/arena/ - Arena FPS General

willits edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Latest QC patch:
bethesda.net/community/topic/113187/patch-notes-early-access-update-18-10-17

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

Slipgate to the previous thread:

link to the arenafags list has been removed because apparently it's marked as spam now

First for QC is DED, Tim

>first
Even QC's death announcement is a fuckup

You guys are silly

GUTTE 8-DDDD

That's some Hellraiser shit

love the aimless retards complaining about the lg fix because parkinsons was the only way they could get kills

>no QC news

>someone reposted my oc
wew

>Shock abound as id releases a patch that actually fixes a problem without breaking anything

These dumb dramas legit happen on /arena/? Christ, I thought you guys were better than most generals.

What are the odds of the LG exploit NOT having been a way to hide their shit netcode?

I'm going with 0%

Also, anyone knows what the game's tickrate is? It seems insanely low

you can literally only blame one person for that

60 hz

That's not too low but a bit too low for afps
In CS 60ticks gets you some moving hitbox inaccuracies and that's a much slower game

It's obvious it was put in as a band-aid to hide the slavcode.
The whole game is a ball of band-aids.

Ye but cs also has more players on the map and all weapons are hitscan there

I had to hop on quake live just to make sure I didnt have sudden onset retardation when it comes to lg aim.

In ql Im fine, but I cant hit shit in qc with the lg now

I did too.
To be fair the hitboxes in QL are really forgiving. I even get to land rails that I clearly missed.

lmao
thats a grand amount of effort just to respond to a troll
i don't think you know how the internet works do you

>i was just pretending haha troled
fuck off nigrah, you're a pathetic sack of shit that should leave this general forever

>tfw milton will never call you retarded

Anyone else randomly getting backpacks? Just noticed that there seems to be a very low random chance to get a backpack after a match.

And yes, I'm sure it wasn't there before the match and it couldn't have been a rune since those give 5 each.

>i am silly

everyone loves me

is it any coincidence that DK and nirah have the same avatar and are both retarded?

who the fuck is DK?

He's the leader of the bunch. You know him well.

what's the fastest you ever went in QC, /arena/?

come on, Volume. stop being a faggot

idk, probably 900-1000ups with cyka blyat in Burial Chamber

1700-something with clutch

DEAD GAME

New patch literally un-broke it. Now we're back to square 1. Way better than LE DED GAEM HUEHUEHUE

cant wait for those new hitboxes, shits gonna be alright

they didnt unbreak anything, they just set LG back 3 months to how it was before they set it to parkinsons

right now its useless, worse than nailgun and machinegun which should never be the case. i'd rather a staple gun in quake history be overpowered than useless

How's the smut coming along

Just let modders fix this pos game already, its what happened to every quake before it. Slash/Nyx/Anarki/Doom need to be removed or given larger hitboxes because they are fucking the game balance

>its what happened to every quake before it

is it still november when that happens?

no idea desu but hopefully sooner than later

so is thats whats going on with the LG now? small hitboxes are making it seem overall harder to use?
ive seen a lot of streamers switch to shotgun for close combat; does that seem like a good idea or should one just keep going with the LG and hope the hitboxes get tweaked down the line?

yes thats what is going on. hitboxes are getting tweaked soonish so its up to you. HMG is noticeably more effective if you want to try that instead

Q2 was literally 99% mods including ctf and everything
Q3/Ql cpma
Q4 had q4max

Sorry you were to young to play them

>Q4max
Not the same as the others. Just a small OSP-style interface to make competitive play less cancerous

you have to be an aim god to hit the smaller champs with LG but against mid/big ones its fine

L-Fire CTF was just standard CTF with a few extra server side features.

Well Quake 4 was so fucking bad it wasnt even worth saving, there was also Q34A which solved most issues and tried its hardest to fix the cancer known as Q4. Its just Q4 was so bad that it killed any playerbase so fast that everyone left back for QL, so q4max is more known rather than the actual fix Q34a

and, you're banned kid :)
never come to discord again faggot

is there some secret to switching weapons to make it faster? im new and when switching weapons, it seems so incredibly slow when compared to better twitch/youtube players ive watched.
is this just a case of those better players knowing when to take out whatever weapon for the situation and doing it earlier? or is there some weird little trick to weapon switching that i dont know.

nope, they just plan in advance

Q, E and R are hotkeys for rl, lg, and rg by default

post your 3 mains or duel lineup
I'd post mine but that'd just be 3 rangers

ctf was originally a mod

anarki nyx doomguy

Mine would be 3 sorlags

just kidding'cause I'm a fucking casual who isn't good enough for duels:(

i meant screenshots

goddamn it, I can't spoiler properly either

what

jesus your 3 mains standing next to each other
how hard can it be to grasp

i dont understand

>just got ruskirobot from a chest
>I have received five fucking champions from chests along with an assortment of weapon skins
>The best thing I got from a reliquary was those stupid nyx wings which I sold anyway, everything else was ugly neon shaders and hats
truly a strange game

pls give ruskirobot
i need my cykaspeak

today I opened two twitch chests that were only weapon shaders. Then I opened a random backpack that showed up in my inventory and with the announcer's proud exclamation of "uncommon" it was revealed to be yet another fucking weapon shader.

id, if you happen to shitpost in this godforsaken place, for the love of god, change all the weapon shaders to common drops so they stop fucking wasting space in my crates and reliquaries and fuck up my backpacks instead. not like I ever get anything decent from those anyway.

except for one time where I opened a reliquary, got 3 weapon skins, and then the first backpack I opened had an "epic" cosmetic in it

No it was officially released by id post launch.

In Q2 yea, it was made originally as a mod for Q1

what you may want to keep in mind is the different "reloadtimes" the weapons have. By reloadtime I just mean how long it takes before you can take another shot or switching to a different weapon or use an ability. In short, switching to lg after firing a rail will take you much longer than switching to rail after using the lg

here's some shitty OC

why is mspaint slosh sad
no light class is sad when they have the LG

nice, i like it, user.

because she keeps tripping on burial chamber

thx m8

OHHHHHHHH
>tfw you will never give Slash a band-aid and an icepack once she skins another knee on Burial Chamfer

>want to play QL clan arena
>every fucking server that has people in it has an elo cap so if you're not tier 2 trash you can't play during most waking hours

When does QC get clan arena?

newshit here trying to get to the point where im not total deadweight in TDM. im having some trouble against champs with high hp/armor, at least when using the RL. im not good enough to get many direct hits so i try to splash damage as much as i can unless a better opportunity presents itself, but this doesnt seem to work.

how to fight higher hp/armor champ as a lower hp/armor one? should i be swapping to different weapons during combat? i tried a few times but it seems like a few rockets and im dead, so i didnt really get a chance to see how that worked.

>wanting to play CA over DM or TDM
What the ever loving fuck is wrong with you? CA is the worst fucking match type. Only reason I can think of is that you're a stacklet.
>want to play QL in Oz
>only server ever going is Clan Arena

there's an oceanic fps discord that plays qw, cpma, and ql

Forgot pic

Clan Arena is the most general fun mode.

practice
play more and lose more
and you'll start winning. you'll figure out how to aim and what weapons to use

more OC because I'm bored as fuck and I dont want to play this broken mess

>that anarki
fucking noice
except he's only spazzing out in place, not mashing A/D hard enough

All they ever do is duels and very rarely when there is enough dudes ctf, which I am sadly never around for.

CTF only lives on through NA and ruskies

>open chest
>orange glow
>OH SHIIIII
>get this
GOD
DAMN
IT

why not play one of the various free games in the OP pastebin

ded genre

I just like sorlag cause shes cute.

That skins not too bad, has a nice firing sound and since the lg is shittier than the sng at cqc now you'll be using it

Since we seem to be on an OC kick.

cower before my perfection

But I already have the Q1 SNG.

man i am trying, it is hard. i did go from 0 frags a game to at least 5-7, so thats something.