/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #593

''In the big city'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Soon)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
streamable.com/t54or
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will episode two be released? Midnight or some time tomorrow?

Gonna post in this thread because rachel a shit

THIS IS THE THREAD BOYS

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Thank you!

Second bestes couple (after Pricefield) incoming!

Chloe is #1

>second best couple
>not an image of Kate and Victoria

Hmm

Rachel Amber is trash

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

She helped Chloe through a tough time in her life when Max wasn't able to be there.

Why is Skip best boy?

Man, is it just me, or are a lot of Rachel's mom's lines super awkward?

Because literally every other male is shit?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Because he knows how scary the female human reproductive system and wants to stay as far away as possible. Truly, the most relatable of characters.

Thankfully it is well established the good looking women in LiS are all futanari.

Proof?

This is a blue board, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Chloe's relationships with these fuckboys never worked because her dick was so much bigger. She's at least ten inches long and eight inches thick. By comparison, Warren, who has the biggest dick (male) is only three inches long and one inch thick.

No, she sounds like a womens studies professor trying to be hip with the kids

How much money could Max make marketing her framed selfies at her gallery in San Fran?

Calm down Vicky.

We all value art differently. It's whatever the market would pay. As long as she is selective about her selfies and only produces a few works as necessary there will be quite a lot of demand...

I don't know that anyone here could afford her art. Each selfie would be worth hundreds of thousands.

she'd make more money going on mfc with chloe

I don't know what that is but I assume it's lewd. Neither has the body for that and Chloe is too tall.

Plus, Max's selfies would be big sellers.

Came across a bug on a 2nd play through of episode 2.

All the stuff in the truck was already placed and I couldn't open the hood of the other vehicle to find a replacement battery.

What did you do before? I can't fix a bug if I don't know the source of the problem.

>They have just started working on Episode 3 for example.
Where do people keep getting these ideas? They were working on the game for at least a year prior to the release of Episode 1, they haven't just started cramming the full production of Episodes 2 and 3 into the ~8 week gap between releases. That's ridiculous.

Episode 3, like Episode 2, would have been in "proper" production prior to the release of Episode 1. At varying stages, granted, and with different degrees of script revisions/voice acting/mocap/etc still to be done, but this weird idea that they only just start working on new episodes as the previous one has completed ... I mean, what?

Heck, an early version of Episode 2 (presumably for beta play testing) was listed on the Steam database shortly after the release of Episode 1, and a similar version of Episode 3 showed up prior to the release of Episode 2. If they're releasing ~6GB beta versions of the games for people to look at, it means they've been putting them together months in advance, not just dropping things together last minute.

As to what it means for the bonus episode ... who knows? They could already have a full idea of what they want to do with it, or it could be something they don't even think about until after the main production of BtS concludes. Either way, even with the assumption that it's a super short episode, it's likely it will take at least a similar length of time as between main episodes to release.

I didn't see this scene in the version I watched. Why is Icky Vicky hugging Chloe?

It was on one of the other Save files, not the one I played through first.

I was wearing the DLC outfit with her classic Chloe clothes.

Also her cat picture was in her pockets when turning them out in the parking lot, but wasn't in her locker.

Everyone wants a piece of the Price.

It's Rachel suspended from the play and choosing the Encourage Victoria option

Forgot to mention

playing on PS4

She's always right.

If Rachel is suspended and Victoria gets the part, Chloe can either backtalk her or encourage her. Victoria gives Chloe a hug if she does the latter. Meanwhile Rachel slips drugs into Victoria's tea. I can't remember if Chloe was in on the plan, or if she was being genuine and Rachel used the opportunity.

>if she was being genuine and Rachel used the opportunity.

This is what happened.

What are all the different version of The Tempest? Is trying to poison Victoria the paragon choice?

If Rachel isn't suspended, Victoria comes up with a plan to drug her with spiked tea. Chloe either switches the cup or confronts Victoria.

If Rachel is suspended, Victoria has the part and she makes no attempt to drug Rachel. Chloe either pressures Victoria out of the play, or Rachel spikes Victoria's tea.

Christ why are you always so evil in LiS? If you're not shooting friends and their dogs, stealing from handicapped funds and killing the entire town, you're poisoning a classmate.

I get the feeling they're probably going to portray it as Victoria deserving to be drugged.

R̵̼̹̦̐̈͂͊ ̷̦̝͜͜͝Ā̷͙̩̙̃ ̸̤̰̳͔̏̿C̸̢͙̪̐̆̃ͅĤ̴̤̆ ̸̛̞̞Ë̵̖́́͛͌ ̶̘͐͘L̴̘͆̈́̀ ̶̨̊̀͌ ̷̝̯̻̭́ ̶̙͛͝D̸͖̣̙̝͐̆ ̴̭̜͒̕Ȃ̷̰̞ ̷̞̃̒̌W̸͈̜͚͆ ̶̻́̔̑͝Ǹ̴̯̻̬͗̓̍ͅ ̴͓̟̪͊ ̴̫̗̰͐͌͒͋ ̷͂̐͗A̶̝͇̳̭͋ ̵̦̱͍͔̇M̷̩͒̒͝ ̵̡̨̙̫́̀B̶̖̀̇̏ ̸̛͈̻̳͗͠Ẹ̶̏͛̈́͝ ̶̫̗̱͇̒̿̋R̶̺͇̥̐̈́̚ ̴̙̓̑̀

Because Victoria's being written like the mean girl from a bad 80's teen movie, whose only purpose is to be ineffectually evil so Chloe can slap her down

You still do some pretty evil things... just off the top of my head...

Steal a gun from Step Dad cuz feminism
Break into classmates' dorms
Risk firing janitor and killing classmates by sabotaging paint can
Break into school, steal from disabled kids
Accidentally shoot yoursef with stolen gun
Try to shoot man after trying to steal from him
Steals friend's keys
Lets his dog get run over
Shoots man and his dog
Leads in Elliot and/Warren
Lets friend commit suicide

It feels like a waste of time to include her at all. If we saw Victoria post-Season 1 we might have gotten to see some actual character growth.

None of this is bad, tho

Chloe had been threatened with a gun by Nathan. She wanted a means of self-defence.

Pretty lousy, but Max is far from the only student to engage in this. Nathan and/or Victoria can raid her room in Episode 2.

Fair point, but the powers were still new to Max so she was bound to act a little childish. And if the girls were hurt she could still rewind.

They needed info on Nathan. It's unfortunate that the money came from that fund but Chloe's debt needed to be paid off, and the storm would have prevented construction anyway.

True, that was dumb of Chloe. She should learn proper trigger discipline.

Frank did threaten them.

They needed info on Rachel.

Optional, and most players refused to take it.

He tried to attack Max and Chloe first. And Max can rewind after this.

They treated Warren and Elliot like friends. It's not their fault the boys are creepers.

Max only gets one chance to save Kate. Even if she fails, she still tries her best.

>Stealing, breaking and entering, attempted murder, murder, animal cruelty, letting friends die, lying, etc.

>Not bad

For the person who wanted an upload of the opening sequence of ep 2. Obviously spoilers.

streamable.com/t54or

aw ye

This was such a chill/comfy moment.

Did Lisa major in drama?

Any some people say Chloe wouldn't wear 'girly' stuff. She would, at times.

Most of those were responses to something or accidents.
If you're going to hold standards like then, they nobody can be considered good. Especially the stuff with Max where she says she wants to rewind something bad but the player can choose to be a fool and leave it as is.
That's some DSP-level bullshit of blaming the game/characters for the stupidity of the player.

Well...she only did it because Rachel wanted her to.

There's still times where she can decide to wear a dress or whatever. Like for a formal event she's attending with Max.
Even her regular clothes are not as boyish as some say.

Dumb question: does this scene still happen if Chloe isn't expelled? I think she can also merely get suspended, which would suggest she doesn't need to unload her locker ... and defacing an entire bathroom doesn't seem like something she'd do in that situation? However, given that it's the title scene ... surely they can't just exclude it from the episode?

That's actually a good question. I'm not entirely sure. I'm assuming it happens either way, I guess it could be justified if Rachel was suspended also.

Like, if it wasn't for that shot of Victoria, I'd assume that she never actually drew anything, and that it was more just sort of a fever dream/daydream type scene. Because like, most if it incriminates her (not just for the graffiti, but the drawing of the tree potentially incriminates her about the fire), there's way too much and a lot of it is too well drawn for the amount of time she could have reasonably been in there, she throws Rachel a little under the bus with some of her quotes ... and to chalk it all off, there's another depiction of Max with a hairstyle/outfit Chloe shouldn't be aware of?

And after all of it, they didn't try to make one or two pieces of graffiti that were still there in Season 1?

So, it's a fantastic scene, but I'm not really sure how seriously we're supposed to take it ... it doesn't really make much sense. I guess you could headcanon that she just drew some dicks on the wall or something, and that's what Victoria is reacting to, but that in her head she was being much more elaborate? Or something?

After EP 3, that's it. No more Max, nor Chloe.

Literally crying.

Isn't there a bonus 4th episode for pre-orders?

Have faith in Deck Nine.

You forgot about Farewell episode, but yeah after that it's pretty much over.

Both it and the locker scene are the same if you are suspended.

What's deck nine doing after bts? Season 3?

Fanfiction!

I can't feel too bad about not seeing them after BtS. Even if I'm looking forward to the last episode (and whatever mentions/hints of Max there are) and the bonus episode. Max & Chloe already got their ending two years ago. Well, it was actually a beginning for them.
Think about it in our time and they've been together for four years now. They're free and off living the life they deserve together.

Every thread since Bayest appeared I wait for a Kate Marsh Evangelical Republic post. Post if I'm not the only one.

It's a wonderful thing that soothes the post-game depression and just feels fun.

Anyone (non-Xbox) downloading episode 2 yet?

>Rachel Amber giving fire safety tips
Great, I'll be sure to remember that right after I finish the ant- drug seminar presented by Nathan Prescott

(I think that was the joke.)

How do I force Steam to download episode 2?

You play it on Xbox while you wait for 12:01PM to roll around.

Every night in an apartment in Seattle, these two settle down into their bed, talk about their day, share some kisses, say they love each other, and fall asleep to the calming sounds of each other breathing and the ambient noises of the city outside.
Goodnight.

Also sex

I want to sex Max.

Anyone know how to preinstall ep2 on ps4? It happened automatically for BtS ep1 a few days before release but hasn't downloaded ep2 yet. My internet is shit and I don't feel like waiting until 2 am to play.

That's a reasonable thing to feel

Yeah, and made her life significantly worse by cheating on her with 3 guys and dying from doing so.
1 step forward, 3 steps back.

It's a dlc so I don't think you can. Just wait for it to appear in the store.

And then Chloe spends the rest of the night thinking about Rachel.

Yeah, well, she tried. "Once a whore you're nothing more" and all that.

Chloe and Rachel both made mistakes. Just like Max.

The only difference is that Max had the opportunity given to her to make things right for what she did...and you could argue that Rachel was behind that.

Chloe has never made a mistake.

Oh for fuck's sake. Why do we have to wait another 12 hours before we can play it? It's already out on the consoles and the incompetent fuckwits released it a week early.

So Before the Storm has, so far, been pretty successful. I wonder what the chances are that we'd see another Season-1-Universe game? Whether by Deck Nine (who seem to like the game, but I'm sure would also prefer to work on some of their own IP now that they've proven themselves), or by some other set of developers.

Some potential ideas:

>More Chloe/Rachel adventures
They remain friends for several years before the events of Season 1, so there is a lot of room for additional games.

>Max prequel
I see this one as being a bit harder to pull off. Max's whole arc in Season 1 kinda requires her to just be a bit of a shy kid who doesn't really get up to anything of much note. You could certainly do some interesting-for-the-character type stuff with her, but I'm not sure there's much that you could do to make an interesting GAME as such. Especially given that she doesn't mention much about her time in Seattle, said game would have to require her not really growing as a person (she starts shy and anxious, ends shy and anxious), etc.

>Season 1 sequel
Run with the Bae ending, and follow up with the consequences of Season 1. Max could still have her powers, the "spirits" could still be out to get them, blah, blah. Lots you could do. You could maybe even do something totally Max-centric following the Bay ending, but I feel like the Bae ending gives more options (and Pricefield)

>Secondary character game
Ehh, I'm not sure I see it. I like a lot of the secondary characters, but I don't think any are really interesting enough on their own for their own same-Universe story ... without things kinda feeling too forced.

>Spin-off
Like, silly fun Hawt Dawg Man platformer type game. A Max Caulfield Pokemon Snap game. Open-world Arcadia Bay game featuring Chloe Price in her truck/skateboard.

Leaf is Strange: Alice's Quest.

Being antisocial and not contacting your friend for a while is infinitely less of a "mistake" than what Rachel did.

I wasn't convinced that a Rachel prequel was necessary. And to be honest I'm still not. But BtS has been much better than it could have been. A secondary character game could work, though I think it would be for the better if it took place after Season 1.

I disagree, especially when Chloe and Max were as close as they were and Chloe had just lost her father. Trust me, I get the whole anti-social thing, but I that's a very flimsy excuse. Just because there was no malice intended doesn't mean what she did was any less wrong.

Holy fuck, I just played the new Episode FINALLY
MY HEAD IS FULL OF FUCK

>tfw no more Rachel
Max and Chloe still have the farewell episode and live happily ever after

I haven't talked to my best friend in years.

If I cheated on my gf now with 3 other partners with the intent to leave her for one of them, let alone leaving her by herself by dying because I got too close with one of my affairs, but I DID keep in touch with my best friend, am I still as bad of a person as I am now?

That ending though.

Right?