Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI
youtube.com/watch?v=9bAUCRAQHdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I wanted to make a maximum titty elf party, what would it be? Therians can be used as well.

I'm thinking Necro / Botanist / Shaman / Warlock / Fencer.

Gutrune is a perfect pure waifu.
Olympia is a worthless sexbot.

salad

Bandanashark!

>sexbot
>useless
You can use them for sex

I cannot deny that.

>giant caterpillar
How hard is this thing going to kill me?

Just bind the whole cocoon before it hatches into a butterfly or you're fucked.

Pretty hard, unless you can prevent it from biting you. Despite being considered the "easiest" lowest level FOE in the first stratum by the game, they were the hardest for me.

for necro/dragoon party do you need bunker or 3 wraiths?

Does status attack uo work with chain blast? I wonder if an evoker necro has a super duper OP chain blast

>2necros1dragoon
youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI

You never "need" bunkers.

I don't think it does, but even if it did, racials are far from being the most damaging attacks. They're valuable because of their utility.

Depends. If it's a cannon necro party you don't use any bunkers. If it's a shield necro partu you generally have someone you're divide guarding. I only use my one auto bunker and let my necro have the rest of the slots. Depending on the fight i might just have all 3 slots for wraiths. Evoker wants all 3 slots but a broke can be fine with two.

Do you get +20% on advance difficulty?

Jesus how do you people even play EOV at the start without a botanist? I'm having to heal all the time because the trash enemies do so much dmg per hit

meant to quote

Keep your armor up to date, especially the frontliners. The first couple of levels are the worst when it comes to getting one shot. Heal with medicas/fish between battles.
Later on random encounters stop being that much of a nuisance, but the lack of burst healing starts to become more prominent, especially during dragged out fights with FOEs and bosses.

Usually having a bunch of medicas or running rover, necromancer or shaman. Botanist is the most convenient and easy for early game definitely though.

In general I cant recall an EO where it is advisable to go without a dedicated healer though

Why can't I Gunmount after Divide Guard? That really sucks.

A lot of Life Exchange use.

Shaman+rover is enough this early.

Almost every megaten game and one or two of those boring vita ones.

A Shaman with Herbology and a Rover make Botanists completely superfluous.

>A lot of Life Exchange use.
Just use Blessing, dude.

So what's the reception on Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 like? I haven't played the first one but I know how a mystery dungeon game plays like so I'm wondering how it is.

>tfw want soul gather but have no place for reaper
send help

remember mystery dungeon 1
it basically just that again except people knew what to expect

So should I be aiming for high damage for a Barrage Pug or just getting more binds? Is it possible to be really good at both?

wew i should probably go wraith spam like i originally intended, shit being wraithed to death for just touching your dragoon is too hilarious

>do exp dlc once
>put ring on my botanist since it has huge wis on it
>do one stratum
>nearly 20 levels overleveled and not even at the boss yet
i may have gone too far in a few places

just retire

What was the recomended level for Golem? I did it at 15, is that overlevelled? What is recommened for the strata 2 boss?

There's no such thing.
Just do it when you reach it.

So what is the strategy to the floor 10 boss? He just did his sky dive thing and completely one shot my entire team from full HP through my barricades. It didn't seem like there was a tell for it either (Like "HES CHARGING UP LOOK OUT), so it wasn't like I could defend on that turn. He just fucking did it and that fight was over. What is the deal with this move?

Around lv (stratum number+1)*10 is plenty. I was lv52 for the fourth stratum and I still had a fair challenge.

Animal Therapy and Gospel.

>23F

I don't get so many anons claiming dive wiped them. I had no clue he could do that the first time I fought him, hell I even ate two in 3 turns because I was steamrolling him, my team had no dragoon too (did have a dodgy fencer) and I still beated him ez. Do you just not upgrade your armors or something?

>Beat the shit out of the lion and wolverine
>Skip the entire puzzle
Easy.

20 and 30 are way too high for stra1&2

20 for first yes, 30 for second no

I was at lv 17 and 28 by just exploring and building foe equips, never grinded once and the foes in the next stratum were still bloody red. How can someone reach there at a lower level? Skipping quests, using invisibility and not fighting FOEs?

Why didn't that dumb minesweeper quest tell you that the scanner doesn't work diagonally?

I've really enjoyed the 4th stratum but I need to go lay down after floor 19. That was exhausting.

Building FOE equips as in forging them right? I'd consider that grinding, but FOEs don't give nearly as much exp as they used to

I did hippogryph at 28~ and it felt way too easy

*Formaldehydes anonymonster* kills you *Anonymonster dropped his virginity*

Is armor basically the priority in any EO's shopping list? Just below ariadnes that is

>Farming foes
Fuck that noise ingots are there for a thing

Tanking normal trash packs that live beyond one turn with Lightweight is terrifying.

Impact Pugilist, Shield Dragoon and Evoker Necro seem like they'd synergize pretty well. Dragoon keeps Pug safe while he berserks, and Necro sets up grave so the wraiths go apeshit when Dragoon gets hit (which he'll constantly be with Dragon Roar and Divide Guard). Would this work or do enemies later on render this strategy unfeasible somehow?

there are a couple games where armor is basically useless re:eo3
you want armor upgrades in V though

>using formaldehyde for common drops

What was the point of this post?
Cute lolifort, though.

In EOV, sure.

Is paralysis really just 50%? It feels like 80-90 both ways

Couldn't you have just have finished with pierce damage?

>Penetrating user with an arrow without his consent
The adventurers aren't as monstrous as you think

Is the third stratum quest where you plant the seed MEANT to turn into a Roper?
Is there another place in the labyrinth that I could have planted it for a different outcome?

They're gonna kill him without his consent, but they won't use arrows on him without his consent? These adventurers seem a bit strange.

Yes. It's a unique monster so you need it for the compendium anyways.

I imagine one issue is that you need Divide Guard near constantly, so Dragon Roar turns have to be pre-planned, and you'll never get to protect your backrow from magic missiles. There's also the old Fortress problem, where your tank takes 2+ hits of a group attack with a status attached then gets crippled. But it should still be solid

List of European guilds in the imgur link:
-Hohenzoll
-the best
-Titans
-Red Fleet
-ARIA Co.
-Sassing
-Radiance
-HUNDRED
-Loliwood
-Samsara

Tried to check Kielo and Raptars but they were impossible to read.

Some additional stats:
>60 American guilds
>10 European guilds
>15 guilds are labeled with their region (8 American, 7 European)

When life gives you bananas, make banana bread.

No guild labelled with BR?

Updated my guild card. Add me US bros.

>Only ten number tiles in mapping tools
>Need more than that to accurately mark teleports

This hurts my mapping autism.

So I just finished up the 5th stratum and I've gotta say That boss was pretty easy after I figured out how to deal with his miasma move..

youtube.com/watch?v=9bAUCRAQHdE
What the fuck is the meme I heard in this general lately that "chain killer is bad/useless"

People have been saying that? I'm running a chain party myself and Chain Killer is the most broken ability I've come across so far. The only thing that comes close to it is Foot Bind if the bind actually lands.

Is there ANY sort of hint as to what turn 2nd stratum boss uses Sky dive? How do I deal with this shit when he just seems to use it randomly.

HP triggers, exact amount should be in the previous threads

I just barely managed to beat the 1st strata boss with a lvl 14 party, doing all the quest I came across while exploring, those FOE's add up friend.

no idea man
I was looking into forming a optimized chain killer party and saw some choice posts in the archives that really made me think

Which characters/classes do you anons self-insert as?

Updated mine too in case anyone cares.

hehe

Only one person out of all of those called it bad, the rest said it's a waste of points if they're doing an elemental build (which it is) and the last one who's cut off probably says the same.

Prepare to have a meltdown in the last stratum

Oops it's two

>people say if I let the giraffe's charged neck attack go off it's a wipe
>it happens
>take a tiny bit of damage

Ever wonder how did your almost-TPK survivor drag around 4 bodies? Then again, I assume if that happens, they just Ariadne out of there

Though at least in the EO1 4koma, Mediko had to drag around 4 coffins

what the fuck

Even the weakest naturally grow like five times stronger at high levels

>reached fourth stratum
I hate turtles now.

>took animal care and gathering on my dragoon
how fucked am I?

fuck all these collect a rare material quests

Hey, those are going to be useful for finding chickens in 1F and for gathering wheat in 2F

animal care is useless past the chickens but gathering is good

>now

So why does the game say Dragoons are backline units?

HAHA FUCKER HERE'S THE REVENGE FOR THAT COIN YOU TOOK

Cows?

Rookie's trap

I was expecting some terrible mary-sue backstory to go along with the sparkledog-tier drawing, what a letdown

Because they have a gun, are you dense?

I am neither a trap nor a rookie.

The first thing in the "likes" list is a man. Which is exactly the kind of thing I expected.

>Dislikes
>the concept of Necromancers being shirtless
What an edgelord

Nothing wrong with liking your bro