Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releasesed October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Dodge fencer in general needs its TP costs reduced, everything costing 15+ on an Earthian Tank is so awful.

Good OP

DE

I think they thought because you do so much of your damage through counters and utility through dodging that they had to make the actives expensive to compensate.

>people replying to my maps in past few threads
>why don't you paint under doors?
Remember when IV's demo was released and people were disgusted by this feature being added when it was first pointed out?
It wasn't until Untold that these 'people' started pushing their NWO cartogrophy philosophy down my throat as the correct way to map.

>inb4 we get it you're a petty oldfag
no u I'm trying to preserve history while you newfags are trying to rewrite it into some hippy-dippy we're all equal kumbaya bullshit trying to make me do stupid shit like place walls around shortcuts and use the E icon to notify the staircase that exits the labrynth.
Like, just get out of my face with your tiny little teeth looking like it's shark week all up in here. Maps aside, who are you all to judge my fetishes (which I know I share with many others here) anyway? Yes, I like NTR and smelly girls, so yes, my image folder consists of many of these images. Honestly just deal with it because I give more to this community than you ever will (a proud streak of consistent OPs created for some of the best threads on this board).
From now on, let's all pretend to be a little self aware about where we are when we post, yeah? Feel free to visit vitagen if you want to talk about casual crawling, I wont judge you, but here is where the hardcore players report to. Thanks.

Ok.

what's the most autistic thing you do in these games?
I personally always wait until an hour before dawn/evening to use the inn so I maximize my awake time

I wouldnt say the utility isnt without tradeoff though, having no reliable damage mitigation on a "tank" is really questionable in some instances.

i painted under doors in the DS games even though you couldn't see it

Teach is fat
FAT

Haha, shut up, man

oldfag here, I also did this

>preserve history

Do people actually use lightweight on dodge fencers?

My fencer is on the frontline so no.
She act first anyway.

If a class can carry a Shield, I only put it in the slot directly below the weapon. Also, whoever is functioning as the "Tank" in my party has to be int he front middle spot, and the healer has to be in the last spot.

>no u I'm trying to preserve history while you newfags are trying to rewrite it into some hippy-dippy we're all equal kumbaya bullshit
You're preserving an old ass standard that was shit even when it was still true. The painting under doors philosophy is well grounded and a welcome addition. Still not painting doors is like not using the benefits of medicine or technology because muh old days.

> place walls around shortcuts and use the E icon to notify the staircase that exits the labrynth
Now this is just wrong. Nobody sane would argue for repulsing stuff like that.

The rest of your post is okay. Feel free to continue posting here.

Predict just needs to be deleted and them to have a self buff which provides decent aggro and a tiny bit of dodge.

Same, I wouldn't call it autistic. Just inhuman. Almost feel bad for my party.

A-are we talking about the same skill?

I agree, finding out Predict was only 1 turn long made it very awkward to use, especially when level 5 is costing upwards chunks of 20% of my TP in the 3rd stratum.

Where can I find the DLC QR code shit

Flatt

What skill are you talking about, my chain skills always goes first.

Increased evasion with less gear on

Lightweight, the skill that increases evasion based on missing slots.
Which has nothing to do with frontline or moving first.

at least you tried to be subtle in the first half

>Chain Plus requires 5 points in Chain Killer
>Resonance requires 3 points in Optic Thrust and 5 points in Swift Stab

Who designed this shit, jesus christ

>Not doing chain all + tribind + chainkiller and watching sparks fly

>black ice bomb out of nowhere
>wipes 3/5 of my party on the first turn
>does it two turns in a row

What was I supposed to do here? The stupid pharaoh just decided to say fuck it and nuke the party.

You can already get level 5 on your most important skills haflway through the third stratum. I much prefer growing over the course of the game compared to older EO games where you would just unlock your broken skill early (e.g. midebara) and then get passives for the rest of the game.

Chain Killer is a dead skill in a chain party, but optic thrust and swift stab aren't that bad.

They have no powerspike either it seems, even my Harbinger has been useful with level 9 toxic reap and auto miasma.

Does that include not equipping a weapon?

All of my armor must be organized by where it would rest on the body:
>helm
>armor
>shield/gloves or accessories
>footwear

No using portraits that have visible weapons if that class can't use it. Uneven EXP is not tolerated. Once I can kill one FOE on a new floor I exterminate every last one regardless of whether or not they're puzzles that I should be avoiding.

Ummm what?

they're good skills for randoms at least

Ohhh, you guys are doing Dodge Fencer, sorry.

There's either a shortcut along the right or you'll reach that side later on.

Secret passage. Good luck

Are Shaman buff heals every turn, or only when you use a buff skill?

When do you unlock master skills

Modsss, he's at it again.

guard corps suck ass

>muh gender
>But you are not bothering by lower races getting along with humans

BEGONE

So posting screenshots of the game is against the rules?

There are two different skills that do one of each

Give me your thoughts on

Fencer/Masurao/Puglist
Dragoon/Botanist

Originally I had a warlock instead of the fencer but I feel like fencer/masurao synergizes better.

Earthlains are the master race

I don't think this is just a screenshot.
Just look at the filename

Also, why don't you post the full context of this conversation?

you're right it's just like john lennon's "imagine"

Taking pictures of a screen with your phone should be against the rules, yes. Take a screenshot like a civilized human being, you mong.

basic/10

How is that illegal? Honestly I think he's a retard but people like you getting triggered by shit like that don't belong here either.

Why fuck trump though?
I am pretty sure this all this pic means is that Syrik loves some sweet traps and cross dressers.

you had one job user, don't feed the wildlife

they'd have a woman president in EO

They tried it once, wound up with the Despot.

Why does Teach in EO5 Fencer outfit feels a bit off to look at? I wonder if its because of the disparity of her figure versus that of normal Fencers of if it is because I am used to seeing her in heavy armor

Reminder that EO literally takes place on post-apocalyptic Earth

But that's just a theory.... A GAME THEORY XD

shut the fuck up you stupid retard

>shitposters from /v/ leaking over into the etrian general
I come here to escape you faggots

Do they all take place in the same universe?

t. feminist

Can Amalgolem not be poisoned or am I just having awful luck?

No he can't, but the small golems can, and if they fuse with the man body while they are affected, the main body inherits the ailment

I asked this question in the last thread and while EO1 to EO4 being in the same world is likely, its quite a stretch for EO5 due to the potatoes, elves and bunnies. Unless you want to handwave that they only exist in an area we didnt know about before

a light in our darkest hour

Play millenom girl's game

>allmighty ring
8+ to everything seems very low in this game

You can't directly afflict it, no.
You can poison the small ones and let them merge into the main body.

do you mind if i repost this on reddit? it's pretty epic/funny
i play dungeon crawlers to escape stupid anime plots

Which portrait?

Should keep a log, thread quality always sinks during burgerland primetime.

It is, that's why you get it in the 3rd strat

>Have to pay for FM Synth
>Can't even get it until the end of the month

Who thought delayed-release DLC schedules were a good idea

You most likely played (and started with) 4, so you're contradicting yourself.

It sucks

Here I was wondering how its never brought up how the female necros seem to never suffer 'clothing' malfunction. Magic?

it's not that good, honestly

cool assumption mi amiga
etrian odyssey 1 is perfectly playable and didn't need to be remade. especially not with an epic anime plot lmao

Why didn't you play it, then? It's clear you didn't considering you're denying that EO takes place in a post apocalyptic Earth.

>not reaper (male)
Mildly disappointed.

>he doesn't know
Relax bud, shit sounds like gxscc anyway.

All classes can now access the skills of the other specialization.

Who is the most broken?

Necro

What the fuck is even the FM Synth?

You know the music of EO1-EO3? Like that

>4kat with Sword God
No contest. Runner-ups:
>Barrage Pugilist with Fortitude
>Omnimancer with Common Magic.

poison cloud useful?

>tfw too brainlet to do FOE puzzles

I know I should not respond to bait. But I think this user is thinking that EO games were infested with lefties SJW and shit like that?

user, necrololi was never censored and in the shitty artbook you still get to see Fencer's pantsu.
Also, why are you upset by this and not the insane amount of shitty memes and bad translations?

hope you got a thread or full retreat up

And yet, we haven't met a single one. Not even the spinoff series has one.