gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNa4rn3701A
jasozz.tumblr.com/post/165990546133/dooting-enabled-edit-patreon-is-live
patreon.com/jasozz
youtube.com/watch?v=LR4OxNfzTvU
twitter.com/panstasz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've had a card game based RPG circling in my head for a long time. You get a hand full of cards and can only play the moves (represented by cards) that you have. The game would have a lot of shifting variables in the fighting area so that each card would be useful under the right circumstances. I wanted to make sure it's more about calculated risks than complete RNG

Good catch on getting the logo back. Also nice cleanup.

Am I allowed to post progress without a gif or webm?

sure buddy
what you got?

I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm scared guys. Need to hide my incompetence.

What game should I make?

WHY should I make it?

can your mom make a game?
youtube.com/watch?v=rNa4rn3701A

if you post without any webm or screenshot or anything else we'll deny your game's existence and shitpost you

>Construst 2 removed from the list
What did OP mean by this?

If its a group interview you are fucked, if not just be polite and honest. Remember you are interviewing the company as well to see if it is a place you want to work at. For those comment about that being cliche or whatever it doesn't change the fact that it is true

I'm sorry user. I didn't mean anything by it. But I hope you continue to use it to make your game. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

no-one really uses construct here
see: recap

Currently attempting Pong
+ got player paddle to move
+ the ball bounces off player and AI paddle
+ the ball's vector is slightly randomized when it hits a paddle so it doesn't bounce back and forth in a straight line
+ the ball bounces off floor and ceiling l
+ got the AI paddle to follow ball
+ made AI paddles speed adjustable so it isn't impossible to beat
+ got ball to respawn once a player has scored
+ Added scoreboard for each player that increments each time a player makes a score
+ Added pause functionality

My plan is to add different game modes too and the user can choose a difficulty that would increase AI speed, so like 1st to score 5 wins, or Endurance mode where the AI never loses and you get points for how many times you hit the ball back.
I still need to add a menu for all this

You should make your dream game. Because it's the game you love and you're destined to make it.

And how do I find my dream game?

Construct was only in the meme OP's
Just a casualty of war

Make a bunch of shitty games until one isn't shit

>the ball's vector is slightly randomized when it hits a paddle so it doesn't bounce back and forth in a straight line
Please no. It should be a reflection of balls current movement plus some extra velocity based on the paddle's movement as it touches three ball. It should always be deterministic, not random.

What do shitty games have to do with my dream game, though?

What's wrong with group interviews

no one is qualified for the job they do. the person interviewing you will be incompetent as well. first you worry about not knowing how to do a job, then you realize that thats just what doing the job feels like. or maybe im just terrible at everything. either way I believe in you

Once I add walls, it's pretty much going to have everything other than the fov from TA.

Also 80% committed on a 1.0 release date on 201?-05-19

>the ball's vector is slightly randomized
stopped reading there

They aren't your dream game so you need to make them to get them out of the way first

What makes Game Maker better than Construct?

Because dreams reflect your character

I can't wait to play this in 2019

Got it, I'll add it to my priority list

game that captures the open ocean segments of wind-waker when?

If the player stayed still wouldn't that result in the ball bouncing back and forth in a straight line forever?

All engines are more or less the same, some have advantages in certain parts. But for the most part it's down to personal preference. Preference on workflow and language.
You should use what you're most comfortable with, and what offers what you need.

Yes, but the AI should prefer to add energy to the ball, so this could only happen versus two players. You could also just start the ball at an angle, making it nearly impossible to get it bouncing in a straight horizontal line

When you make it

>201?
that's pretty confident of you

OG pong divided the paddle into 8 to determine the angle

Looking for Team Members

-Project Name-
DoomRipOff prototype

-Requested roles-
3d modeling art director, 3d animator (knows inverse kinematics), texture guy person, game designer, programmer, sfx artist.

-Payments-
No pay. I will try to make the project last for at most 6 months, then you'll get payed from the release, but if it fails (which it most likely will), no pay. ALSO YOU GET PHOTOSHOP FOR FREE!!!

-Expectations-
If you go in looking to be lazy it will not work, I will give you a job everytime you finish one. If we all work this way we can literally get the project done in 2 months or under; but I know that will never happen, so atleast don't be too lazy. Also try to have fun.

-Game?-
A doom 2016 ripoff for android devices running on the vulkan api inside unity. It'll be like a mix of shadow warrior and doom. This project will not be ambitious (like open world games, or mmorpg shit), so no need to worry about unrealistic expectations. Also that is all I know about the project, why would I make a whole detailed description of something I don't even know works yet?

is this from reddit or something

In time, I will be, but slow progress, gotta get the ocean right

Comfy sailing game where you make deliveries across oceans. plotting paths to avoid storms and get boosts from favorable wind

I want free photoshop, I can't do anything but the games no gonna get made so it doesnt matter

Project name: UW
Role Required:coder,Dev,3D artist
Team size: about 4 or 5 (can't remember)
Project length: dont know yet
Compensation: comissions unless you work for free
Responsibilities: quite a bit
Project description:Space game where u have a base and u must surive

that's the dream senpai

>avoiding storms

So, I am currently writing a program in C++ that learns from the user and then tries to replicate, and once it has successfully replicated the user's action, then it'll try to best the user's action, or best the user. Now, I am doing this in hopes of creating A.I. for my fighting game that learns from the player, begins to replicate, and then uses the player's actions to become a better fighter, and in time becoming a better fighter than the player. An A.I. that learns from the player. Any thoughts from you guys?

That animation is tight but I have no idea what the fuck is happening.

It is harder to get to know the interviewer on a more personal level, which is the point of doing person to person interview and not filling out a test.

The fact that its a group interview shows the interviewer also doesn't want or have time to get to know you personally, which says a lot about the position you are trying to get.

you can also do what Pong did-- have different parts of the paddle reflect the ball at different angles

Something's not quite right

I've thought about this and wondered if there's a way to make "hanging out below-deck and doing .... stuff" engaging, because it's just about the coziest environment I could think of. The rocking, the splashing, the creaking, the light wind in sails above. Or at night, the insanely bright stars above deck, a lantern glow below deck and nothingness in every direction.

I've even wondered if something like, VR "environments" will ever be a thing. Like instead of loading up an ebook reader on your tablet or whatever, you pop inside a VR environment and do it there. I have never tried VR so I have no idea what people are doing or what works and doesn't work. Plus the technology's changing so fast that I'm not going to dive in just to have an obsolete system in a year.

Are you aware that le spooky skeleton meme has been dead for years?

redpill me on data structures

he literally just got memed into popularity thanks to that meme

Sailing and running an actual ship requires a crew of multiple people. If you simplify the tasks down to the level of a game, and only have one player instead of several, you have just enough work to make a game.

Doot doot shit is what made him famous. People still repeat "spoopy"

Right on, thanks!

Who got "memed" into popularity? I don't get it. This guy?

Finally done with the parasol helmet. You can fire up to 2 wind blades out of the cannon on top for floating. The blades regen at a rate of 1 per second but only when on the ground.

jasozz.tumblr.com/post/165990546133/dooting-enabled-edit-patreon-is-live

patreon.com/jasozz

He's earning $1 per month per 100 notes on a years old meme

My last few games have failed, mostly because I just started devving without really having a plan. I'm working on my next game, and now that I have the basic framework down, I want to actually plan everything before I continue it's harder than it sounds.

I hope the next game you're planning is smaller than the ones that failed

which data structures in particular user?

That's a pretty sweet helmet user

Fix one error and 20 take it's place. At least its producing some entertaining bugs!

the ones that help me make game

here's a pretty neat video I found that I thought you lot might find interesting uwu
>youtube.com/watch?v=LR4OxNfzTvU

multisets and hypergraphs

What the fuck are you even making?

>Sailing and running an actual ship requires a crew of multiple people
This isn't necessarily true, solo sailing is very much a thing.

Just a small multiplayer project for Halloween, about a couple of skeletons protecting their graveyard from hooligans and their agitated parents

Thanks other user. Good luck in your skelly endeavors.

That actually sounds pretty fun with friends. Good luck finishing it for Halloween. How close are you to being finished?

Thanks!

Content is all in and the gameplay all functions, but I wanted to add in a lobby and make the game properly restart at the end of each wave, which was alot harder than I expected. Planning to release it on itch next Friday, and if I have it done on time, on Patreon a bit earlier since some patrons have been wanting to record stuff for Halloween streams, which'll be fun to watch I think.

Are there any recommended programs for Android tablets similar to GraphicsGale/Aseprite? I need something I can copy basic character design from PC and sketch clothing/weapon details over with a stylus.

what are you planning to get done over the weekend?

I plan on actually starting something.

few days break, back with day/night cycle.
Another webm soon with farming progress.
System is nice and clean, enables a lot of flexibility - speedup/slow down easily enough etc.

I wish you well, but I would like to tell you that you should fix shit a little bit before release on Itch. After creating the lobby system and making the game restart after each wave, fix little bugs up and smooth rough edges (fix minor things that are broken).

so a while back there was this guy making a desert game
it looked like some kinda resource management game or something
do you guys know if he ever finished it?

i really wanted to play that game

System in place for farming/produce.
Flexible, simple as just putting in a sprites in for a different veg, input its stats and just works.
Working on tools and some hud stuff.
Then onto text boxes/npcs.

Yeah for sure. I gave myself a solid week padding to bug squash and work on balance, but the itch release is essentially a free beta to hopefully gather feedback for the eventual Steam release, which was made possible through Patreon.

He's making this now. He said early in the year that he would go back to desert game (TM)

twitter.com/panstasz

Wait, you have enough funding to put it on Steam? That's fucking great, user! 3 cheers to SkellyDev everybody! He made it out of this hell hole and actually did something!

>tfw can't top redrawing art for your game because your ability or style keeps changing

HAHA, FAGGOT.

This is what you faggots get for making real games. I am making a simple text based game that only revolves around my ability to program, which I can do really well. My visual abilities are garbage, so I stick to text based, or really anything that just requires programming talent.

Steam Direct is only 100 bucks, so it's really not a big deal - I just couldn't afford it out of pocket due to some unexpected home expenses. I put it as a Patreon goal and people were interested enough to back it, which was pretty cool.

Background now also has the sonar effect. Does it add depth, or is it just distracting?

It looks neat, but my vote is distracting.

I don't know why people get triggered at Steam controlling this. It's common sense that $4.99 is a far more appealing price than $5. I think there's a lot of information to suggest that $12.99 and $14.99 are really good price points for indie devs too. Something about $9.99 being in the category of bargain bin buys you should wait for to be on sale. They're cheaper than more expensive high quality "indie" games like endless space and stuff (though that studio is pretty big now I think after endless legend). Those games price at 29.99, which is basically the price for "indie" kickstarter games and stuff like pillars of eternity and other games like that.

Long story short is that if your game is like and actual full game but its just made by a couple people or yourself 12.99 or 14.99 is a good price.
>crosscode
>stardew
>software inc
However I guess there are good examples of $9.99 games too.
>terraria
>Last Dream

Also apparently this guy was able to price his at exactly $20 so there must be some sort of wizard magic.

Fuck almost forgot to tell you (my blog) what I did today:

I ported Bombx. Except the winning screen, because I want to fiddle with the ending a little.
Sleep tight devvers

I love this game, but I hate that the crack is so mixel-y

i like it

im testing out to see if my gun will import to unity properly

What the fuck is happening with the webm.

But user, is it really a game if nobody plays it?

What happens on that day?

>Map generation is all over the place
At least I'm having fun so hopefully it will be ok by Halloween. Wish I started this a bit earlier. How's your jam progress s guys?

Tell me if you figure out how to not have the buttons highlighted after you click them in Godot. That's one of the primary reasons I don't use Godot anymore.

Are you displaying those from hardcoded strings or are you reading in data? Godot's saving and loading is actually super easy to set up so you can move straight to loading in strings from a json file even though that's kind of scary to do in a lot of other engines/libraries. Well it's probably not that bad I just need to find the correct .net library for it.

I literally don't know what this game is anymore. I feel like it was a roguelike at some point and then it was a puzzle game and now I don't even know. Maybe there was just a dev that made a very similar looking game with different mechanics.

The first string is read from a text file. The strings displayed by the buttons are hard-coded. I'm migrating from ren'py so I'm just getting a feel for how Godot's UI works and what options I'll have to emulate ren'pys label system.

Man.