/fng/ - Fortnite General

Where the hell is the general edition?

>What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is an early access zombie + crafting third-person shooter with a free-to-play Battle Royale PvP mode made by Epic Games. It has cute as hell graphics but smooth gameplay, good optimization, and shows a lot of promise.
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

>Is it fun?
Hell yes. If you've never played a Battle Royale game, now is the perfect chance to download and try it for free. You can pay to play the PvE zombie mode as well.

>What is battle royale?
How's that rock you're living under? But really it's a 100-player free-for-all where you jump out of a plane with nothing and have to scramble for weapons and supplies to kill other players and ultimately be the last one alive. There is a circle that restricts the play area which will shrink in size every few minutes, doing damage or killing anyone outside of it, until the last remaining players are forced into a small area to decide the winner. Fortnite's BR mode is different in that it adds the Fortnite building system along with a fully destructible environment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5bbzEDdwic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1,000's of people playing non-stop
>no general
>no one posts
>but the fucking Sims has a general with 300+ replies

OKAY Veeky Forums

Howdy, /fng/. Content creator here.
I was wondering, what types of videos do you guys enjoy seeing?
Shorter, longer, memes, et cetera?
Furthermore, looking for feedback on a video i'm currently cooking up.
Any help counts lads.
Cheers in advance!

I enjoy 2 hour exhaustive breakdowns of jumping mechanics.

>spend 20 minutes running around the map collecting loot, max health and shields
>instantly die to a sniper shot from a guy outside my vision range

this game is not fun

i want to huff penny's butt

Was he REALLY outside of your vision range? Or did you just not see him so you're ass=blasted?

>TFW too intelligent for battle royale games in 2017 and am still burnt out on the genre from arma 2 a decade before all these meme royale games came out

I actually prefer the scoped AR to the sniper rifles. Anybody else?

I hate that once the game gets down to 20 players or less, it's nothing but camping and sniping.

There can be some epic home-invasions too, if there are buildings or constructions around. Rockets and grenades are flying everywhere, too.

Has anyone played the PvE? Is it fun? I'm considering buying it because of how fun this game is overall.

POST MORE IN HERE YOU FUCKING NO-TASTE RETARDS, THIS GAME IS WAY BETTER THAN STUPID LAGGY PUBG!!!

tfw you never get to play as the big black character

did they patch the 3rd person zoom out?

does anyone have a fix

You're not gonna play in first-person anytime soon, user.

not trying to. trying to zoom out further to see more.
FOV

Rockets are annoying as fuck. Why they don't have a minimum arm distance or mad splash damage/self-damage is idiotic.

Just got to last 4 when turbo faglord charges around the corner at me with 12 life and jump-rockets me from 10 feet away. Its about the gayest fucking thing I've ever experienced after such a good game.

>shotgun headshot
same thing. just saw a dude win with a body hit across the map with a rocket

How did I do?

Too intelligent to play a game that rewards out of the box thinking? Yeah, just no...

I'm gonna second this

i like seeing full games, and/or short memes/compilations

I too enjoy this game

jump shooting is the tech all the pros do

learn children

>play squad with 2 friends no fill
>one friend gets eliminated super early
>when we lose one early, our tradition is to go full on rambo engage everything mode
>Decide to only use green semi auto pistol to make it quicker
>proceed to go on a rampage outflanking and dropping everyone I find
>refuse to pick up multiple gold and purple snipers, scars, and grenade launchers
>rocking pistol with 150 rounds, 4 healing items
>me and friend make it to top 10
>small circle, see team of 4 attempting to start base construction
>"my time is now, remember me"
>build stairway and hop wall into the 4 of them
>die horribly, but not before eliminating 2 of them
>other based friend dies trying solo another group
>friend:"you know that grenade launcher wouldve been perfect there right?"
>mfw
>16 kills with pistol only

I unironically trade my friends an assault rifle for one early game now

how many wins do you guys have?

21-7-12 here

don't weapons need elements to be useful later on?

this games popular, why is this general so dead?

1 :3
its my first battle royale game, but im only 8 hours in

good question

>me and two other people drop in at loot lake in solos
>we three meet in the roof
>nothing there, drop to the first floor
>nothing there either
>shit may aswell try the cave underneath
>one other person had the same idea
>fucking nothing there either
>we end up dancing with each other

scratch that, make it 2 wins

grats user

Character customization fucking when?

I want to wear hats, shorts etc..

loot boxes

I only have one, but I've been playing/streaming for only two days.

Glad I decided to give the game a chance, it's really satisfying. Generally fun game that I can play at my own pace.

shit battle royale games wrought with hackers don't deserve a general

>find an rpg 1 in 10 games
>find rpg ammo everywhere
>literally end up just picking up ammo for some brainless idiot to win by firing 12 rockets in the general direction of someone's fort

>legendary grenade launcher
>60 ammo

damn this game is fun

OFFICIAL WEAPON TIER LIST:

GOD TIER
Bolt-action sniper rifle
Pump shotgun
Scar

COOL TIER
AK
M4
Semi-auto sniper
Grenade launcher

OKAY TIER
Scoped M4 (used to be God)

MEH/TACTICOOL TIER
Tactical shotgun
Tactical SMG

URAFAG TIER
Rocket launcher

DRIVEBY/WHY TIER
Submachine gun

CLINT TIER
Revolver

OPERATOR TIER
Handgun

Also, how close to the first possible drop point do you guys drop? I usually go one area from the closest named area, so there's always action but no clusterfuck

I have not had this experience, and I'm jealous. I want like random secret teams in solo mode, maybe teams of 25 or something, and the only way to tell is armbands - that way you have to identify your buddies before you kill on sight and ruin your victory.

>pcfags have to deal with hackers

concerning solo btw

>pump shotgun
>god tier

nah

I love it for solo, one good shot to the head and u ded

It's too bad this game isn't quite getting the traction of pubg

I like the more arcadey style and building mechanic a lot, I guess pubg is just too big and too good of twitch bait.

I don't really feel as if the game gets enough exposure through forums or anything. The way I found it was by looking at popular Twitch games. Case in point is that Veeky Forums does not have a fortnite thread all the time and COUGHr/fortniteCOUGH is completely shit as well (who'd have thought?)

Is it that everyone is too busy playing the game or are the people who play the game not big on posting on Veeky Forums/reddit/whatever

also I don't really feel that the devs have an effective marketing strategy

whiiiiich is what you get for making your own shitty launcher and not publishing the game on Steam or anything...

It's also still really rough. It had a failed box release, they shifted gears into a f2p model, then threw on a more popular Battle Royale mode on top. It's drawn a lot of attention, but it feels real shaky.

I'd post more, but I'm trying to stream it which doesnt give me a lot of time to post

The response was kind of light, but i've tried my best to create some content with what I was trying to work with.

For those interested in checking out my shameless self shill, here's the link lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5bbzEDdwic

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated lads!

Liked subscribed followed called the FBI

>You placed #2!

dead general for a shit game
why can't epic just stop sucking so much of their fellow dev dudebro cock and fucking die already
oh right their jewish early access and 4 tier buy in schemes give them the funding to keep sucking

People are too busy playing the game to post

It's fine though, we can rely on you to bump the thread

pubg sucks

fortnite is good

how can that be

>last 2 alive
>I manage to sneak up right behind him
>drain his shields with 1 shotgun hit
>proceed to miss the next 5 shots then he kills me

B