/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is still live
>the event runs from now until November 1st
>wait times and server-side issues should have improved for most of us by now, but no guarantees
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/
youtube.com/watch?v=TkYnc7pa4TQ

>new skins for McCree, Reaper, Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Zarya, Ana, and Torbjörn
>Event item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>Mercy rework
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>Junkertown is Overwatch's newest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Is the current build of Overwatch the worst the game has ever been?

I want to nut hard in Symmetra's cervix!!

Hnnnng, ahhhh... good morning /owg/!

Yes.

I want to nut hard in all of Orisa's fuckholes

>Ults should be trivially easy to shut down
It's like crying that you can't kill an ulting winston because they gave him too much health

>cumzo forgot to learn shift
>pharah flew past that corner with mercy in plain sight
>mercy's res didn't achieve anything
>>b-but she was so op right guise --fredcuck

i want a mommy who would pet me and sit on my face

No, but it's very close. Stacking heroes in comp and McFanTheHammerMan times were much much much worse

Yeah, it somehow beats Mccree+Widow+Lucio+OP Discord+Coin Flip meta.

god i fucking suck at direct hits with pharah it's a fucking joke, takes me a full clip to kill 200hp heroes

how to get good

Here comes T.Racer!

>/owg/ is full of retards who claim mercy's ult can be shut down by picking hitscan character and shooting her
>#1 McCree in the world can't deal with Mercy's ult
>"It's like crying you can't kill an ulting winston because they gave him too much health"
Ulting winston is a joke if you have zen on your team.
But it's ok, I get that you're retarded.

>open halloween box
>see yellow
>get excited, but also worried that its a non seasonal skin
>its 500 blizzard bux
>mfw
why is this allowed

Stop aiming for the feet. Splash falloff is extreme in this game, TF2 soldier doesn't need to rely on direct hits so hard. Pharah does Direct Hit-tier damage though so absolutely try and hit people directly with rockets.

It's hilarious how someone here thinks he's a pro because he can kill a character more often than that character kills them so in his mind that character sucks and should be beatable by everyone else using all other characters.

>#1 McCree in the world can't deal with Mercy's ult
>McCree
think i found your problem sempai

>finally reached 1200 SR
>no gamer girls anymore
>only retards, bad players and people who play on toasters with 500+ ping
>play Tracer
>feel like carpe for some games

Feelsgoodman.png

It's also hilarious how people think just because a character has a counter that that character does not make the game worse.

post bnet, cutie so we can lewd it up ingame

You just described every single one of these brainlets that do the "just shoot her" meme ad nauseam.

Name three heroes that can better deal with Mercy than a McCree.

there's gamer girls in bronze?
I always thought they were in diamond+ because they only play support and get carried by their bfs

widow, hanzo, winston

>it's another "highest SR player in the match is mercy one trick"

Soldier
Sombra
Ana

can anyone share their tips for the junkenstein endless bonus round achievement?

>there's gamer girls in bronze?

No. There are barely any girls left in platinum.
They all ascended to diamond, master and GM now, thanks to the Mercy buffs and the fact that this game benefits the female play style.

>lol just shoot her hahaha
I see

I'm not even gonna laugh to your winston pick when mercy can just hold spacebar

Up until a week ago the number 1 player in the entire EU was a Mercy onetrick

just keep jumping

>two mercy one tricks duo queued in comp
for what purpose?

Remind me again, /owg/, what is the singular WORST Ultimate in the entire game and why is it Winston's Primal Rage?

To stomp male gaymers since girls are better in OW than men.

>this post

you need to get laid user

Zen, mcree, torbjorn, hanzo/soldier
Always have deadeye ready for roadhog/mercy waves
When reaper spawns, flashbang and discord him and if everyone ehadshots him a bunch you can kill him before he phases
Focus junkrat then mercy then roadhog
Set up torb turret between where reaper and symmetra spawns, when sym spawns have torb sit on the very edge of the corner so she targets the turret, molten core and whack the turret until she dies
On bonus wave 4, run around like crazy trying not to die and hope the door has enough health to survive, there's basically no hope of killing the bosses at this point

>keep jumping
>6s cooldown on his jump as opposed to 20s infinite skybox-tier hovering
>almost does not outdamage mercy healing passive during Q
ebin, not even going to meme arrow the sniper picks

>Soldier
>The second you press Q everyone is on your shit or out of your sights
>Sombra
I have literally never seen a sombra-centric team against modern Mercy. Any VODs?
>Ana
lol

Winston and Doomfist's ults are like D.Va's but performed in a different manner. Deadeye used to be the worst before it got buffed a bit. I'd say Widowmaker is close to the bottom in ult worth

>Not focusing the Zomnic's closest to the door at almost all times

>my virginity can be seen in each of my posts
Is it really that bad?
But why are girls better in OW than men?

Wallhacks for the whole team is huge.
Worst ult in the game is probably Pharah's at this point. Most of the time good Pharahs don't even ult or ult like once a whole game because it's a death sentence.

>any character with a gun+discord

widow or roadhog's ult are the worst.

That's hanzo/soldier's job, everyone else needs to junkrat>mercy>roadhog
During bonus waves it's really not even worth bothering with them, there's no way to get all the bots and also kill boseses before the next ones spawn, just kill as many ripties as you can and basically protect mcree so he can ult

should the turret be in that location at all times? or should you have it near the door and then change locations before sym spawns?

>Pharah
Definitely one of the worst ones. Team wallhax isn't as huge of an advantage as it should be.

Because Mercy exists.

BUFF BARRAGE NOW

>The second you press Q everyone is on your shit or out of your sights
That's why you flank her.
>I have literally never seen a sombra-centric team against modern Mercy. Any VODs?
Same as old mercy. You sneak around and hack her shit/hit her with your ult.
>Ana
You sleep her. She's out of commission longer than McMeme can manage while whiffing his shots.

It's up to you I guess, but it's a good spot regardless. It's likely to get eaten by roadhog's ult, but it is good for distracting reapers.
When two symmetras spawn, molten core the first one then jump down and put your sentry by the door so mcree can ult the second one

I spent 70 hours on it, then suddenly I did it like 5 times in a few hours with different people.
The curse has been lifted or something.

Likely to get eaten by roadhog's ult by the door*
Also, molten core roadhogs to keep hooks off of mcree and help shed some health

Pharah's ult is great with Zarya or Reinhardts.
It's pretty much a guaranteed 4-man kill.

Also, as torb put your armor packs by the walls so people aren't walking over them every time they take 10 damage

If you can only ult while invincible or the enemy team is crippled the ult is bad.

>Mercy mains are so braindead that they can only play the easiest, most overpowered hero in the game and still believe that she's underpowered because they're just that bad at the game already
>these are the people that every single match revolves around

tips?

>half the damage
ults in the game

>see enemy team has a gamer girl
>don't even try to win
>just try to get the game over as fast as possible

I always lose against girls, feels bad man.

>if you can't lonewolf a whole team, you are shit
I want negro mains to go

This is a team game.
Pharah's ult is supposed to be used with the team.

Zarya's ult doesn't do shit by itself.
Rein can only kill maybe 2 people with his ult.
Doesn't mean they're bad, because it's assumed other people will assist you.

Oops, clicked with auto on
Anyways see

>winston chasing an ulted mercy will surely kill her
SHE FUCKING OUTHEALS HIS DPS

Did they change ffa? I feel like i'm getting kills even if i'm not hitting the killing blow

She doesn't.

>Ana
>Winston
>Hanzo
>Sombra
>better at dealing with an ulting mercy
>than MCCREE

Mercy mains are THIS deluded

>heals constantly
>can fly anywhere
>winston can only jump up at her then fall back down
>all while in the middle of the enemy team
sure winston is the perfect counter to ulted mercy

Rez should just be removed from the game as Blizzard seems to make it worse everytime.

they're fucking stupid or bronze or both

She still doesn't outheal winston (20 hp/sec regen vs 60 dps) . I never said he was the best counter.

Keep in mind I did it on console which means everything is slower and clunkier in general (and the turret does 15% less damage). The dream Team is Zen / McCree / Torb and Soldier. People argue about Hanzo can be used instead of Soldier, but I played with godlike Hanzos and they still got overwhelmed in the end.

Put the turret at the spot on the picture. It still reaches most of the level, safe and draws the Monster (ult with Torb or gets destroyed) away every time, this means McCree can confidently ult right away from the left stairs.

Zen should focus the most important targets from the door, McCree headshot the bosses as many times as he can, soldier have to delete the bombers then focus the bosses. Torb should tank the bosses for most of the time. The tire is everyones responsibility, you can take a lot of bots but one tire can mean life or death.

Every Reaper should be killed by discord headshotting him when he teleports in. McCree can actually headshot, flashbang and headshot him two more times every time. He usually survives with minimal health but dies after wrath ends. This is muchmuchmuch faster than trying to kill him any other way, especially when 3 spawns in later in a short time. An important tip for Reaper and Hog, many people don't realize this even after dozens of hours. They obviously target someone and try to follow and kill him in a short distance (assuming most of the team is alive, if not they hunt down the last people anywhere). This means the others can do whatever the fuck they want even standing next to the monsters!! For example if you slowly walk away from reaper after he wraiths after you and drop into the left pont he will try to follow you even if he gets roasted from behind. Same with Hog, if he targets you, you can move behind the waist high rocks and he takes a lot of time to try to get you. cont.

Give Winston an ulted-only ability to GRAB a non-tank hero. Grabbed player is stunned and takes damage everytime Winston jumps (normally or with jump pack). They are released once the ult end or your interrupt Winston with flashbang, hook, sleep dart etc.

Pharah only deserves nerfs like
>Mercy can no long fly toward Pharah
Or
>Mercy has been removed from the game

xdddd harambe

you need to go back if that was your first thought.

No, my first thought was "that's a fucking awful idea"

There is two way to reliably deal with Symmetra (I'm not fond of leaving the torb turret there and ulting, it isn't a sure kill / generator destroy and the turret gets destroyed mid wave). First way is the Soldier rocket jumps to Junkensteins spawn and if he stays close to the edge he can make Sym stay there and destroy everything (or at least bring down her health a lot). The second way is simpler but it requires more focus fire. You can actually destroy the generator by standing at the spawn with Soldier (biotic field + rocket + gun) or Torb (ult and shoot) or McCree (stand on the edge of the bridge and you have just enough time to shoot it to shreds then jump down) then run back to the others and ult her with McCree then focus her down. She actually dies pretty quick without a Deadeye and unlike Hog or Reaper she changes her targets all the time when most of you are near. This is a big advatage since she won't fry anybody a lot.

As for the Witch/Junkenstein/Hog wave I suggest orbing and killing the Mercy with Deadeye, then focusing the Hog (McCree headshots kill him very fast) and leave Junk for last. People tend to die here not because of Junkrat but because they leave too many bombers alive all the time.

Don't forget, you can run away from the door if you get overwhelmed by hog. You don't have to stay near and take the ult. A few successful zombots aren't a big deal, kill the blues and the bosses fast.

Hanzo can get to Junk's spawn as well.

>tfw Taxi man is dead
I wish that bitch Mercy would get deleted already, i'm fucking sick of being told to switch to Mercy because she's so boring, I don't know how anybody could main this whore.
I just want to play Lucio, goddamn it.

Yes he can but I never had luck with Hanzos even with good ones. As soon the bots show up in big numbers their aim gets worse and the biotic field is a gosend many times. You can do it with Hanzo but if you have trouble doing it at all then I wouldn't risk him.

please remove mercy from the game she is literally ruining the fucking game

>Individual player performance plays the smallest role in determining "skill" rating
>Your rank is based entirely off of your matchmaking luck
>Fuck you if you don't have a 6 stack, especially solo queing
Why don't they just seperate solo queue and stacks into different brackets? Or better yet, make the skill rating based on your actual fucking skill fuck you Kaplan

mei pics that are actually cute, did i die?

Nobody every focuses the blue guys. And since I'm the only one trying to kill things they all focus me. Gets old.

i'm gm only solo-qing for 4 seasons in a row, and before you ask i'm not a mercy main

Because they count assists as elims. You really trust these fuckers to get measurement of skill correct?

is mccrees van helsing skin old or new

best way to level up at incredibly high speeds?

Pay

There are so many people in this game who are so bad at it I don't even know what to say.

yes.

Say hi to the silver babbies for me

if it's new = 3000

6 stack is actually harder if you want a high rank, because not only you have to have the usual luck but you get coordinated enemies all the time.

I agree it is very bad you can do your best and still go down but the worst is when you get less points for a decisive win that you lose on a defeat based on mystical hidden stats. Usually I get twentysomething for a win no matter how I play and lose thirtysomething for a loss no matter how I play. In every season I won double what I lost to keep up my rank and climb some and this feels wrong on every level.

would mei be an anti-fa member?

gosh satania is cute

Which Overwatch male has the highest amount of testosterone on his body? Who has the lowest?

No, she'd just write on Tumble about how skinny people are evil