/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Honest wahoo man Edition

Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/920757175877881856
arcsystemworks.jp/arc-revo/assets/img/2017/schedule-final.pdf
savvytime.com/converter
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMZgqR6UQAAVEji.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want Faust to sit on my face. Remember this.

I want Jack-O to sit on my face.

Feels bad

So uh... apparently our threads are being stolen and aggregated by some kind of rogue AI that assigns usernames randomly to different posts.

veekyforums dot com slash thread slash 187392079 slash video-games slash ggg-guilty-gear-general dot html

I'd keep noscript/adblock on just in case.

That's one awful url.

That's been a thing for a while now. I remember the /x/ thread on it. Something about ad revenue

Nice virus.

What are your bets for tomorrow?
Robo Ky and Anji feel right to me

Another rwby character and maybe some dragonball shit. Not expecting any guilty gear announcements at all but I would love to be wrong. Robo-Ky would be cool, but I think they would settle for one returning character and one newcomer unless they were to release a whole new version.

What I want: Ariels, maybe Robo-Ky or Bridgette, or maybe a brand new character.
What I realistically expect: Nothing but RWBY and DBFZ. Guilty Gear is forgotten and abandoned forever.

>Bridgette

I'm thinking about getting into fighting games and Guilty Gear really appealed to me. Would Slayer be a decent choice for a beginner?

The usuals people recommend for noobs are Sol, Ky, Leo, Sin, Raven, and sometimes Elphelt. Slayer isn't a bad choice though, not hyper technical although a bit different than some of the more straightforward characters.

>Play very long set with a friend
>End up winning 76-1
On the bright side he is getting better

You should pick the character you like the most always, high level Slayer has a big execution barrier in the form of backdash jump cancel into specials but you can do fine for the most part without it

When's kliff coming back

Replaced by best boy.

Rest up for Arc-Revo.

What time is it starting?

Was it one of those "we ain't stopping until I win at least once" lads?

friday 8PM Japan time.

I thought GG was on saturday. Thanks for the heads up.

>tfw ill be in class until 11:30pm jst

get fucked normie

i hate myself

It's never to late to go back. You can do it!

i dont wanna go back

But it's 8.10 pm in Japan at the moment. Has it already started? Going to need some clarifications here; where can I watch GG and when?

Shit, I think I messed up.
twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/920757175877881856

Thanks. According to the schedule here arcsystemworks.jp/arc-revo/assets/img/2017/schedule-final.pdf it looks to me like it starts at 11:15 on saturday local time. Do I have it right?

For clarification. I was referring to Rev2 when I said 11:15. Looks like the whole thing starts at 8 am local time.

Still working on that TK Mad Struggle from c.S. Still can't figure out the timing for the small hop, two hit, and four hit-versions. I will probably have broken my wrist long before I'll get this shit right.

No, considering he won around the 50 mark

Nothing for GG.

Nothing, those poor little fellas at ARCSYS are too busy working the dragon balls

Leopaldon.

I'm considering picking another character since i'm on a pretty good spot with Kum, how long will it take me to get a proper Venom going?

I really want a follow-up to Daisuke's comment about Robo-Ky being next, but I doubt we'll get any GG stuff today. Rev2 was a small upgrade but still pretty recent and they've got two new games to talk about instead.

Depends, I guess. I started with Venom, haven't played anyone else (if you don't count trying a character out in training mode). Now I'm at 225 hours and 900 matches and I don't consider myself good. What should be kept in mind is that I had to learn to use my first arcade stick, learn the basics of the game and stuff like that. I'm really bad at estimating things like this, but if you've got the basics down, maybe like 70 hours and you'll be better than me.

That is, you'll be close to mediocre in 70 hours or so, I think.

IIRC it's some guy from /g/ who rips posts from Veeky Forums and gives them random usernames to make it seem like his site gets a lot of traffic to appeal to advertisers.

What a cunt

Taking time out of Baiken just to post this, it's too fucking retarded.

What the fuck

But how

>Maruhan 10-0ing the foreign Arc Revo team players

Some context: I work in security, and ran afoul of some coloured folks of a spirited persuasion many a year ago. Long story short, tyre iron vs. teeth has an unfortunate conclusion. I got them all smacked out in my late 20s. I maintain a killer smile with false teeth at the tender age of 38. Cue to this arvo, my sister mistook my falsie glue for toothpaste, with hilarious results.

>niggers break innocent security guard's teeth
But of course.

By the way, how long did it take for you to get used to the false teeth? My father got them recently but he's having a bit of a hard time getting used to them.

No surprise there

Long enough. I respect old people so much more now

I now have this sudden urge to go brush my teeth.

Fuck me, I have a feel for the timing for the movement input during c.S but I still can't figure out why exactly it still whiffs from time to time. I'm thinking it's the timing for pressing S . Feels pretty good to get some results, even though I'm sure if I tried this online, i'd fail it 9/10 times.
Thanks for reading my blog.

From last thread:

What ports do I have to open to maximize games found?

I don't find zero but I can never join games by code. If I make a code up it clearly fails right away but if I enter a real one it searches for a while and finds nothing.

Steam P2P: UDP 3478, 4379-4380
UE3: TCP/UDP 7777-7778

>not a single baiken

Why is she so shit bros?

she stinks!

That's a lot of Elphelts!

Is there a schedule for arc revo? Is there anything happening today?

She really is a slut.

tomorrow

Because they kept her terrible health/stun but replaced her alpha counters with 3rd strike's red parry which doesn't do much considering nearly the entire cast has delayable gatling normals.

Is the left column saturday and the right sunday for each hall?

That's japan time though, shit's starting tonight if you're in the US.

it says gmt+9. subtract 13 hours for EST, so flip the am/pm and take off 1 hour

Too much math

Most likely nothing, if someone is announced it will be Robo-Ky, Ariels or Zappa.

About 6 hours from now.

>mfw my boy paradigm gets announced

Reminder to practice your fundamentals and general execution too when you practice or Ram will be very mad at you.

Are there any wester players competing in arc rev?

There's an american team with Bears, Kizzie, and KidViper on it.

Ram can get angry all she wants, she's a shit character anyway

Hype! Realistically how do they do? Weve beaten some japaneese players i know

There's an EU team (who will go 0-3) and an NA team (who might win their first round)

If it's anything, one character and a balance patch perhaps. Definitely not staying up till 5 in the morning this time for whatever the announcement will be especially if it's nothing.

So what's up with like all the japanese players being banned on twitter?

twitter is absolute dog shit, this thing is going to have a giant collapsing event any minute now. people need to just switch to gab.ai already

Somebody in the last thread was posting about it

they have zero chance of winning but there is a slim chance of them making top 8

I'm terrible with timzones, can someone just say how many hours from right now until stuff starts?

Have you seen the brackets? You should have said "they have a slim chance of winning a match"

I'm confident in Bears' ability to steal matches before he chokes.

post brackets

Tournament starts 5 hours from now, Xrd starts 8 hours from now
They gotta play Taka/Tomo/Isamu second round if they win their first match (which is possible) Not happening

savvytime.com/converter

pbs.twimg.com/media/DMZgqR6UQAAVEji.jpg
You have to go to the website itself to get who's on what teams and I'm too lazy for that

>Taka
might as well pack it up no one in america can beat even an average jap slayer

I want to fuck that snake

every valentine sister is a stupid BITCH

t. assblasted ariels

Not Ram

>tfw the Valenties are my mains

epic my friend, simply epicccc hahaha!!!!!

He's not wrong though

Soon there will be nothing left

Where'd you get this from? Got one for BlayBoo?

>0 Noels
HAH

>5 Kunes that have to play him post nerf
lel

>all those characters with no players
Fucking boobers