/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

dude hp % lmao edition

Upcoming servers:
>CATA
Hades - 1x, fully blizzlike with pre-nerf raids and dungeons - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en

>TBC
Ares - 1x Instant 60 TBC - October 21st
ares-wow.com/

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kQiO7zkaMPQ
discord.gg/xhPcxqS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guild name and leader on Ares?

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=kQiO7zkaMPQ

third for ares

Dave and Dave's Dyke's

Ares tomorrow. Come join us on Ally

Hadesbulls where you at.

i'll be leading the guild on ares, any name suggestions?

ares

What's your experience?

>all these gypsies hopping from doomed server to doomed server

Should've rolled Kronos

What do you guys predict the population is gonna be like on Horde vs Alliance for ares? It feels like more people are talking about rolling Horde over Ally.

Any way to get WoD models on TBC servers?

Most likely. Which is why we should go ally.

Horde outnumbering Alliance on a TBC server?
WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

40/60 max because of faction queue

>wod models

Yes, I haven't tried but I have read that you can apply the patch the same way you would in wotlk.

>playing on stockmangos tbc for the 99th time
fucking idiots

Whats your problem

go back to lhg tranny, you angry some of the few non chink players are moving on to greener pastures? enjoy getting fucked by whitekidney

I can't get my cata client to work with wod models despite doing it before. I posted in the previous thread, I keep getting the "cannot stream archive data' message.

GM: A dwarf priest named Greenspan

ares releasing in 15 hours 43 minutes!

hades releasing in 26 days 16 hours 40 minutes!

What's your class / race combo for comfy Ares? Are you going to be on horde or alliance, user?

Should have rolled Evermoon. Muh pandas

hades

No meme tauri is actually one of the best scripted and most blizzlike servers i've played on and pandaria is a beautiful continent shame that it's ded

UD Warlock for comfy raiding

female dwarf for the /wspg/ roleplaying guild

Am I missing something or is ares really out in like 2hours and we still haven't decided a guild name and who will be in charge ?

it's out tomorrow. no one's decided on anything because it's silently agreed that it's just a meme to pass the time until hades

1500 GMT tomorrow (sat)

It won't be launching for another 15 hours. 4PM UTC+2.

Fucking this, have you guys actually played the two?

Are there any good servers which have fast 60 but all the grinding/loot is original?

No.

it's a garbage server, hardly anybody here is actually going to play it.

well that sucks

I have to play WoW for so many years. I wonder if it's worth coming back to.

It isn't

funniest post i've seen all month

i still enjoy just playing my characters i've had for years, but if there was a private server i had connection to from australia i'd play on that instead most likely

new choppa new choppa it came with the beam actavis pouring the lean

trannycore btfo on shits hope
aresbulls ww@

I still see some /wpsg/ on Horde even if the guild names are awful

Just pick something pretentious and latin and everyone goes home happy

Cool, I might redownload the client and check it out later. Haven't played there in a good while but I kinda miss the panda meme

Just delete this general already, you faggots will never dedicate yourself to a single project

we have? we're rolling on ares in 14 hours 28 minutes.

>you faggots will never dedicate yourself to a single project

a huge amount of posters from this thread were dedicated to elysium, so much that this thread didnt even exist for months because everybody was in /elyg/ instead

but since elysium crashed and burned, we're back here for now, until next months, when based HADES will save us all!

Just look at the replies above. They're treating it like a joke.

Because the server is a joke.

the joke is that it's so good people are pretending it's bad. imagine a perfectly emulated server, and people pretend it's "bad" so it won't get overcrowded and they can level easy before the hypetrain arrives

well you don't have to pretend. just log on in 14 hours and 10 minutes.

elysium is dead lmao

yeah we're waiting for best expansion. hades wwu!!

reeeeeeeeeeeeee shhhhhhhhhhhhh

delete this

this 100% unironically

>best expansion
>only 1.5 tiers are good
lol

It is. Your point?

so is your guild lmao

>projecting

lmao i was just shitposting but now i know you're one of those dead guild trannies lmaaaaaaaaaaaao

fucking epic gotem dude xD

i-it's the j-journey no the d-destination. . . ha-ha!

ares

And the streets will run with the tears of trannies.

Matthew 13:6

I did roll Kronos. I did all the content I wanted and it's simply time to move on.

Ally. In my heart I'd really prefer to roll Tauren but I'll get out of my comfort zone if it means not dealing with the masses of blonde elf trannies.

What's the best way to transfer add-ons/settings from a WoTLK server to cata? Just download the updated versions, log into both clients and try to copy settings?

Reminder to @senna on the discord and tell him you want the hades guild to be alliance side!

Jesus you lazy retards

discord.gg/xhPcxqS

This is for ARES Alliance guild. I'm only making the discord to organize us. We can decide on GM and guild name together.

good luck on your guild this time, merove.

Hades wwu

Comment on the ss if you want your name added the link is pinned in #cata-twinstar

reminder to vote ALLIANCE.

You'll send the entire expansion in your capital city.

Only literal niggers would prefer the shanty town that is Orgrimmar.

>raiding
>undead

What's the best wotlk server

There aren't good wotlk servers.

dalaran

old AT is good if you want pvp

Well I'm not playing belf faggot

Orclocks look cool though so maybe, I love me a buff ass spellcaster

who is this semen demon?

orc is best warlock, followed by goblin
undead and belf are bad

>goblin
>tbc

Also UD is better just because of WOTF for when I wanna PvP and cannibalize is a cool racial

So what's the catch in twinstar servers

you gotta eat the devs' cummies

literally nothing. they're good as fuck. try them yourself if you don't believe

populated by czechs and slovaks who dont speak english

so just like 99% of every other private server then

the only allowed language is english dummyhead

yeah, for the upcoming servers ares and hades.
the older twinstar servers that have been running for years are full of cz/sk dudes

Im here just to see ares burn and see all of you coming back to glorious LH.

It's a mixed bag. Twinstar allows multiboxing, but not in PvP in any form. Using 3rd party software to keyclone for automating multiboxing is out too. If someone records and reports you, you're done.
VPN's & Proxies are not allowed. This means Xiao doesn't get to set up shop.
Twinstar has a cash shop and moderates account / gold sales and takes a cut from players selling those things.

I feel the compromises are a better deal than straight up playing on a server that has no cash shop but allows Xiao to play, farm, and takes a cut from the gold sales web pages.

I know it's been said a million times already but I literally lol at anybody dumb enough to continue playing on that chink-infested shady shithole

>Twinstar has a cash shop and moderates account / gold sales
can you elaborate on this?
can people buy level boost and epics in the shop? or what else do they sell there?

"Thot Patrol"