/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is still live
>the event runs from now until November 1st
>wait times and server-side issues should have improved for most of us by now, but no guarantees
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/
youtube.com/watch?v=TkYnc7pa4TQ

>new skins for McCree, Reaper, Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Zarya, Ana, and Torbjörn
>Event item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>Mercy rework
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>Junkertown is Overwatch's newest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching
strawpoll.me/14176551
reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77dzf8/new_mercy_makes_watching_pro_ow_a_terrible/
reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77egbl/this_is_the_first_patch_ive_ever_felt_selfish/
reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77ftuu/too_many_mercy_players_care_more_for_the_status/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here comes T.Racer!

He finally did it!

>Latest comic
>comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching
Gotta change it to the new comic.

Whenever you post these lengthy OPs with links my phone fucking explodes
Stop it nigger

What do you have
A 2009 flipphone?

Important poll:
strawpoll.me/14176551

>Whenever you post these lengthy OPs with links my phone fucking explodes
>my phone fucking explodes
>phone

>don't provide so much useful information, my fucking PHONE can't handle it

And OP's the nigger?

>700 posts
You forgetting that a lot of people sit on laptops that cant render this thread?
The links are not helping it

Oh, it has lil wings that flap when you reload.

just so i can be clear on when can i come back to this game
what's the ETA for Mercy ending up dead on a ditch

That's what you get for being a phoneposter.

>A lot of the maps and heroes are broken because they literally stripped the unique features to match Overwatch's gameplay more.
Shameful

Don't forget that with every new patch they lower ttk and change/rework past heroes to be more braindead

Reddit is in flames over the mercy patch
Bnet is your usual Mercy mains threatening to quit

Which one of you wrote this?

literally shaking

>a lot of people sit on laptops that cant render this thread
Along with my normal computer, I also have a shitty Acer tablet that was under $200 dollars when I bought it two years ago. That underpowered, no-RAM-having piece of shit can render these threads just fine.
Stop lying.

I wish there was a permanent setting for turning off text chats.

so 6 months is the worst prediction then
well, guess i'm caliing it quits for now

b-bonjour...

What fucking patch?
the one that achieved absolutely nothing with the 2 charges?

I wish I was

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77dzf8/new_mercy_makes_watching_pro_ow_a_terrible/

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77egbl/this_is_the_first_patch_ive_ever_felt_selfish/

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/77ftuu/too_many_mercy_players_care_more_for_the_status/

I don't know if you can blame the OP, then.
We can't all just stop what we're doing just because you're running Windows 98.

That OP keeps growing with every general. I've noticed too. I think it's that shitposter behind it again.

Remember when he started adding hero ability descriptions to make it two pages long?

Same boat played all summer. AND NOT A SINGLE SUMMER SKIN.
Same stuff this halloween event

At this point im not gonna bother log in

>That OP keeps growing with every general. I've noticed too.
>lying on the internet
I know it's you.

I tried shortening it last thread but I think the regular OP just wants it to be long. Don't acuse him of shitposting though, he ahsn't messed up a link fur the lulz xD yet

They're all good posts, what's wrong with them?

>remove everything that is older than a week
did I just fix /owg/ OP

EU silver here?

Let's duo

He's laughing because even reddit realizes how OP and garbage Mercy is now.

except the middle one, didn't read that one.

>solo queue
>everyone is tilted and aggressive towards one another right of the bat, mostly lose

>queue with friend(s)
>everyone is kind and constructive, mostly win

what kind of shaman juju bean maggik is this?

fuck off falseflagging faggot

From now on we are enemies

You and I

There's nothing wrong with them.
Reddit is having a meltdown over Mercy ruining the game meanwhile Jeff is butthurt and Mercymains claim they are persecuted like the jews.

There needs to be a tank that also heals. Then I can get whined at by my 5 DPS team to pick them.

It actually made it worse. Now mercy can res 2 people right at the begining or in any large teamfight.

Zarya, chill.

Roadhog can heal ;^)

just play Hog, they don't want to win. Might as well let the enemy team build ult with your fatass.

That makes sense. Hopefully now that plebbit are talking about it they will do something.

I've been brushing up on my 76 since Mercy became a big problem (and also to shoot down those pesky Pharahs). But I noticed something weird. When I started dicking around with Bastion for shits and giggles, I actually do better with his recon gun than 76's pulse rifle, to the point where I'm getting Recon Kill cards and over half of my kills as Recon.

Is there something significantly different about his gun? I know it has a slower firing rate, but does it also spread slower or something? That's all I can think of.

>Is there something significantly different about his gun?
Bastion's recon mode gun has a significantly tighter maximum spread than Soldier 76's rifle.

there's 2 options I see for what they can do to mercy
>Remove res and give her an ability of (somewhat) equal power
or
>revert res and make it require LoS
Which one would /owg/ want?

When are they finally going to buff soldier?

they did a little buff to recon a while ago, when he went back to Armageddon mode for a few days, I think.

just delete her entirely

That would be it, then. Thanks.

why do you think he needs a buff?

What doesn't kill you only makes you pissed off

Her playstyle is too passive for this game, most of the time mercy is avoiding danger because she cant actually defend herself properly

>the forums

The reason for Mercy's inbalance is because of Jeff tiptoing around the fact that he stole TF2'd Medic and doesnt want to introduce UberCharge.
Also Zarya has that ability more or less.

Meanwhile people unironically suggest UberCharge just with a different name. One stupid ass post I read was Mercy giving someone a Halo buff which makes them invulnerable and gives them extra damage.
Really?

Just give it longer cooldown, and nerf her other stuff like hp regen delay. It literally simple, obvious, barindead change, which Blizzard will never make coz they are autistic retards.

You could do that before, you just had to resurrect, ult, and then resurrect again.

she has a point, they do need to make more hot girl heros. There's like 5 of them right now.

I'm gold, i'll help you at least get here in this hell

Valkyrie is a mess, it has to go.

NICO NICO NII

Make Resurrect her ult again.
Upon activating her ult, it just starts a 10-second window of time, during which she can go over to as many teammates' corpses as she can reach during that 10 seconds and rez them each individually.
No invulnerability during rez. And it's not an ability, so it has to charge, so no more casually undoing the first pick of every teamfight.

I somehow missed that 2 res is ult only, and not default. But mercy still broken.

>Brazilian or Italian
subtle

This game just hasn't been fun without my boy piggu

Rez is just too strong to exist as a normal ability in the game.
There is no way around it. As long as Mercy has it she will be 100% mandatory in every team ever.
She needs a complete rework that doesn't have Rez in her kit.
And she needs it fast.
The reddit posts are not wrong. OWL can't launch with Mercy in this state. It hilariously bad to watch teams fight endlessly, and every good play that is being made, be undone by Mercy pressing 2 keys.
No one wants to see that.

>mercy is hot
>the rest wouldnt be models

D.VA is literally an actress in the lore and she's not a 40 year old roastie. Pharah, Widow and Tracer are also all better looking than Mercy. Symmetra is wierd, a lot of people don't like her, but for an autistic pajeet she has an insane body so she could probably be a model.

I'd be down with this

Make rez her ult again and take away her invincibility and make it LOS.

>still can't transfer skins from console to PC

>OWL video shows Krusher99 falling from grace because he died stupidly
>Jeff couldnt handle it resulting in Mercy buff
It's simple. It's OWL compatible.

No

OWL is a joke anyway, OW too casual and too ult-focused to be exciting to watch.

Rez should have stayed an ult and only revived ONE person

>tfw you won't get that genji swordsman skin in the comic until next year.

Option to play in Mercy banned games when?

Sombra's hard to play, but she's pretty fun. I like warping around and hacking shit. Too bad you can't hack ults away anymore.

The problem is:

Mercy isn't fun to play
You need a mercy to win

The solution is to buff Ana and Zen.

yes

Mfhhhm... *breathes in*.
I think...
Overwatch league is good

Going for one more box and if it's shit i"m just not going to play until arcade boxes reset
Sentai is already the best DPS skin in the game what more do you want

So how about.
Rez removed.
Rez's substitute is an ability that instantly heals the tethered character to full, same cooldown and same interaction with Valkyrie as rez right now.(During ult, only the character that is getting healed directly by mercy is subject to the effect of this ability)

I agree. I miss OP Ana.

But that's never ever gonna happen

To each his own

UBERCHARGE

I don't disagree, but it can be somewhat fun to watch a few times sporadically.
But I tried watching a few pro matches the past few days and it was infuriating how slow and stale they were, just because there is a hero that can undo whole plays and pushing the game to a stall for 2-3 minutes.

How about you keep rez but it only rezzes people to half health

>matched with a 5 stack with golds in them against a 5 stack with diamonds in them

>be tank
>teams dps is shit
>switch to dps next round
>they are even worse at tank

Valkyrie is a piece of broken shit too. Just get rid of it and give us ubercharge.

No the solution is to nerf/rework/delete Mercy. Healing is already too strong, by buffing Ana and Zen nothing would die anymore.

That face is perfect for futa

ITT: Straight women

why don't you start with one user?

So since day one of OW launch everyone was talking about Mercy how OP she was and how braindead she was.
Later when she was left behind and no one was picking her because of Ana Zen and Lucio buffs everyone was still talking about Mercy and how she desperately needed buffs.
When she received those buffs everyone was still talking about her and how OP and braindead she was.
So she got reworked and since her rework these past few weeks everyone is still talking about her.

How can you design a hero that is so bad for your own game that makes the whole playerbase only talk about that for the entire lifetime of your game?
This is pretty hard to achieve.

>mercy is broken
>let's just boost everyone else to be broken too
No.