/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Blatant casuali-/westernization edition.

Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳MH:World's Proof of a Hero: capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/audio/bgm/bgm001.mp3
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>More News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iz8c5kjuFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lets have a shitpostless thread

Should rewards online be tied to how much damage you do? For example: The hunters doing the most damage get the maximum amount of rewards and the highest chance at rare drops, while the hunters doing no work get little to no rewards and no rare drops. It'll force people to get good at the game or be stuck with weak gear.

youtube.com/watch?v=2iz8c5kjuFI

actually monster hunter is bad

What about the guy who paralyses the monster thrice during the hunt ? Technically he's doing less damage than the others since he chose a status weapon, so your system would screw him over
That's a dumb idea

Wouldnt that kind of fuck over anyone playing a support role? Seems like hunts would just be 4 insect glaives crowding the monsters head tripping eachother trying to get the highest dps.

you forgot this

>support role
the meta in MH has always been build 4x pure dps and end hunt in under 15min

Why should people be punished for not playing the 'meta' in a purely cooperative game?

Monster Hunter BLOOD

I probably wouldn't go this far, maybe just some bonus rewards or chance of charms/relicts.

They should DEFINITELY give us some feedback for how useful we are, though. For years now I'm saying they should just add some kind of scoreboard we can see after (or also int he middle of) quests, like shitty MOBAs and even arena shooters do it for decades. Maybe even with medals and highlight videos and all that fancy shit if Capcom figures it out. But definitely show us how much damage people did, how many traps and bombs they used, who applied para/KO/sleep, did the most damage to body parts such as tails, how many times you got hit etc.

And if you don't want people to see how useless or shit you are, you should be able to just toggle it off so no one (including yourself) can see it. Of course everyone will just assume you're shit when you do this, but the game shouldn't force it upon people.

I think this would be perfect. A huge motivation, also making the game literally a bit competitive (honestly, you guys would love this shit, stop lying) and without going too far.

no, people should be rewarded for playing meta in any game, if you want to play non-meta, you don't get anything special

No, keep this shit in competitive cancer games.
MH is too pure for this

This sounds unexpectedly great.

This wouldn't work with how hideously imbalanced MH games are, pretty much only the absolute top tier weapon would end up being "viable".

>OP's face

What IQ is the sweet spot for mastering hammer?

That's a good thing though. Weeds out the snowflakes.

something similar just for you, to see if you're doing good would be nice, you would be able to see yourself that you need improvement without having other people being anoying

You are literally saying you want to use a shitty weapon for looks and delude yourself into believing you are not less useful than people who don't do this and numbers would expose your fraud.

Well, Capcom could always just balance the games properly. If MHW has as little content has P3rd, they shouldn't have a big problem. And people actually overrate how much of a different stronger or weaker weapons make. A better player will perform better even with a Long Sword that has 25 less attack.

>i want online to literally only be CBs, GSs, and IGs.

The thing is that you can't balance a game that perfectly, and with such a system even just a slight imbalance would render a ton of weapons not viable. Now imagine that with MH's usual "balance" where one weapon can literally do twice the DPS of another. Within 3 days every single player online would be using the same weapon because you literally wouldn't be able to get any drops otherwise.

Actually, yeah, that sounds perfect. No more garbage weapons shitting up my runs, everyone is forced to adhere to the meta and be efficient, or get fuck all. And all runs are now twice as fast as before.
Sounds like fucking heaven to me.

4u really ruined this community

That would be actually so easy to implement properly that I don't understand how this isn't a thing already, at least in Frontier or MHO. I can already see a Mario Kart style style ceremony after quests in which the game assigns titles to players before the numbers fade in. "Damage dealer", "supporter", "destroyer", this kind of stuff.

>runs
Nigga you play this game for the RNG loot?

>The thing is that you can't balance a game that perfectly,
Of course you can, and, partially, Capcom already did a good job with some games. Even when a weapon is stronger on the paper, they can just give it less sharpness, slots or affinity.

We need a hame beta versus solo player Chad comparison.

Not every game is MH4U.

>runs
>online

>all that dedication
>get better time when just buttonmashing with dual blades or lance and occasionally dodging

Is it just me or does pierce do way more hits in World than before, but with less damage per hit? I guess that's one way to make it not just strictly better than normal every time.

chad huntress doesn't need no hame to kill the shitbear

They do it in Dauntless and it's a pain in the ass
They are doing it for World

Playing Tri for the first time.It has that very charm and comfyness like P3rd that wasn't in 4U pr FU.
Am I the only one who feel like this?

>monster punishes you for standing next to it

No, if it wasn't for the lack of content Tri would be THE best MH, it has everything.
>they killed online and loc lac
>they made 3G instead of Tri G

>monster punishes you for staying behind it
Based fatalis filtering shitters

What? That's where you should be.

>staying behind old fatalis
Love me some random 1HKOs mmh

Tri is the only game without these kind of players.

>being so bad that a 5sec telegraphed attack kills him in 1 hit

Beware after the first slam for the hugs. Then he keeps slamming into the wall like a dumbass and it's free hits.

>implying
>when the hitbox on the tail tip starts before any warning

wow i forgot how much i hated khezu

i wish there was a way to emulate loc lac or some shit

>flame aura
This is five times more retarded than the wind barrier.

He flops his tail when he turns around, could do a bit of damage but it not that bad.

page 8 hey ho whaddya know evade lancing is for fucking retardos

do not die

What's going to be number 1 complaint from newfriends about Monster Hunter World?

The usual, lock-on, slow combat, can't roll through attacks mindlessly (to begin with at least) like DaS, monster health bars, plates/rare carves, gathering in general (doubly so if they want to run gunners because it look like the epic 3rd person shooters they like).

What else? Maybe monsters running away/acting like anything but a general boss?

>lock-on
But it's has lock-on now

Not in the style of other character action/ARPG games in which it is permanent and you strafe around the target while locked on.

>in which it is permanent
it is now
I don't think it causes you to strafe though

it'll be bringing in alot of DS3 casuals who have been spoiled on gameplay where they literally run at things and mash 1 button and heal

so probably something like "wow this hit-stop"
"wow wheres my infinite, insanely fast wide-arcing combos?" "what do you mean my switch axe has a sword mode"
for the newest of new, minus lockon

>wow wheres my infinite, insanely fast wide-arcing combos?
Switchaxe sword mode?

>posting MHG(od mode)

Mantis for World!

Gigginox never gets this much hate, even though it's Khezu but even way more annoying. Hardened skin, that annoying double whip attack,AoE shit.

pictures unrelated

Indeed. It's a reason most MHW monsters are such small turds. They are literally trying to turn it into some Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma shit where positioning and even hitzones don't matter a lot anymore.

And people eat it up.

>it is now
Source?

>Dragon's Dogma
>hitzones don't matter
I won't defend DS but DD doesn't even have lock-on you fuck

[citation needed]

It does have lock on for magic skills

And MH doesn't have magic

lol

I HATE Diablos

>hating best wife

>save two seconds
>git gud

I LOVE Black Diablos!

The whole joke is how tryhards did that.

The absolute state of /mhg/

Where is my baguette stick, that's the only weapon I'm half decent at against Diablos. Literally dying to chip damage here.

where are all the bug monsters? nerscylla was an ass and a half with gunner, but it was an interesting fight

4th gen babies hate bugs unless they can pretend it's a giant robot so they're gone

atlal ka is there, and it's a pretty good fight

Why is Raging Brachy allowed to suddenly sprint at me and then punch me at lightspeed

why didn't you dodge

to be honest the hitstop can be pretty bad

Do we seriously have zero info on when the next bunch of World info drops? At least previous games had regular Famitsu appearances, this is fucking horseshit

there's so many good games out there to play right now, and you're obsessing over something 3 months away?

Again with /mhg/ being unable to read

>there's so many good games out there to play right now
not really

There is a jp stream planned for next week, I imagine there will be news there

Monster Hunter FU
Monster Hunter 3U
Monster Hunter 4U
Monster Hunter XX

What, are you talking about the "woow my switchaxe has a sword mode" thing? Switching weapons are are a meme among soulsfags since BB release, I don't think anyone is going to be confused about that.

sure there is

Monster hunter
Monster hunter 2: Dos
Monster hunter 3: Tri
Monster hunter Freedom
Monster hunter Freedom Unite
Monster hunter Portable Third
Monster hunter 3 Ultimate
Monster hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster hunter XX: Double Cross
Monster hunter Frontier Z
Monster hunter Online