/simg/ SIMulation Games General

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lQOOQ-KB0Ec?t=69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ops When?

vs unigine flight sim
youtu.be/lQOOQ-KB0Ec?t=69

Is Dirt 4 welcome here?

oh thank fuck we're back

we're dead as fuck of course it is

May I know name of the game? Looks like an Il2 mod

It's Rise of Flight and Il2 BoS is actually RoF mod.

A ship of the line, complete with rigging.

So i tried this FSE thing. Its pretty ok. Also made me realize how shit dcs is at everything. The map is tiny and looks like shit, the combat is unrealistic yet the devs keep talking about how much they are into manuals and 100% realism. Missiles are a meme, bomb simulation is from 1990. Still no ground radars, something even xplane has for fucks sake. AI detection isnt a thing... Dont even want to talk about the 60$/plane thing, half of which will stay "early access" forever because they just jump over to some other overpriced plane. Not even EA would rip people off this hard.

MURICA

Is there a firefighting plane sim or something?

Where are the scuds?

so which one happens first? this or 2.5?

probably the harrier

/memeg/

Should I get
MI-8
Or
UH-1?
I want more rotorcraft. I only have the KA-50.

mi8 is definetly more fun, it has wheels too. uhh is easier and it has weapons that can hit stuff.
get both?

>USAF roundels
but
>also Marines on the Vertical Tail

Pathetic.

Any of the civ shit simmers know how to set up a proper flight plan in Prepar3d V4?

um try again sweety :)

>cocky and posts pictures for 2004 Indian Laptops
kek

when you say 'weapons that can hit stuff'. Do you mean it can just hit things all on its own?
I'm not really sure what good transporting troops does in DCS considering that I've never done it. How does it work out? I load troops into an Mi-8 and take them over to a battlefield. Do I need Combined arms to command them?

>weapons
Well the mi8 is a fucking sloth, aiming with it is pretty annoying until you get used to it. The huehue has miniguns that you can actually aim on their own. Still the mi is much nicer and satisfying to fly once you learn how to not slam it into the ground.
No idea about troop transport.

What about cargo then? What is that about? I occasionally see Mi-8 webms of them carrying boxes, but I'm not sure what they do in-game.

It depends on the server but they can carry a deployable MANPAD unit, fuel or troops that are required to capture shiet.

Ah, but Hueys can't. I see