/rtsg/ /cbg/
Spread your gorgeous image across the stars Edition

Last turn STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pshc3VbRB1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YET ANOTHER THREAD AS BEAUTIFUL AS HORATIO HIMSELF

This man come up and sauces you, your wife, your wife's son, and your wife's son's husband on the ass.

What do you do?

Pick up a skull and quote Shakespeare to him. That'll show him.

What are the darker pleasures Zelevas speaks of? Would you partake in them with him?

Zelevas confirmed for pizzagate

It's an ugly as shit thread then

it's beating your wife because she made jam instead of palinka from the harvested fruits

DRINK.

Spiderfag plz go

The part that always irritates me the most about that original image is the fact that the "I own all of this" line cuts off at her knee, like she doesn't own that part of her body. Maybe she's paying it off in installments or something.

Have a better one.

Maybe she has diabetes and doesn't have legs below the knee.

But we can clearly see that there is some more leg below the cutoff line

Might not be that much leg.

It's the fact that there is any leg at all beyond the cutoff point that irritates me.

the slippery cowtits fish of betrayal

>We want the WH40K fans

>we want the people-who-catch-fish-take-out-the-hook-and-then-fuck-the-fish audience

radiation doesn't only mean just ionizing radiation

In space you cant cool things like on earth: it has no material to dissipate into, so the only way to cool shit down is to use the natural "glow" of all materials to radiate the heat away (ususally in the form infrared light. Think of a glowing red iron. Everything, even at room temperature and below, glows just the same, all the time, even you, only with different frequency), which is inefficent as fuck. If you were dumped into space, it would take hours/days for your body to cool down (only accelerated by water and shit boiling out of you due to low pressure).
Since this is the ONLY way to get rid of any heat/energy generated in a spacecraft, it would be lit up light noones business in the afromentioned vast emptiness of cold space.

Need it be pointed out that you were arguing with what is acceptable in Stellaris and now the conversation has suddenly switched from being sci fi to what is theoretically possible? News flash, that's not the point. Stealth is entirely within the realm of possibility in Stellaris.

Right now here are people that think if enough sci-fi shows have stealth in space then it is perfectly doable.

>Implying stellaris even tries to use remotely realistic science instead of tropes

My original contention is that the concept is retarded, if you want it Stellaris fine, it doesn't make it less dumb.

What the fuck are you trying to prove? That because stealth "isn't possible" in reality, that it can't be included in Stellaris? Because, you know, Stellaris is so fucking scientifically accurate that it'd just ruin your immersion completely? Despite the fact that there are numerous examples of stealth being used in sci-fi, which is what Stellaris is?

Get the fuck outta here.

We were not arguing about stellaris stealth, we were reacting to this:
Also, naturally. In a sci-fi setting with dyson spheres and FTL travel, everything goes. That goes without saying, and whats there and isnt is only dependent on the whether the devs put it in or not due to gameplay constraints or lazynes.

>That because stealth "isn't possible" in reality, that it can't be included in Stellaris?
That's a perfectly reasonable position to take, people can accept one part of a fiction while rejecting another. Just like people could reject the idea that Stellaris needs to have laser swords and space magic just because it was in Star Wars. Just because one sci-fi universe has something doesn't mean Stellaris needs to have just because you want it. People don't have to agree with your sensibilities.

>We were not arguing about stellaris stealth, we were reacting to this
Look at this fuckin' armchair scientist that knows everything about what is and eventually be within the realm of possibility.

Seriously, fuck off.

>doesn't mean Stellaris needs to have just because you want it.
I didn't even make the original comment, I'm only defending it against your unwavering stupidity about what YOU think is acceptable in Stellaris.

that intro is very good

You do realize space is literally filled with radiation, right? And you're telling me it is impossible to hide something among it?

This general got tarded fast.

Let's just separate what is reality and what is Stellaris and everyone will be happy, game is fine, just don't try to think in terms of real science, you proved that you can't.

>just don't try to think in terms of real science, you proved that you can't.
Nigger, please. You're just incapable of understanding how stupid you look.

>Indonesia
>Khmer

Who gives a shit about those irrelevant shit holes? What's with all these shitty DLCs?

its filled with all kinds of radiation, some/most of it has no relation/interaction with eachother at all, and you cant elminate all types of it. At best you "convert" one from the other, but that would only make the end result even more noticable in the end becasue said background radiations of all kinds are incredeably small.

>incredeably small
Uh huh, just like all that incredibly small radiation from our sun that literally powers our entire fucking planet.

to add into this stealth vs no-stealth flamewar: only a foolish or insane fleet command would battle in the interstellar void. Most battles will be fought near gravity wells and suns since they'd either be close to a planet, could hide in debris or asteroid fields, or be filled with much background radiation that they could slip by.

Also would stealth in space be more about hacking the other ship's sensors to fake nothingness where your ship is?

>the interstellar void
The chances of happening upon someone else outside of a solar system are infinitesimally small. There's no reason to even be out there other than traveling from one location to another, so, for all intents a purposes, anything that happens will happen around or near a solar body - that is a certainty.

by that logic, explain how the average temperature of space in the solar system is 3 Kelvin

Playing for the first time since 1.5, new to all the mechanics since utopia, how should I play?

What's the best Stellaris Overhaul mod?

you dont have to into interstellar void to experince the extremes we are talking about. They apply at moon, some even in ISS orbit.
And if we are talking on scales on planetary or even Solar orbits, then due to shorter required ranges, the detectors could be a lot more sensitive, as well as incorporating indirect methods of detection (like a ship gravitationally tugging on "nearby" objects/debris)
And asteroid fields are not like in star wars, they are spare as all hell, and asteroids dont behave / generate any "signals" like a spacecraft would, so for all intents and purposes, even an asteroid belt can be regarded just as any void in space.

The hacking is a different kind of worms, most notably: to transport any kind of information (your means of hacking), you would have to be in range of some form of radiation, which would be detectable before a hack could be completed. IF you have the means to pre-hack, then sure, but at that point its an entirely different and far more situational tool.

Machines are about as fun as this game gets. They have some flaws (high influence cost for leaders, lack of influence gain), and the start can be slow if you're not designed properly (species-wise), but they are utterly beastly in the late game and snowball like a mother fucker.

Make a machine race focusing on mining and less resource consumption, build speed and/or build cost. Focus on machine planets ascension (because +25% resource generation is busted as fuck). Remember mastery of nature is a godlike trait. Missiles are OP, beams suck, kinetic artillery is best for late game pummeling.

*declares war on you*

Also Voidborne for Habitats is OP as fuck. You can put half a dozen, or more, in planet dense systems and rake in power/minerals.

Which ethics are most fun?

Did they use the same model for the Scotsman in BERT?

Machines don't get ethics, they only get Gestalt Consciousness, which is what makes them a machine race.

As far as in general, I like Pacifist/Xenophobes for Agrarian Idyll and Inward Perfection for turtling the fuck out of the game. You can spec out of those ethics later by promoting/suppressing factions until you can switch out, and generally you want to promote a faction that is of opposite ethos to you to guarantee you remove the one you don't want anymore (such as Pacifist -> Militarist).

For the most part, all the ethics play exactly the same though.

Used to be Stellaris Evolved, but that hasn't updated. If you're fine with micro get AlphaMod.

horatio threads are always the best threads

It's a game. Stealth would be a good mechanic and therefore they should include it.

>built like a man who's equally at home at the dinner table as he's on the battlefield
>covered in bling, hinting at his vast wealth
>wields a kris to his meetings, signaling that he's not to be fucked with
>stares you down with a steely gaze that pierces your very soul
Truly the most Chad leader.

I don't see how it could add to Stellaris currently. Instead of just wiping the enemy out with your doomstack, now you wipe them out with your hidden doomstack? The only thing I could see that helping is corvette heavy fleets vs BB heavy fleets, and then we're just back in the days of corvette spam, only now it's extra annoying as they're hidden all the time until you find them.

Did 1.8.3 fix all the egregious bugs? I've avoided playing 1.8 so far because I didn't want to run into anything campaign-breaking.

>play sins
>it's like stellaris but good
fuck paracuck

I wish there was an option to reset the camera.

>that pic

Sins is a good game, but there's not much else to it other than le epic space battles, but at least it's a lot more balanced... sort of, I guess. Multiplayer is kind of lame because all they do is build the long range ships and focus fire everything down quickly.

>anime voice acting
Turned 360 degrees and uninstalled the game.

dunno when you last played but there's research and diplomatic victories. and it seems they added a special planet kinda like the antaran homeworld in moo too. and you can take over planets by spreading culture to them.

I greatly regret picking genetic ascension in Stellaris, this is total shit

I play with culture flip off, because it's irritating that a planet of humans would be willing to flip to a planet governed by aliens. The races are all different in their motivations, yet they are fine being race traitors to their own.

Research victory doesn't make much sense, either, because the game was designed around being an RTS type space battle simulator. You take away the battles, and it's just a really barebones space game with not a whole lot of focus in anything else other than just sitting around waiting for shit to happen.

Diplomatic victories aren't too bad, I guess, if you're playing a game with multiples of each race. 3v3v3 or whatever can be entertaining, or if you're playing coop with a friend.

I used to do a lot of this with my roommates a long time ago. It was good times, but mostly because watching huge space battles was extremely entertaining, kind of like how Total War battles can be fun to watch... if you aren't spending too much time giving orders and not even paying attention.

no the game was designed to be a 4x with seamless rts battles.

Shiet, nigga, genetics is the bomb. I like it more than Psi. You can get 8 points to alter your species, 9 with certain ethics. In some ways it can be a lot better as you have a lot more options other than just the base bonuses you get from Psi. +20 research (35 with focus), very strong, venerable or enduring, extra power or resource mining stacked on other traits... The only thing that doesn't make much sense really is habitability traits, because those become fairly worthless in the end game when you can just force a pop on a planet and wait for terraforming.

>falling for the ascension meme

It just takes a lot of micro and expense

Whatever.

Not really. Wait until you are at your core cap, all the pops are filled out and don't open migration treaties, then convert all your pops at once, then do all that other shit after. With the ascended trait, the time it takes to convert isn't bad at all, and biology is easily the easiest science to stack the fuck out of.

>convert all your pops at once
Yeah, planet by planet unless you're going to waste per-resource boosts

Which then ALSO requires you to do the whole single-resource planet thing

It only costs 2 points to take +power/minerals, +3 for very strong, +4 for erudite, or just nix erudite for venerable. The super traits aren't all that worth it, desu. Like Nerve Stapled doesn't make much sense, because food is never really an issue after the early game. Robust isn't that much different than the habitability trait before it, and venerable is still a longer lifespan overall.

It seems a lot more expensive and inefficient to take one set for the whole species, but I suppose it's hard to be bothered with anything else.

Until they add an option to upgrade a single pop, or a number of specific pops, you may as well just do the whole species. Inefficient be damned -
what do those extra couple percents even do for you late game anyway? Not much to pull your hair out for. If you want to work dedicated specific pops, just be a machine race. They do that better by allowing to build different templates.

180, you stupid spaghetti-slurping cretin! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started.

Yeah machines with different templates was comfy as fuck

>Turned 360 degrees and uninstalled the game.
Nice spin you gigantic retard.

... what?

How fucking new are you?

It's hard to tell who is trolling these days, the 360, or the idiots that respond to it. Likely they think they're trolling each other and others in an endless chain of corrections.

Trust me.

>I-I-I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED AHAHAHAHA YOU FELL FOR IT
Nice try, retard.

@192826580
Using the 'pretending to be retarded' meme while actually pretending to be retarded, well done

>not pretending to be retarded while you are actually retarded
who watches the watchmen?

'soup Reddit!
Put me in the screencap of this epic thread, please!

All of that just because some retard did a 360.

The only reddit here is you thinking it's worth mentioning in the first place.

YOU SPIN ME ROUND ROUND BABY ROUND ROUND LIKE A RECORD BABY ROUND ROUND

My first endless space 2 fap

Don't you fucking start singing. I already have fucking Weird Al in my head.

I'd better start playing bass clarinet then.

Please do that. Meanwhile I'll just go to the hardware store.

It is a tree burning episode all over again.
youtu.be/pshc3VbRB1c

Stealth in space kept thread alive.

The worst part is that robots/droids have no ethos, and that carries over to when they become Synths. Not only do they suddenly have rights, they also all suddenly hate you.

>engess legend 2 never ever
Is ES2 any good? Does it have anything as cool as Cultist?

no

do I have to download a whole new version of stellaris just to get to 1.8? isn't there a pirated patch or something? the only 1.8 I can find is a fucking iso

Fuck off. You're the reason Stellaris is shitty.

yeah sure whatever