light's hope is being spearheaded by some whitekidney gold seller

are people actually stupid enough to have any faith in private servers anymore?

aoba please be my girlfriend

Anyone know any late night guilds alliance or horde? i play at like 10pm PST/1am PST.
Maybe I should stay up and just join australians. I can't get up at 4am or something to raid with Europe.

who the fuck would play on a cucked 90% undead and blood elf server

>elysium burned down with 2 of the scammers inside o
Yes.
>new light's hope is being spearheaded by some whitekidney gold seller
Yes.
>are people actually stupid enough to have any faith in private servers anymore?
Yes.

faction queues

Is ares an instant 60 server?

who the fuck would play on a cucked 90% human and night elf server

Whats so shitpost about it?
Tons of people have left the horde guild and the remaining members are begging another guild to let them merge.
Its dead son...

Did you know that Longview is just one of Jaime's alts?

cuck isn't just a word you can put in the middle of a sentence and expect it to make sense idiot.

Thats not even the worst thing. The worst thing is that it's Kronos so pathing is fucked, leash range is fucked and mob damage is fucked.

at least the best alliance races arn't zombies and pretty boys while the actual proud horde races like orcs, trolls and tauren sit in the corner

cuck

you will never have fun as a warrior without a priest or paladin dickriding you 24/7

is pick pocketing fixed on lights hope?

its going to be, yes

What was the post he deleted it.

I'm making a character on ares ptr right now and doing the boost.
Does anyone have ideas on anything I can test in hellfire? I can webm whatever the fuck you nerds want.

they didnt change any of the gold farming nerfs, so no

okay i need some advice here, every thread i see someone post about pre-bis?
is this a meme is this true?
is it really hard to find groups for this?
is it better on horde or alliance?

The ptr has been up forever.
Is it staying up till server release?

why would anyone want to run 5mans when they already have prebis?

horde is all chinese. alliance has more na population but every good player is raidlogging. you might get lucky and group with some alts from good guilds but most of us are done with 5mans at this point.

She's with Alexensual unfortunately. Deca is single though at least

no matter which server you play on, what you accomplish in hours will just be done in seconds by some faggot gm

you're actually going to spend days on someone else's server where they give power to the chinese to make quick bank and then pack it up and make a new server to cash in on the gullible "fresh start everyone is equal xD" crowd?

good luck ever holding anyone accountable on these fake servers where you're a product for the gold buyer to fuck with

it's not a meme expect great difficulty in finding groups regardless of class. i'd recommend you start at 52 to make it easier on yourself. but most if not all people just won't invite you until you are 60, its a pretty shitty environment for new people coming up, you're probably going to have to do alot of sellable res runs to find groups for instances, maybe even find guys running dungeons selling loot.

>horde is all chinese. alliance has more na population
this is a meme. both factions are equally chink infested

Alliance is the white NA faction while only chinks play Horde.

fuck

>Are you going to undo Elysium changes to farming/loot/mechanics/raids/everything? EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE! We will be meticulously going through and evaluating every change that was made, determining if the change is still necessary, and documenting the change along with whether or not we are deciding to keep the change.

will it be changed? Probably not

>is this a meme is this true?
Sometimes. Most guilds, if they need to fill a slot, don't "Require" pre-bis. Ultra-tryhard ones do but they normally have a dude ready to go anyhow. It's more a guild wants to see you trying and working on gear rather than expecting handouts. I don't want to imply anything but much of the complaints here would be from people who aren't trying very hard (or it's shitposting).
>is it really hard to find groups for this?
It can be, and some classes are going to have it rougher than others. Most of the server has been playing for awhile and so don't need many of the dungeons the person gearing up needs.
Time of day can also factor. If you're NA but playing at real china hours, you are going to see less groups or have difficulties filling a group.
How "hard" it is can be opinion, but it's definitely not as easy to find groups as it was in the past. Some people find groups asap, others search for hours and get really frustrated.
>is it better on horde or alliance?
Both are mostly the same. The biggest chinese guilds are horde but there are NA players on both factions. It feels like there are slightly more NA players alliance side but that's not based on anything but muh feelings.

Depending on your class, pre-bis may be a lot easier than you think. And you certainly don't need pre-bis for MC, and if you don't have a guild running it most pugs do not require it either.
My very general advice would be to find a cool guild as soon as you're able, as being friends with people goes a long way towards getting groups. If you're alone this is kind of a shitty game at 60, and people can be hesitant to help out a new 60 joining since they don't know you and have likely experienced other guild hoppers already at this stage. (unless they specifically need your class/spec asap).

believe it's down starting thursday, unsure of the exact time. So now would be a good time to make sure your ui is working the way you wnat.
Or i guess you could always use smolderforge or whatever.

Why the fuck is this in the game?

what classes have the easiest time getting prebis/groups?

>g-guys come play on Elysi- Lights hope the pool is open!

Will this server die before I hit 60?

to make the class even slightly relevant

Likely, I give it 2-3months max

>will this server die

where do you think you are?

Realm Rename Suggestions

reddit.com/r/lightshope/comments/77at75/realm_rename_suggestions/

Depends. Can you hit 60 in about a week?

okay user here is what you do if you want to have fun before sever dies.
step 1.
roll a warrior
step 2.
tank everything
syep 3.
youtube.com/watch?v=ImK7w8lmDhY

This is the 17th time you've posted that gay lizard video and I swear to christ i'm going to come to your house and kiss you on the mouth if you post it one more goddamn time

w/e earwen

who and who?

tanks. if you're not a tank don't expect to find a group. make friends with tanks, suck their dick, kiss their ass. do what you gotta do.

Longview is the GM and attentionwhore of Iron Guard
Jaime is Eyelash

just to add to this warrior tanks, im a druid and most people just ignore me if i offer to tank.

is jaime the only real girl in mandate?

>Mandate clearing ZG with 4 different groups in 1 day

any other guilds even trying?

>piss easy catch-up raid

truly amazing, how does manlett do it?

Literally none. I stay up with ozzys because the banter makes it worth it.

In the winter the times aren't that bad, 12-1am start times.

Come spring the time change makes it 3am though so unless you're a complete neet like myself it's impossible.

did the horde guilds fill even 1 raid? LOL

what horde guilds?

E X A C T L Y

>rolling Horde

Tanks start groups

You shouldn't offer you just start it

Scholo/strat ud you can literally make money tanking as a druid tank.

>joins Veeky Forums guilds

Reposting:
strawpoll.me/14179244/

What sort of changes would you guys want/be OK with being implemented if we went the route of rolling slightly modified vanilla?

Team USA hype

>squido leaves the hyperbolic time chamber

So going into any sort of cave as a mage is instant death unless you're way overleveled? that is so fucking stupid

as soon as 2 mobs are on me i'm dead

Sheep one

What's the problem

comfy

w-who can i contact for in-game ageplay ERP?

add me
Madti#7077

Whats that? Ten gold?

what addon is this for such a comfy fishing time?

Honestly most of the shit/hybrid specs don't need much fine tuning, they are more handicapped by lack of properly itemized gear and stupid shit like no arcane/nature resist debuff.

I'm just leveling for zg, I don't even know where to fish for gold in vanilla
Fishingbuddy, it's suprisingly high quality for vanilla and still updated on retail. I've had it installed for years, great addon 10/10.

I remember doing the complete opposite to this.
Being up at 3am for raid starts as an Aussie.

Pretty sure I was terrible and they only kept me for my banter.

82nd for ares

I don't know the oceanics handle no sleep and all that lag.

The thing I like most about squidcraft is it's claims to be Blizzlike. Every private server claims to be Blizzlike in one way or another, but there's a huge difference. While the lagfests, goldspam and alien languages plague nearly all popular private servers, they use Blizzlike as an advertisement. Not squidcraft. squidcraft uses Blizzlike as a homage to what they've completely revamped and improved upon in a way that the original author could never accomplish. It's objectively and literally a tip of the fedora at the original WoW team while saying "We'll take it from here." That's not funserver, that's betterserver. That's squidcraft Blizzlike.

I may have to do that too. Not a complete neet but I am up late and can make my schedules - sucks tho.
Thank you, user.

We were pretty much used to it by then.
I was working nights anyway so it wasn't that much of a hassle for me.

Miss my USfags. Fuckers were completely batshit.

what do you listen too while fishing?
youtube.com/watch?v=DurcdkTvO3c

>Disconnected from server

ree?

ree or just me

here we go

ree?

its gone lads
big B swiped it down

ree

I just got a tigerstrike mantle pls no rollback

IT'S OVER AGAIN

BACK TO ELYSIUM LADS!

REEEEEEEE

I had one more thing to kill.

SQUDIO should i roll a warrior or a rogue?