/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tvNRjlV8a0I
youtube.com/watch?v=nh4xE2DGa2g
imgur.com/a/Vp5PD
twitter.com/Lioncache/status/921595949964779521
a.co/hMleks5
a.co/4uBZlg1
a.co/4ETLYlj
a.co/ejGFTxs
amazon.com/iUniker-Transparent-External-Dissipating-Raspberry/dp/B01LXSMY1N
imgur.com/a/1o45N
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For those who missed it

youtube.com/watch?v=tvNRjlV8a0I

welcome to the coalition prod might as well start using your code name

PSA: The new Higan RA core has a bunch of input lag that has been fixed and patched out of the other SNES cores but not the Higan core.
It was discussed on their forums and is not going to be fixed either because doing so will piss off byuu.
If you're playing action games stick with BSNES/Snes9x cores fellow anons.

>Using X shit to bypass Windows Aero's problems is nothing new
>Who gives a shit? (insert rant in which he clearly shows that he cares about what he had read here)
Dropped.

join #ssnes
I mean
how about snes9x

fabled secret RA channel found?

wouldn't even matter

anybody knowing a lick of how irc functions knows how to lock down a channel so only desired people can enter it

So, what are the superior shaders to use with 2D (NES, SNES, Genesis) and 3D (PS1, Saturn, PS2)?

None

not cherrypicked

>it's not fair because it's one example of literally thousands.

I know you're just shitposting, but dithering and sharp pixels are two different things.

oh yeah how do achieve that look at this

better get posting

how do i make emulators???????

>2012-04-29
>SSNES has renamed itself to RetroArch,

Gex Looking good in Beetle PSX HW.

That looks awful m8

You have to bump threads, otherwise they archive. What part of this do you people not understand?

How long until the hatchet is no longer buried?
Truly the worst of both worlds. Why would you post that?

None of my computers I use RA on have location data or cameras to hijack in the first place.
I'm sorry you feel offended that the tracking device you insist on using is being used appropriately as intended.

Whoa. It happened on my birthday. That's totally neat.

So what happened to staplebutter? His last tweet was him threatening to attack a building and that was a week ago.

He's baiting you.

is there a way to disable status messages in mGBA

Use the Labir+do core.

We can do better than that. youtube.com/watch?v=nh4xE2DGa2g

vita emulator when

Carmack is an autistic programmer. He doesn't get ANYTHING other than logic and programming. He isn't strictly that into games themselves per se, but rather the puzzles that programming creates and creating a new project. He also primarily was a PC gamer, and as such he would have only experience with high quality high resolution PC CRT monitors.

SD CRTs are the best way to display old games since they're so low resolution. The idea of CRT shaders is to preserve the "native resolution" look that CRT tvs have while using high resolution displays.

I'm getting deja vu.

If Retroarch is so good how come there's no core for Sega CD games?

2048 core

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

GenesisplusGX.

Do you mean 32x?

i how do that?

Looks a little bit too 'gritty', I guess the word would be? Might not be the shader's fault, could just be the low res.

how do i make the res look like yours?

Fullscreen + Integer Scaling enabled in retroarch's video options on a 1920x1080 screen or larger.

It's a core in Retroarch that plays Master System, Megadrive, Game Gear and Sega CD.

I know but where do I put the bios? In the download folder?

Go to the wiki, find Retroarch Bios. Put it in the system folder.

Stock crt shader comparison, all defaults with an in-game look instead of the tiny previews template. Open each in a new window and maximize. imgur.com/a/Vp5PD

Aperture actually looks pretty good compared to the others for how little I see it recommended.

i'll see

Lioncache on _tomcc
twitter.com/Lioncache/status/921595949964779521

>when your code is such mangled gibberish that no one except you can understand it

>ace

Wow this guy has a lot of nerve. I still remember that time when he broke PJ64 with his useless Cpisspiss refactoring.

>using RetroArch
Your own fault user

Most cores are fine. It's just Beetle PSX HW that's an embarrassing shit show.

Now I agree, this is a piece of shit. A shame this core has the most options I want in my games

>Ontario

Geez, I probably live near him. Most people are around the Toronto area.

what's his endgame...

None of the options that are unique to the HW core are anything you'd want turned on, though. PGXP causes more problems than it fixes, and GL/Vulkan are both broken and terrible. PCSX-R PGXP is better if you want enhancements.

Time to get the rake.

Transitioning, and the inevitable long walk off a tall bridge.

I'd rather have nothing than use that dogshit.

is this integer scaling?

weird

Are you using retroarch's built in screenshot command? I believe with the default options it just grabs the image it's outputting, and not your entire screen when there's all of that extra space.

I haven't used dolphin in a few months, what is better for emulating wind waker, ishiiruka or official?

I guess Ill check what happened with the ubershader thing first

>Are you using retroarch's built in screenshot command?
Yes I am. That explains it. It's like a big close up with extra space. I'm trying to make my screenshots look like this persons

Oops, I linked them wrong.

Yeah those are my screens taken using the 'take screenshot' function in retroarch.

it's all confusing, I'm using the same shader present as you but it isn't as blurry and bloomish as your and when i try to add a shader pass to the one you gave me and instructed me on how put in a notepad it goes away, unless I have to edit the shader present itself. Hmm, and to add that the screenshot only takes half the screen rather than fully like yours do. Something fishy is going on.

That's crazy, because I've never uploaded any of my presets anywhere (seen here with blargg's composite enabled to really blur the fuck out of it for a better meme shader comparison with genesis dithering effects). For your screenshot issue, have you tried a clean installation of the latest version of retroarch to see if it's some setting you tripped, or if it's the default behavior?

Apparently the Retroarch "devs" have friends, family and jobs?

SP sure as hell doesn't, but the rest probably do.

you're saying you're not the one who made that gifthub link? I don't know it's all confusing to me i downloaded and installed the latest retroarch back in may and never really bothered messing with it cuz it was too confusing and it still is.

wait scratch that, not in may. It was in June when I downloaded it.

I've only ever posted screens, so that wasn't me.

Why are these threads so god damn autistic

Why is Byuu's cat so damn obese?

>cyberbullying a cat
/emugen/ must pay for his crimes!

CEMU

so i played botw on 1.8.0 a few months ago and now that i'm back it seems the emulator got worse since water zones do not load and my character can walk under water
i probably forgot to set some kind of option to load things properly
what could it be?

MGS4 when?

lookin good

Hmm.

Any non-meme answers to this?

Nobody blames the cat. We love the cat.

What do you like?

Can someone recommend me a quality case for a raspberry pi 3 with a fan that allows for heatsink clearance.

I've looked at:
>Flirc Raspberry Pi Case Gen2 a.co/hMleks5
>Super Tinytendo Case with Large Cooling Fan a.co/4uBZlg1
>Shamra Case a.co/4ETLYlj
>Zebra Case Lazer Lime a.co/ejGFTxs

I really want the Lazer Lime case but I don't think I'll have the space for a fan and heatsink with that case. I plan on overclocking the board for sure.

Any raspberry pi 3 case suggestions based on this information?

Did you already buy the pi?

Yeah. I purchased two from Arrow during their sale the other day.

Well that's unfortunate. Anyway, to answer your question: amazon.com/iUniker-Transparent-External-Dissipating-Raspberry/dp/B01LXSMY1N would be my recommendation for a case where thermals won't be an issue.

Why unfortunate?

The pi3 is underpowered compared to other SBCs which really limits your selection of emulators to shittier versions of existing gen4 emulators if you don't want slowdown. If you ever wondered what all of these out of date meme cores are for: , that would be your answer.

Because most emulator users are?

Thanks for your time and suggestion on the case.

I hope others can chime in with their suggestion for a case too.

Nice OP

Missing water hasn't been a problem since the first few BOTW builds, are you using 1.10?
If it still happens try deleting the game and redownloading it+updates

I have some meme answers. imgur.com/a/1o45N

that's what solved it thanks