/hg/ - Halo General

#362 - 4 years... 4 long years edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>"Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare" is now available
- Can be purchased for $19.99 individually or included with the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition
- Includes a new campaign where players take control of the Banished and return to High Charity to combat a flood outbreak on the Ark
- Also includes the new flood-themed survival mode Terminus Firefight, as well as new blitz cards and 37 new achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/diminishing-daylight

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News4K update
twitter.com/Halo/status/920431625422249984
>Oddball & Oddball FFA return this fall as part of Halo 5's Overtime update.
twitter.com/Halo/status/920429876120662017

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CXBvMIM5cc8
youtu.be/KrX_kE-EIWE
youtube.com/watch?v=mSjk943D0D8
youtube.com/watch?v=1t7seBHeI4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

It will never be fixed.

This better not be a bomboozle by bonnie

I miss Bungie physics.
Nobody was ever mad when they happened because it was just too funny.

It still happens on occasion

>on stream they basically just said they were giving up on trying to tune the AR for accurate burst fire and are just tuning it for full auto spraying instead

why

I don't know whether to be hyper excited or suspicious

Why is the gravemind/flood the best antagonist is any video game ever?

youtube.com/watch?v=CXBvMIM5cc8
>/hg/ shows up a couple times in Favyns video

Most people wouldn't see this, because they just DON'T LOOK UP.

Is that a sly reference to the H2 Dev commentary?

Any more ideas?
Top kek
"buy our new console and we promise we'll fix MCC for it"
>inb4 Halo 5 is added to the compilation and it becomes a two-hundred-gigabyte bloated monstrosity
I bet we'll see that in the next expansion for Halo Wars 2. After all, Pavi'n'Vori's task ain't done yet...
Eh?

Small update to my reaction image

I really don't see why they never did a Jackal but we ended up with 4 brutes, a shit meme grunt, and a dead arbiter faggot. Should've given us a jackal instead, or a skirmisher maybe.
Ah fuck it, give us an engineer leader. Reuse anders Sentinel assets for some of it maybe. Big focus on high tech and healing.
Aside from Jackal, Drone Queen, and Engineer I can't think of much. We're running out of unused races and I don't want any more fucking brutes.

On a different not I think they should have given more leaders unique/modified Uber-units like they did with Voridus' Scarab. Even just slight changes to the other leaders shit would be fine. Pavium should have outright got the Lich as a scarab replacement and the same goes for Anders Retriever Sentinel. Give Cutter a souped up Elephant instead of the Condor. And for characters who dont get something truly unique give them the Voridus treatment and just slightly change their default. Kinsano with an incndiary condor, serena with an ice once etc.

>a shit meme grunt

>load up Halo 5
>zoom in
>see this
>uninstall
>vomit profusely
>call Bill Gates
>call the President
>call an exorcist
>shitpost on /hg/

>Should've given us a jackal instead, or a skirmisher maybe.
>Ah fuck it, give us an engineer leader. Reuse anders Sentinel assets for some of it maybe. Big focus on high tech and healing.
>Aside from Jackal, Drone Queen, and Engineer I can't think of much.
With the character in the new comic, we could have got both drones and jackals for the same commander.
Since Ripa is already some sort of AU/What If Banished commander, it wouldn't be without precedent.
>We're running out of unused races and I don't want any more fucking brutes.
>inb4 next commander is a fucking Yohnet

>On a different not I think they should have given more leaders unique/modified Uber-units like they did with Voridus' Scarab. Even just slight changes to the other leaders shit would be fine.
Fully agree.
>Pavium should have outright got the Lich as a scarab replacement
AS LONG AS LET'VOLIR GOT IT TOO
WHY THE FUCK AN AIR-BASED COMMANDER ONLY GETS A STANDARD SCARAB
>and the same goes for Anders Retriever Sentinel.
Eh... I don't know about that. I'd rather see her Condor get replaced by the ability to call on Controller Sentinels instead. Though I'm sure the player-base would shriek "CANCER" at that.
>Give Cutter a souped up Elephant instead of the Condor.
So, the Mammoth? Fully agree.
Also, current hero unit (Jerome) should be replaced with Sunray 1-1.
>And for characters who dont get something truly unique give them the Voridus treatment and just slightly change their default. Kinsano with an incndiary condor, serena with an ice once etc.
Also agree. Hell, don't stop there - all of Kinsano's vehicles and aircraft gain incendiary (DoT) ammo, and all of Serina's vehicles and aircraft can slow (and with continuous hits, freeze) enemies.

Hell, even with the meme grunt, they didn't go all the way and record all of the commander-in-question's available unit lines in Grunt voices.
>Grunt Scarab: "Out of our way, lest we step on you!" "Not so big now, are you?"

Also, keep in mind, we started with this.

>he's queuing up a shield during this

I think one of the most cancerous things I've ever experienced was a custom 3v3 match, with the Emperor skull on, against three Yappers.

Missing the original Array and the Greater Ark.

>laughs in Digon

Timestamps?

What program? Would be very much useful.

>Missing the original Array

They genuinely made the thing way too big for the plot to handle well.
>~2AU in diameter sphere with the interior terraformed and dotted with forerunner cities
>not to mention basically infinite tunnel complexes and facilities throughout
Like, with that under UNSC control they should have an entire fleet of forerunner ships and who knows what else. But instead it's just some sort of irrelevant ONI outpost where they apparently risk taking prisoners to sometimes. (Jul 'Mdama)

But I'm sure now that Cortana is in charge she'll make great use of it, right? :^)

It's fine

Says (YOU)

OG xbox support when??

Probably 2018 though it could be (and was announced to be) sooner

youtu.be/KrX_kE-EIWE

>Halo Reach music
stopped watching there

When's the Halo collection coming on PC lads? I'm not ready to ear every possible answer.

Well the fixes to the xbone version aren't coming till next spring at least, so if it does come to PC I wouldn't expect it till sometime in 2019.

Didn't watch that video but if anything Reach has a pretty nice OST

>actually biting that
It's true what they say then. That getting up early gives you a better chance

Well I'm not a regular and assumed it's possible that people here just have terrible taste. Congrats for your (You)

It makes sense that the UNSC is taking the exploration process slowly, given how they don't know how nine-tenths of the stuff they uncover properly works, let alone any dangerous technology that might make explorers have a real rough time of things.

Does halo 5 have split screen yet?

My counsins fish and they say if youre not on the water by 5 at the very latest, you've wasted the day

No but they confirmed it for 6 the other day.
Expect it to be exclusive to the X1X though

They better not make the whole game also runnable on vanilla x1 or else the game is gonna be so held back its hilarious

R u fucking kidding me?

The Xbone a shit
Hate on 343 all you want, Lord knows they deserve most of it, but a lack of system link in 5 was unavoidable

We're apparently getting a more detailed post on MCC fixes tomorrow

>We're apparently getting a more detailed post on MCC fixes tomorrow
S A U C E?

>We're apparently getting a more detailed post on MCC fixes tomorrow

Post yfw HE'S BIG

Is he giving 343 back their bomb?

Ok I've been looking and can't find a solid one just some guy saying supposedly we're getting it but have faith young one

Who?

How much is of these?

Vrooom

Oh shit

youtube.com/watch?v=mSjk943D0D8

>CEA's clips arnt HQ enough to get included
JUST

Even if CEA looked 10x better than it did, it doesn't really have any action cutscenes
All the non-gameplay scenes in CE are just the camera tilting around the chief while he walks forward. Tossing tthe grenade up and down is the most dynamic thing his character model does.

>Damn that grenade is huge
Said every person ever every time they watch that scene

Bad taste

>426 hours ago

So, obviously you and I, or any other seasoned H5 player, knows it's just cosmetic and not that big of a deal, but believe it or not something like that actually goes a long way to turning people off from the game. Normies are easily triggered and turned away. 343 would be wise to not have it return in H6

>it's just cosmetic

Basically this. You don't have to bend over backwards to cater to a fanbase, but you also can't piss them off to much or they will abandon. Halo Has historically had this long-running rivalry with Call of Duty, so anything, no matter how insignificant, that resembles a catering to or influence from it will naturally be seen negatively and will result in a backlash.

I guess I should make my stance clear here so we don't end up in an unnecessary debate. I don't like the ADS scoping. I think it was a dumb thing to implement, and a dumber thing to make it the standard, but it is roughly just as cosmetic a change as zooming any gun in an earlier Halo game is. They all slightly increase accuracy.

>but it is roughly just as cosmetic a change as zooming any gun in an earlier Halo game is. They all slightly increase accuracy.
It's different in that it applies to all weapons. Not all weapons in previous games became more accurate by zooming. In fact, most did not.

>It's different in that it applies to all weapons. Not all weapons in previous games became more accurate by zooming. In fact, most did not.
That's fair enough which is why I've said they should keep smart scope but alter it so that it's not better but "different"

9:40

J KING GETTING FAVYNED!

>tfw got a perfect kill

What was Halo 3's peak population?

No clue, but I remember times where it had 250,000 players online at any given time.

I want to believe the "classic BR" was the first step of them recognizing their error and trying to fix it.

It had over a million a month after launch

just under 1,200,000

Let's hope

This makes me so so fucking sad. Nostalgia is a bitch

imo H5BR w/ classic scope > H2BR

Most of them were 3babbies. They were never fans in the first place. They moved from one popular flavor of the year to the next, so don't be too upset. The actual core base from CE and 2 remained largely intact until 2012-2014

Getbant are doing HALOween this year!
Don't forget to stop by and say hello
youtube.com/watch?v=1t7seBHeI4s

also egg them on to play the others!

I’m still one of those CE guys been playing Halo since 2001.

Who?

>back-to-back co-op
>CE, 2 and 3
it's a shame no-one from /hg/ except me would commit to this.
prove me wrong.

Same.
I'd like to think there's still a fair number of us

This Friday boi
Buylt we have to play CE with grunt funeral on for extra bantz

t. Born in 2002

What is this? A stream?

I'm an originalfag actually

2v2 tournament roster update:
>THE ONE BIG RED (organizer)
>xBackup Beastx (organizer)
>Mad L3pr3chaun
>KingMiniBlock
>Jack Wild Dog
>jeffro529
>dankcucumber
>Safari Russell
>LJ999
>Fantastic Mr D
>Dont Fire Here
>Punished Dog
Thats 12, which means we need a minimum of 4 more.

As of now, the teams are set to be randomized every round. There is no set map or map list, we are open to and are considering ideas that have been put forward. There are no hard start times, but the first round of matches will begin the first weekend in November.
If you want in, shoot one of the organizers a message on discord or XBL, or simply reply to this post with your GT.

Does anyone here relate to my current situation? Growing up the games i played the most were Halo 2 (and 3) and phantasy star online. I feel like all recent online shooters and online rpgs these days are shit. I am currently playing a lot of Destiny 2 and I hate it. The only reason i keep playing it is because it feels like Halo and plays better than most recent shooters. The limited amount of content and grinding the same runs over and over is something I used to enjoy in Phantasy Star Online so that aspect of Destiny does not bother me as much as it would most people. I am just very frustrated that Halo went to shit and now I'm stuck playing a shitty halo-mmorpg hybrid instead. /blog