pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previously on /twg/: → #

Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Diego_Estragon
honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/unit.php?l=en&v=warhammer&f=wh_main_grn_necksnappers&u=wh_main_grn_inf_goblin_spearmen
youtube.com/watch?v=qWGFMeLprNg
steamspy.com/search.php?s=total war
steamcharts.com/app/214950
steamcharts.com/app/325610
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seven days

1st for Celia is best girl

Rock the boat!

>have big interview tomorrow
>all I can think about is total war.

Tyrion....

Do you wanna build a Vortex?
Come on lets go and read
I never see shards anymore
Come out the door
It's like they've gone away....
We used to be best brothers
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why
Do you wanna build a Vortex
Yes it has to be a Vortex

Doyou wanna build a Vortex?
Or run the skinks down the halls
I think some assistance is overdue
I've started talking to the Druchii in the cells
(Hang in their Mal)
It gets a little chaosy
All these empty rooms...
Just watching the turns go by

Try not to yell about /twg/ related things in the middle of it.

As Kroq, say I'm on my third ritual and it's about turn 85. I've conquered all, and I mean all of Africa.
Who should I sail off to genocide? Should I go help Mazda? Fuck up the worst elves? The Skaven are all dead, so maybe I should go and visit Mom?

Fuck. Ok that's now in my head. I'm extremely well prepared and just waiting for my head to settle down while shitposting but now all I can think about is casually insulting jews.

Any Dark Elves who aren't edgy fucks in the lore?

stay in africa if you can. send armies to fuck up tyrion but remember to leave some to defend the homeland.

Isn't that like asking for a tall dwarf? A peaceful orc, an uncucked high elf, a loyal Skaven, a brave gobbo, a halfling that can't cook or an Araby army book?

>warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Diego_Estragon

Give him a "Mystical Moving Island" that functions like a Black Ark, for his main lord trait give him a quite a large bonus to exploring ruins and the special locations at sea (as well as a couple other typical lord buffs like upkeep reduction to some units). Boom, instant Estalian LL mix, just add water and shake.

Maliketh after he becomes the Phoenix King

Skarsniks red tree is the same as any night gobbo boss. Two problems remain: gobbos have no way of dealing with large apart from arrows and their morale will still be shit for the most part. He shines mostly because of reduced upkeep and hero actions (the big gobbo boss is one hell of an assassin and easy to level as fuck!)

In theory goblin spears are anti large.

Of course how many of them it takes to slow down a unit of blood knights or kroxigor is an interesting question.

Also, I think OP fucked the previous thread link kek.

There's one, can't remember the name, he use two scimitar and has a pet panther

What happens in the skink favelas after dark? Is it dangerous?

I thought the same but I think they are just expendable troops with shields.
>honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/unit.php?l=en&v=warhammer&f=wh_main_grn_necksnappers&u=wh_main_grn_inf_goblin_spearmen

yes

What's this cute do?

>and how do you think you will get along with your co-workers?
>I will keep my mockery of their one god to a minimum
This interview is as good as yours.

What's the roman legion equivalent of the Warhammer universe?

Lads. Ok it's been two games now and I'm kind of afraid it's too late to ask.

>What counts as a hill?
I mean is it just the relative heights of the units when they bash each other? Is it just that units get tired going up hills? Does the size of the hill matter? What bonii are there for it?

Also
>skinks are aquatic
There's like 2 maps with the odd puddle. This ability seems pointless. Am I doing it wrong?

I think it also increases/decreases charge bonus too. Size should matter a bit
It's mostly useless right now. It's not gonna see much use until mortal empires brings back some of the maps with water

>There's like 2 maps with the odd puddle. This ability seems pointless. Am I doing it wrong?
It might come into play more in the ME campaign more, the Old World had far more maps with soggy marshes.

>tfw want to play but fucked my eye

Thanks user.

I'm really nervous but that weirdly helps.

If you're really really drunk, it's lizardmen.

AHHHHHHHHH

>look up skinks on youtube
>first video explains they are helpless prey animals who are useless at everything but hiding
heh

F̫͈̞̬̹̖̰̥ͬ̑̀͌͢i̧̗̭̙͋͊ͨ̀̀͟ͅr̙͇͗s̹̱̱̻ͮ̂̑̍̔̿ͮ̍͝͝t̖̀̿͐ ̨͉̝̰̼͒̍̍̒ͩ̎f̩̟̪̪̱̐̎́o̪̠̘̐̋ͯ͑̄͂r͖͋ͯ͆̾ͤ̑̊̆ ̮̭̠̦̥̳̣̜̀̂͗ͮ͒̔̕M̗͂ͣ͊͌́͞o̵̶͕̬̹̰̟̪̰̣͋̇̚ͅr̵̹̎͑͌́ͭ̃͆̚g̛̻̝̗̻̞͌̄͡ḩ͎͎͔̙͍̣̳̙̔ͧ̾ͨ̓ͭ͘͞ṳ̷̩̥̯͍͍̫̮̘̇̓ͦ̉r̯̘ͮͤͬ͗ͦ̊ͮ̐͐͢͞

There is the city of Remas in Tilea (Italy), which once had an empire and still has legions. But it's barely touched upon. I suppose the high elves kinda fit the whole "Empire with an amazing heartland and disciplined military, slowly decaying and losing all it's outside territories", dwarfs almost fit as well and have a direct barbarian foe.
Skavenblight too was a rome-like city, once being the greatest of the ancient human cities in not-Italy.

these things
youtube.com/watch?v=qWGFMeLprNg
how are they a part of any army? They are adorable.

Who saw this and thought "yes, we need to turn this into a main unit type"

>Skavenblight
>once a shining centre of learning and culture
>now overrun with smelly brown hordes who breed, pillage and possibly rape.

Isn't it in the wrong place for Stockholm?

Seriously though, who lived there before?

No one really no's supposedly it was a great city of both Men and Dwarfs, men inhabiting the above ground and dwarfs below.

I can't wait to stomp around the world in ping pong motions as Morghur.

>mfw histcucks have been completely and utterly BTFO by CA

shes a QA babe

i hope they do lord of the rings after finishing the third warhammer game :^)

If you believe the rumors? The humans that eventually mutated/crossbreed into what are now the Skaven.

LOTR would just seem like a watered down Warhammer now. I know one lead to the other but Warhammer is just a much more fun setting for constant war and variety.

>and so it begins
>Tolkucks vs Warchads

I actually would have prefered the shaman, but given that the faggot starts in the badlands and I like to shit on the empire, VC and elfs instead, I go with him.

>ring
>gives vague undefined "power"
>easily overpowered by a singing forest hermit

>ghal maraz
>literally a hammer, smashes all problems aside

Spearmen are the best infantry in the game.

Needs more Seacucks

Alright

It makes sense considering one setting was basically Tolkien sorting out his feeling from WW1 by having the virtuous west (Britain, France, etc.) saved from the evil and treacherous east (Germany, Austria, and the Turks), by old school noblebright heroes, while also catering to his fake language fetish, while Warhammer is a war game designed to sell war miniatures for great profit, and thus has a setting designed for MAXIMUM WAR.

>really like Tyrion's stats and army soloing
>really like my boy Alistar the white lion
>really like having a top tier Lothern
>Ulthuan is boring as fuck
>the fucking vortex and sea storms drop my framerate
>really like Teclis' spells
>Love the enemy DIVERSITY of his start
>hates the autistic dis/embarb spam and mountain/jungle movement penalty
>hates not having a 10 slot city
>literally takes 10 turns just to switch to a high tier army and make it back to the front

Send help, I can't commit to either one

Honestly an army composed solely of Lothern Sea Guard with shields is one of the best army comps for Helfs.

I recommend suicide, so you stop bothering us with your retarded "problem".

Please continue.

You're right and your argument is laid out cogently and succinctly but this is Veeky Forums so I am still obliged to insult you somehow. Sorry.

>have this nice picture though
>faggot.

Dryads or eternal guard?

Dryads or eternal guard?

Saurus?

You lads think we will get tehenhauin and his skink posse?

Maybe, but were more likely to get Kroak in Itza as the next Lizard LL, or LLL if you will.

No, they'll make their own LL, it's going to be a Carnosaur with a machine gun

Honestly though, shouldn't Saurus of any kind be able to beat Spearmen?

Dryads are garbage unless you need magical attacks, which you never do

The 20% physical res looked useful early game

>weapon grade autism
>giving recommendations
pick one and only one

It's not

I mean you can mix in a couple early game if you really want, but they're only useful for fear and as an anvil while you shoot everything

You could set it in the silmarillion
there were some badass gigantic fucking wars, and as far as i know they have still not made any games based around the time, its full of over the top warhammer style events.
>army of dwarves helping to fight morgoth
>kicking loads of ass
>their king gets killed
>entire battle stops, dwarves just pick him up and slowly march off the battlefield
>everyone's afraid to get in their way or say anything

>they're only useful for fear and as an anvil while you shoot everything
That's pretty much why I want them

See the world, they said

You think they fucked after the battle?

I think the point is that they're pretty much the same as eternal guard but with less utility.
Like their only advantage is they will rout fodder units faster.
EG have shields and spears and chances are you're more likely to be facing cav/projectiles as opposed to an entire army of wraiths.
If you really want to use them you can throw a couple in a tree man army.

Some hot interspecoes femdom cbt happening after

Those Skaven slaves would enjoy it

>Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2.
What's the source on this? They had that Viking-looking concept art but that would be much later than R2's time period
>Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Why Rome 2? Why not Attila? It's a much more fleshed out and polished engine

>crossbreed
Those must have been some pretty fine ratgirls

I thought they were less squishy than Eg and was mostly planning to use them until I buff the spearman

why are these not in game ;_;

Why exactly are the helves the "trade" faction?
>techs based entirely around resources
>insane trade bonuses

Overall dryads are just less survivable than ET, so they'll accomplish the same job but you might run out of them during a prolonged battle. I find they tend to die in droves (or groves) every battle.

Do you have any idea how many Charlemagnes that would cost
CA barely had any left over for the Witch Elves, and look how they turned out

D-DON'T LOOK!

Guess I'll stick with the guard then, it'll free a building slot since I don't have the amber to spend on tree kin for now

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT

DROO-SHE

>What's the source on this? They had that Viking-looking concept art but that would be much later than R2's time period

It's posted in the OP

>Michael: Any hints yet as to the content? Why did you want to make a game based at this particular point in history?

>Jack: We’ll announce it properly in the next few months, but I can say that it’s another spiritual follow-up to Total War: ROME II, like Total War: ATTILA, and moves the time period forward in much the same way. It’s great being able to build on and optimise the tech and the content from those games, like the work we did on ATTILA with Age of Charlemagne. Especially for a moment in history we’ve not spent enough time with yet as a studio.

>Why Rome 2? Why not Attila? It's a much more fleshed out and polished engine
That's basically pulled from OP's ass, I'm guessing he's basing it on the concept art that's been posted, and while it does look like a germanic warrior from the Rome 2 period, it's been so long since Rome 2's been updated that I doubt that it's going to be for that game.

>What's the source on this?
Maybe read the blogs
>Jack: We’ll announce it properly in the next few months, but I can say that it’s another spiritual follow-up to Total War: ROME II

>Why Rome 2? Why not Attila?
That part is guesswork, but Attila has a little over a million owners, and that's with sales and a free weekend. Rome 2, though it admittedly also had a free weekend, is sitting at nearly 2.7 million. Also, in September Rome 2 averaged 6,089.9 players, 5,776.2 in August and 5,964.1 in July. In those same months Attila averaged 3,630.4, 3,267.6 and 3,576.3. And unlike Rome 2, Attila has not hit 10 000 players since March 2016.

steamspy.com/search.php?s=total war
steamcharts.com/app/214950
steamcharts.com/app/325610

Attila isn't dead but it's pretty clear which game is more popular, so people are assuming the campaign pack is for R2.

Ireland
More like
shit

depends, any kind of artilery/archers/or skirmishers can do serious work. Aggro them from a distance let them chase you across the map.

YOU JUST KNOW...

Angloids fuming as usual.

Looks like a gobbo

>Implying I'm an eternal *nglo
Scot here, we may be dying of heart disease and have barely changed since the roman times, but at least we aren't the fucking Irish

Lizardmen are so fucking fun...there's just something about getting high tier units that are priced as mid tier that you can get AT THE START. Dinosaurs rule!

26 + 6 = 1

>start mortal empires campaign
>it's exactly the same as regular campaign because all the races from the other game are on the other side of the map

Skaven have been added to the Old World.

>he's not going to start as Queek and kill-stab dwarf-things
sad

>Ignoring all the quality of life changes
>New buildings/tech for empire
>New landmarks for each faction
>Massive changes to existing units
>Skaven in the Old World

At this point they weren't actual skaven, rather more like rats mutating to be like men and men mutating to be like rats, and somewhere in between they met.

Ah fuck, I read it a long time ago so I didn't remember that exact quote. When I see "spiritual successor" I don't think actual successor like Attila, so I figured OP was making some conjecture about it just being a R2 spinoff which it will be, it just frustrates me to think about

But anyway, I was under the impression it would be standalone like FotS, so ownership of the base game wouldn't matter as much

Yellow, red or blue?

This is why the ocean is so small

TWW1 and 2 are gonna be completely fucking ded