Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releasesed October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/vkzcvp.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fortress thread!

Shaman or botanist?

Do NOT masturbate to the bun

(attack order, actually)

New thread happened so I'll repost here:

Isn't Shaman worse than Botanist outside of Chain Fencer squads?

Fencer / Pugilist
Necro / Shaman / Warlock

How fucked am I?

> no tank
Rip

Shaman better can support elemancer, botanist generally cannot

I really, really, really like this image

it'll be another year or two before people figure what's what and even then it'll still be a matter of preference

Dance Oracle makes your Buster Cannon go even stronger. It's almost a sin not wanting to get more damage for your main damage dealer. I suppose you can without Shaman if you are masochist enough to go through the superboss' bullshit.

They do different things.
Shaman is a buff class that enables massive elemental damage, and incidentally gives passive healing. Botanist is a healing class that inflicts ailments, and can sometimes enable elemental damage.

Post hexers
a.pomf.cat/vkzcvp.webm

Finally reached the end and what do I do now? I went with the alien girl to who knows where and I reloaded my save to find absolutely nothing new. I went back to the room that I finished in and nothing happened, can't find any passageways or anything.

For a party of Dragoon/Pugilist/Masurao/Necro, won't you have to farm Nectars and be kinda gimped in terms of status/bind protection without a Botanist?

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on how Chase/Chain/whatever skills work? I've never used them in any EO game before.

Post Jenetta

You reached the End Of the Long Myth, bravo user!

Fuck, forgot to delete the name, whelp

I used Hygeiai's Bowl for that and didn't farm any nectars at all other than the ones from demo.

Whoops didn't see new thread, might as well repost here. Between these two parties what should I pick?

Dragoon/Harbinger/Masurao
Warlock/Botanist

or

Pugilist/Harbinger
Necromancer/Warlock/Botanist

But this is a Fortress thread

Well, one of those teams actually have a tank.

I'm on the demo. I have a sunstone and a moonstone, but I can't complete the Sunlight Moonlight quest in the bar. Is there something else I'm missing?

Talk to the person in the bar and give them the stones.

You need to talk to the Elf again in the bar.

Can your Fortress tell bread puns?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Did you beat the superboss? You have to unlock the two seals that are in two very specific points of 30F, amid a shiton of foes

Time for Arken's Space Odyssey

Fortress is above simple puns.

So if I have a fully bound enemy and spam Leading Blow I'll get 4 attacks (lead blow then concussion/arm crusher/low blow). Does double punch have the possibility of activating for the 3 follow ups? If so I think I might have to put points into Lash Out.

Is it wrong to want to call my shaman a small medium

Yes, Double punch can activate all three follow ups

I never saw any boss, she just told me make sure you're prepared and when I went through the door, she had me walk all the way up and then the credits rolled. I do see the FOEs in the corner though.

Headcanon them as a fugitive running from the Etrian Police and they'll be a small medium at large

Double punch only works when you call out the basic punches. It wouldn’t work with lead blow anyways, since the prof requires that body part to not be bound.

Run a Rover in place of the Necro at least until 2nd names

There are two large areas on the left and right side of 30F, search for the two seals there.

>Trying user suggested method of grinding with butterflies
>About half of level-up each travel to nest in Sea Mausoleum that takes forever due to autorun deactivating on moving titles
>Half of fights ends up having leader flies run away due to constant missing and "clearing" magic weapon effect
>Meanwhile cant even grind weapons on ambush spots in anti-skill part of Ark due to devils oneshot multiple guys due to lol crits, golems fucking everyone and taking like 40 damage from each source and eventual drops being wortless lowest tier weapons with 40 base damage when I need 200+ anyway

What Im doing wrong?

Pre-Ark Stranger was 8/10 game. Now its like 2/10.

>won't you have to farm Nectars
That Earthlain revive skill is actually pretty great, cheap and quick.

Here's my ugly camera picture

Another Finn in /eog/?
torilla

>all those 3d stickers
What are you, some sort of gay sissy faggot girl?

t-there's a girl in this thread?

>not only is it a photo but it's also at an angle so it won't scan
dumb spurdo

Inconcievable

which game was this on?

untold 2

avataan

Is that your little sister's 3DS?

is that game worth playing? Never really played the Untold games.

Well, it's not like anybody ends every post with "by the way I'm a dude". For all we know anyone could be one, even (You).

But we're all little girls here, user, so don't think about it too hard.

>2xp left for next level

>broker has stronger ghosts than evoker
>deathguard does more damage than deathbringer
>shield throw is stronger than the cannon skills

transcience scythe is reputable garbage and you can't forge shields (also shield throw has nonexistent accuracy)

>Engage turtle FOE on 4th stratum first time I see encounter it
>Open up with usual rotation of Chain Plus, Vitality Prayer and Target Arrow
>Target Arrow

>shield throw is stronger than the cannon skills
*buster cannons you for 35k*

are you jealous of my aesthetics user

well fuck is this better?

>Almost no cosplay pictures of EO

Im sad.

Yes, both of them. They are remakes of the first two games

>What Im doing wrong?
>Ricky the Licky
>age: 60
Downloaded but still need to play.

what am i missing with black blade?

i'm either stepping up status from shitty ones (para) to the ones i actually want (panic) or waiting a ton of turns for ailments to wear off

can i just toss out wilting, let someone else barf ailments, and spam frigid reap instead?

I forgot you can approach the teleporter at different angles, fuck me. Thanks user.

Press A again and it'll export it to the SD card.

Are there any other 3DS games with a class system similar to Etrian Odyssey? It doesn't even have to be a dungeon crawler.

What skills should I be investing in for a potato omnimancer? So far their damage output has been slightly underwhelming.

It may be unfair to compare them to a 4kat and impact pug, but element is real important and I don't want them to fall far behind. They'll get better over time as I get more sp, right?

7th dragon. Has the same director.

Only works when you're the one setting down the ailments, get used to it
You use it for the long term game and hope that your reaper doesn't get shit over by an attack and all your work gets reset

I'm glad. 3DPD should stay out of this

The first 7th Dragon, but I think that was just DS. The later 7th Dragon games don't have the same class system.

>what am i missing with black blade?
The fact that it's a garbage skill that you should avoid like the plague

It's always going to be underwhelming, you choose so.

but if you avoid the plague you won't be able to increase black blade damage

>spent all last night customizing colors and thinking of names
>almost finished ONE (1) party but still unsatisfied with names
>wake up
>never saved and 3DS died

So this is Etrian Odyssey.

Higher Age gives more stats but less lives.
40 is usually the best balance since your characters won't instadie if they get ko'ed once.

EU card
I just started! This is great

Not him, but how do you access it after that? Do you need to just plug the SD card into a computer then?

It should be clarified that only first 7th Dragon was similar to EO (something like "EO meets Final Fantasy" since you go in dungeons from top down perspective yet you have dragons wandering like FOEs along with normal encounters and it takes a lot of EO archetypes into classes and most probably inspired EO III Princess class with its own, singing, buffing and debuffing Princess - with whips, no less!).

Second game, 7th Dragon 2020 and its semi-sequel, was PSP only and third game, 7th Dragon Code VFD was first one to receive official english translation. It was more traditional jRPG however, with little class/party variety. It retconned first game and nicely closed trilogy, tho (tetralogy if you want to count PSP games as two separate ones).

Yes.

Yes. Just use your phone or something if you don't have any other card reader

But Ricky is main heroine that never lose Life Points and thus cannot die permanently so its advised to roll age 99 for bonus stat points.

Since you get one stat point each levelup and level 30 is considered high, every bonus point is worth the deal.

Is that Teach?

where do all these autistic names like fang or mediko or teach come from

teach me your ways /eog/

Does shaman elements give hell slash elementals attacks?

>tfw nobody draws chocolate Fister

it's from the comics or something

Wrong general, friend.
Always glad to help

>ayukawa_miyuki

As you can see, Teach travels across the dimensions.

Why would anyone do that

Because she's more delicious.

First game promotional comic had medic-girl calling blonde protector "teacher".

No idea about fang, probably related to some Untold 2 story.

how do I post crisp images of my guild card

It looks like she is showing her breasts a lot more.

When are we going to get an Etrian Picross?
You solve the map puzzle on the bottom screen and then navigate your party through it.
You'll run into random encounters, FOEs, and bosses at the end of every stratum.