/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #596

''20th October 2015, the day of disappointment'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Cfgg6bznpZ0
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Reminder that Victoria will be the main love interest in the upcoming tv-series.

I am working on digging into game files, I will send them here as soon as I finished;
Rachel will get herself into the trouble and (will get kidnapped) by some bad guy in this story (I will later reveal it with game files) And we will have to save her. There will be two confrontation scene; one of them will be well known character as you expected and one of them won't be one of major characters but it still will take place as confrontation and you will get shocked.Advice scene with Steph (and cute jealousy moment) is really coming this time btw

Anyone know the music that plays in the Ambers house?

>You now remember that this is a thing
Can Hollywood ever be stopped?

Max is #1

Tv series? The hell?

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

That's a strange picture of Max you got there.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cfgg6bznpZ0

AmberPrice song.

Oh shit. It is still a thing as far as we know.
That's going to be one huge mess.

YEAH!

Chloe is a way more entertaining and interesting protaganist than Max desu.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

This scene was so cute

Chloe just needed something more

Two years ago we were thinking /lisg/'s days were very numbered after the disappointing finale of Episode 5. That we wouldn't have anything to discuss or look forward to.
We kept this general consistently alive since then and now we're awaiting the finale of yet another LiS game and a bonus episode. As well as eventual news on the next season.
Oh, and we're four threads away from #600.

/lisg/ strong!

Reminder

All because of the magic of Amberprice

>/lisg/ strong!
Always

How could Max ever hope to compete against this cutie?

>People enjoying this non canon/retconning garbage

Fuck you guys, it was obvious from the first game that Chloe and Rachel relationship was not romantic at all

Fuck Deck Nine, tumblr panderers

To be honest, I really do hope that they 2nd season will be something entirely new, with maybe some vague references (not even explicit cameos) to Arcadia Bay events.

New powers, new plot (without forced tragedy bullshit hopefully), new lesbians.

>It's obvious that the very ambiguous thing is a fact
Hmmm, did Chloe ever call Max "her angel"?

she doesnt have to compete because Rachel's body is rotting on the ground

t. pricefieldcuck

Anyone know what song was used for the ending montage?

Friendly reminder.

I agree they've taken things too far than was probably ever intended in the original story, but that was their choice as writers of the prequel they were entrusted with. So far they haven't done anything directly contradictory and there's still an episode to show things dialed back a bit as well as three years between the two games. Things between Rachel and Chloe obviously changed over that time to get to the point where they are in the original game. So let people enjoy it in BtS.

daughter - youth

And Chloe would still rather be with her than Max kek

There is one retard spamming the thread 24/7 and he still didn't get tired of it. What the fuck man, your whole life dedicated on shitposting in a thread?

>he is still following michel's fanfiction as canon

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

DELETE THIS

From Chloe's side we knew it was romantic but I wasn't expecting Rachel would respond those feelings genuinely either. But ito be fair in first game they've never mentioned the state of their relationship, and this game filling the blanks.

That's what what it's going to be according to DONTNOD. Though I'm not sure how many events will be referenced. They've always said they remain neutral towards all choices so unless any cameos/references are dependent on a previous save file, there may not be any.

She called Max "her hero".
As well as her best friend, and a bunch of other things, also saying "You made me laugh and smile like I haven't in years" (when Rachel's only been missing for six months). People saying Chloe never loved Rachel are being delusional, as are those saying Chloe doesn't love Max.

If they wanted to incorporate characters or settings from the first game, they should really wait until the end of the third or fourth episode and drop it as a cliff hanger. They need to give the second game enough time to establish the characters and story so that it feels distinct.

when will you fuck off, samefag?

But does Max deserve Chloe? Max only reconnected with her because she was feeling lonely having returned to Arcadia Bay for school; the exact situation she left Chloe in with no support

what are you on about user

>That's what what it's going to be according to DONTNOD.
And thank god for that. Between LiS1 and BtS I hope they'll improve on some things in the formula.

Yeah, that could work too.

After events in LiS1? She sure does. She went through hell and back for her.

She couldn't stop talking about Max over five years and when they reunited she understood who is her guardian angel is

I want to eat that.

Why do I keep playing LiS if I feel like shit after?

>S2 is also about a girl who can control time
>set somewhere in a different universe
>there's some sort of natural disaster again
>girl is panicking
>something bad happens that makes her overuse her powers, she passes out
>sees Max
>"heykiddo"
>Max becomes her guide, trying to prevent another "tornado" from happening

>does Max deserve Chloe
Absolutely.
She does more than enough to win Chloe's trust back as a friend well as become worthy of Chloe's love. Not that it's some test to prove worthiness, but one of Max's inner struggles is comparing herself to others, such as Rachel, and asking herself if she's good enough for Chloe. It takes a little bit for Max to accept that she is.

Maybe she had Rachel's help if Rachel was who gave her the power, but Max and Chloe do deserve each other and have each other.

>second thread in a row without the Republican
>Bayest has abandoned us when we needed them the most

I hope they don't leave us for five years.

Do you lack relationships in real life? Not being mean, just asking because these games can make you really want a meaningful relationship, either platonic or romantic.

Stop Max. That's gross.

They deserve each other because one isn't good without other.

WHY CANT I HAVE A GF LIKE RACHEL??

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

This - they complement and support each other. Ying and Yang, as was mentioned in the game.

>tfw good goy and pre-ordered the deluxe edition
>didn't wear a bonus outfit last time
>wear the dumb regular red shirt this time because LOL BEANIE
>that blue jacket looks so much cuter on Chloe
Fug
Clothes are hard

seems more like a unhealthy co-dependant relationship to me

Did people really like that jacket? It seemed so un-Chloe

S2 will be an entirely new thing that could go either way. I have faith that DONTNOD can create another good cast of characters and setting as they did for S1. My biggest hopes are that they learned a lot of lessons and make a power for the main character that's interesting and consistent, as well as a plot that flows smoothly and without forced dilemmas. If they have improved as writers than it shouldn't be too hard.

The Chloritto is the pinnacle of comfiness.

Seeing Max again, especially older, would be cool. But they would never show Max without Chloe.

>Not wearing the punk doe outfit

>bayest aka trannyfaggot
>we need the most
kill yourself tranny seriously

Max seemed to do pretty good without Chloe on Seattle

>But they would never show Max without Chloe.
Why not? It would make sense. Max is the only constant in both endings.

>Not wearing the Hawt Dawg Man outfit

I have no human interaction outside my home, yeah.

>co-dependant relationship
??? So you'd rather some one-sided thing where one props up the other and limits their own potential to make sure the other doesn't fail entirely? That's not healthy.

She wasn't and she makes that clear. Chloe was always on her mind and Max's biggest regret was leaving Chloe behind. Her biggest fear was how Chloe would respond when she did finally contact her.

>t.vickyfag

Yeah, so great that she was a socially awkward wreck when she came back to Arcadia Bay.

With her two obese friend Kristen and fernando (and in her journal she mentioned how her social situation in school sucked hard) And didn't stop mentioning Chloe..

Because showing Max without Chloe, or at least without mentioning her, would make some people believe the Bay Ending is preferred canon. Something DONTNOD has said they are not interested in doing. Hence why the second season is entirely new from everything hinted.

>it's either unhealthy co-dependency or an unhealthy one-sided relationship
This isn't how relationships work.

>capable of striking up conversations with people without any trouble
>has no problems at school
>is friendly even with popular students
>socially awkward wreck

There you go; I'm the same.

God damn that was good. Almost 4 here and i haven't read the diary entries.

This guys managed to fix LiS after the episode 5 disaster.

>better writing and dialogue
>better looking game with good facial animations
>made chloe likable
>better romance
>more reaction to choices made during the episode and in the previous one
>Rachel

This guys just knocked it out of the park with this. Just let them make season 2 alone at this point

>For me

tfw back in highschool popular grill was into me for some reason, but I was such an incredible autist that I didn't do anything about it and missed the chance. She's a model now as well

They definitely don't work how you claimed they did. Max and Chloe do not have a co-dependency issue. They support each other during rough times because that's what friends and partners do.
Is this going to be the new "Chloe is abusive"? From the wannabe psychologists trying to say them being together is bad?

>better writing and dialogue
>dialogue
Except for backtalk challenges. Those are garbage.
Also, BtS has a lot of mediocre voice actors for some reason. I thought it had bigger budget than LiS? Even Chloe's VA sometimes fails to deliver her lines properly.

*4 hours

Lets G-Go? Boys? anybody?

The better facial expressions have been really good for conveying emotions, kudos to them. The little looks from Chloe go a long way

Because Max and Chloe are protags of this game. Bringing back Max means bringing back Chloe. That's a fact

>made chloe likable

Chloe was plenty likeable in the first game already, she's the same person.

>Also, BtS has a lot of mediocre voice actors for some reason. I thought it had bigger budget than LiS? Even Chloe's VA sometimes fails to deliver her lines properly
There was a big voice actor's strike so they had to hire a bunch of nobody scabs

>mediocre voice actors
Samuel was straight garbage, i'm surprised nobody talked about that here yet.

Do you think Max has found out yet?
Yes. They've been together for almost four years in our time.

Be careful, you are replying to samefagging icky vicky tard right now.

She's more of a dork in BtS. She's younger though so I assume she grew out of it between games

>you claimed
Not me.

>They support each other during rough times because that's what friends and partners do
I see. And if they were to separate, they would be able to lead normal lives without degrading further mentally and socially? Because if not, this is exactly co-dependent. And we've already seen that Chloe has a truckload of abandonment issues which means Max leaving her life for one reason or another is going to hit her hard.

That's not how it works. You can show one protagonist without dragging another in, unless both are required for the story.

A lot of people mentioned Samuel's garbage acting. William's as well.

>Except for backtalk challenges. Those are garbage.
Absolutely. Sometimes the answers dont make any sense in relation with the others and it really takes me out of it.
I think they sholud have done them in a more fluent way instead of jumbling all the topics separately. For an example, look at the one with the security guard en ep 2

>Also, BtS has a lot of mediocre voice actors

Yeah but except two things faggot, let me fix them for you;

-Chloe has always been likeable but playing as her with better writing made things even more

-Max and Chloe's love for each other in first game was always good even if Michel couldn't handle it perfectly they've showed that their relationship love for each other naturally and realistically developed anyway

>Chloe was plenty likeable in the first game
Not for me. Mainly because of the dialogue

Raoul,Luc,Divine,Michel Koch said by themselves that ; One isn't good without other; and described both Max and Chloe protags and main characters of this game. That was "their" story.

Yes, and? They aren't physically fused together; one of them can exist without the other.

They both lived separated for five years, they had their good moments and their own friends. They still missed each other as should be expected. Their biggest hangup was the state they left things in so there was regret, sadness, and anger. It added to Chloe's abandonment issues and to Max's low self esteem.
When they reunited they were both clearly much happier and fell back into their routine, as well as grew into more.
Look at the alternate timeline where they kept in touch in at least some way, both of them seemed to be living their own lives without obsessing over each other. Even though the circumstances were arguably worse. It all came down to the way they parted when Max moved to Seattle.
It's not even yours, or anyone elses, place to decide if it's "healthy" or not.

Uhm, no. There is no Caulfield without Price.

What kind of moron are you? Did you even play the game and remember whatever they said, do and confessed each other at the end?

>Didn't like that Deck Nine was making a LiS game
>Thought they would fuck it up
>Almost didn't buy BtS because I was sure it was going to be trash
>Realize now they do it much better than DontNod
Pretty shocked how this turned out desu