freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshSutphin/20130415/190541/Doing_Thumbstick_Dead_Zones_Right.php
strawpoll.me/14183393
youtube.com/watch?v=lPdMDxh5ylc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

luckfags btfo foreverally

> Upcoming Jam
>Lewd Jam
wat

making a game. first day. never programmed before. cant wait to be rich like stardew and meatman.

I must go, my planet needs me.

Shitposter OP
Notice how he fills the OP with random nonsense

Reminder to make a moral game.

Progress :
AI returns fire when attacked from out of sight.
It's easy but getting the messy AI code into BT and make it just 2 lines took some time. Not adding onto AI should be easier.
should be....

>two projects that were similar to mine
>both died last year and nothing heard from again

But we actually are having a lewd jam at the start of next year.

"Fire Code"

Sorry for the late response I was programmed in D.

No we aren't.

>gamebreaking bug fixed itself while I was sleeping

godspeed dude

the bug was you

Make it last a year

you should be more worried.
it happened to me once, and reappeared during a gamefest in front of the judges.
don't be me.

How hard is pixel art to learn?

if you have a background in traditional art it's a lot easier, but it can be difficult. color theory, highlights, etc are all still really important.

Easier than 3D modeling, that's for sure

Interesting. Thanks

You can have something like the webm, with a little less amplitude, "hip shot",

and an aim button that will aim at the center of the screen.

most people are more forgiving when it comes to pixel art

but everything from digital painting carries over, the only difference is that pixel art gets it's distinct look from it's limited resolution. Because of its resolution you sometimes have to decide between aesthetics and correct perspective which is why it's almost always heavily stylized so you can get away with more, this is what pixel art-specific tutorials and experience can teach you.

Making 3D assets is hard as fuck. Making 3D gameplay is hard as fuck.

can't say what the "best" is, but my advice is look into deadzone and thumbstick sensitivity handling. I've always found this a good intro to the subject: gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshSutphin/20130415/190541/Doing_Thumbstick_Dead_Zones_Right.php

love this meme

>no panda3d
op, you're terrible even at shitposting, just end it all now

More progress in AI : Search area

So I've tried few methods. I want every soldier to have their own awareness of battlefield, keeping what area is searched or not.
When I included vision area(with obstructions), it was too expensive in case there are tens of soldiers at the same time.
So I compromised by ignoring obstruction but having 2 layers of search state(marked with color). Once rough search is completed, it will search closely for accuracy.
I'm not 100% happy with this, so I'll take any tip/suggestion if anyone has done similar and found better solution.

but i am
it's just shit

>in uni physics class, thinki about halloween jam
>some faggot in front is doing whatever in Unity instead of listening
This doubly triggers me

>survivor's bias

Thinking*

>Making 3D gameplay is hard as fuck.
An entertaining 3D game is easier to make than an entertaining 2D game, by virtue of 2D games being so limited and flooding the indie market

How does /agdg/ feel about Key of Ethios?

Procedurally generated Dark Souls

strawpoll.me/14183393
strawpoll.me/14183393
strawpoll.me/14183393

This

>this is what idiots actually believe

I'm slowly changing the UI here and there, removing the walls of text in favor of icons and symbols, how is it?

I bet you think the fact that you've never made a 3D game doesn't have any bearing on your opinion.

I can't come up with any game ideas for my first game that isn't a pure clone. I've done and watched hundreds of hours of tutorials, I know how to make assets, I don't know how to make game and it's paralyzing me. Every game loop I think of feels so derivative and not a game that would be interesting for anyone to play with. How do you guys break through an idea bankruptcy?

making some halloween props

This will inspire you:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPdMDxh5ylc

>Halo Clone

You'll be the next Lawbreakers/Battleborn. Too many shooters. Clones also don't attract the best PR.

>Proc Gen Dark Souls

Proc gen levels is basically removing one of the core pillars from DS gameplay. It could work but I don't think it will.

>SH2 Clone

Most solid idea of the bunch imo.

>Multiplayer Alien Isolation

F13 and Dead by Daylight did well enough. It's hard to keep a community for this kind of game so it might be dead within a month or two.,

>Proc gen levels is basically removing one of the core pillars from DS gameplay. It could work but I don't think it will.
Bloodborne literally already did this.

And everyone considers the Chalice Dungeons to be mediocre at best compared to the rest of the game.

Yes

There's actually a market for a no-bullshit straight clone of Halo, because classic Halo fans are absolutely sick of the post-Bungie stuff, but you need a big budget and lots of marketing.

better

>wake up at some girls
>don't know her name but she gives me her number and tells me she'll be waiting after class
>I'm 3 months ahead but I go anyway to inspire my fellow classmates
>I survey the classroom, meeting everyone's eyes all at once with my piercing gaze
>some nerd in the back muttering about Unity and "a Gmod" not being a real game
>I boot up my Razer Valerie and decide to take a look
>nerd is casts an occasional glance at me while typing furiously on his Thinkpad
>I learn the ins and out of the engine in a matter of seconds and I'm almost done with a 2hour demo of a halloween themed VR game
>nerd struggles to focus between the lecture and the graceful movement of my rugged hands dancing across the keyboard
>My demo is already complete so I slow down my pace and toy around with the most basic features so my peers don't get distracted

I'm having trouble with a board game.

I've got 4 players, they pick a card from a pile, from Player 1 to Player 4.

Each player got a "Priority" Variable depending on the best card they take.

So let's say I got: P1=3 P2=2 P4=1 P4=4

Now I'm stuck and can't figure out how I make to game organise those numbers (1,2,3,4) to re-arrange turns order.

Any help?

On the russian board everyone would say to you:
"And then you waked up in the middle of the class with shit in your pants"

What is a good way of restoring mana?
I have stamina just regening, health with potions or food and I want a third, different way of getting mana back up.

The only idea I can think of atm is some sort of communing ritual that restores you to full mana (or maybe is dependent on how long you keep it up). But that sucks because it means you just have to run away.

make a loop

find player who got number one
save it to array

find player who got number two
save it to array

find player who got number three
save it to array

find player who got number four
save it to array

this is how your array looks now: ['P3','P2','P4','P1']

drinking semen

>lol just like in those shitty hentai, am i right

no, semen is used for leveling up and buying stuff

Mana well filled with semen

exactly

A ddr minigame that refills mana based on your score

>DDR

get ready to be sued

>reading shitty fanfiction in his spare time

I knew I should have set up a llc

By playing games and looking out for things I can steal and combine

Congratulations, you have become a machine without any imagination.
Just like 99% of /agdg/.
It's time to close your IDE and take a sheet of paper and a pen and start being creative.
Play Games, watch movies, have a life. Ideas will come by.

>n-no homo

Thank you

sounds like the work of dyslexic gremlins

a bit too much squish on the way up

t. dinosorcerer

hard to believe it's been almost a year since I decided to make game, I have switched between 3 engines and have yet to create one full game, even fucking pong I gave up on, why do I get tired of everything I start so easily

Are you me

>why do I get tired of everything I start so easily
Bad genes.

you don't feel inspired
so what if you can make pong in GM
so what if you can make tetris in an other Game builder

What is your passion user. What's your end game.
Is it just to sell a game? Just any game, at least you can say you wrote the code?
Then maybe that's not enough.

For me it's I lost all drive because I don't even enjoy games anymore, everything feels so bland. Only the sweet memories from the past are with me now.
I despite most things from today. I really don't like the indie game dev scene. Everything feelse so uninspired.
Peoples souls are dead, and so are there games.

It's been 8 months since I've started (for the third time, but it's the only time I'm making actual content) and I've prototyped one game (still have it, but it has multiple problems and overall isn't as fun as I thought it to be), and I'm now prototyping another now which is going rather smoothly.
You've just gotta stick to it, there are only two tricks I use to make it easier. One is rewarding myself after some work was done, and the other is taking small breaks.
Beyond that, there's no secret, you find an idea, prototype the main component of that, see if it's fun, and either continue or stop.

When I first decided to make a game I was really inspired and had a dream game in mind (which I haven't given up on) but I soon discovered my scope was way too big and I knew very little about creating games, thankfully I already knew how to program so I caught on fast with every engine I tried but I just went through like 3-4 different hiatuses of more than a month each of doing absolutely no work. And here I am, a year later

>You've just gotta stick to it, there are only two tricks I use to make it easier. One is rewarding myself after some work was done, and the other is taking small breaks.
This sounds like a good advise.
Keep your life balanced, and you will make steady progress after time. And not burn out.

For me, games are art.
You need to feel inspired to make good games.

>> Upcoming Jam
>Lewd Jam
nice

anyone got any good ren'py tutorials?

When am I no longer a nodev?
Is it once I start making something or only when I finish a game?

Gotta order me up some of that inspiration. Not doing any work today until it arrives.

>Keep your life balanced
My life is as balanced as a cripple trying to stand up on its own. I forgot to mention that I plan a lot of stuff beforehand, I've got a to do list of features and I pseudo-code them beforehand.
I also haven't changed engine since I've started, which is probably a big reason for that. (spent like the first 4 months trying out the engine though)

They're handicraft, they're much more focused on producing a concise, tangible product than art is in general.

>Never finished pong
Finish pong

I'll be honest with you right now I'm one of the best programmers in my country and I'm known for making the greatest softwares which is why I get hired almost immediately when I'm applying for a job, because my portfolio is fucking heaven and I am literally what every programmer strives to be. I am highly-praised in /g/ and I have a famous trip there but I usually like to post as Anonymous because I believe in Privacy. I also have a very famous Veeky Forums plugin that you may actually be using right now.

When people like a game you made

so gogem is a nodev, got it

But I like SAT

SIT I mean. SAT is confusing.

Can I into 3D with a shitty laptop, or do I need a decent computer to run modeling software?

So you've never made a 3D game.

You can as long as you don't work on something too high poly. It might suck for animating though and if you're using blender you will miss having a numpad.

Being one of the best programmers in India isn't exactly a feat, pajeet.

Your written english is pretty good though, I'll give you that.

"Shitty" by today's standards is still probably many, many times more powerful than what people were using 20 years ago, and they got by fine. The problem arises when you use a bloat engine that requires a high end gaming rig to run pong.

Where is the pedo dev? His game looks interesting, not like I like I'm a pedophile but I enjoy open world games especially ones where you can do shit to people.

>not animating in place

>test something before going to sleep
>think it works good
>go to bed and as you close your eyes realize a huge edge case you didn't test that would obviously be broken
>tell yourself you'll remember in the morning
>don't remember

meditation
If turn based then you just spend a turn neither attacking nor defending to regen certain(possibly randomized) amount of mana
If it's realtime, maybe you regen only when you're sitting. Or regens only at nighttime if you have a day/night cycle
Maybe you could have a mana sapper item or skill and you steal mana from enemies or from certain magic imbued items in the area/ nature itself

>relying on memory instead of simply writing shit down
anime

Progress! I made a shitty kind of homing missile. Also changed the mecha's color scheme a bit, I think it looks cooler like this, especially in ship mode.
I wanted to get more stuff done today but I wasted a lot of time trying to get bones rotating via code before giving up.

The missiles right now only rotate on the y axis so I don't think I can use them in ship mode since you can spin on all axis. I have to think a bit on what to do about that.