/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1005 - Wrapped in Black Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51w92hy6u2c
funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-sonic-pop-s
twitter.com/tk_s623/status/919468510652198912
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sonic wishes he was in a better game

girl sonic is the fastest thing alive

youtube.com/watch?v=51w92hy6u2c

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Just wait two years or so.

Yeah that definitely answers it. Thanks.

What did he mean by this?

I'd rather have redditfags than ssmbfags at least

How bad is the waifufagging on /sthg/?

Long story short

>Sonic & Amy go on date, leaving Tails alone
>Rouge shows up to Tails house
>Knocks Tails out
>When he wakes up, he's tied to a bed & is raped by Rouge
>After he gets raped, it's shown that Tails liked it & wanted her to do it to him again
>After Rouge said no, the two are kidnapped, by a character that's named after an author who gave the person who made the story a bad review
>The guy reveals that he kidnapped Tails & Rouge so he can force Tails to fuck Rouge again
>The guy dies
>Story just ends

Like I said, Sonic had some bad fanfics back then

If Sonic came out as a homosexuel, would Amy kill herself?

dbz references were a mistake

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes

Not that bad.
It's the shipfagging you need to look out for. It's been obnoxious lately.

>putting "Super" in front of everything
>missing the point this badly
The real reason only male hedgehogs can go Super is because Sega doesn't want to come up with a cool new name for Tails' and Knuckles' Super forms.

yeah just like all those straight girls who consume yaoi media that immediately commit suicide

>implying this decade hasn't been the best for games right from the word go

Will /ouregg/ ever win?

I think what user meant is how green hill academy is basically a sonic fanfic written by buzzfeed

Finally got my first triple chain on the bastard for the achievement. And all because he dropped a single garbage puyo that interrupted what would've been a two chain otherwise.

>a cool new name for Tails' and Knuckles' Super forms
fuck off with this alliteration autism, please. there's literally never been anything wrong with Super Tails and Super Knuckles.

if Blaze used the Chaos Emeralds she would still be Super Blaze.

He's won in Forces. I doubt it'll last though.

"No worry, I'll make that Sonic straighter than a ruler"

No, he is forever destined to be betrayed.

I like cute Sonic and Silver pics, thank you user.

Who's the artist?

Super forms were a mistake. Goddamn Naka.

She would have a hard time over it, but eventually she would move on. Move on to lusting over other male hedgehogs that is!

Did someone say Super Forms?

She'd fuck the gay right out of him.

>FF 13, 15
>Sonic Boom
>Mass Effect Andromeda
>Tales of Zestiria
>No mans sky
>Duke nukem forever

Any news besides the second part of the comc?

what's wrong with posting ships though
i don't mind it at all as long as it doesn't break out into stupid arguments

I think that would just make the situation worse for her. Attempted rape and all.

>finally
How many attempts did it take you? Be honest.

Sonic Forces was cancelled.

The best balance is that everyone can harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds to go Super (because they're just a fucking energy source, everyone should be able to use them) but only important characters like Sonic, Shadow, Silver etc. have unique forms while everyone else just glows.

Why wouldn't she have a super hammer?

What's wrong with 15? I thought that game was good.

they're just triggered by ships probably
anyway there hasn't been any arguing about ships in forever

I don't know if you missed it, but there's gameplay of "Chemical Plant" and the Infinite fight.

Like cops do anything in Sonic's World

If you actually thought FF15 was good then I feel sorry for you

Don't listen to /v/

Why would anyone get into an argument over ships? Everyone already knows the Egg Carrier is the best ship in the series.

>what's wrong with posting ships
Nothing, except
>as long as it doesn't break out into stupid arguments
Is exactly what happens.

That's nice, user, but I was looking for actual criticisms.

So, I know a bunch of you have been in this fanbase for years. When do you guys think they'll announce the next Sonic game, mainline or not?

once you go dark, you'll never leave the Ark

Probably after forces

user, i don't think it's about alliteration. i think it's about supersonic being a real thing

There's an easy mode in Sonic Forces. You're capped at 100 rings and only lose 20 rings per hit.

There's also a "rental" feature with the OCs. You have your OC and can swap it out with another one during a level to get access to different wispons or something.

There's a new level called Space Port for the OC. Kind of looks like Chemical Plant. Also has a train in it. Kind of reminds me of Radical Train.

Probably a year or so after Forces

2021, where they'll announce the next game, with CLASSIC SONIC and GREEN HILL and CHEMICAL PLANT. Don't forget the DEATH EGG ROBOT.

Do you think we'll get another mainline sonic game before the end of this decade?

Nope. Next game will be Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie: The Game.

Well we didn't know about Forces or even Mania until the 25th anniversary party last year and both of those are for this year. So I want to say probably an announcement at least a year from now, maybe longer. They could also just wait until the 30th anniversary to put out another game. Another Mania sequel and Generations sequel since that seems to be all we're getting anymore.

*Swoons*

I have no clue honestly. It probably depends on how well Forces is received. If it is received well I except the next game to come out in about 2 years with the same boost gameplay and a similar story. If it is not well received, I except it to be quite some time before we see the next game. It may also be different than Forces in terms of gameplay.

Yes.
The reason why Forces took so long was because they were developing a new engine.
A new game shouldn't take 4 years this time.

So, does the comic confirm the returning villains are a creation of the Phantom Ruby?

Sonic Funko Pops coming soon!
funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-sonic-pop-s

>movie based game
>it's sonic
I have a good feeling this could be abortion #3

Sonic Team aren't stupid enough to use Green Hill again right?

Ha ha, right?

>6 bad games in an ocean of great games coming out this year alone
Go back to /v/

I'd say hopefully but that seems early.

From the novel.

What finally sold me on Forces was back when they showed off the Double Boost clip.
The song playing as you zoomed through badniks, lyrics blazing, while Sonic started encouraging you with happy-go-lucky, cheesy dialogue.
I smiled like a goddamn five year old, I missed cheesy, power of friendship Sonic and I hadn't even realized it.

They've used Green Hill in Generations and Forces. Not to mention the Green Hill clone that is Windy Hill. As long as this franchise continues, there will always be Green Hill/Green Hill clones.

Probably an announcement around early 2019.

If we consider me looking at the achievements to start going for it as of last week, about nine times between all the playthroughs i've run through Chemical Plant since then. If we just count playthroughs in general, well.. gosh, that'd be upwards to the 40s.

kissu

Because accessories don't necessarily transform with the user? She can probably just do ground shockwaves by stamping her foot. Having a Super weapon seems sorta unnecessary, doesn't it?

>Who's the artist?
twitter.com/tk_s623/status/919468510652198912

>Because accessories don't necessarily transform with the user?
But that'd be way cooler.

That's cute

Make it a Sonic Boom movie, novelization, video game then you got yourself an early GOTY contender!

Yeah man so I guess that means we'd better call them Fairy Tails / Miles Stone and Brass Knuckles, huh?

Come on.

Reminder that jet the hawk WILL make a cameo appearance in forces

Why would Super Amy's hammer magically being powered up by the Chaos Emeralds be "way cooler" than her just performing the same feats with her bare hands?

how do you know

A Super form or other relevant transformation should heighten the character's existing abilities. Super Sonic can dash into things, Super Shadow has better chaos abilities, Burning Blaze has better fire abilities, Amazing! Amy should have stronger hammer attacks and other hammer abilities.

Make wing hands canon

He better bring Wave with him.

>A Super form or other relevant transformation should heighten the character's existing abilities.

Infinite Hammer works

In Zero Gravity he runs a legitimate business to fund his robots.

Yuck.

Because imagine if her hammer got super big and she could flatten buildings with it and shit
That'd be way cooler than stomping which is so generic.

a hammer isn't an ability, it's a weapon. at best she'd just be able to use the hammer really well and have more force behind her swings. the hammer wouldn't transform or be any better than her barehanded abilities. at best she'd be able to throw her hammer.

Trust me on this one ;)

or disallow tails and knuckles from harnessing the chaos emeralds

user what the fuck am I reading here

Yeah, as an Avatar LOL

I don't know about you, but that one user's idea of just giving Amy the final color blaster is a lot more interesting.

>a hammer isn't an ability
It is for Amy.

Shadow the Edgehog

your "gut instinct" does not mean that the bird is the word