/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD Project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=hcEn6Fgbdgo
youtube.com/watch?v=Sitg0_aO6gE
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0
s1.webmshare.com/m8X59.webm
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv307323309
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYRE_avtdps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And thus begins a new cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU

The group that is doing the concert is called Game Symphony Japan. I've tried searching up performances done by them, but the only results that came up were stuff that people recorded themselves. Like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=hcEn6Fgbdgo

So basically we're fucked unless we get someone on the inside. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen.

God hates fags

youtube.com/watch?v=Sitg0_aO6gE

like you?

I might make a new one with updated OP for the English translation of synchronicity prologue.

Is necessary to crossdress to become a good summoner?

Yes

Chaosbro here. We hate fags too. OP was drawn by some neutral weirdo trying to slander us.

/smtg/ is legitimate fujoshi clay

Fuck it, guess we'll keep the gay shit. Was going to use pic related for OP.

Also add this.
>Current English translation for Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

SMTII is gayer that anything in this thread

This is a really stupid question, but how do you recuit demons in Nocturne? I don't think I was paying enough attention when I got Pixie and now I'm level 14 and starting to struggle because the demons I have are fairly shit (I have a full party because 2 others voluntarily joined me). I know you're meant to be able to negotiate for them etc but I really have no clue how to initiate that. I'm a personabab so I haven't really used a system like it before (bar P5 which is very simplified in that crit/weakness= knockdown>negotation).
On another note how important is the counter in the top left? I'm guessing it's phases of the moon or something similar but I'm not sure how much of an impact it has upon anything

when in battle press left to open the talk menu

Just use talk and keep complying to their demands. One thing to note is the message you get as you approach the demon. If you get one like "demon smiled" or "the demon is laughing" then that means they are less likely to join you. If you get one like "the demon is thinking" then you're good to go as that means the odds are possible.

That's even confirmed by Atlus themselves. They didn't even wanna play it during the stream.

>even NINE got played
lmao

does anyone have that video of that hairdresser dancing to smt4's midboss theme

what

Is this going to be a copy pasta now? At least the 3rd time I have seen this

s1.webmshare.com/m8X59.webm

I wish Minnesota Fats caught on here, even a SMT meme by tumblr is good.

In other words,

honestly, /smtg/ and tumblr are the only two places with a good megaten fanbase

The first Deep Strange Journey review is in. Famitsu gave it 9/8/8/8, or 33/40. To simplify it even further, that would be a 8.25/10 is you used a ten point scale.

Wasnt the original rated like 37 or something?

Does anyone know if the smt v news will be livestreamed anywhere?

Oh man I can't believe I was this stupid
thanks senpai

>guess we'll keep the gay shit
It's even better like that.

it's good for your brain

The original was rated 36 actually. I wonder what's the reasoning for the 3 point difference?

The concert and SMTV livestream is here
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv307323309

>going anywhere other than here for smt content

Other places suck for megaten. It's either persona or lol edgy humor that ignore pre PS2 games

Can't wait till all this shit gets delivered to my apartment

>6 am EST

Well fuck. Someone record it so we can play it back later

>Famitsu

Yeah, but so far we have nothing else. I suppose the game comes out in 7 days so it doesn't matter either way.

You're waking up early. This is HD Project we're talking about.

>playing nocturne
>trying to fuse a demon that inherits four specific skills

you have yourself that much?

That's dumb. You're dumb.

>grimekhala attack
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING IKARUGA REFERENCE

I'm in one of the Facebook groups and it's full on autism. Retard admins who can't decide if the group should stay closed or open, faggots crying for attention, people getting offended easily, etc.

/smtg/ has retards, but they're more tolerable than most.

>facebook group
Bruh

>facebook group
Why?

/smtg/ is a real enigma honestly. On a board full of namefag, ERPfags, constant waifu posting, mobile players, and constant blogfagging you have /smtg/ which doesn't have really much of anything. Like yeah people will talk about fucking demons but it's taken lightly and doesn't cover most of the threads. I don't think people realize quite how good we have it. We have idiots, yes, but they're just idiots and nothing else. For every other general, to my knowledge, that can't br said.

>Facebook group

SMTG is the 1000 year kingdom amongst a sea of piss

sssh you are going to ruin it

We still have some people trying to initiate blogposting to liven up the thread (favorite band and shit like that), namefags who aren't really namefags (beadman, russia user) and redditors trying to identify posters every fifth thread, people who are not trying to adapt to Veeky Forums customs in general. Better than most generals, yes. But still a lot room for improvement.

I'd bet my ass that all of you have an account though. Cancer needs to get cured. Please stop getting brainwashed by filth and accept that your true allies can only be messengers of Him and other enlightened people.

Having an account isn't the issue, dummy, it's being in the group that is.

I don't have a facebook or a twitter account.

The Skype group was a lot of fun. Video chats about megaten while playing megatens was pretty comfy. Everyone in it slowly died off though.

Did anyone buy anything from the Atlus store? The fucking UI is atrocious and i have no clue how big a "size M" hoodie is, also all the shit is pre-order and i have no clue when i'll get this shit.

>Everyone in it slowly died off though.
Well, that's what they get for showing off their faces in the internet but I shouldn't shittalk the dead, I guess.

I bought a Jack Frost hoodie (L).

Band shirts work as a mating call, Jack Frost surely does too!

I got a hee-hoodie.

>Lawfags are social media posting mundanes
go figure

Fuck i want a hee-hoodie also but i have no clue how the sizes work! I'm just gonna contact customer support.

I actually have no social media, though it might change soon due to life issues. I had never needed one before so I kind of just never did it.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Are you implying that lawfags post on social media? How are the posts you quoted related to that assumption?
Excuse me, if I misunderstood. I'm ESL

Just beat synchronicity, is there a different ending if you don't deal the killing blow to black frost/J?

Also, synchro 2 when?

there is a different end if you collect all the shit i think

First you could fuse with demons, now you can synchronize with them (oh shit, tuning was in DDS, too). How long until we can overlay with them?

more importantly how long until we can ___sex____ with them?

>404 not found

We already can. Multiple demons are known to rape humans, ones like lilim, succubus, and incubus are some of the more known ones.

yeah, but on my own terms.
i dont want to wake up to see an incubus fucking me in the ass.

I do

I think that incubi(?) only fucked women for the sole reason of getting them pregnant and increasing their numbers. No demon, at least of the ones in SMT, are male and rape males. They are either male and rape females or female and rape males.

>assuming my gender
wtf

>wake up early

More like stay up super late. I go to sleep at 3

Minotaur in IV is hot as fuck.
I wouldn't mind being trapped in his labyrinth.

it's because the Law Conert will be hosted by Game Symphony Japan and not by ATLUS so no stream

Yo I'm playing jsynchronicity and I'm having trouble finding the ring fragments in the 3rd sector (the one with the escalators). So far I collected the one behind the green banner (where the 2 yellow elevators are), the small crawlspace in the giant room before the power switch room. where's the other 2?

Other than the spic who gets super angry at everything we are an extremely helpful general and try and help each other out more than not. It's very nice and comfy

Why the fuck is macca beam a thing?

Try not to feel too bad lawfags.

rate my stick

Because macca hoarding is a sin that should be punished.

DSJ LEAKS WHEN

Who cares, it's in japanese.

I have read the new EO requires to update your 3DS, i wonder if DSJ will require it.

Because sometimes there are situations where you just need to act irrationally.

>(Laughs)

hello /smtg/

>NOBLE VOICE: FUCK YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYRE_avtdps

>真・世紀末RPG、誕生。

Is this a new SMT

No. 真 just means "true" or some shit like that. This isn't related.

Good day, fellow samurai.

Wasn't someone talking about a SMT IV MC only run in the last thread? I tried something similar and got stuck on Minotaur

(Sweats)

Why would you even play IV when Final exists anyway.

Is someone going to restream it? Nico is cancer.

Soon.

All of that shit's outdated now, how long until we can Link?

I would like to debate, but can't find any reasons to play IV over A.

(You)

Same reason you'd play SMT 1 when SMT 2 exists.

Why would you even play Final when Persona exists?

Will western reviewers be able to get past Fallen Orias?